1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish upon the Stars (Original Superhero cultivation sci fi litrpg)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Malcolm Tent, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Malcolm Tent

Malcolm Tent Monkey with a typewriter.

He wanted something wish related that wasn't obvious. Solomon possessed a ring that could bind demons and spirits, and some of the spirits he bound were Djinn.

Judge_Dragon likes this.
  2. unimaginable232

unimaginable232 Getting sticky.

So Polaris is just a higher tier H rank? Was thinking he was also G rank or higher.

3. Malcolm Tent

H is a big spectrum. From ten to a hundred points is all H so the higher level H rankers are much stronger in terms of ability, though without the extra impact they aren't as tough as G rankers.

4. Chazz

Chazz Making the rounds.

The poor guy, what a terrible name....lol

5. Xbure

Xbure .

Probably gets quite the powerful reputation from that. He's a villain cultivator?

6. Malcolm Tent

Mad Dogs get a bad rep even among villains, but yeah, being a mysterious serial killer is a pretty big power boost, even with the Unity trying to clamp down on the news.

7. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

heh. MC got his wish after all
    Huh. I just realized govt coverup is legitimate a good thing in this world. Because it denies levelups to the murderer

8. TheeGreenBean

TheeGreenBean Getting out there.

Was kind of weird seeing you getting a shout out on PoA

9. Malcolm Tent

Lol Mantis is good people. I beta read the story, and when he heard about my new litrpg he checked it out and offered to mention it.

10. High Lord Azal

High Lord Azal Not too sore, are you?

Well he is going get so many skills off of this I can totality see why wish granters are considered extremely likely to enter the big leagues of the Ascendants.

However it is going to be difficult to explain how he keeps gaining all of these skills/stats in such a short amount of time.

Lucky that the wish he just granted gives him the ability to make real enchanted gear.

Needybaby likes this.
  11. Consumer

Consumer I trust you know where the happy button is?

You got this chapter marked as 29 OP. Will there be romance in this story? I can see him and Jessie getting together. Their interactions are pretty cute.

12. Malcolm Tent

Potentially, I'm kind of getting a handle on the world building. It occurs to me that committing to a pairing too early in xianxia stories can be an issue due to the whole constant movement thing.

13. Consumer

I mean if he’s going to help his bro become an ascender I don’t see why Jessie would be more of an issue especially since I think I could see you going to make her an alchemist. Also a harem is pretty standard in xianxia and she is total first waifu material.

mrttao likes this.
  14. Malcolm Tent

Yeah, I'm on the fence about a harem because the story is blowing up on royal road rn and they lean more traditional. the alchemy thing isnt a bad idea though.

15. Consumer

I prefer harem stories cause it’s a part of the power fantasy but I’m also fine with reading about an MC that’s going through his self discovery journey. It’s even better when he discovers his journey leads to a bed with multiple women.
    Also I’ve read plenty of stories on RR with harems. Yes you get the asshats that get all puritanical about traditional relationships but don’t let that discourage you if that’s where the story goes.

What xianxia novels do you know that went the monogamous road? Only one I can think of off the top of my head is I Shall Seal The Heavens.

K_Will and mrttao like this.
  16. Malcolm Tent

There's actually a bunch of them. Forty Millenniums of Cultivation, Tempest of the Stellar War and a few others, but I have to admit there are a decent number of harem stories.

17. Consumer

I remember not really being able to get into 40k of cultivation so I had no idea but tempest sounds new.

mrttao likes this.
  18. Consumer

That’s a pretty unique enchanting system. Don’t think I’ve ever come across something similar before. Did you come up with it yourself or did you take inspiration from somewhere?

Dio Black, jjlph18 and Aravis like this.
  19. Malcolm Tent

I don't think I've seen it anywhere else, just kind of came to me. I wanted something flexible and that I could add to later.

20. Consumer

Seems like you could create some really cool artifacts with this system.

jjlph18, Aravis and Malcolm Tent like this.
  21. Mastersenseinewby

Mastersenseinewby Know what you're doing yet?

i like it its easy to remember, flexible, and has massive potential

jjlph18, Aravis and Malcolm Tent like this.
  22. MichaelSuave

MichaelSuave Not too sore, are you?

So, the obfuscation device on his ankle, didn't you mention that really powerful people could see through it? How high up above him are we talking? Could an F do it? Or an E?

Malcolm Tent likes this.
  23. Malcolm Tent

Theoretically a high F ranker could manage it, someone who stacked perception hard, if they had a skillset for scanning or divining others, but those are uncommon. With how prevalent scanning devices are at lower levels you dont usually see divining powers on lower ranked planets. There's just no market for them.

24. MichaelSuave

MichaelSuave Not too sore, are you?

So I can finally ask my real question! Does the Kelpie "know"? Seems a Fae information broker who can see through disguises would know...

25. Xbure

Xbure .

Would 'Stellar manipulation' count as magic of the stars?

26. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

You know, I think this is one of those cases where he could have taken money.
    Yes, skills are great and all. But how often will he have a client who is extremely rich to the point where what MC thinks is an extremely harsh penalty is "nothing" to him?

Heck he could even flip it around. I am sure there is someone poor out there who would sell him a skill or a stat of the appropriate type for enough money.
    That said, lucky break on getting enchanting.

Also he could always buy a skill crystal if he was rich enough.
    It also felt like far too much of a coincidence for the first guy he went to, to decide to pay with the 1 skill he most desired.
    There are plenty of harems on RRL too
    that is weird. His other skills came with appropriate knowledge, this one isn't? a discrepancy for sure.

Also, it has been too short to pick up enchanting... but asking for such info is part of the process of learning the skill, is it not?
    Did MC forget he wanted to ask Zeke about the serial killer?
    Hmmm... I am now imagining if a crafter at the end of his lifespan (or suffering from incurable injuries) would dump all his impact into a final magnum opus to leave behind.
    Not a common scenario though

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
    dxdragon, insertname099 and Consumer like this.
  27. Malcolm Tent

Good question about the skill. Short answer is that when he trades for a skill he gets the skill of the person in question. Not all Minor Enchanting Mastery skills have the same information in them. The guy he got his from hadn't enchanted in years and kind of sucked at it to begin with. He barely remembered what he'd learned anymore and his knowledge was somewhat spotty to begin with. Like Zeke said a lot of people have limited stats and never bother learning all of the basics since they cant use them.

28. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

Speaking of, how does the MC know that his own power is safe from that?
    hmmm... well I guess there is the fact he didn't shatter when ranking up to H?
    killers -> killings

29. Consumer

I was thinking it’s his power that got him the stats so it’s not an external force.

Malcolm Tent likes this.
  30. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

But it got those stats by stealing it from someone else.
    Normal people also do not get their stats from their power, they get their stats from proper ascendant cultivcation (legend)
    hmm... thinking about it, a legend is also an external source. People belief in you is coalesced into stat points. If anything MC stealing powers actually has his powers more involved than normal cultivation.

So yea, I was definitely talking nonsense earlier.

Consumer likes this.