1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. yingyang590

yingyang590 Getting out there.

ChestBurster, Chirox and Cuchulin like this.
  2. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ehh, at least this time you'll be confronting someone that belongs to a class and species that engages in depravities and genocides rather than some poor misguided person or an innocent person.

Old Thad really left an impression huh?

'we had'

That's one way of saying that you sick fuck.

It was like the entertainment Leatherfaces family gave to those teenagers.

'He then'

'a great deal'

Renegade, renegade, poor foolish renegade...

Ohh just the guys that they betrayed, tortured and most likely killed.

4. m_d

m_d Fascinated by storytelling

Hmm. Paragon symbol in a different colour with a wavy sun(?) behind the helmet (Is that a winged helmet, or is it just a pair of wings?). I wonder what that portends. Is the sun affecting them in a way we haven't noticed yet?

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No.

A bunch of New Gods came to Earth in the past and uplifted a neanderthal named Aurakles and also uplifted a bunch of other neanderthals and made Aurakles their leader and turned him into a New God.

Aurakles traveled to the future and met Melmoth, who betrayed him and stole his equipment.

Also let's not forget that while the Forever People made mistakes in the show and in this story, that they're not the worst offenders.

Obloquy, the writer of Life Ore Death, gave a good defense of them when he said that while they did make mistakes that could have been avoided the Team also made a whole lot of mistakes that could have been avoided.

And while Desaad beat them fairly easily remember that he's one of Darkseids Elite, even if he's not all that powerful himself, and that the Team has also been defeated by their foes, like when Psimon mind whammied them. Yeah they beat him, but that didn't mean that they didn't almost lose and could have died.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  6. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I think it is something about MLP.

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think that that symbol started showing up after renegade was hit with the Elements of Harmony, so it's most likely symbolizes that now his paragon decisions are affected by them.

8. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Oh lord, pony interrupts are a thing now? I love it.
    The urge to burst into song would be a serious compulsion for a new god touched by the elements of harmony as a certain amount of drama is built into how both pony and new god magic works.

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

And hopefully his New God nature would affect those around him to also start singing and dancing.

10. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

11. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Song and Dance shall be his tools of conquest.

12. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Oh, I see. It's not just taking the paragon option, but taking the harmonious option.

You know, I generally prefer my fae more along the Dresden Files line of things, but the Sheeda have been fun.

13. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

It's not a Paragon interrupt, it's a Harmony interrupt, pursuant to Renegrayven getting the Anti-Life blasted out of him by the mlp magic of harmony.

14. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Harmony is infectious.

If we are lucky it will slowly overwrite his insanity until all that's left is a slightly grouchy grouch.

15. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Hm. If it wasn't this Aurakles, it was probably an Apokalyptian. Would explain why the Sheeda turned "evil" instead of just "desperate".

"This song's gonne be stuck inside your, this song's gonne be stuck inside your,this song's gonne be stuck inside your braaaihaaain!"

"MAKE IT STOP!"

16. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Heh. I bet that's something he lives in fear of all the time. Knowing he can't defend himself easily from an assassin...

Well, good to see he recognises Grayven and Artemis as not local. It is kind of obvious, and all. And they're clearly not slaves, what with being armed... So naturally he decides to play along.

Harmony interrupt for the win.

Not every situation needs to be conquered. Sometimes, you have to try to do things peacefully. If it falls through, then you go a'conquering.

What, like, "No, my Queen, I was simply delaying them until your return, so that you could have the pleasure of flaying them yourself." Whatever makes it easier for him to agree.

Or at least making sure it never happens. Which means finding out what happened to make the Sun the way it is, because that is basically at the heart of all this...

Which, honestly, says a lot about how dangerous he really was.

Yeah, Sivana definitely made quite the impression.

Yeah, you can see him weighing up his options. Help them, and if the queen returns, get a painful death for betraying her. Fight them, die painfully, and condemn his people to a slow, lingering death. Trust them, the queen doesn't return, and he ends up hailed as the saviour of the Sheeda... :p Choices, choices.

Heh, I can see ol' Glory-Bra doing that. She was very much the vindictively petty type.

Helping it is, then. Let's hope he isn't playing the long game.

And why isn't it affecting New God or Maltusian tech the same way? Or is it just working a hell of a lot slower, due to their complexity?

...Oh, that's... I hadn't even thought of that. We know the soldiers use insect chitin for armour, but...

Talk about figure-hugging... ;)

So it's more like dense bone than flesh. Presumably, if you could pierce deep enough, you'd get bone marrow and blood.

Then Grayven gets to doing what he does well: Problem-solving.

Good, there's plenty of information to look over, then. Hope you're ready for a study session.

Oh, you have no idea. Most superheroes are already a little cracked, just by the drive to dress in flashy costumes and fight crime... Never mind the ones with actual trauma. And let's not get started on the super-villains.

Oh, he's good. It can't have been that obvious.

Unless you could eat rocks. Like a kryptonian could.

Oh, that's a worry. Who knows what those glyphs will actually do. Grayven, at least, has strong magical resistance, but what about Artemis?

I hope Mother Box's recovering from her figurative hangover, at least. Hopefully that'll help her shake it off? Worst case, she can analyse it.

Or he simply didn't care to make it painless. And that's one hell of a promotion, huh? From meat-gatherer to servant of nobility. No wonder she's worried.

He is your hostage, after all. Technically.

Now, whether that summons a guide or guards, we'll see soon. I wouldn't put it past him...

If anyone's wondering still: Aurakles and his people. He may still be out there, too, imprisoned by the crown.

Hopefully they're reasonably intact, separated from their owners for so long...

Who knows, they may find something to help them create a time machine. An archive that only responds to a New God, perhaps?

Glad a Sheeda Highborn can be something other than Stupid Evil. I mean, he may be weaving plans within plans but I suspect if he pulls anything, he's got a date with a Daiklave in his future. And getting access to information is always a good first move...

17. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

That's not in any way ominous, is it?... No. Not At All.

ChestBurster and Darko like this.
  18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No it was probably just Aurakles, and the reason thy became evil was most likely that Melmoth wanted an evil society for whatever reason.

It also wouldn't be the first time some desperate people have done something horrible to survive.

19. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

Oh my, he's capable of learning from his mistakes? Too bad it takes so long for any lesson to stick. I guess being too powerful for most consequences to matter has that effect.

Yeah you do! Damn. Sivana must have left quite an impression if the high level Drow is having a brown pants moment.

It's been so long since I've watched YJ so I can't remember what Artemis is supposed to sound like. I like to imagine her sounding like her YJ Abridged incarnation. Gothamite accent for the most part but slipping into loud Cockney when stressed/angry, just like Sportmaster and Jade :D

... Talk about second skin. It's both ingenious and extra gross.

An interesting chapter Mr Z!

20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He's Highborn so he may be more capable than you think.

Must be why Melmoth married her.

They have, well had, so much in common.

You sir deserve a blue ring for your ability to hope.

New God tech and Maltusian tech is a...shit tont more advanced than anything else in the universe and is connected to a powerful source of energy, New God tech to the Source and Maltusian tech to the Emotional Spectrum, so that may be why it's so resistant, but it isn't completely immune seeing as Mother Box seems to weak and the rings don't seem to be responding.

They probably can't get much, if any, nutritional value from them.

Matter Eater Lads species on the other hand may find them a delicacy.

She is also a New God, and while not as powerful as renegade is still fairly powerful.

Some promotions really aren't worth it.

Now she has to spend time around the rulers of the Sheeda society and judging from Melmoth and his wife that isn't something you want unless you're batshit crazy.

Though given Sheeda society she may be crazy and we just haven't seen it.

Give him time, he may still do something stupid.

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He did tell Luna that he was going to try to be less of an asshole after he got rid of the Anti Life fragment.

And sometimes slipping into Japanese.

God damn but do I want to see OL go to the Abridged universe and deal with all the things there.

Help Orm become less of a bitch tit.

Tell Tula and Garth to stop singing.

Help people who want to leave Superman ruled America evacuate to outer space.

Help Green Arrow with his drinking problem.

Help Tim with his AI girlfriend.

Find out that Nabu is on vacation and the reason that Giovanni isn't seeing his daughter is because he's a horrible parent.

Deal with Klarion before he eats Wally, and get people to stop calling Wally fat.

Stop Superman from doing, well, anything.

Get Batman to see that other things can be people, except for the Joker of course.

And I hope that renegade sees Darkseids obsession with Earth musicians, and be called something like 'My Dark Lord of the beautiful dark pit' by Desaad.:D

And of course, deal with Alfred.

Those stupid boys will be killed.

22. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

I was actually thinking more Music Meister or infrasound.

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  23. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

YJ Abridged Alfred would play him like a fiddle.

RichardWhereat, Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  24. DougA

DougA Getting out there.

I've googled, Wikipedia'd, can't find it. What is Young Justice Abridged? Fanfic? Fan name for YJ season 3, which I haven't seen? What?

Cuchulin likes this.
  25. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

It's an Abridged series on YouTube.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

And it is beautiful.

The way they've managed to connect that various animated movies and shows is just impressive.

27. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Did the spelling and grammar ever get any better in that story?

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Never really noticed any problem with that.

The words and sentences seemed correct to me.

Cuchulin and NightmareWarden like this.
  29. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

I might be thinking of a different story then. Because shit, the one I'm thinking of damn near traumatised me.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well the stories written by theirishdreamer on SB, one of which included a YJ SI story, tend to have bad grammar and spelling, but they are wonderful to read, once you get past the bad grammar and spelling of course.

Xmaster3000 and Cuchulin like this.