1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard about Illustres Spider-Fucker now.

Thats a good place to start.

Maybe 'off of the'

2. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

past -> passed

3. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

Rereading the Warhammer omakes, (which personally I hope we'll see more of in the future), I have to wonder if Paul should expect trouble from The Fay Enchantress if he has magisters from the Imperial Colleges of Magic set up shop in the community he's building to teach the kids who would have been snatched up by the Enchantress to become "Grail Damsels" or "Sons of Bretonnia".

MALLOBAUDE: Why not have your Dark Elf sorceress teach the children Magic instead?

ARANEI: Pft-HAHAHAHAHA!

PAUL: .....I want you to think on that sentence, VERY hard.

4. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Or just a gate you can take apart into several sections.
    It bugged me that they always went through on foot, when they could have easily taken a jeep through to increase the ground they could cover and carry more gear.
    It's a lot harder to makes them bigger.

Cuchulin likes this.
  5. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

is this gonna be Rrab cherry pop, cause i don't think she gotten herself into an Earth-grade case yet ever since she came here

i can't remember, did she come before or after the Sheda

ChestBurster likes this.
  6. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, looking in on a Lantern colleague? And no doubt feeling out whether she's been trying to take any action towards that canonical crush on Hal Jordan. The trick is going about it in a way that doesn't upset her or make her more determined to succeed.

Oh my, OL. I mean, that's one heck of a thing to give a young lady. Even one who no doubt has a limited knowledge of human relationships, no matter how experienced she might be at home.

I'm pretty sure at this point, the entire Green Lantern Corps, from greenest Rookie to Guardian, knows about The Spider. I can see Guy blabbing about it to everyone he knows... As for the former part, yes, that is very true. Interestingly, Fictional societies usually default to the laws and social mores of their writer's experience, unless they're making a point (Like Heinlein. Seriously, 'Stranger in a Strange Land'...o_O)

Yes, that would be a good start. Like being frank about your intentions outright at the start. I'll admit, Zatanna's little Love-fueled freakout back during the dragon fight was a vanishingly-rare example, but still.

Come on, OL. Just say it. Dancing around the issue like this is just confusing the lady. At this point, I would not be surprised if she thought he was concerned she was following Zatanna's example. Towards him.

:eek: Holy shit, a Lantern actually looking into gaining investigative skills on their own time? Amazing!

And this is where she remembers he can see desires. Like say, a handsome older colleague... :oops:

Also the fact you've more or less been set onto the junior team. A little thought would make it all too clear how he, and the other League members, sees you...

o_O Please don't pay attention to the culturally-proto-Yandere's suggestions. She's not the best judge of reasonable attraction...

Ah, business calls? Hopefully not too severe a case of Earth Bullshit.

Well, this'll take about two seconds to clean up. Seriously, Lanterns.

The biggest question is drunk or desperate to flee? Either one has potential for dumb choices behind the wheel...

Okay, that's a legitimate possibility. Especially if the part of town they started in hasn't the best record for response times. Or they can't afford an ambulance, a common problem to the best of my knowledge...

Very wrong indeed. Some manner of remote hacking allowing the car to be driven like a GTA player would?

It's her case, technically. You aren't on duty as Earth's Orange Lantern at the moment, if I remember right. In fact, aren't you kind of technically still on medical leave?

Curiouser and curiouser. Magic or technological cause? Runestone-scan time, OL?

So the car is, somehow, running through a preprogrammed course at dangerous speeds? Anyone able to peg that as within a DC character's abilities?

Such prosaic constructs for the lady. I suppose it's a mite bit more controllable than a Crumbler.

Definitely shows the driver wasn't responsible for this. If anything, it sounds like he's a victim in all this. Wonder if the cops will see it that way?

He must have a great policy to cover superheroic damage. Then again, he does live in Coast City, more or less recognised as 'The home of Green Lantern', as they proudly declare on their billboards..

Clean and professional. Not quite two seconds, but I doubt the whole thing took more than a minute or two.

:rolleyes: Moderating his language in consideration of the 'little girl' present, I see. Still, that's a strange course of events. Whatever was done to the car didn't kick in until it was running? Odd...

I should hope so. Still, interesting. The car was going a path travelled many times before? I wonder, would it have pulled into a coffee-shop drive-thru lane on the way? Would it have slowed down to do so, at that?

Strange... I mean, who usually has their car radio turned off? :D

Good of OL to make sure he's not late. Though I rather suspect his boss might be willing to let him have a sick day, once he hears what happens...

Well, a new episode begins. And we're back to OL, still recuperating on Earth, I see. And a very odd beginning to his day (Relatively speaking.) It'll be interesting to see what comes of it...

Lantern Rrab looks confused. "I've forced the lock but the door's still stuck."

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Before the Sheeda.

Prince Charon, Gilhelmi and Cuchulin like this.
  8. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

so she dealt with a big big low grade crisis Earth case before

this is gonna be her personal case

wonder what wack shit is gonna pop up

Prince Charon, Gilhelmi and Cuchulin like this.
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

We know Paul’s track record concerning relationships with teenage girls and romance is pretty shitty.

Hell why just the GLC?

I'm betting everyone knows that now.

Overly Sarcastic Productions did an excellent video on this.

Chojin, one day we may not be able to support you anymore if you keep going to Murphy.

We can't do that Chojin, we can't emotionally support you forever.

Please stop.

Or he just feels cursing is wrong and just had a momentary slip.

My dad, before we sold the car.

10. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, 'clear of the road' is a legitimate usage.
    Thank you, corrected.
    That won't happen because the edition I'm basing it on is before that became a thing.
    Thank you, corrected.

11. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Is the car secretly a Cybertronian? No, I'm sure that would show up on ring scans.

12. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

My best guesses are either we're looking at AIs that are starting to take over everything mechanical, or magic that's bringing inanimate objects to life.

13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think there was a robot in the comics that claimed it was the spirit of machines.

Kilg%ore I think was its name.

Cuchulin and Radiant Knight like this.
  14. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Is the Metal (the robotic/metallic equivalent to the Green and the Red) a New 52 thing or preceding that? Because if it's the latter, that's my current guess, even if it's more a fun idea than something plausible. Besides Swamp Thing's few appearances, there really hasn't been much done with the elemental Parliaments so far.

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The Metal is n52.

Cuchulin, DrThoth and DAT_NOOB like this.
  16. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

So... is this the guy with control of machines who is a supervillain who froze themselves ages ago knowing that in the future machines would be way more used that in his time?

Hint, he appears in an old live Action Flash Direct to Video movie.

Xmaster3000 and DAT_NOOB like this.
  17. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Meaning it's the likely culprit given Zoats love of the New 52 and its excellent storytelling!

18. Mr Zoat

I hope not, because I have no idea who that is.
    [​IMG]

19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I know it's probably not the Metal though given the title of this episode, Maladaptive, and what the Metal tried to do in the comics, try to take over after emerging if I remember correctly, it would make a pretty good fit.

It's probably Kilg%ore though.

To those of you who don't know much about this character, he was basically an alien artificial intelligence that came to Earth and started stealing energy.

Or a metahuman with technopathy as was shown in The Flash.

Or the Calculator is up to something.

Though the last one may not be so likely.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  20. Enochi

Enochi Having way to much fun with AI.

And we are back to the far less interesting Paul. Sigh.

21. Caerwen

Caerwen Know what you're doing yet?

You clearly have not read Stephen King's "christine"

Cuchulin likes this.
  22. Mr Zoat

Good news! I've remembered who it is.

Also, who killed Spacebattles?

23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I can't stop thinking about Professor Farnsworth now.

No clue.

Some sort of system crash maybe.

24. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

The Texas electrical grid!

Well not really but where ever it was they keep the server's they use lost power.
    Sufficient Velocity got Whacked as well.

Good thing Questing's servers are in another castle.

as for who is hijacking cars?

Probably that bastard Codpiece.

25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Oh yeah, there was a DC villain named Codpiece, who had a gun strapped to his crotch.

I think he was a Doom Patrol villain, which makes perfect sense, given the fact that they have such an illustrious rogues gallery that includes the likes of Beard Hunter.

Now hopefully he'll show up in season 3 of Doom Patrol.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  26. Mr Zoat

1d4chan's no Texas, is it? Because that went down a little while ago as well.

That has less of an impact on me.
    True.
    To be fair, one car at the moment.

27. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

It was out in VHS and the movie was terrible, so you are lucky.

Cuchulin likes this.
  28. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

The place that hosted the servers appears to have blown up.

Gotta hope things get back on track soon.

In regards to the episode/update I am not happy that we switched off Raúl this quickly...

29. Mr Zoat

I could write one more, but it's basically just him and Komand'r negotiating to use Zamaron as their wedding venue.

Is there much interest in that?

30. Vorian

Vorian Versed in the lewd.

I'm interested.