1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. LZB1285

LZB1285 Getting sticky.

Flight, Invinciblity, Super-Strength

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Not as yet.
    No.

If there were, he'd just have to avoid Gotham and he'd be fine.

3. Sojiko

Sojiko Getting sticky.

2 minutes later:
    Well, it's a good thing there was a chaperone with Paul.

Too late for that, it's already been uploaded by some bloke named "Mrzoat".

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  4. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Agreed! That Huntress is one of my fave DC characters.

Yup, those are very good reasons why Selina is better than Talia.

Doccer likes this.
  5. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

How smart is Detective Chimp in this story and does he have still have psychic powers plus invisibility.

Prince Charon, Doccer and Cuchulin like this.
  6. Sojiko

Sojiko Getting sticky.

That made me laugh out loud. :D

Doccer likes this.
  7. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

To be fair I am not very trusting of a Gotham Therapist.
    Never saw the show beyond some YouTube clips but if that show us the acceptable standard of Common Sense for the rest of the world, plus it minus for how other places are in relation to Gotham, then it still be interesting to see a Paul adapting to it.
    Which version of Huntress is that?

Cuchulin and Vorian like this.
  8. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Only once I saw it capitalized in this manner did I realize that our dear author's username is an anagram for "Mozart."

9. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

LOL wut? That's new.

10. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Not really.

Talia made an adult clone after Damien decided to be his father's son instead of his mother's, who killed Damien in 2013.

He's got better since then.

Old Knife, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  11. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

aka. 'The Flying Brick'

Doccer, RamiroGalletti and Cuchulin like this.
  12. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Most recent Helena Wayne version.

13. Ostentatiousnessness

Ostentatiousnessness First of his name, last of his kind

So it just occurred to me that when Paul recruits people into the OLC he asks them “What do you want/desire?”. This is extremely similar to Lucifer (at least in the tv show) when he uses his angel power to compel people to answer.

I wonder if Luci is going to hunt Paul down for use of his trademark?

Cuchulin likes this.
  14. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

He was sharing it with the ophidian. Also he's out of the game. Retired and running a night club.

Cuchulin likes this.
  15. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

To be fair her dad is super out of the picture and she had her views of him shattered by her sister.

Your complaints apply to Canon Talia, not the current one Bruce is married to... And let's be honest she is the only woman that is willy to Marry Batman with all his current baggage on his terms (Bruce being a mask, etc).

Now we can say having her enable batman and his tendencies isn't what Batman as a character needs, but it sure as fuck is a lot more interesting for the readers.

kerleth, Lord Ernest and Ngamer11 like this.
  16. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

I believe zoat has said that this version of Lucifer is past his nightclub running days

Cuchulin likes this.
  17. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Is that how he chose that username?

Cuchulin and kerleth like this.
  18. Mr Zoat

No.

19. Threadmarks: Future Tense (part 5)
    Mr Zoat

13th September 2012
    08:02 GMT -5

"Oh." Kara blinks, stepping back into her apartment. "Hey Paul. And-. Oh."

"Morning, Kara. This is-."

Dana waves. "Hey, I'm-."

Kara nods, a strained smile on her face. "Another Supergirl."

I grin. "I know. One more and I get a free one. I'm hoping for Cir-El."

Kara frowns. "But-? Cir-El isn't even a Kryptonian name. Do you know a Kryptonian with that name?"

"One of my parallel universe doppelgängers met her."

That's a great general excuse for knowing things that I shouldn't know, and I intend to use it for everything.

"Nice girl. Has an ongoing grudge against Brainiac, which is perfect for me."

"Okay. Ah, why are you here?"

"Someone just took a shot at her with a bullet that looked like it might have actually hurt her. And if it could hurt her then it might be able to hurt you and I wanted to check that you're not still using-."

"No, no, no I'm not. I've been getting more used to using my abilities, and… When I.. fought against the Sheeda, I… I think I found out why Kal does it."

"Wait, you weren't-" Dana frowns. "-a superhero?"

"No, I'm-. Look, do you want to come in?"

I nod. "Thank you."

She retreats into the kitchen, and Dana and I follow her. Dana's looking around more than I am; Kara hasn't changed much since I last visited but I suppose that from Dana's point of view this place is an important historical artefact.

"This isn't the right place."

Or possibly not.

"I thought you'd stopped worrying about that."

Kara retakes her position at the kitchen table and looks at me.

"Stopped worrying about what?"

"I'm from the future, and some people there want Paul to stop changing history."

"I didn't think you were changing history."

"You weren't supposed to get out of the asteroid yet."

She blinks, frowning at Dana. "Was I..? Supposed to die?"

"No! No, not die." Dana frowns. "Why would you die in a suspended animation pod?"

"Because it was heavily damaged and leaking while stuck in a kryptonite asteroid."

"It was?"

Kara looks at me. "Is this why you get annoyed when people from the future don't know who you are?"

"At least they've heard of you!"

"I've heard of both of you. And I.. don't actually think it matters that you got out a little early."

"'Don't actually think it matters'-. Do you know what that sort of kryptonite exposure can do to a kryptonian brain, to say nothing of starvation and oxygen deprivation?!"

"It didn't look like you had any problems in the videos I saw."

"The videos that survived the Reach occupation and the centuries it took to rebuild civilisation?"

"No, the videos that got recovered from Reach intelligence databases after the restoration. They wanted to know how kryptonian bodies worked, and there's only so much you can learn from-. Ah."

"From?"

"The Reach conquered the Earth. What do you think happened to the defenders?"

Kara regards Dana quizzically. "So in this future I got brain damaged and died? I think I prefer this timeline."

"It doesn't matter because it's not happening-."

"And why do none of the other Supergirls dress like Kryptonians?"

"Because none of them are actually from Krypton. Their first exposure to Kryptonian dress was Kal-El's costume."

She smiles wryly. "It's a little depressing to think that our lasting contribution to galactic culture will be Kal-El's pyjamas."

My eyes widen.

"No."

She looks at me. "Wait, you didn't know that?"

"It's not like he tells people. I thought the Ophidian and I were doing fashion a service by hiding his trunks."

Dana blinks. "That's-. I'm wearing kryptonian pyjamas?"

"That's more a.. swimsuit. And that's not what the House El sigil looks like."

"Maybe it is when someone with-" Dana puts her hands to her breasts and presses slightly. "-my figure wears it."

"I can do spatial warp calculations in my head. I accounted for your mammographic topography; it's still wrong."

"Ladies, you're both very pretty. If we could return to the assassination?"

"Are you sure they weren't aiming for you?"

Dana nods. "That's what I said."

"The round pierced the force field but not my construct barrier. Anyone aiming at a Lantern would either have a way to get through their construct defences or use overwhelming force. Kryptonians don’t usually wear exotic shields but do have innate organic force fields."

"A round? Was it supersonic?"

"No."

"Then I can just catch it or dodge?"

"It didn’t make significant noise until it hit the shield, so you might not hear it in time."

"I can hear things humans can't." She closes her eyes for a moment and shakes her head. "What would you like me to do?"

"Stay off the streets as much as possible and wear a protective ward. A shielding ward, rather than an anti-magic ward. Something that people on the surface don’t know how to bypass yet. Dana and I are going to investigate, but I'd like to know that you're safe."

"I can do that." She regards Dana for a moment. "So what was the dead future me supposed to have done?"

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Not really.

That was more the TV show version rather than the comic version which Zoat is likely yo use, so he may not care.

Granted his nightclub running days weren't that long in the comics.

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I bet she's thinking "Where do they keep coming from!?"

Ohh, crap.

If I remember correctly she was in Tangseids universe, so either Paul didn't know what that bastard was doing and let him go or he figured out and still let him go.

Or maybe some other version also met her.

Well this could be an indication that she'll engage in superheroics more often instead of just for big events.

'worrying'

Though only Kara is a historical character.

We do, we saw it with your renegade self.

Dead or imprisoned for experimentation.

We do too.

Nazi Robot Brain Supergirl is not something a lot of us would enjoy.

Because most of them aren't Kryptonians.

Don't forget a legacy of heroics that will inspire thousands in the future.

And I thought that his costume may be actual Kryptonian clothing.

Let's admit it, people from Earth have worn things that were equally ridiculous or even more ridiculous than that.

Also in Life Ore Death there was an explanation for why he was wearing those.

I think it has something to do with blood flow and potential erections.

Batman of course thought that he dressed like that so that people would be too busy making fun of him to pay attention to the fact that he's a super powerful being that can kill them from miles away.

22. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Seriously.
    I question if he even knows.
    So they Necro'd her body?
    She runs precise calculations of boobs. This pleases me.
    Is she in any way at all related to Issei? Because he would love her.

23. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I don't remember Cir-El being mentioned in Tangseid's story parts. Is there a link to this?

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Unfortunately.

25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat the link for Sauntering Downwards part 1 isn't working, it takes you to the page after the actual chapter.

Doccer, Cuchulin and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  26. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Checking straight in on Supergirl Classic. Smart move.She's probably the least at risk for the most part, though. Loriel (You know, Diet Supergirl?) might not be as tough, even with Angelic resilience, and Angelika (New Supergirl?) is only technically half-kryptonian... Hmm. Would that make Dana Supergirl Zero, if I stretch the Coca-Cola comparison?

Heh, she must not be fully awake yet, if she hasn't mentioned what Dana's wearing. It is Eight in the morning for her, after all... Then again, Kryptonian. I doubt she needs that much sleep.

HA! Imagine if all five of them teamed up. Super Girl Power!

Ooh, good excuse for his metaknowledge. And given the sheer spread of them, it's likely true. :( Even if it is Tangseid...

I suppose that's at least two good things came of the whole affair. The other being the Anti-Green Ring Paul getting free of its control and gaining a Gold Power Ring.

Though that's a guess, to be sure. Still, better safe than sorry (and likely flattened by an enraged Superman.)

I know, it sounds so bizarre, doesn't it? Someone with powers who doesn't immediately go out to rob a bank, or fight someone who is? :p

Well, not for Dana personally. I suspect a few of the Legionnaires might feel that way. Near-religious respect for the Super-family and all that. ...What, why did you think they so often recruit their 'local' Superboy and Supergirl? :p

What, do you think she should be living at the Fortress of Solitude, Dana? Sounds a bit lonely to me.

Hopefully her breakfast hasn't gone off yet. Though in the case of toast, she could easily reheat it... Carefully. As much as I like my toast dark, not everyone likes it that burnt. :D

...Hmm. A sudden thought occurs to me. Someone took a shot at someone dressed like a Supergirl, right? What if someone's got a narc on for all the Supergirls? Could be an interesting angle... Not sure how likely it is to be true, but hey.

Because, after all, the pod's systems were damaged. We've already seen how the Renegade's came out, given longer exposure...

To be frank, it was lucky that Kon wanted to see Krypton... :)confused: I think that's why OL went to the Rao system, at least... It has been a while.)

Know his pain, Dana. :V Muhahahahahahahaaaa!

Well, good to see she's able to be sensible about her gaffes.

:confused: ...And what videos would these be?

Were some of these videos recordings of vivisections? Because... Just Ew....

And even if that happened decades from now (because standard Reach procedures,) the Kryptonians would still be around. Longevity for the win.

Not if OL has anything to say in the matter, certainly.

Oh? Do tell, just how bad a fashion disaster is Superman's costume?

Focus, OL, x3 ho-hold b-hahha-ck the... Pffft! :V Bwahahahaaaa! Oh god, really?

Oh, my god... :eek: Is this Superman really running around in his pee-jays? With a blanket tucked into the neck? How did Lor-Zod or Kara not tell him?

No, honey, that's something else entirely.

There's stretching, honey, and then there's 'Golden Girl'-levels of distortion. (And yes, her logo is meant to be a circle. She began as a near-parody of DC's Stephanie Brown's ever-growing cup size with a side-order of universally-enforced Comics Code Genre-blindess.)

And to be fair, the El symbol has changed many times over the years of Superman's publication. Every artist loves to put their own spin on it, or homage a classic design...

To be fair, it's not an unreasonable hypothesis. Perhaps the Light wanted to test his durability and field-test an anti-Lantern munition at the same time?

Given there was no sign of it until it hit the shield... It may well have had some kind of stealth field.

I say again: Stealth Field. Maybe some kind of enchantment.

And what did she wear? ...What? :rolleyes: Kara is a young woman, I'm sure she'd like pointers for what not to wear if she actually takes up her cousin's career.

Good thinking, to check around on the other Supergirls. Can we expect to see him look in on Loriel and Angelika, then? If someone has gone after them, I suspect Batman will find out soon enough. At any rate, I assume the Legion will be trying to make face-to-face contact at some point too. I doubt they'd take someone shooting at one of their own nicely, after all.

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Now I can't help but imagine all the variants getting together and Tangseid getting his hand bitten off by a version that became an alligator.

Well all historical records about her probably show her as being a full time superhero, so it makes sense she'd think that.

After watching the cartoon I'm pretty sure Brainiac 5 is in love with Kal-El.

Crazy stalker.

Though if they did fix her up I'm betting they'll use something other than a Nazi robot.

Pretty sure that's why they went.

Like my post above says, Earth has had plenty of stupid costumes worn by powerful people.

Hmm, seeing the whole thing of the Free Lancers selling supervillain tech it's possible they're getting it from the Light.

Once more as my post above said the fact that he's wearing such a ridiculous costume can make people underestimate him, such as enemies or ordinary people who may be too busy finding it funny to really let it sink in that he's an incredibly powerful being that can reduce them to ash with ease.

28. Coltsguy

Coltsguy Colts fan. Anime fan. Breast and back fan.

I wish someone turned Siri into a flesh and blood kryptonion. Then we would finally have the name we've waited for: Siri-El.

29. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

They went to where Krypton was, found an AI in either a planet near it or a moon, and that AI tracked the trajectory of both Kal-El and Kara Zor-El's ships.

Cuchulin, Alexandercctv, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  30. AmericanNumbers

AmericanNumbers Not too sore, are you?

Lol. Nice job making allusions to canon Supergirl being brain damaged.
    (Which fits with Renegade's Kara ZorEl being actually brain damaged).