1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

If it's not something that came naturally to him before then wouldn't he need some kinda prompting to even learn he can do that?
    With Renegade Gravyn mentioned he was taking notes from Justice Lord's Supergirl for his Earth 16.

Chaoswind likes this.
  2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Yes. He's been getting lessons with Angelika. It was on screen once and has been referenced at least a couple of times.

3. webxro

webxro Benevolent Bystander

I wonder how much would Lex enjoy a vid of a Superman getting beaten up ? Or maybe two superman being the crap out of each other ?

Doccer and Cuchulin like this.
  4. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

You'd have to go to the NSFW section to find out.

Cuchulin, Doccer and Vorian like this.
  5. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Also he's many dimensions away from all his dimension specific failsafes.

Cuchulin likes this.
  6. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Couldn't The Ophidan do something about that? He didn't mention being cut off from her like he did on New Cronus.

Cuchulin likes this.
  7. Michael Vonica

Michael Vonica Know what you're doing yet?

You can't tell me that Paul would ever allow himself to be stuck in hell. He might be reduced to nothing but a smol greed snake, but he would bite his way into gaining a demon army of his own, which he would then use to force open the gates of hell, before finding a method of acquiring a new body, etc.

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Not unless he can't summon her from another universe.

And the native Ophidian may be incapable of helping him or she may not even want to do it.

Not necessarily.

When paragon was a snake in Heaven he managed to mind control that one Angel, but that was mainly because the Angel was not expecting an attack and may have lacked a way to resist mind control.

In Hell demons are far more likely to expect an attack and may have a resistance to mind control, due to it probably being used a lot compared to Heaven.

9. Threadmarks: Past Participant (part 16)
    Mr Zoat

16th September 2012
    19:46 GMT

Zandia. A small volcanic island which grew out of the Tyrrhenian sea, and… Somehow it never became part of any other country. It looks like whatever spell their magicians used to throw avian soldiers at us was strictly one way; while those who were still in possession of functioning wings tried to keep up with us during our flight over Asia and Europe, they couldn't manage it.

Compared to the cities of China, Europe appears to have been less affected. The cities have still been bombarded, probably from orbit, but I can't see the same mass infrastructure damage… Not everywhere, anyway. Of… Course, given what I remember about Hellblazer that could be because they've got 'Friends on the Other Side' and so came to terms with their new overlord.

I've never been to Zandia before. It was sheltered enough not to need additional protection when Ocean Master sent Oceanus on the rampage, has next to no crime and no real resources other than good soil. Not a bad place to sit out the fall of civilisation, but an odd place to make a stand against a superhuman.

Superman glances at Overman. "You've never been here either?"

"No. I have flown over it, but Hitler was minded to leave it alone during the war. I was introduced to their ruler at a diplomatic reception, but I have met a great many people."

Angelika drifts closer to them.

"What was the Demon Superman saying to you?"

Overman gives his head a small shake. "Nothing to worry about, Overgirl. Just an evil man building a throne of his inadequacies."

Superman doesn't appear to share that view.

"He told us everything he destroyed and why. All the… Petty things he decided meant that it was okay to murder people."

Overman nods. "He also listed some of the people he killed and why he thought that his life was better without them. It meant less to me as our lives are too divergent. I assume that 'Lois Lane' is someone you know well?"

Superman nods, though Overman just frowns.

"I do not understand how a version of us could have become like that."

It doesn't seem to feel right to Angelika either. "Perhaps his mind is being controlled?"

"By who? Anyone who was deliberately causing.. this, would have emerged to take control by now."

"Could his mind be altered?"

I look at Superman and Overman as we come into land.

"I don't know. Could it?"

Superman shakes his head. "Maybe. I've taken precautions, all the League have. J'onn.. and Overgirl, have been very helpful. But I can't promise that there's nothing that could get through. And I can't promise that this Superman had the same caution. God knows I could be overconfident when I started out."

He turns his head, looking to the horizon where the ash cloud around Mount Vesuvius marks its location in the sky.

"I'd hate to do something like this because someone forced me."

"Sirs and lady?" A woman in a face-obscuring red robe walks slowly out of a nearby house. Scans say that there are no other living people in this part of the island. "Our leaders have sent me to talk with you."

Superman steps forward. "You know that I'm not the monster sitting in Metropolis."

"Of course you're not, though I suggest changing your shirt. Wearing that symbol tends to provoke a… Response."

That realisation hits him hard. "I, ah, didn't-."

I take a thick woolly jumper out of subspace and float it over to him. He looks at it, shrugs, then takes off his shirt and cape and holds them out to me. I subspace them as he puts on the jumper.

"What happened?"

The woman spreads her arms slightly. "A great many things. Only yesterday three new chicks were hatched in the farm of Paolo Ricci-."

"Superman going crazy. Assuming that he wasn't always like that."

"Far from it. He was a great warrior hero, the most favoured son of the City of Metropolis. I'm afraid that I don't know why he changed; I was here on Zandia when the explosions started."

"Had there been anything in the news? Was your Justice League fighting anyone in particular?"

"We're not exactly first with the international news here. I think there was something about a giant alien..?"

Superman shrugs. "That doesn't narrow it down too much. But why has he left your people alone?"

"We have nothing that he wants, and have done nothing that he finds particularly offensive. We know that there is nothing we could do to harm him. All that we can do is await the return of our Lord and Saviour, and pray that He does the needful."

"And other people?"

"We keep in contact with other settlements through the Church, but with inter-continental travel difficult and radio waves distorted, getting timely reports is extremely difficult. If Superman -our Superman- decided to destroy a city, we would probably see the smoke before we received a report."

Angelika looks at her curiously. "Where did the bird people come from?"

"They are from Greenland. Superman melted it for reasons known only to himself, and a portion of the population were able to escape. They would much rather fight him directly, but, well…"

"No kryptonite?"

"Removing all of the world's kryptonite was one of the first things he did. After burning cities lost its appeal."

"What about his… Thralls?"

She shrugs.

"Dangerous and deranged, but for the most part it is like they are not aware that a world exists outside of America."

Superman looks out to sea, to the coast of Italy. "When did this happen?"

"Nearly two years ago, now. I understand that the starvation was worst in the first year; we're fairly self-sufficient here. Would you mind if I asked a question of you?"

"Not at all." Superman shakes his head, looking… Noticeably less imposing in a jumper. He'll have to change back before we return home. "What do you want to know?"

"Where are you from?"

"An alternate Earth where this never happened. We'd like to help in any way we can."

"We would-" Overman glances at Superman. "-also like to know if you have heard of anyone on this Earth attempting to travel to other universes as well."

"Travelling to other universes?" She sounds amused as she shakes her head. "Most universities have been destroyed. Places with advanced technology… Anyone with that knowledge is dead or in hiding. People have all the motivation they could want to leave, they just don't have the ability."

Why would Truggs come here? Somewhere like this would irritate him even more than Earth 16. Brilliant people who could have revolutionised the world either killed or put in an environment where all they can do is scrub out a subsistence existence. Their work-.

Their work.

We're in a parallel universe.

"I think I might know what Truggs was doing."

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  10. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Stealing tech he can't make himself is my guess. For all that he styles himself as someone who will help humanity leap forward, he's really just a thief with delusions of grandeur.

11. Bud-E

Wait Superman's costume isn't a one-piece suit?

12. crazygrox

crazygrox Versed in the lewd.

He put together a list of all the people he wanted who were too crazy or stubborn or moralistic to normally be willing to work with him, then tracked them down to induce a trans-dimensional brain drain, setting demon Superman on Nazi Earth as the fall guy for people escaping in the process.
    Just in case because of the slight risk that Demon Superman would retaliate.

Now he has a cross section of impressive people on a list of tech geniuses, and possibly magic users, and possibly superhumans who didn't think they could take superman and were hiding instead, and possibly (former)owners of unique items, who took the deal and are working for him(briefly for the unique item holders, as he just takes stuff in exchange for passage).

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    Tyrantviewer, w34v3r, Vorian and 18 others like this.
  13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Maybe 'tried to keep up with us'

The Caligula Club may have actually been useful.

'flown'

'that life'

I'm assuming a certain Alexander was listed in that statement.

Or someone altered it.

Or they may not be the type to do that and prefer to be a shadow ruler, or they can't come out.

'holds'

Maybe 'does help the needful'

And the ones that may have had the ability could have long ago left the universe when they realized what was happening.

So like Ngamer11 said, he could be here to steal.

Or he may be there to recruit some of those brilliant people.

If he rescued them then they'll probably be loyal for life.

I'm also assuming that he most likely screwed up and that's why the demons can now travel to other universes.

0zymandias, zeebza, Cuchulin and 8 others like this.
  14. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Wig: snatched.

Reality: shattered.

Hotel: Trivago

15. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

The Earth 12 superman from the DCAU kept a few spare uniforms in javelins iirc, there was a clip of him changing after he got zapped with magic, which did manage to ruin the S shield on it.

Makes sense seeing as he's had is suit ripped and burned in doomsday's rematch with him, and other times. I think he lost one to time travel, but got a heck of a beard out of the deal.

16. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Zandia, home of the Church of Blood, and its master, Brother Blood. There's someone I could see playing nice with a demonic Superman, if only out of professional courtesy. Simply biding his time until he could stab him in the back...

Which makes me wonder what became of Themyscira here. Especially since Diana is one of Demon-Superman's thralls...

I'll bet there was something of a backroom deal going on there, with the previous Brother Blood... The Church tended to have its crimson fingers in a lot of pies...

Boasting of his power, and how he'll corrupt them too, I'll warrant... Nothing either of them would take seriously...

Ah, when a Superman decides to stop holding back, because of the whole 'world of cardboard' thing... I'll bet his first serious stop was breaking the Justice league, who would have been able to stop him.

If I remember right, Jimmy Olsen and Lex Luthor would have also placed high on that list... Why Jimmy? :sneaky: Well, can you imagine the screeching of that signal watch, given all the trouble Jimmy got into over the years? A Superman who's cast off his moral restraints... Jimmy would be a smear on the Metropolis pavement inside five minutes.

She's closer to the truth than they think... But it's not the mind alone...

There are ways. Not even magical ones, as the comics have shown many times. New God technology (one time which almost saw him bedding Big Barda!) Poison Ivy's pheromonal tricks...

'Could be'? :V You think? More than a few Superman variants don't even bother learning martial arts, unless they get depowered...

Well, be prepared, like the 'big blue boy scout' people think you are, and maybe it'll never happen.

Well, for one thing, she's still alive. I suspect Demon Superman would have had his fun with her and left her for dead before she'd even finished speaking...

Oof. Like, say, walking through downtown Jerusalem wearing a Swastika shirt... :confused:

Pity you can't make him change his pants too... But this alone might be pushing it. And yes, historically the costume has been a two-piece deal, outside of the movies or New 52 Supes' Kryptonian Armour sentai-suit thing. He's just real good at tucking in his top, I guess. :p

;) That was your own fault, OL, asking such an open-ended question like that...

At the time? A somewhat fractured team of B- and C-listers was still working out their place in the world while the big names took a break, I think?

True, there are many 'giant aliens' who seem to end up fighting the League. Even when it's not a full-on global crisis like Mageddon... Makes for an easy cold open to the real meat of an issue's story, after all.

That Lord and Saviour? Maybe Trigon. At least, the Brother Blood of the time was often interested in Raven for one reason or another...

Not exactly local fare, after all.

As if he'd leave anything people could use against him in the wild? It'll make using kryptonite-radiation weaponry against him iffy if OL can't get a chunk of the local stuff to dial them in...

Outside of those with major powers, like Captain Marvel, the Flash or the like, I doubt a lot of them are much threat...

No doubt a 'cult of Superman' is flourishing there, with the whole 'Mark' thing.

I bet most of the first-world nations are struggling, though... Even as depopulated as they are, there's only so much farmable land left, and only so many with the skills to manage it...

I don't know, OL. He's still six foot plus, and easily 250 pounds of muscle. You don't realise how tall that is until it's looming over you with an upset look on their face...

Asking the important questions, eh? Though I doubt she'll have any knowledge of that sort of thing out here...

:eek: Oh, for... It's just like the divided world event...

...He was pulling a heist. Complete with a ploy to throw the pursuit off his trail...

It seems likely Truggs was there to steal technology... All those dead or fled hypercognitives, their creations abandoned... Easy prey for someone with the ability to hop timelines or transfer between universes... Though coming here seems like one hell of a risk. Whatever he might have taken must have been real valuable if he felt this was necessary...

17. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Man... Paragon is really going to hate Truggs after this... Cause he's again made him look like an idiot...

Cuchulin likes this.
  18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It was either completely destroyed or made to be like the rest of Earth.

Unless the divine protections helped them.

Now I'm reminded of that scene in Invinciblw where Omni Man kills that universes version of the League.

To be fair, he is so strong that a fancy fighting style isn't really necessary most of the time.

At least he apparently stopped wearing the underpants.

Say what you will about the n52, the costume that version wore was pretty cool.

Unless he wanted to give them a sense of hope that he can later crush.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    Cuchulin, Ardy, Wheenesss and 3 others like this.
  19. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

I didn't know nuffin about Zandia until now, but it's clear that there's some kind of perception filter on it. Everybody seems to know that it exists but not see any reason to ever go there.
    Not OL, not Demon superman, and not even the nazis.

Vorian, Ardy and kyomei93 like this.
  20. Mr Zoat

I can't find the video right now, but there's a scene in Justice League Animated where he fights a sea monster which tears through his shirt. When he gets a moment in the javelin he takes it off and puts on a new one.
    Thank you, corrected.
    No, that's correct.

mastermenthe, Ardy, Wheenesss and 3 others like this.
  21. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Truggs was yoinking people with job offers of living in Notshitholistan.

Doccer, Vorian, Vaermina and 5 others like this.
  22. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

Counterpoint: Truggs, for all his posturing, is a supervillain. The single defining feature of a supervillain, the thing that separates them from regular criminals and terrorists, is that they're the kind of bugfuck crazy who think that doing things like training butterflies to be racist, murdering a hero's family to make them snap, or stealing from Demon Superman World is a good idea.

23. Hell's Razer

Hell's Razer Passive Member

A correction:
    Repetition

24. Sojiko

Sojiko Getting sticky.

I don't have much to comment on in the most recent posts, so here's something I found exceptionally excellent from a while ago, during the Belle Reve breakout at New Year's Eve.
    I love how he remains polite and respectful while fulfilling his end of the deal ... while completely negating any enjoyment Deadshot could have gotten out of it had he not be an arse about things. He was disrespecting them and wasting their time in petty ways, so Paul made sure to include the petty gesture of leaving good beer just out of reach after incapacitating him.

25. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

26. Bud-E

I'm pretty sure he still wears those. I remember it being mentioned Batman gave him a pair of indestructible underwater as a gift.

27. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

So some black people did survive?

Bud-E likes this.
  28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Overgirl mentioned that black people from Europe were exiled, and the same may be true of black people from America, so those statements of there not being any black people could just mean that there aren't any in Europe or America.

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  29. Mr Zoat

I think that's just the lighting. I mean, her genetic heritage is almost entirely Italian.

30. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Which means... Truggs was once more doing good...

Cuchulin likes this.