1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Obviously the name for a group of Supergirls is a plethora.

2. Istaran

Istaran Know what you're doing yet?

And with a slightly different pitch you can do the opposite and create Deadpool!

Cuchulin likes this.
  3. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Mr Zoat, if Crimson Avenger II is going after those responsible for unjust deaths and has already gone after superheroes, does that mean she's also already killed some supervillains? I ask because Pamela Isley would be an easy target now that she's got a stable but weaker connection to the Green. I'm also asking this because I want to see what she's up to nowadays and what abilities she has after eating a fruit given to her by Swamp Thing. The last thing I remember is that she helped develop a non-lethal poison that was used in the training scenario Paul helped set up for the Justice League in Episode 91: Bended.

Also, random question. How did Kahndaq fare against the Sheeda? I don't remember anything about how well or badly that country took them on, or what Adom thinks about it. Did he at least talk with his trusted friend Paul afterwards about ways to improve his country's defenses against invasions like that in the future?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    Prince Charon, DrThoth and Cuchulin like this.
  4. Massgamer

Massgamer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Huh, pragmatic but still a little concerning. All it takes is one bad egg to ruin rep of group after all.
    Awesome!

With purple healing rays and magical healing being a thing the worst medical issues will likely be genetic diseases, cancers, and such that body can't really heal from naturally. Of course, if causal genetic engineering becomes a thing that would handle most of those too.

5. Threadmarks: Vantavendi (part 11)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

20th October 2012
    21:34 GMT -5

"That was so disappointing!"

I raise my left eyebrow at New Kara, and give her a moment to finish her thought. She's clearly frustrated about something, but it's really not obvious to me what it is.

"We've been here nearly two hours and we haven't been attacked by a single supervillain!"

"Yes. Lenny and Mister Rathaway are reformed. Mister McCulloch is considering grey hat work. Digger's probably still recovering from last night's drinking. Mister Giuseppe found out that military contracts pay far better than robberies. Central City is pretty stable these days."

She snorts, glaring down at the city as if it has personally offended her.

"If you want somewhere less stable, there's a whole list of cities that could benefit from having a superhero as powerful as you look after them."

"Aqualad wants us here, so here is where we stay! We're staying here until we crack this!"

She looks at me expectantly.

"What? The only other person I know who's part of the Alliance is Marcus Aelius. Honestly, I think our time would be better served by mapping-."

BOOM!

Kara and I both look in the direction of the explosion as glass flies across the street and a plume of fire erupts into-

And she's gone.

-the sky. I transition into a better observation spot, looking down at the street where six people with various injuries are either lying on the ground or seeking cover. I connect filaments to each of them, moving them away from the site-

Kara flies into the hole in the building and them rebounds back out with tremendous force! She flies across the street, through a parked car, through the wall behind it and into the building's interior.

-of the blast before extracting the glass and playing a purple healing ray over them.

"More haste less speed, Kara!"

She pulls herself out of the building, patting brick dust off her costume. "More speed, got it! Just like the Flash!"

"That's not what I-."

She dives in again, maybe a little bit faster, I can't really tell. And right out again, hitting the bonnet end half of the car she hit last time and taking it with her through the wall behind it.

At least it's only one insurance claim.

Alright, one for the car and one for the building, but if she'd been a little to the left-.

And she's back again, this time carrying the broken half-Renault.

"Same speed, more mass!"

I shake my head. No one appears to be in danger, apart from possibly Kara, and that's only from herself. But perhaps I should-

"Oooof!"

Crash mat construct!

-put up a kinetic barrier just to keep the property damage down.

The closest of the civilians gets up as he checks himself over, then watches Kara rebound for the third time. Kinetic barrier works, and there's an odd expression on her face as she gets stopped dead in the air, arms and legs spread-eagled across the barrier's surface.

"Did she hit her head or something?"

"We can only speculate. Sir, if you aren't still injured, please retreat to a safe distance while we deal with this."

"No, no, I'm good." He takes a step away. "Ah, thanks-. Oh, you're the cake guy!"

"For my sins." Abandoning her car chunks, Kara shoots up into the air. "Sir, I really think it would be a good idea if you got out of the potential blast zone."

"Ah, right. I'll do that." He backs up a couple of steps, then pulls out his mobile phone. "Should I call the police?"

"After you're out of the way, yes, thank you."

A red blur f-. Flashes down the street, heading into the building before being knocked back. It recovers, then dashes through a wall in one of the neighbouring buildings. I suppose that Mister Allen is-.

Another blur approaches, this one a little slower. As it reaches me Mister Garrick precipitates out, looking at me in mild irritation.

"I've got a bone to pick with you."

"If you're out and about in costume, I'm more worried about what Joan will say than what you will."

He shakes his head. "Oh no. She knows I'm out. I can't let-"

There's a bang and a yelp from inside the building.

"-that out of my sight."

"Did something happen to Flash-"

The red blur reappears and stops.

"-Two?"

"Vhere do you vant these two, vater?"

I hadn't realised how much her costume is an evolution of Jay's rather than it's own thing like Mr. Allen's is. Red shirt with logo, blue trousers and metal helmet with lightning bolts. Coal scuttle design rather than Brodie helmet, but the whole thing is one big visual link. And best of all, not one swastika.

"Blitzen-. Fath-er?"

Jay's face tightens as Blitzen smiles.

"Jah! The scientists did not have the speed formula, so they had to verk with Herr Jay Garrick's preserved tissue. Several decades later, unt here I am." She looks at the man in her left arm. "This one has skin made of playing cards. This is very strange to me. Unt this one-" She shakes the man with fragments of armour still strapped to him. "-appears to be the vort I am not meant to use on this Earth. He is lucky he is blowing up buildings here, jah?"

"Blitzen. How did you get here?"

"Overgirl vants to convince me to adopt a more li-ber-al outlook by showing me a vorld of degenerates. Honestly, I thought such a vorld vould be more fun than this. More parties, you know? So far it has just been a… Ah, Englisch… 'Busman's holiday'."

"I'll…" I attach constructs to both of her prisoners. "Take those for you."

"Ah, vot a gentleman. No injured inside, though there is a lot of damage and I do not know what they were doink."

"I'm sure that the police can look into it. If we-"

"Supergirl away!"

"-passohno."

I look up as a blue blur slams into the-

The ground shakes with the force of her impact.

-ground.

"Jay, could you please look after these gentlemen while I check on Kara?"

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  6. Mr Zoat

Dr. Isley is actually a bit of a hard target at the moment. She's surrounded by super strong people and a plant demigoddess, and her connection to the Green is as strong as it ever was.
    Not great, not terrible. Adom and family could locate and fight the Sheeda far more easily than people in most places.

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'We've been'

Or something.

This will never get old.

Ohh....ohhh....ohhh shit.

8. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

That should say 'mild'.

That explains why Jay is peeved with Paul. Are there any other New Reichsmen running around? And will this lead to big problems down the line?

New Kara really needs to learn caution before she makes a mistake she can't make up for.

I didn't know she's in whatever used to be Brazil. How is her standing in that country? Do the locals think she's a demigod or something?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  9. HeroineRule34Guy

HeroineRule34Guy Know what you're doing yet?

Valerie Kameya is a public hero in this universe, right? How does she feel about a Nazi running around with her superhero name?

10. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    High Priestess/Archdruid.
    She probably doesn't know.

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think she's married to that Danner enhanced German lady.

And she may be a bit okay with this.

She probably spent several months with Angelika and may think that it's important for one more Earth 10 native to become less of a Nazi.

12. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

And unfortunately, with someone this temperamental, boredom often leads to excitement... Well, exciting for her, more dangerous for everybody else. Probably a good idea to have OL running herd on her for now. Who knows what trouble she'd get into?

Well, there's always new Rogues coming up and going down. Usually without a lot of the sense and scruples the originals did. Like the outlook on collateral damage and especially casualties.

...I hear Blüdhaven's looking lively this time of year. Putting the fear of El into the locals might make it slightly less shitty.. for a day or two.

...What, do you expect him to whistle up a super-criminal for you?

...Thank you, narrative convenience. :rolleyes:

Right, possibly-Pre-crisis Kryptonian. As in, faster than time. Too bad she's not used to thinking before she moves.

Huh. Guessing either super-strong guy inside, or some manner of kinetic-energy repulsion effect.

...She is up to speed on Earth idioms, and their meanings, right?

:rolleyes: Goddamit, Kara. this is why your Superman had you in an orphanage for years while you got used to your powers...

'Act of cape' policy costing extra, alas.

No, Kara! Bad! Don't you know that if you're strong enough to lift the car, you hit harder than it would?

...Just... Let her tire herself out a little, then take the smart approach.

...Seriously, girl. :confused: How many times do you need to get bounced to realise it isn't working?

Alas, I suspect her variety of kryptonians where too tough even without yellow sunlight to really suffer that kind of damage... No matter how many times she might have been dropped as a child.

Hey, if his phone is okay, he can film this and put it on their equivalent of Youtube and make bank on views.

Save the filming for when you aren't likely to become part of the action, yeah.

Damn, OL, really going with the cliches this episode... Then again, never would such a term be more appropriate than in this city. :D

Which one? I'm sure there's lots of things to discuss. Like, say, the Crimson Avenger possibly targetting him? Rag Doll I, remember?

Well, that's good. Don't want to worry the missus at her age.

...So, that's not Barry? Oh, dear.

...Wait, is he still on sabbatical or not?

...Ah, right. Earth-10's counterpart.

It's definitely flattering, certainly. I'm sure she has many admirers back on Earth-10.

Ah, a couple of b-grade Rogues. I wonder what they were up to, hmm?

Heh. Still worrying that they have relatively casual transit between their Earths. Let's hope some of the hardliners on Earth-10 aren't looking for new enemies...

Nothing good, probably. I mean, what did the building they were in used to be? Given that it's probably fit to be demolished now?

Whoops, she's still here?

...I get the feeling even she didn't know what she was planning with that little display...

And here, I picture her legs sticking out of a hole in the pavement, just.. pointing straight. It's like the girl thinks the world works on cartoon logic...

Man, I think OL is going to get sick of keeping Kara out of trouble before long. The girl is too enthusiastic for her own good. Or the rest of the world's good. She probably did more damage than the two wanna-be Rogues in a couple of minutes there. On the upside, OL can fix it up, but still... Girl needs to learn restraint, before she learns about Worlds of Cardboard the messy way.

13. Osiris

Osiris Getting sticky.

Its odd that members of the public still think of Paul as "the cake man" instead of "The first man in recorded history to earn an open death warrant from the hosts of heaven"

14. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

What? So now Nazis can just visit?! What the heck?Somebody should look into that.

We still don't know what's the general aftermath of things on Hell Earth. And what happened with the anti-parallel barrier technology? Somebody should turn that back on.

And New Kara needs a fucking leash already. That girl is a menace. What if somebody was in the car? Or behind that wall? Or if her ground impact damaged something and the city has an underground sub system and she Invincible'd the place, huh?

15. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I think people would rather think of Paul as the guy they can laugh at than the superhero who's also killed more people than both world wars combined.

16. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

There are politicians in our world, that I won't name, that people think of as the one who shat themselves at a maccas, rather than some of the bad things that resulted of their decisions.

So, it happens.

17. webxro

webxro Benevolent Bystander

I wonder if New Kara isn't 4th wall aware. Because that would explain some things about her actions, she thinks the world is a comic book so she acts like in a comic book and expects the narrative to carry it on.

18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Maybe she got approval from the League to visit.

They'll probably be perfectly happy with a person becoming less Nazi.

Michael Holt is probably repairing the planet.

It may be turned on right now but some people may be allowed to visit.

Ehh, he hasn't killed more people than both World Wars, but he has killed a lot of people.

ChestBurster, zeebza, Bud-E and 3 others like this.
  19. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

I find this less funny and more worrisome.
    Maybe try making her work at a minimum wage job to pay back any costs the bystanders incurred from her being an enthusiastic doofus who isn't even attempting to minimize the collateral damage or assess the situation first?

20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hmm, now I can't help but imagine some of the myths about God's name being El were due to a Kryptonian visiting Earth.

Paul dies have a lit of connections.

One if them must be some kind of freak that likes getting beaten up by superheroes.

Now I can't stop imagining that TFS Cooler episode where he keeps punching Vegeta.

Given her powers, it may take centuries foe her to tire.

If it didn't work the first time it just means you haven't been trying hard enough.

It kinda does.

At least from time to time.

21. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

... even demonic!Supergirl has been less trouble than New Kara. This is getting ludicrous.

I suggesting either figuring out how to send her back to her own universe immediately after the current crisis, or sticking her under some red sun lamps for a week or three.
    I've already made my comparison of her to the Heterodyne Boys previously. Still unsure if she's really just used to a "Nothing truly bad ever happens to/because of good people!" or playing a long... very annoying... con.

22. Mr Zoat

It's less terrifying.

Also, people understood the resolution of that whole mess as something like 'angels made a mistake as a result of demon trickery'.
    I don't know. That's only about ninety million. You don't have to bombard many planets to hit that total.
    You really want to take that risk?

23. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I suppose the Justice League doesn't want to advertise the fact that angels can still fall and that some can be well meaning but condescending?

24. goricnac

goricnac I trust you know where the happy button is?

So Jay is now busy trying to reform his Nazi clone daughter from another earth, who seems to have a personality that is a mix of canon Kid Flash jokyness with the military discipline of Aqualad... yeah I'd be annoyed with Paul as well.

25. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

At some point, I hope Earth 10 becomes the victim of a threat that's basically what the Nazis did in the war. My idea is for Eradicators to come out of nowhere and see that Kryptonian technology is being used by "lesser beings". They would then decide to eradicate them and turn Earth 10 into a new Krypton, which will be populated with the only Kryptonians left in that universe: the prisoners of the Phantom Zone.

ChestBurster, Ardy and Cuchulin like this.
  26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ohh right, I forgot about that Spider Guild planet.

That would certainly be an interesting story.

ChestBurster, Ardy, Cuchulin and 2 others like this.
  27. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

You are also forgetting about the Citadelians.

ChestBurster and Prince Charon like this.
  28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No, that was actually the first thing I thought about when you mentioned that he killed more people than both World Wars and i thought how the Citadelians weren't even close to that number.

When Zoat mentioned bombarding planets I remembered that Green Light religion episode.

29. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Mr Zoat, since New Kara is definitely taking orders from Aqualad, has she become an official member of the Team? Or is she just teaming up with them since they're some of the few people she knows/so that someone can keep an eye on her?

30. Aelyx

Aelyx It is I, Q, who are you?

If Paul does it right he could try and ask Overman to try and pressure Kal-El into releasing more Kryptonian technology to help Earth out. Shit, the data on world colonization efforts alone would be a huge boon for humanity, sooner or later Paul is dragging them to a new colony. The weirdness of Earth has to be enjoyed by everyone, especially if he figures out how to make a magically inert world become active without something grotesque like making deals with space demons and blood sacrifices.

ChestBurster and Cuchulin like this.