1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

The Fire Nation and North and South Water Tribes are seperated by an ocean. And even if she did want to, she's ruling a country that just underwent total internal collapse. She's going to have to spend the rest of her life rebuilding it before she can even think of having the logistical support required.
    Thank you, corrected.

2. LZB1285

LZB1285 Getting sticky.

Who's Tella?

3. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Prince Adam's friend/love interest.

Doccer and Cuchulin like this.
  4. LZB1285

LZB1285 Getting sticky.

I thought that was Teela.

Doccer, vaegrim and Cuchulin like this.
  5. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Sorry, Mr Zoat made a typo there.

That should say 'Teela'.

6. LZB1285

LZB1285 Getting sticky.

That was the point of the question, sorry if it didn't come across clearly.

vaegrim and Ngamer11 like this.
  7. BrotherofaStudio

BrotherofaStudio Know what you're doing yet?

I won't deny that the 100 year war was a major black mark on the Avatar's reputation but Aang was able to fix it and while I do believe that many injuries occurred when he fought the fleet, I don't recall him actually killing anyone aside from Zhao and even then he was more transported to a prison in the spirit world.
    Thank you that's exactly what I'm talking about what could have happened with Kuvira.

But I'm not going to keep arguing about this Mr Zoat since we are at a complete impasse, it's clear that neither of us can convince the other of their own opinion so let's simply agree on the fact that Kuvira was a much better leader than Wu could ever be and that she went too far. And Agree to disagree on where she went too far and the matter of the spirits.

Cuchulin likes this.
  8. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Yeah, maybe she has a few kind of friends there? Even evil is still Adora, she must have someone.

Cuchulin and Xmaster3000 like this.
  9. BrotherofaStudio

Phew, thank goodness that Adora is actually on their side the whole time and that Evelyn seems to truly have turned over a new leaf. The fact they had completely tricked each other like that is rather funny actually, Paul did mess up but now that all the facts have been explained it's not so bad and oh is Adam going to get it for having flirted, albeit unknowingly, with his own sister.

10. Mr Zoat

A Tella is a type of Ork oddboy found only in the Evil Sunz clan, whose-.
    Oh.

Thank you, corrected.

Seriously? You don't think anyone died when a rage-filled avatar destroyed every boat in the fleet in arctic waters? Or that any who did got away from the vengeful water benders?
    That's mildly embarrasing. The main issue is how it will play on his insecurities. For all the guilt Adora's going to feel, she's still a highly capable fighter and leader, something Adam hasn't proven himself to be due to needing to become He-Man whenever the going gets tough.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
  11. BrotherofaStudio

I said I wasn't going to argue about this anymore, is it too much to ask that we agree to disagree?
    True

12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'his chest'

Chojin Patriarch and Mr Zoat like this.
  13. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'somewhat damaged'

Chojin Patriarch and Mr Zoat like this.
  15. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Didn't click with me until just now... I'm working on doing a website migration for the guy who originally created this character.

"or" should be "nor"

I guess I'll be the third person to bring this one up. "damaged"

16. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Huh. Nifty.

17. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

That... Doesn't make a lot of sense given Zoat earlier said that recharging off of magic was a "Larfleeze Crazy" level of Orange Ring use...

Cuchulin likes this.
  18. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Sybarite pulled it off as one of the first things he did. Maybe Mr Zoat meant absorbing magic attacks was difficult, while absorbing magic from objects that can't fight back, or magic beings who you beat into submission is easier?

Bramble Thorn and Cuchulin like this.
  19. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

I mean, the most famous nationalist of the last century said that "rightful German land" went up to the Urals, so your argument is kind of thin.

Would she take some time to consolidate her Empire? Sure. Would she refrain from attempting to conquer the rest of the world if Korra had failed to stop her? Ha, no. Hell, the next Avatar was going to be Earth anyway - it wouldn't take a genius of propaganda to use a semi-religious figure, raised in a carefully curated way, to support "ending the meaningless division between all people".

20. Sojiko

Sojiko Getting sticky.

Oh! I just happened to read the post explaining that earlier today, during my archive-binge! Here it is.

He didn't just use his ring to drain magic from the Basophil Amulet, he converted it to the orange light, much like how the SI did the same to Alan's lantern.

He converted a power source to fuel his ring. That doesn't require the same level of obsession as being able to feed on active spells, magical effect, or ambient mana.

21. Mr Zoat

I'm not doing a Godwin's Law discussion. Find an example that actually exists in the series that suggests that she's got plans to expand further.

22. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

You know, it was really unclear.

23. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

There are 2 of them?

24. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

The Sorceress's real name, at least in some continuties, is Teela Na.

So yeah it's a Gilmore Girls situation there.

25. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Thanks...though I never watched Gilmore Girls do I don't know the reference.
    Though I don't suppose you or somebody could explain to me what a 'Master' of the Universe actually means?

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It's basically the name of Eternia's greatest group of heroes and warriors.

Xmaster3000 and Cuchulin like this.
  27. Threadmarks: Vantavendi (part 21)
    Mr Zoat

21st October 2012
    19:13 GMT -5

"…remember any of them?"

Death-Doll shrugs, and I try not to look at the way the stitching holding her epidermis together pulls her 'skin'. It looks painful, and under other circumstances I'd offer to fix… Fix her. But some people like looking that different and I don't know her well enough to know how she feels about it.

"Nah. I mean, I think I remember some of them, but I didn't talk to any of 'em." Her attention shifts from me to Canis, who is openly staring at her clearly-altered physiology. She smiles, her head tilting to the left and her hair -which is either artificial or held together with something that's not so much hairspray as hairglue- just sort of holds its shape rather than flowing with gravity. "See something you like, kid?"

"Your body is a walking sculpture; a meditation on the disposable and transitory nature of human flesh. Every inch of it thrills me."

She… Stares at him for a moment.

"I would like very much to paint you, if you would allow it."

"That's not something I expected to hear today." She stares as if not sure what to make of him. "Um. Sure, I guess."

"Hah!" Canis shakes his head, then turns to face me. "My art professor tried to tell me that humans disliked posing for paintings. As if nudity was something to be ashamed of."

"Wait, I didn't say anything about 'naked'. I'm married."

Canis looks puzzled. "I have no libidinous intent. I wish to depict the glory of your stitched together flesh on canvas."

And this is why Canis is extremely useful for interviews like this. I know that Death-Doll used to operate under the name Liberty-Lass, until a covert operation she undertook for the CIA went badly wrong. I know that the resulting 'experimental medical procedure' -read: we're handing your barely living body over to mad scientists and told them they could do whatever they like, no loss to us either way- left her a little unhinged. And a lot more violent.

In a normal confrontation with a League-affiliated superhero she'd posture about how dark and edgy she is. Canis wrong-foots her and I've got a larger body count and neither of us are bothered about talking about it. Which improves the chance that she'll cooperate, if only out of confusion.

She looks to me for a rational response. Which was probably a mistake.

"Is he for real?"

"He's the Apokoliptian God of Art, so, yes. Though in other circumstances he would probably call sex 'performance art'."

"I-. I mean-. Would anyone else be there?"

Canis nods. "How many people do you want?" A sight for all eyes?

"If we could return to the matter at hand? Canis?"

He nods a little sheepishly.

"What did you think of the meeting?"

"Meeting-? Oh. Ah. Guess they were well-meaning, but… I've been doing this a while. I know how to work with police, levels of force…" She shrugs. "There wasn't really anything there that I wanted."

"What do you think of the organisation as a whole?"

"Seem like good people. Probably real useful for people starting out. I don't do well in…" She raises her right hand and runs it over her neck seam. "Organizations."

"Did anyone approach you during or after the meeting?"

"It was a mixer. Plenty of people approached me. Only one that stuck out was a little girl."

"In what way?"

She frowns incredulously. "Because she was a little girl in a room full of roided out men. You've seen the guest list, right?"

I shrug. "They don't keep one, only a sign-up sheet."

"Right. Anyway, yeah, you know the statistics on the sort of people who put on masks, right?"

"What, that they're overwhelmingly male, particularly when they don't have superpowers?"

"Teenage girls who do it are usually part of a group. She was there on her own, but I think she'd already joined."

"What makes you say that?"

"The officials paid attention to her. Nothing obvious, just looking at her a bit more."

"To the teenaged girl in the room with the 'roided out men'? That doesn't seem too unreasonable."

"No, they weren't looking out for her. People look at people they know differently. Trust me."

While she's far from the strangest looking person I've met, I can't help but take in her raggy doll appearance when she asks me to take something on faith. We know the procedures altered her thought processes-.

"Yeah, I know. But trust me, all that spy craft stuff stayed. They'd have cut me up-. Left me in parts if it didn't. No one wants an incompetent assassin."

I nod. "Thank you. We'll be in touch if we need to ask any follow up questions."

"You got any idea why I'm still alive? I'm not exactly shy about maiming or killing."

"No idea at all." I smile. "It is not by eliminating the impossible that crimes are solved, but by the much harder job of eliminating the possible. Orchid wasn't violent. She breaks the pattern, so that can't be it. Maybe it's because you didn't cross… Whatever line there was. I don't know. Though if you're curious, I'll get in touch once we do solve it."

"I'd appreciate it."

I stand, stepping away-. Canis isn't following. I give him an interrogative frown.

"This was our last interview for today. I have no further business with you, and Death-Doll and I haven't agreed a time for her to pose for me."

"I haven't said I'm going to pose for you."

"You can read the intentions of a room by where people look and do not look? I know when someone will work with me."

She shakes her head. "I.. can't believe I'm considering this."

"I'll leave you two to it." I

step out

and reappear in the Mountain.

Richard glance around. "Same thing?"

"An out of place teenaged girl. I think we need to find her." I nod at the facial recognition system they've got running. "Find her yet?"

The Alliance genuinely made sure that the cameras of their venues weren't active, because not everyone turning up had the hang of the whole 'secret identity' thing. But there wasn't any rule about the people attending having their own cameras. They took pictures, and uploaded them to their masked identity's social media accounts. So there are hundreds of images for us to find this girl.

Beryl calls up a picture.

"I think we have."

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  28. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Canis is pretty great. And that does sound like an interesting sight.

29. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Oh look, an anti-life fragment.

30. oct9010

oct9010 .

Always love to see more Canis.

I think this should probably be