1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. AmericanNumbers

AmericanNumbers Not too sore, are you?

The whole Constantine thing screams enemy action. Every time Paul asks a distraction of increasing complexity comes up.
    At this point it's probably Darkseid or the Anti Monitor next (or both and the Batman who laughs).

2. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

Should be ‘your organs’, I think.

3. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

... Me too.
    All he knew, even in the end, was that Luke had a twin sister. I mean, he presumably found out posthumously.

4. deimos16

deimos16 Paragon of Grey

Something funny I've noticed about Constantine fights.

If a fire needs to be started, most people would use a lighter, or some matches.

John Constantine would call in a fire demon to kill the tree elemental that came out of nowhere to attack him.

5. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Unless he was a lord of chaos or something. That might make Eris's followers run into a dead end.

kerleth likes this.
  6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well a tree elemental may be more resistant to mundane fire.

Prince Charon and DAT_NOOB like this.
  7. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

It would be a dumb way to die, trying to light the 'immune to mundane fire' tree elemental on fire with gasoline.

8. Dur'id the Druid

Dur'id the Druid Know what you're doing yet?

No no. She would be overcome with both godly desire to watch the chaos, and extreme dread. Then in this mood go to Hera with, "Mom, I saw something terrible, and I liked it. Please help me." And they have a true mother daughter moment.

...... ok, I may be in a very weird mood here, but that sounds much more lewd than I meant it to be. Ugh. My brain lately is betraying me.

kerleth, Vorian, Caerwen and 3 others like this.
  9. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

To be fair, I suspect that doing so is literally part of his godly nature.

Also, amused that even Eris is nervous about involving John Constantine in this situation. The Constantine Threshold is like the Godzilla Threshold, but more abstract and spooky.

Well, they're Greek goddesses, so I wouldn't put it past them.

10. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

We're in QQ. It's okay.

Also I support this ship.

Ardy and FeepingCreature like this.
  11. Silveraith

Silveraith Argent Phantasm

Stares.

Your.

12. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Spacing needed.
    Eris needs to learn some faith. The man is feared for excellent reasons.

Whose Diva again?

kerleth and Ardy like this.
  13. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

That etiquette article was so dry, it made Ayn Rand look moist. How is clear communication a breach of etiquette?

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Another demigod Cronus made to serve him.

Sometimes people tend to dance around an issue so.much that it practically becomes unacceptable to stray from it.

Ardy likes this.
  15. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Willing… is a rather strong term in this case.

Eris wants nothing to do with fighting Zeus and Paul is resorting to threats and coercion to make her.
    Hecate is demanding a price that Paul cannot pay without screwing over Hades and the entire Greek-myth afterlife system.

Bramble Thorn and Cuchulin like this.
  16. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Did a quick check and both appear on the internet.
    Devastation.

17. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

When the Laughing Magician is involved, it is not a coincidence; nothing is ever a coincidence.

Scary thought: combine the Laughing Magician with The Man Who Laughs. Joker Constantine.

kerleth, Cuchulin, Vorian and 3 others like this.
  18. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Semicolon to comma

Comma to semicolon

19. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

That's it! Everyone out of the universe!
    [​IMG]

20. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Why? It's a three item list.

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  21. Mastigos2

Mastigos2 Versed in the lewd.

Nah, here's the REAL scary thought: becoming a Lord Of Chaos didn't let Constantine approach his typical problems from a position of relative power, it let him find more powerful enemies to have his typical problems with

22. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

He didn't have them before because they're a Zoat creation.

The actual thing from the comics only protected against a specific type of Demonic scrying and had the hefty downside of destroying your soul if you ever went to hell.

23. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

It's a single item and a two item list in the same sentence. If you want it to be a three item list, you'd need to remove the second "he doesn't".

Prince Charon likes this.
  24. Threadmarks: Coup Data (part 12)
    Mr Zoat

27th October 2012
    07:47 GMT +3

Queen Hippolyta glances my way as I'm granted access to her private receiving room, where Kon and Mitchell are already ensconced.

"I will admit, I was unsure that you would be able to restrain yourself. I apologise for misjudging you."

"Think nothing of it. You weren't that far off. Incidentally, would you be willing to become Queen of Olympus?"

"Lord Zeus did not ask me."

"I wasn't talking about marrying him."

Mitchell doesn't seem to react, though Kon looks a little perturbed.

"I…" Queen Hippolyta makes brief eye contact with Menalippe, who does her best not to react either. "I know that as a demigoddess myself I could undergo apotheosis more easily than a mortal. I know that Diana is perfectly capable of taking my place as Queen of Themyscira. But I have no desire to disrupt the divine order, or put myself above the king of the gods."

"But if by some mysterious happenstance there was an opening..?"

Hippolyta swallows, eyes not quite focusing on me. "I don't know. I have never seriously considered the possibility. Do I need to?"

"I don't know yet. This is just the 'sounding out' phase."

"Paul…" Kon gives me a concerned look. "We're finding things out for the League. I know you're angry, but we really shouldn't do anything without talking to Batman and Doctor Mist first."

I nod. "I agree."

"Yeah, but… You're treating this like the thing with Zatara. I'm pretty sure that you were already assuming that the League weren't gunna do anything."

"No, I trusted that they would. I just wasn't sure how quickly they were going to be moving on this."

He doesn't look entirely convinced. "You sure?"

"Alright, there's a-. I'm sure the League got the message last time and they wouldn't let this lie, but I got used to them not doing anything so I'm inclined to act like they're doing nothing until I actually hear something from them."

"Maybe you should go talk to him."

I go to nod, then look suspiciously at him and Queen Hippolyta. Orange Lantern handling stage 2. But… Yes. Okay. He's still right, and it might help get me out of this mindset if I do speak to Mr. Wayne.

"Yes, I think you're right. Excuse me."

I get a nod from Hippolyta as Donna walks over to take a seat with the three of them. Then

I vanish from their sight and

appear on the Watchtower.

27th October 2012
    04:49 GMT

Mr. O'Brien's eyes bulge out of his face, then he ducks down and morphs his body into the shape of a television, his face pushing 'through' the screen.

"Heeee's he-."

"Kid Flash already did that joke."

A hand extrudes from the side of the screen and scratches the top of his head.

"Okay, well, what else is there?" He morphs into… Darth Batman? "The Lantern is not so forgiving as I am."

"Did you know he never realised Leia was his daughter?"

"Huh?" Mr. O'Brien snaps back into his default shape. "Sure he did. Right at the end, he says 'Tell your sister, you were right'."

"Yes, because he knows that Luke has a sister. But he never specifically identifies her by name."

He thinks for a moment, then his jaw bungee drops down to the deck.

"Is Batman here?"

"Ah, yeah, but…" He takes a deep breath. "Okay, promise you're not going to go crazy?"

"I promise that I will not become crazier than I am now."

"That's… The least reassuring thing you could possibly have said, but okay! See… What Zeus did is wrong, and we're obviously going to get-" I nod. "Diana back-."

"But she's not in immediate danger, so the League doesn't need to get on top of this immediately. There are plenty of more urgent and important things going on in the world and that's why you passed it on to the team in the first place."

"You're being a whole lot more reasonable about this than I thought you'd be." He narrows his eyes. "And you skipped immigration."

"If I was an attacker, it would be too late. So what problems do the League have that prevent them from prioritising Zeus?"

"Some guy in Brazil started up Venom production-"

Wouldn’t be in Euanthe's areas, which leaves the coast. Probably no magic defence, because the Accala shamen would show an interest in that. Mr. Dorrance Junior may be dead but there were plenty of people who worked for him at some stage who might still be around…

Coast. Look for increased number of venom users, any familiar faces… Users there, but the production-.

I step out, reappearing

in a factory, constructs snatching guns and knives and chaining up and stunning their owners. Two guards have already injected, but that doesn't make them construct proof. Once the place is recumbent I

return

to the Watchtower and upload the coordinates to the League's computer.

"-but Batman-. Uh. You just went there, didn't you?"

"Yes."

"Okay, we'll cross that off the list. I'm guessing you're gunna keep doing that until Wonder Woman's at the top of the list, ain't cha?"

"Yes."

"So I need to call Batman right now in case he wants some of these to not get solved."

"That might be an idea, thank you. Tell him that if he's in Brazil I can help with the pick up."

"Okay. So, stand there, don’t move, and I'll get a hold of him as fast as I can."

"Thank you."

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
  25. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

You didn't really misjudge him.

'if by some'

That's...not reassuring in any way.

True.

27. Liquid Night

Liquid Night Getting sticky.

By the end of this Paul's 'Thank you' s are going to start inducing flashbacks in bystanders:V

28. Massgamer

Massgamer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Oh Plastic Man, have to say he is handling things surprisingly well considering he is dealing with Paul. But then again he has always hidden some good wisdom behind his foolish persona.

29. Revlis

Revlis Getting sticky.

OL is reminding me of Dr. Manhattan more and more.

30. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Thank you. Something the Teleri never seemed to appreciate.