1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Noctus

Noctus I trust you know where the happy button is?

Did not see the end coming but 10/10 satisfaction.

2. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Did he said Kratos?

Cuchulin likes this.
  3. The Froggy Ninja

The Froggy Ninja The Blade Will Never Die

I would hope not him, given he was a major asshole to Hephaestus and Prometheus.

4. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Without further context, I'm going to assume that the ancient Greek myths are referring to pre-op trans men, with pre-op meaning before such surgeries existed in their case.

Cuchulin and Impatient_Quill like this.
  5. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

How will this affect Captain Marvel/Shazam!?

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zeus hasn't been imprisoned or killed, so maybe he's still providing power for Billy and the Marvel Family.

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Here's my little take on Diana finding out about all this.

•●•
    Her mission was almost complete. A few Titans remained to be inspected, but the hardest part was over.

Suddenly an image of Lord Hades appeared in front of her.

Hades: Diana, you may leave Tartarus. It is no longer necessary for you to continue this petty task.

Diana: My lord, has Zeus decreed that I should stop this?

Hades: No, this was ordered by the new king of Olympus, king Hephaestaean.

Diana: ...King Heph-Hephaestaean...?

Hades: Yes. You should also see the new God of Eunuchs, Ares, enter Tartarus as you leave.

Diana:...Paul, what did you do....?

•●•

8. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Imagine all the cool shit Io could learn to make now that her patron has dominion over tech stuff.

9. LazySloth13

LazySloth13 Versed in the lewd.

The more crazy stunts Paul manages to pull off the more I would like to see the WTR version of the cast interact with canon version of YJ, sans Paul of course, because the latter would be confused or even horrified by the events that have happened and the former trying to explain things away because of their own involvement or lack there of. One of the reasons why Paul spending less time with the Team is as great as it is bad is that given his autonomy he's able to push all sorts of boundaries that the original cast would never do, either do to a lack of resources or connections, and how their somewhat static nature is what lets villains like the Light operate so well.

Just imagine seeing WTRDiana trying to explain how Hephaestus/Hephastian managed to overthrow Zeus as king of Olympus, as well as castrate Ares, or Hera divorcing Zeus to Themyscira's population growth to YJDiana who could barely accept Batman's plan of a black ops groups to run counter of Luthor/UN and the Light.

Or course there's the situation with the time travelers coming back in time to 'fix' things so their good present stays the same despite how bad the past may seem, or how unlike the GLC who seemed to let groups like the Reach continue to conquer civilizations there another interplanetary lantern corp and para-military group ready to stop them, and any problems with new gods from Apokalypse showing up to prepare Earth for invasion or act as a test bed for the Anti-life Equation.

10. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

I expect a divorce, but it's sort of her innate nature to sleep around so I doubt she'll be punished as severely. Probably he'll assign her another husband, someone insulting. ...Or maybe one of the Underworld gods so she's kept out of his sight.

Prince Charon and Khornelius like this.
  11. Ryumancer

Ryumancer Dragons Are Romance

Y'know, a lotta people are voicing the opinion that Zeus would sleep his way through college, but... would he even have the skill to pull that off without getting expelled, considering his recent loss of Metis?

12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Better hope Zeus doesn't decide to fuck over humanity in revenge.

13. AR760

AR760 Experienced.

Seriously, why the fuck is Ares being punished for Aphrodite's infidelity? I mean, like it or not, Ares doesn't owe Hephaestes nearly as much as Aphrodite does. He holds no duty or connection of marriage that was broken.

I mean, shit, reverse the roles here and see how fucked up it is for Ares to receive punishment when he wasn't the one to initiate the cheating and didn't betray the marriage.

And the fight absolutely reeked of railroading along with complete declawing and flanderization of Zeus

Zeus basically got his ass kicked and everything was wrapped together in a neat package. It honestly feels like things are now in full blown power fantasy, Saturday morning style where things always work out in the end and mistakes and fuck ups aren't a thing.

It feels like the narrative tension has essentially been sucked out of the story, especially as time has gone on.

14. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Whaw that's crap compared to the version in the comic.
    The first one, though these days he dresses up like the second.

15. TheLunarwolf

TheLunarwolf Making the rounds.

He's probably not going to fuck over humanity, but I mean, Hephestean, Athena, Ares, Apollo and so on, are probably going to have a lot of new half-siblings.

jonasquinn, Jaron and _The_Bomb like this.
  16. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Provided he has the power to do so.

In Greek Mythology, Zeus punished Apollo for killing the cyclops that made his lightning by making him mortal and forcing him to serve the King of Pherae. In another event, when Apollo and Poseidon tried to overthrow Zeus and failed, he made them mortal and ordered them to build the walls of Troy in recompense.

Given Hepheastean is now head god in charge by right of beating the shit out of the last head god, it would hardly be surprising if he made Zeus mortal when he banished him from Olympus.

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ares could have just not slept with Aphrodite when she got married.

Now I'm wondering if God of War exists on Earth 16, and if it does then is Kratos dressing up like his video game counterpart because he likes the look, or if he dressed like that before the games came out and he just somehow inspired the look.

18. AR760

AR760 Experienced.

Why is Ares responsible for Aphrodite's decision to cheat? Aphrodite is the one who was married to Heph, and consequently the one with the greatest amount of personal responsibility,

Seriously, why the heck is Ares getting castrated for a decision that was Aphrodite's?

19. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

It takes two or more people to have consensual sex.

20. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Will Hephaestaean also hammer Aprhrodite? :V

sidekek, Cuchulin and Silveraith like this.
  21. AR760

AR760 Experienced.

But only one betrayed a previous relationship and the binding of her marriage. Only one person by virtue of ceremony and marriage owed Hephaestes a duty of fidelity.

And if Aphrodite didn't want to cheat, nothing could have happened. It may take two to have consensual sex, but only one can make the decision which makes the rest of it happen

Cuchulin, Splinterface and Silveraith like this.
  22. BrotherofaStudio

BrotherofaStudio Know what you're doing yet?

Oh thank goodness, they did plan for this.

Nice to see Metis free of her truly unjust imprisonment.

Indeed

I hope it goes well, it probably will though not without some bumps in the road. Still, I'm reasonably optimistic.

Oh, very humbling punishment, a very good idea, give Zeus a proper taste of what the world is now. But I suggest that someone keeps an eye on him just in case.

Oh, ouch. Well, can't say he didn't deserve it. And now Olympus has a truly worthy king. I think things are going to be just fine.

Prince Charon, Ngamer11 and Jaron like this.
  23. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

It occurs to me that with the presence of Metis, and the unmanning of Ares, I wonder if the general level of intelligence and common sense among heroes, villains and in-between will skyrocket to an SI's level, if not exceed it.

VANDAL SAVAGE: .....I suddenly realize that a great many of my plans, both past and present, to ensure the ascension of mankind are COMPLETELY idiotic.

LEX LUTHOR: Wait, YOU TOO?!

(Meanwhile at Arkham Asylum....)

JOKER: ARRRGH! What's happening to me?! I'm actually listening to what the Quacks here are saying! I'm seeing reason and feeling guilty! MAKE IT STOP!!!

24. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

That's because all narrative tension has been sucked out of the story and it is a full blown power fantasy where nothing ever really goes wrong for the self insert.

I see nothing saying Hephaestus was able to strip Zeus of his connection to the Titans in Tartarus.

And given it was directly stated there was no known way to actually do that, it would be more then a little bit of an ass-pull if he suddenly just gained that ability.

Splinterface likes this.
  25. _The_Bomb

_The_Bomb Getting sticky.

Is this your first ever post since joining QQ in 2016? If so, welcome!

Khornelius likes this.
  26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Because Ares still chose to sleep with her.

That still doesn't mean that Ares did nothing or that it somehow absolves him.

Plus, you could just as easily say that Ares betrayed Heph as a brother by sleeping with his wife.

It was still a dick move on Ares' part.

Though I doubt he's going to be making a lot of dick moves now.

27. _The_Bomb

_The_Bomb Getting sticky.

I feel like everyone’s ignoring how terrible of a person Ares was to Hephaestus even outside of the Aphrodite situation…..

28. Blackshard

Blackshard ~

I expect Aphrodite to be highly motivated to seduce and placate her husband, now that he's King of Olympus. I wouldn't expect Hephaestaean will go for it, though the temptation of a sex goddess in bed is certainly up there. If this story was on the other part of QQ, I'd expect to see her stay on as concubine, but Zoat hasn't gone in for that sort of thing. I don't believe we've seen Aphrodite in the story yet, so it's hard to say which way things will go.

29. Khornelius

Khornelius Overlord of the Underworld

What he’s referring is the myth that Zeus after accidentally vaporizing his latest mistress, took the prematurely born demi-god baby Dionysus, and sewed the little guy into his ‘leg’ so he could finish growing. Nine months later he’s born for real.

PS, a leg injury in this context typically referred to male genitals or balls.

30. Michael Vonica

Michael Vonica Know what you're doing yet?

Nine months premature?

Silveraith likes this.