1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

2. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Can we get a whole chapter of Doctor Mist's beliefs and the League reacting to and challenging his worldview? Some people aren't going to be happy about that conversation but it needs to happen especially since Liberty also brought this point up recently as well.

Prince Charon likes this.
  3. Brainwasher-Boy

Brainwasher-Boy Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

OL: Yeah, way too much paperwork. Only a total narcissist would actually want to rule an entire planet after considering how much effort it actually takes

Grayven: Okay, first, ouch. And second, it's actually a lot more efficient if you have a bunch of other people in charge of sections of your territory, and just be in charge of those people. Third, do you mind if we compare souls really quick? Kinda having an identity crisis at the moment and need a baseline.

OL: Oh, sure thing.

Grayven: Thanks man, that's really- JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHY IS IT A SNAKE?!?!

Ophidian: Okay, first, ouch-

4. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

With JC as host? The MC? More like a young adults television show teaching about magic, rituals, demons and how to kill them.

5. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

Smiling? Now wouldn't that be terrifying.

6. mastermenthe

mastermenthe Mint Thistle

That's literally JC's Wizard Title.
    Even Dream and Death would corroborate.

Cuchulin likes this.
  7. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Isn't Constantine's title The Laughing Magician?

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

That's one of them.

Cuchulin and Bud-E like this.
  9. KaiserDrgn

KaiserDrgn (Verified Dragon)

Okay, so you didn't mention if its taller then the Washington Monument, but its implied here.

It's illegal to build anything in Washington DC that is taller then the Washington Monument. It's been bitterly enforced in the past.

I expect if the Alliance of Just somehow got around that, then they are regularly fending off protests and various severities of attacks from Nationalistic citizens.

WhiteNoise, Cuchulin, Windona and 6 others like this.
  10. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Usually hyphenated. (Appears more than once.)

Okay, if it's not supposed to be "Americans" is it supposed to be "America"?

Inconsistent. Probably want to remove the hyphen from the first one.

11. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    It's two different people talking.

12. Lothlo

Lothlo Not too sore, are you?

Just started re-re-reading the story again (third, maybe fourth time I have). Can't believe It has been so many years (Do people still remember Teekl best cat?), and even back then, on the first arc with Kent Nelson , the trope remains the same: We Cant Find John Constantine! Mr Zoat, keep up the good work, we really appreciate what you have done with this story

13. _The_Bomb

_The_Bomb Getting sticky.

Does anyone else think that Paul inability to focus is a result of something John put in place to stop people from looking for him?

Assblaster5000 likes this.
  14. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

That's been the general consensus for around an ark and a half now.

It could just be Paul feeling the aftershocks of that mess with the Qwa matter giving him an itch to get things done, but most bets are on John doing something funky.

Xmaster3000 and Vorian like this.
  15. Threadmarks: Earth's Mightiest Negotiator (part 1)
    Mr Zoat

14th April 2012
    14:59 GMT -5
    Earth 8096

Alert: portal detected.

I come to a halt in the air over New York City's harbour, having just left the Avengers mansion. At Steve's recommendation, I've been flying around more rather than just transitioning everywhere, to let people see me, get used to me and occasionally ask questions. Even had a civil conversation with John Jonah Jameson, which went to show that he's a lot more reasonable when dealing with people who aren't Mister Parker.

Source?

A map appears in my head, supplemented a moment later by an image of-.

Amora and Skurge. We haven't seen them since she tried seducing Thor after we were scattered across the Nine Realms. But them being back on Earth is not a good sign, and-.

And I tilt my head back and exhale. I need to pick up Anna Marie, but… But I can't exactly complain about Tony's inability to talk people down if I don't try myself. Amora doesn't have any particular grudge against me… I don't think, and… This is part of being a hero. If someone like me doesn't try, who will?

That said, I fly towards them rather than just appearing in front of them. Skurge is known to have an itchy axe finger… Or whatever the axe version of an itchy trigger finger is, and it's probably best to give them the time to mentally prepare themselves for interacting with me. Not sure why they're walking around… What appears to be a disused freight warehouse, but better there than somewhere with people I suppose.

Amora spots me first, but just rolls her eyes and keeps going in the direction she was already heading. Skurge spots me a moment later and immediately turns to face me and readies his axe. I slow, raising my hands in a slightly dishonest show of nonaggression, hovering in the air at a distance that I think puts me out of Skurge's lunge range.

I smile broadly. "Good afternoon!"

Amora gazes at me through half-lidded eyes for a moment. "Oh, you're one of Thor's minions, aren't you?"

"Very nearly."

"I'm busy. What do you want?"

"Peace and goodwill to all men." I nod. That was easy. "What do you want?"

She rolls her eyes. "Go away. This doesn't concern you."

"Right… See… I'm concerned that it might. And if I can help you get what you want in a way that doesn't turn parts of New York into smouldering craters, that's in my interests."

I try smiling again. It doesn't seem to be working, but at least Skurge has lowered his axe. Slightly.

"I am resolving some outstanding issues with the Masters of Evil. Your help is not required."

I sigh quietly to myself. "Yes, I thought it might be about that. Look… I… I don't think that your… Your approach-"

She snarls. "I will-."

"-to pursuing Thor is going to work."

That appears to give her pause. What, did she think he wasn't going to tell us about her hitting on him? Which naturally led into a long rambling and slightly drunken retelling of all of her previous attempts, and… And yes, I was the only one who wasn't drinking, but it wasn't that hard to spot the common thread connecting all of their interactions.

"What business is it of yours?"

"Thor's a friend of mine, and last time you made a play for him, I ended up having to fight Super-Loki. And I don't want to have to do that again. And I certainly don't have a problem with you.. getting together with Thor; I have no horse in the race at all. I just-. I just think that the way you're going about it is self-defeating."

Her mouth relaxes but her eyes narrow. "Explain."

She's listening? I mean, good, but I didn't really think-. Okay! Okay.

"Thor… Doesn't like being pressured into doing things. The whole reason why the situation with Loki could happen is that Thor doesn't.. want to be tied down on Asgard. At the moment he wants to be hanging out with his comrades in arms and fighting the good fight. No matter… How.. good a match you'd be for him, I don't think you're the sort of person he's looking to have a relationship with at the moment."

"He cavorts freely with that mortal woman. Why does she receive his favour while I do not?"

"Do you know how long humans live?"

She huffs. "Barely any time at all."

"The oldest human we've got reliable records for lived about a hundred and twenty years. Eighty to ninety years is more common. Asgardians live a lot longer. To be blunt, even if they stayed together to the end of her life… She's not tying him down. Fifty to sixty years… That's nothing to him."

She frowns, but thoughtfully.

"And that's where you're going wrong, because… That's nothing to you, either." I shrug. "You can easily afford to run down the clock."

"I should not have to!"

"Then the question is, do you want to keep doing what you've done to date, which hasn't worked, or are you prepared to listen to my suggestion."

"What do you know of Asgard? What do you know of Thor, brief mortal creature with a scant few decades of-."

"I'm dating Hela."

She blinks. And Skurge nearly drops his axe on his foot.

"You're-? You're dating Hela?"

"Yeah. That's where I ended up when the Norn Stones exploded. Spent some time in her realm, we hit it off, and… She seems nice?"

She has an expression of mild horror on her face. "Or do you simply lust after dead flesh?"

"The room temperature skin is a bit weird. She used to-. When we first started seeing each other, she used to wrap herself in warm towels before meeting me to try and stop me noticing, but… You know, everyone's got little.. oddities." I shrug. "And I've learned a lot about Asgardian culture and history from her."

Amora's expression moves between various emotions, before she shakes her head in incomprehension. "Then, pray tell, what would you have me do?"

"Thor isn't looking to hook up with someone who's queen material. What he wants is fellow warriors. My advice is that you ease off on the seduction thing; he knows that you're interested and nagging just puts him off and makes your position look weak. Instead, take the opportunity to fight alongside him. Make sure that he has good memories of working with you, because you can afford to play the very long term."

Hela was pretty sure that Amora has never done anything long term in her life. Apparently, she got kicked out of witch school for her impatience, and just sort of went from one mentor figure to another learning what she could before they finally lost patience with her attitude and gave her the boot. But if she really wants Thor then she's going to be as well-motivated as she gets.

She's looking at me sceptically, but at least she's listening.

"And what about his pet human?"

"The human brain stays infatuated for a few months at the start of a relationship. After that… They have very different lives. It's quite possible that those differences will drive them apart in a year or two anyway. And if it doesn't, it's a few decades. The important thing is that you don’t have anything to do with their relationship ending, because if you do then he will remember that for the rest of your lives and that's a very long time. Killing her -if you were thinking of doing that- will actually hurt your cause."

I can see her thinking it over, trying to find some fault in what I just said.

"And if I am patient, what then?"

"Then your time together will have caused you to build up a rapport, a sense of camaraderie, that will serve as a far better starting point than the antagonistic relationship you have now. And then, in the distant future when he's ready to settle down, there's his comrade in arms Amora, who's made no secret of her interest and shares centuries of history. There are no guarantees, but I really do think this is your best chance."

"Fighting besides him."

"Yes."

"Hm." She appears to come to a conclusion. "I was hunting down the other Masters of Evil. I assume that he desires their defeat also?"

"We're doing the same thing."

"I somehow doubt that; I was planning on slaying them."

Ah. "Now, normally I'd be fine saving Israel the cost of a rope, but in this instance I think that showing Thor that you're prepared to follow mortal law would work better for you. Because-."

"Thor and I will outlive them all, yes. Very well; call upon Thor and we shall hunt these vermin together."

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  16. Irked

Irked Experienced.

The fact that this incident was resolved so cleanly just because Marvel Paul decided to spite Tony and his lack of social skills by attempting to talk first amuses me greatly.

17. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

slaying

we

Your approach-" missed exclamation mark

18. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Yeah long term thinking is not Amora thing.

19. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

hook

20. dw7thdoctor

dw7thdoctor Getting sticky.

think
    we
    hook

21. KaiKolo

KaiKolo Know what you're doing yet?

Wasn't expecting the Marvel version of Paul to show up but it's great seeing more of him and getting an idea of what he's been up to.

Paul's relationship with Hela would have a better chance at working out and lasting a very long time since Hela can't die (or at least, not in a way that matters) and Paul dying would just bring him to Hela.

I wonder how Loki feels about one of his enemies, an ally of Thor and a mortal, dating his daughter (?). Loki wouldn't be so much "over protective dad", it's not like he could force Hela to stop seeing Paul anyways, but he might believe that this relationship would be bad for him since death could finally "stick" one day.

22. Katillno

Katillno Verified Nobu fan

These kinda chapters make me so sad I love them they’re great but it’s unlikely these Paul’s will get fics of their own making these chapters a fleeting pleasure few and far between.

23. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

There's also the fact that she's not a manipulative criminal.

'started'

'build'

'shares'

25. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

I mean, it's not as if the other Avengers ever say anything other like "stand down" or something.

"What do you want and how can we get it together" is a uniquely Paul thing

26. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Depends which version of Loki we're talking about.

Most would probably be happy about it though... Since in Canon Hela ends up married to a woman who tries to utterly fuck over all of Asgard.

Minars90 and Cuchulin like this.
  27. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

hook

moralrelativity likes this.
  28. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, the Paul stuck in the 'Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' universe. Not quite who some of us were hoping to see, but still entertaining all the same. This is the one dating Hela and charging off a Norn Stone, correct?

There aren't many beings in EMH who use portals as a way to get around...

When you have a Power Ring, you can always afford to try and be the better man. There's very little in this universe that can threaten you, after all.

...What is it with cartoons and 'disused' warehouses? Convenient locations with no people around to have to animate, and lots of empty boxes to smash, am I right? :D

I mean, it's not you have to gesture or even move if you wanted to trap or bind them...

I'm sure Thor doesn't think of him or the other Avengers as minions...

It's been a while since we've heard our OL ask that question. It's fun to hear another orange Paul using it.

Tends to annoy people, you know. The sort of people who, when annoyed, tend to spout phrases like 'We would have words with thee...'

Well, that's something I'm sure Paul here wouldn't mind helping with. (Hmm, need a punchy nickname for him...)

Easy there, Amora. I know you probably have a Ring of Jumping to Conclusions +20 or something, but...

...Sometimes it helps to let people finish talking before jumping down their throats, Enchantress. :p

I suppose having to throw down with his girlfriend's father wouldn't help. Though I don't remember Hela and Loki having the most familial relationship in any Marvel material anyway...

I mean, this is probably a new situation for her. Most of Thor's usual allies would just cry 'have at thee!' and leap into battle.

Maybe he's a bit bored of blondes right now? :p

Even when a jealous immortal isn't trying to kill them...

And after she's gone... Well, there's always the rebound.

Sometimes a little patience goes a long way, darling.

Power Ring, girl. He can easily outlive an Asgardian if he wanted to.

Careful there, big guy. Don't want to take a toe off, do you?

I mean, maybe Amora's a bit confused about the mechanics of it? Certainly, Niflheim is just another of the Realms. Albeit one less visited willingly by most.

And it's probably a better interpretation of her 'half-deathly' nature than, say, a human woman who's a rotting corpse on one side and perfectly healthy on the other.

In other words, make him think with both heads, not just the one below the belt.

And not throwing spells at you, which would definitely be a major weakness for this incarnation still.

Of course, if something her 'Mighty Thor' future plays out, all bets are off entirely...

Sometimes being the quickest isn't always the best. Endurance can be more useful than haste, in battle or in love.

Hey, it can be fun. Just look at how well he gets along with the Avengers.

That would be a safe bet, yes.

:rolleyes: Pfft, like that ever sticks.

Because they were founded by Baron Zemo and Arnim Zola, yes? Yeah, I think they'd want those Nazi scalps to put to trial for themselves.

Probably a good thing it was Orange Lantern who spotted them. Most other EMH Avengers would be firm proponents of 'shoot first, ask questions later, if at all.' And talking them down? Good for property values. Still, she and Skurge may have a bit of bad blood to overcome before they're in any way accepted by the heroes, I suspect. Something for her to work towards alongside getting in Thor's good books...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I'm not so sure about her not dying.

Asgardians aren't immortal as much as they are long-lived.

moralrelativity likes this.
  30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yep.

Especially if those blondes are manipulative sociopaths that are willing to destroy lives and mind-control him.

The first fic or really any story i saw that featured them being punished for their connections to the Nazis was Sunshine Superman.

Well, Pym may try to communicate, but I doubt it'd work.