1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

I'm guessing Hal paid for the full ten minute argument?

Hell's Razer, Cuchulin and DAT_NOOB like this.
  2. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Another old error.
    It should be Zamarons.

Bramble Thorn and Mr Zoat like this.
  3. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I don't really understand that image.

Also, Paul, you're in a glass house here.

Vorian, Bramble Thorn and DAT_NOOB like this.
  4. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Time for some rather mundane-cosmic horror?

5. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Paul found beings doing the whole Star Trek Kirk "going where no man has gone before" with spider guild members.

So Zoat posted that picture which shows a spider guild member in their giant arachnid glory to remind people of why that's eyebrow raising.

6. Buggy123

Oh, that's it? I thought that was a Violet Corps member in the background (though, the sigil is wrong). Between that, the chains, Gardner's angry expression, and where it was linked from, I was kinda getting mixed messages.

If it's just how they look then... eh. You underestimate people. The thing that strikes me as the weirdest is that funky humanoid hairdo (on a spider) more than anything else.

Vorian and Cuchulin like this.
  7. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Gardner? I'm pretty sure that that's meant to be Jordan, just in slightly orangish lighting.

DAT_NOOB likes this.
  8. Buggy123

Honestly I can barely tell them apart. It's one of the... 3? popular main-character (human) lanterns doing a interrogation, that's all I can tell.

9. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

That's Grayven making an in-character mistake. He knows that Icon comes from 'Terminus' but hasn't heard anyone alter the tense before.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Thank you, corrected.
    The erotic tension was so intense that it created an explosion-Lantern.
    SHE SAID IT WAS A SPIRACLE.
    Gardner's ginger.

10. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

The Hellblazer wiki says his name is spelled Ondaate. Also, it might also be misspelled in the Injustice League episode, when Paul was explaining who Map and John Constantine were.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Prince Charon and Mr Zoat like this.
  11. Buggy123

Ah yes, because applying lotion to, and massaging, someone's sensitive-and-normally-covered areas definitely has no erotic connotations at all.

12. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    The SI is trained as a masseuse.

13. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'd point out that it's the equivalent of a nostril, buuuuut IIRC there's hentai comics out there where that's a thing.

14. Buggy123

Massages are still generally considered at least a somewhat/potentially erotic act even if the person doing it is a trained professional. Probably because of all the skin contact, the fact that you have to take most/all of your clothes off to do it with lotion, and the pleasant feelings combined with close proximity.

I mean, it's no coincidence that the idea of a "happy ending" is pretty strongly associated with massage parlors. A paid professional doing it somewhat offsets the erotic undertones, but it doesn't remove them.

Ah, good point. As we all know, humans never do anything sexual with openings that are used for breathing.

15. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

Thought? Not sure if that was deliberate or not.

Night's? Spellcheck thinks that's a mistake.

Broken link

I'm not entirely sure this link is broken; I use a browser extension called "fuck youtube" to unblock videos they arbitrarily block in my country, because... fuck youtube. But the extension couldn't unblock it and I'm pretty sure that video is toast. Anyone not in Canada says differently, then I'm mistaken and apologize

Boo-boop-ba-doo, I have some broken links for you. And possibly two typos but I'm not sure if they were intentional or not.

16. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

Bramble Thorn and Ardy like this.
  17. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

To me, this reads like a teenager finding out he's going to be a father, strenuously objecting that she'd said she was on the pill.

18. Mr Zoat

You can't get someone pregnant by fucking them in the spiracle.

In fact, the SI couldn't have gotten her pregnant by fucking her in the vagina either, if that was physically possible.

19. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

If the SI is becoming a god, like you implied, then according to his own religion there shouldn't be any form of sex he could impregnate her with.

edit: fuck, I meant there shouldn't be any form of sex he couldn't impregnate her with.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  20. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

Eris: "Challenge accepted."

21. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

I've got some old corrections of my own:
    Should "could have been part" be replaced with "should have been part"?

If she'll be 12 in two months, on June 1st, wouldn't it be moving it forward a month and a half to when she'll actually be twelve?

*should have

The period after 'Devil Jizz' seems out of place.

Also, the table of contents for Retribution say that parts 13-28 happened on the 20th of November, while the actual chapters say that they happened on the 21st. I realize this might be some weird thing to do with time zones.

Space needed.

Looks like this typo wasn't fixed in the Story Only thread.

"Sure thing." should be in green quotation marks because it's Guy talking.

Should that be

Next thing I'll do.
    or
    Next thing I do.

The green text and lack of quotation marks imply that Guy is transmitting the message directly into Paul's brain. Which is possible, but a little weird.

I also noticed some old Lantern to Lantern conversations that I'm pretty sure should have colored text:
    Guy's text in this conversation should be pure orange.

Medphyll's text in this conversation should be pure orange.

Guy's text should be orange.

Guy's text. Orange.

Orange text needed.

Orange text.

Orange. Text.

Orange tex-I mean Yellow text needed.

Grayven is in contact with Earth 50 John for 5 chapters. If this is construct image communication, then John's text needs to be all Yellow.

He's not talking to another Lantern, but he is talking to the construct image of someone. So...?

Prince Charon and Mr Zoat like this.
  22. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

unless of course he wanted it

Buggy123 and Aeess like this.
  23. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Extra space before full stop.

Mr Zoat likes this.
  24. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Not as a masseur? Interesting.

Bramble Thorn and Ganurath like this.
  25. Threadmarks: Jiggity-Jig (part 14)
    Mr Zoat

8th February
    22:23 GMT

"Have you..? Had something done to your carapace?"

The Queen is… Bigger than she was when we last met. Both all-around larger and chunkier. Not that I can really make an aesthetic judgement; I have no idea what Guilder standards of beauty are. But my comment is based upon the fact that her outer surface appears to be a good deal more smooth than it was when we parted company. I mean, she was smoother than the others last time we met, but now it looks like she's had it sanded and buffed.

She appears to have decided that meeting me doesn't require armour, though I'm a little glad that she's wearing other clothes. Currently she's dressed in loose dark green robes, standard Spider Guild fashion modified for her unusual physique. Her clothing is accessorised with… Bracelets? Anklets? Made of intricately carved bone. She's standing in a depression in the floor much like when we first met, though her throne-pit here looks a good deal better built than the relatively slapdash affair of her spaceship.

"Yes." Her forelimbs are in constant motion, entering instructions on the computer console in front of her while her eyes are split between the monitors and me. "I felt that having some of the irregularities in my chitin smoothed might make me seem less fearsome."

"It-." I look her over once again. I suppose… If I'm being entirely honest… "I do prefer the look, but you're a giant spider. I think that non-fearsome might be out of your reach."

She nods jerkily, the gesture clearly not coming naturally to her. "That is true, but I wanted to reduce the effect as far as possible. I am pleased that you like it."

Two of her eyes roll back and an attendant scurries closer to-.

"Oh, I'm… Sorry. I hadn't realised that you were laying. I can come back later."

"That will not be necessary." One eye tracks the attendant who takes the egg and moves it over to a diagnostic unit, then begins giving it a health check-up. "Or practical. I am laying constantly. Stopping would require that I undergo extensive biological modification."

"If you're sure."

"I am. And in any case, I am glad to see you again." There's a quiet… Scratching noise, as her inner mandibles flex against one another. "You were the first alien with whom I had a civil conversation, and without you my entire Control Nest would have been destroyed. Have you decided what it is that you want from us as repayment?"

"No, I'm just checking up on how things are going in my absence. The Strand-Captain painted a fairly rosy picture."

"The pact is being observed by nearly all parties. Early on a few ships tested the willingness of Amalak and Jarko to defend us. They were destroyed and their crews killed."

"And is there anything you're unhappy about regarding the arrangement or how it's working out?"

"I want to negotiate for passage to neighbouring worlds. It is not a pressing concern; we are too busy building ships for other people to build ships for ourselves. But once that part of our pact is fulfilled, I want to be able to trade information and materials without going through either of the other parties."

"That sounds reasonable. I'll talk to them about it."

"And I will be further in your debt. I-" She makes a quiet hissing noise as another egg leaves her body, this time from the other side. "-am a little nervous about what you may ask of us."

"I.. am curious about a few things, if you don't mind talking to me about them?"

"You asked why I look as I do."

"Yes. Speaking purely for myself, I think I prefer you to normal Spider Guild females-" Two attendants rotate some of their eyes my way so they can glare at me. "-but your structure is a little unusual."

"As you have no doubt deduced, I have been extensively modified. The Hive-Fathers who founded this Control Nest wanted somewhere to study self-modification away from more conservative Guild leaders."

"Is it a taboo subject?"

"There is no formal ban. But there would have been a degree of disquiet if their desire to modify us quite as extensively as I have been became more widely known, and in the Guild such disquiet usually results in the offending party being quietly killed."

I run my eyes over her opisthosoma. "How did they do this? I didn't think that Guild biotechnology was advanced enough to perform modification of this degree."

"They were able to acquire genetic material from species related to our ancient forebears. They took different paths, but were still compatible in certain respects. Their data allowed me to be created."

"Were they trying to recreate your whole species in your image?"

"Since they are dead, I will never know for certain."

"Didn't they tell you anything?"

"I was intended to be used to rapidly populate their Control Nest. Since they did not want me discovered, I was on board one of the ships of the first wave to arrive here."

"That makes a certain degree of-." I look around the room. The early stages of Spider Guild expansion are usually handled purely by robot. "Are these..? All your children?"

"Almost all. That was how I was able to obtain political control."

"They deferred to you as their mother?"

"No. I altered their minds in-ovum to respond to my scent and shape. It would hardly be practical for me to establish parental bonds with so many."

I nod. "And those who weren't born to you?"

"Accepted things or died, either killed by our local competitors or killed by those who were loyal to me. I have no future in Guild space and would have no future under a new Guildmaster. My choice was to dominate or die."

"Fascinating." I can't be sure of course, but I think that she's telling the truth. Which means that there's no way that she'll risk calling in reinforcements from the rest of the Spider Guild. "Are you making any more like you, or are the rest of your children reproducing conventionally?" I frown. "And aren't you going to have problems with genetic variety?"

"I do not know all that my fathers and mothers did about bioengineering, but within my body I carry genetic material from many. I can make children with little genetic relationship to one another. In the interest of security, I have made them more similar to normal members of their species."

"But not completely."

"No. I have made small improvements to every part of them. They are stronger, tougher, more resilient, more intelligent and their senses are more acute than those who are not modified by me. More radical alterations would require changes to their outward appearance that would risk triggering a conflict with the rest of the Guild."

"Hhm. How good are you at alien genetics?"

"I am an expert in molecular biochemistry. I cannot create aliens within my own body, but I could create zygotes of any species whose genetic information I can study."

"And modifications to existing individuals?"

"I can do that, though there may be side effects in some species."

"Would that be a service you were willing to provide to your current treaty partners?"

"Modifying aliens is not taboo. If they are willing to have a member of the Spider Guild make modifications to them, I am happy to provide the service."

I nod. "I'll talk to Amalak about it. As for what you can do for me" I take another copy of my book out of subspace and hold it out to her. "This is a guide on how to be a successful Orange Lantern. I would be interested in talking to any of your people who can master it."

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  26. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

*Were they

Mr Zoat likes this.
  27. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Oh god... What a pickup line.

Ah, she has had some work done...

I'll bet.

Good lord...

Avoiding becoming a vassal to the others eh.

Geez, OL, how rude.

Interesting...

"Were they trying to recreate your whole species in your image?"

...I was on board one of the first wave of ships to arrive here."

An outcast, eh? Like many others in Vega.

Should be a question mark?

And all biologicallly. Very impresssive.

Hmm... Do I see a hook for recreating Kryptonians?

Another one? Geez, is this a check-in or a recruiting trip?

Well, some questions answered. And a few new ones...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  28. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

So they are a Trans-Spider Guild?

How does that mesh with their instinct to eat "intelligent live that isn't us". Wouldn't a certain degree of modification mean they might be registered as a different species? That could be rather disruptive to their society, Queeny is right in keeping this secret and low key.

29. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

Interesting.

She's got a code, I see.

Harsh, but there.

I think she'd make for an interesting Orange Lantern. Very unusual perspective.

30. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

I assume that's meant to be a "Were"

I can only imagine what those attendants are going to be adding to the local rumour mill when their shift ends... "The Orange Lantern was utterly shameless! Flirting with the queen as if we weren't even there!"