1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You almost had a point.

However checking the single employee file for the place you are looking at is literally the bare minimum a trained investigator would do.

mauke, Wild Transient and Zeushobbit like this.
  2. Lucidum

Lucidum Verifiably Bored

I'm fairly certain it's rather reasonable to assume the person in a secured storage facility saying they are who they are when only given a name, and being capable of seeing they're not lying on the emotional spectrum is a fairly good indicator that nothing is wrong, plus wasn't OL trying to cutback on hacking public databases?

3. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

Hindsight is 20/20. Paul made a perfectly reasonable assumption that would be correct 99% of the time.

But, fucking Gotham.

4. Massgamer

Massgamer I trust you know where the happy button is?

At least Paul understands why Batman works so hard at investigating, to get past mind fucks like this by crazy yet smart criminals.

5. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Why go after Gotham stuff if he has the Dial already? He can literally build better tech or other Dials.

Nope, this was... some low level shape changer.

6. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

...Vaermina kinda has a point here- i mean, he was a little off-balance, desire-fatigued,sure, but a quick request for his ring to check the police records/ a offhand name/identity check would have taken a few seconds and essentially minimal ability to focus-then again, this is prettymuch exactly what happens when you're frustrated/off-balance enough that you dont sleep/dont sleep well-you eventually slip into a state where you feel fine, but your PER essentially drops to 1-3...
    -has- he been overdoing things? i mean, the Ring's programmed to try and maintain his neurochemical balance within normal parameters, but....
    this feels like a genuine slipup on OL's part- gonna be interesting to see how quickly he eats the crow when talking to the others...

7. lefthandturnsignal

lefthandturnsignal Making the rounds.

Yes, checking the warded facilities records. So he need to find their servers and get physical access, so easy to do on the spot.

That said, OL should probably invest in non-ring computer access like Robin has

Lord Ernest, Vorian, Buggy123 and 3 others like this.
  8. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Nah.

What he really should do is just hunt down Vaermina-16, turn him into an orange construct, and then haul him around in his ring.

What I'm puzzled about is, I had thought that after "Orange" Enlightenment, OL didn't have motivational problems. I can't help but feel that he's getting worn out by all this a little too easily.

Well he IS still a human being, and people are not all knowing, all doing machines. As has been stated in the various chapters, it has been a rather long night, with OL getting quite fed up and tired of all this.

9. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

I mean, it's Joker. He's not known for rational actions or impulse control.

No, if it were a shape changer he would've looked 19 years old. No, my guess is that OL just met Killer Moth.

10. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

There is no Vaermina-16, there is a Vaermina-N, but Vaermina-N would completely curbstomp Paul and his entire lantern corp so it's probably for the best Paul never meets them.

11. Maxx Crowley

Makes perfect sense. If anyone's SI would be a pure Black Hole Gary Stu, it'd be yours.

Normally my mind would turn towards Clayface, but for obvious reasons I doubt that'd be the case.

Though...now wouldn't that be just the thing. If it was Clayface trying to lowkey help OL, but throwing everything off instead.

12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Vaermina-N isn't my SI, or any character I wrote. :p

alid610 likes this.
  13. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

Are you seriously saying that a single Daedric Prince would be able to defeat an entire Lantern Corps? Unless the fight took place in Quagmire
    I strongly doubt that. Their domain isn't even that suited to combat.

14. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Hell, the Spell-Eater should make it a pretty quick win for Paul, let alone mage-slayers

15. Aeess

I wouldn't go that far, Daedric princes are still gods after all. While I think he could eventually kill them, it would probably be quite a bit harder.

alid610 likes this.
  16. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

The ability to steal the memory of anything that exists without any limit is kind of broken like that.

Repeat after me, Magicka is not Mana.

Also the power of Et'Ada doesn't come from using Magicka, but from their ability to alter reality.

alid610 likes this.
  17. Aeess

I am pretty sure that as Daedric prince of Dreams and Nightmares that only works on sleeping people, and Lanterns dont need sleep.

Ardy likes this.
  18. Ardy

And if Vaermina has that power without limit then I’d be worried, but if he did he’d then he’d rule everywhere already and never lose to the other gods or mortal champions so.....

Not to mention that Malthusians and the Anti-Monitor armor can alter reality too, and Paul can beat both.

Look Vaermina, real talk. I get it. Paul is handsome, sexy, powerful, and unattainable. You have to have some way to cope with this, and so you try and tear him down. It’s a natural reaction, especially because Zoat lives within 100 miles of a school zone and so is also out of reach. But that means you have to keep moving, not stay trapped on him. It’s okay, once you accept yourself, you can move on...

19. Maxx Crowley

I beat the Daedric prince of Order's face in with a regular Warhammer.

I think OL can handle it.

Jormuungaand, Vorian and Ardy like this.
  20. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Okay, whow, too much. Debating is fine but this isn't.

21. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Nope, that's a limit you personally just assigned to it's power. When in the setting itself there is none.

Remember, every single Et'Ada is "universe creator god" level.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  22. alid610

alid610 Light of the Revolution

Moving swifty along.

Clayface likley has muted emotions making him seem like a bored employee. And with fatigue and warded files it can be that OL is tricked. Also Ol is not an investigator or a detective. Those are not his skills so it makes sense he was tricked. He has a hacking tool and data cruncher with magic as kryptonite. Ol was here to do the comparatively menial job of manually checking for a magic item so it makes sense why this out from the left field. Especially since he isn't used to Gotham.

Cuchulin likes this.
  23. Aeess

That limit is assigned by us only hearing about it in that context, unless you show me some source where they take the memories of someone awake in a way not preventable my mortals.
    No they arent, at least not in the way you're implying, their power are finite and they loose power after performing creation.

The closest comparison would be the first of the fallen who had hell grow around him, but in this case that would have cost him a decent part of his power.

Bramble Thorn and Ardy like this.
  24. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

This whole thing with Paul getting bamboozled is super amusing given how just a few episodes back he was holding his nose up at Talia. :D

bob greene likes this.
  25. Maxx Crowley

Part of me thinks it would have to be a second Clayface.

Because unless the first one has completely forgotten what OL did to him (Blasted him all to hell and then dumped him on another planet) I can't see him wanting to stir up that hornet's nest again.

Although it would be funny if said watchman was Clayface...and he spent the entire time just freaking out internally and trying to figure out a way to run the fuck away.

26. Ardy

We dealt with the first clayface a while back, he’s using the dials to turn human for 3 hours a day and getting research on how to turn back permanently in exchange for turning himself in

Cuchulin, Vorian and infinityDivided like this.
  27. Shotiegun11

Shotiegun11 Know what you're doing yet?

Well this is the...third time? Or more?

Truggs as a lawyer, Demon matron at the massage parlor, and now Charlie.

I really hope this will wake the SI up and make his paranoia flair up so that he fully scans every person he talks to from now on. I don't care if other people would find it invasive.

Invasion of privacy? Unnecessary? I wouldn't care anymore after this happened a third time.

Also, people saying Batman or Talia would have caught it? No. Maybe if they were only doing one or two investigations a night and had the time. But compared to the amount of criminals the SI has brought in in a single night they pale in comparison.

Bramble Thorn, Cuchulin, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  28. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

And then people start printing Scry wards on every bit of produced clothing.

Ardy likes this.
  29. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

That in itself is a massive red flag that says, “I have something to hide.”

They might just be a normal person overly concerned about their privacy, but in OL’s line of work? With his past experiences? Incredibly fucking suspicious.

30. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Not really, because every shirt made will have one printed on it at the factory.

Hence the "every".