1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Orks having balls was more of a Rogue Trader era thing. I actually don't mind the spore reproduction system later editions gave them.
    The original intent was for the Brain Boys to be the ones creating anything radically new. Oddboys are perfectly capable of developing new things within their field, they just get a built in education. Mutation is what leads to Madboys.

2. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

I kind of hope pictures of this field trip leak to the news media, either intentionally or not.

It's going to be interesting seeing what happens as a result of these shenanigans.

3. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Yeah, best to be very careful.

Surprised interplanetary range isn't an issue. Some manner of Quantum Entanglement link, perhaps?

Surprised you didn't take the opportunity to pull out a pic of 'Joan Jones' from that one issue of... JLI, wasn't it?

"This isn't my first time away from Zerox.

And Sinestro-Ring continues to be best AI. The lovely snark returns.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  4. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

The Imperium is wrong about a lot of things... This surprises you? o_O

5. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

You know this reminds me of a little spoof I imagined.

Gravy of Earth-12 sending his daughter to the Academy of Super-Heroes of Dean Egghead.

"Dear Dad,

This has been a slow week.

Miss Pink was possessed by the White Light Entity, went insane, and died, but Mr Basilisk says she just does that to get attention.

Mr Icarus came back as a technorganic emissary of the planet Technis, so it turns out he's not dead this time either, but now he's an alien robot.

And we had our career fair. The demon worshipping magical ninja cultists were really pushy, but I think Space Pirate has lots of room for growth.

Love,
    Lynne"

Or maybe it's just me, but the idea of Lynne going to DC's School for Gifted Youngsters spoof amuses me.

6. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

Awwwwwwww
    This makes me sad.
    Grayven get off your stony ass and fix this.

erebus1994 and nobodez like this.
  7. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Are they able to add to their genetic database when they develop something new?

fappingtoyourpost likes this.
  8. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

You say 'Lilith Clay', I think Girl Genius...

Ceph and nobodez like this.
  9. Mr Zoat

That's why Jean is accompanying the group.
    J'oan J'onzz doesn't look like J'onn J'onzz in drag. I think hanging around with female superheroes have given him a distorted view of what human women usually look like.
    Thank you, corrected.
    They've never been alive during the 40K 'now', so it's impossible to say.

10. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, like a network router, holding the Mars group in a miniature collective. It'll make for quite the download once they return ;)

Never mind the fashion sense, either... :p

11. Queshire

Huh? What do you mean? Are you referring to the people who made the Orks? I was asking about the Orks on their own.

12. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Warhammer 40k in a nutcase.

Ardy, Vorian and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  13. Belenus

Belenus Versed in the lewd.

While the saying is usually "nutshell", nutcase works in this instance.

14. Mr Zoat

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood.

In theory, Orks are just as capable of modifying themselves as anyone else. The problem is that they aren't really inclined to study biology. Mekaniks are mechanical engineers and Runtherdz are more like farmers or labour gang bosses. The few who are scientifically inclined usually don't go into pure biotech. There doesn't appear to be a natural mechanism for rewrites, though.

15. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

That's a feature, not a bug, considering they fight daemons.

Plys plants and fungi tend to evolve quite fast.

And Zoat please use a darker tone of yellow.

Navi-Hank and Ardy like this.
  16. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

i mean, you kinda have a point-
    half the reason the imperium fell (his inhuman psychology/pathetic lack of social skills without the crutch of his psyker abilitiesaside) was the Emperor approached the problem of the warp in ENTIRELY the wrong direction (as if the Choas Gods were another mundane, if powerful enemy that was POSSIBLE to destroy without going full pre-retcon Necron),
    due to his guesswork about its nature/power source being SPECTACULARLY off-base- even before the decay set in, they were building their knowledge on a flawed base- misreading the nature/effects of the Warrgh collective/Ork psykers function would be completely believeable for whoever in the Ordos Xenos originally wrote those reports.

from an outta universe perspective, it doesnt help a LOT of things have been changed/retconned over the years, and updates to a lot of info in newer editions are..patchy at the best of times even when...the Wardian one isnt wrecking havoc- there's entire Armies that havent had non-homebrewd rules under the current mechanics anymore for multiple editions/ a good chunk of a decade, and they keep going back and forth on wither or not any of the Squats survived the Great Nomming..

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Navi-Hank and Bramble Thorn like this.
  17. Mr Zoat

Okay! Okay. I realise that I'm as much to blame as anyone, but this isn't 40K General. If we could please brings things back to either the story or at least DC General, that would be great.

18. Queshire

Darn, I was just about to reply about the 40k stuff too.

19. Mr Zoat

The General Forum is right there.

20. B.B. Rain

B.B. Rain I trust you know where the happy button is?

Is having the names & corresponding links reversed a mistake, a joke, or a hint that Grayven's missing something?

Prince Charon and Mr Zoat like this.
  21. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  22. WaleXdraK

WaleXdraK Not too sore, are you?

Am’i the only one who can’t read that without going blind? that yellow is intense.

23. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ah, heck. It's been forty pages, might as well repeat the PSA since people probably aren't going to be reading from the start of the discussion:

PSA
    Unlike the old location of WTR, Questionable Questing uses a dark-text-on-light-background text scheme by default. Unfortunately, WTR was colored for a light-on-dark text scheme like SV or Spacebattles' defaults. As a result, most colored text has poor contrast that makes it difficult and unpleasant to read.

To switch to light-on-dark and make the background more readable, hover over your username at the top of the page, like seen here:
    [​IMG]

Click "preferences":

[​IMG]

Pick a new color scheme as desired by clicking this drop down list, and clicking a option (I think I prefer 'Flexile Dark', but just about anything with 'dark' in the name works fine):

[​IMG]

And finally, hit "Save Changes" at the bottom to finish it:

[​IMG]

This will lock in the changes, and you can go and change it again at any time if you'd like. Enjoy having a color balance more suited to the Emotional Spectrum!

END PSA

24. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

can't you just scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the style option there? I suppose I haven't played around enough to know if it's not permanent or whatever but it'd cut a step or two out

Navi-Hank, Prince Charon and Ardy like this.
  25. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I wasn't aware of that being a option actually. That might work, or you might be right and it'd only be temporary.

26. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

have to admit, it was a pretty nice little tangent- no scream
    you know, if the design's practical for serial production, i could see these Vac suits being quite useful as a product/ long-term passive influence-spreading tool.

prove to the average spacer that it really IS idiot proof and reliable,so much so that Even Tourists/passangers cant screw up putting one on, and there's be a queue several AU's long lining up to replace all their Emergency/General use suits, and as long as the marketing was right, it'd spread the Corps's/Grayvern's name/reputation out there positively across known space with minimal effort.

basically, its the kind of essential item EVERYONE working in death pressure would want- from ground-to-orbit shuttle runs, low to high orbit, asteroid mining or naval use- literally EVERYONE who isnt full-time planetside would be potential buyers

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Navi-Hank and Bramble Thorn like this.
  27. Sordid Snake

Sordid Snake (Verified Viper)

So... Imra Arden, aka Saturn Girl from Legion of Super Heroes, is she under cover in the 21th century using her own name (and Reep Daggle pretending to be her dad, or is that Brainiac 5 in a holographic disguise?), or is she open with the "Hi! I'm a telepath from the future!"?

From the LSH perspective they should be able to use their own names since nobody will know who they are for another thousand years. And if B5 notices Grayven noticing (Has Grayven noticed?) his twelvth level intellect will probably logically deduce that Grayven is involved in time travel shenanigans, not that Grayven read it in a comic book...

28. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yeah, but Grayven doesn't need space money. He has Apokolips tech, which can be completely post-scarcity if he really puts his back into it. He needs very specific groups to help him, and those generally don't need spacesuits.

29. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I wonder if them showing up will cause Grayven to start cursing Destiny for not letting him really change things?

30. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

The Legionnaires don't necessarily come from the future of Earth-16.

In the comics there were three iterations of the LoSH.

The originals who are still around, so unless one believes that the pre-crisis Earth had the exact same future as the post-flashpoint Earth, something is wonky there.

The reboot Legion that was revealed to live in the future of Earth-247.

And the third iteration, which is from Earth Prime, ie our Earth.

So New Earth present interacted with three LoSH, two of them from other universes, and a third that has a multiple choice past.