1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

'of'?
    'That'?
    missing 'to'?

I did like this viewpoint for the story - in far too few stories, in general, do we get a look like this. The willingness to learn and change (at least partly OL influence) is interesting.

2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

What happened to Devilance after the renegade beat him, he wasn't in that episode where the renegade went to apokolyps, and what is Kanto 50 planning on doing aside from catching up with his old love, will he maybe become a government assasin?

Prince Charon likes this.
  4. WargWolf

WargWolf Giver of successor chapters

Shouldn't it be "built"? Or "built by"?

5. Radiant Knight

Radiant Knight Phoenix Fire

Mr Zoat Outmanoeuvre is a britishism. As Atom is american, he would probably use Outmaneuver.

Ardy, Mr Zoat and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  6. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Something about this reminds me of a dragonfly's head...
    [​IMG]
    Honestly, sometimes I just live to make you guys suffer.
    It's not a spite thing. I just need to share my pain.

Which waifu: Teela, the Sorceress, or Evil-lyn?
    Offhand, the only one of Skeletor's minions who had actual ambitions beyond mookdom was Evil-lyn. She wanted to take over from Skeletor. Most of the villain-of-the week randos were trying the basic kingdom/world domination package.
    I suspect Zeus plans on killing OL. It's not just that he got Hera to ditch him, it's that he's been going around reviving the popularity of other Olympians besides him.

jonasquinn, Vorian and Ardy like this.
  7. Navi-Hank

Navi-Hank An engine fuled by spite

Build should be built

Cuchulin likes this.
  8. Mr Zoat

The Renegade doesn't know or care.
    He wouldn't lower himself to work for an Earth government. But he might open a training program.
    Thank you, corrected.

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Sockmonkey OL isn't reviving worship in Zeus because they don't technically need him seeing as they have weather control machines. Hephaestus and Vulcan on the other hand are contributing to the advancement of society with their skill and knowledge in divine forging and Melinoe could potentially help a great deal in the psychiatric community as Harley said that her powers to enduce temporary madness can be a great boon. Though there is a small chance that he doesn't like Zeus that much because he seemed upset that Zeus didn't do anything with the angels.

Gantradies, Vorian and Cuchulin like this.
  10. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

The new Netflix She-Ra series has plenty of villains with plans that make sense and mental flaws that are understandable. Like, they’re insane and evil, but you can sympathize. For example, Catra grew up trained to blame everything on Adora, so when she does something really evil - like almost destroy the world, she still blames Adora for failing to stop her. She literally is incapable of taking responsibility for her actions.

Vorian and Cuchulin like this.
  11. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

A common theme in Greek mythology has been the Gods/Titans/Primordials being overthrown by the next generation.

Titan Cronus overthrew his own father, Uranus who was in turn overthrown by Zeus. Really they are overdo for a change.

Vorian, Ardy, Cuchulin and 1 other person like this.
  12. rdfox

rdfox Know what you're doing yet?

Mr. Atom needs to visit the Chernobyl sarcophagus sometime. In 1991, black fungi were found growing within it that are not merely radioresistant, but actually feed on gamma radiation through a variation of the photosynthesis by which plants feed on visible light photons. As Ian Malcolm put it, "Life will find a way."

13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey Zoat will the SI help the villains achieve their aims in a sane manner this April Fools episode, or will he help the heroes?
    Like if is sent to the She-Ra universe will he help Adora with her issues with Catra?
    So will he help the heroes?
    Will he help the villains?
    Will he help both in the diffrent crossplanar excursions?

14. Mr Zoat

Ah. You didn't get the memo or read the episode title.

It's ponies all the way down.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I know that episode 94 is going to be in equestria, but do you mean that that will be on april 1st in this fics timeline?
    And i also want to mention that i was serious when i asked if someone could write a christmas song for Yellow Lantern Paul.

16. zerofarad

zerofarad Know what you're doing yet?

I love him (Mister Atom) too. This is becoming my favorite episode of this story.

dogbertcarroll and Ardy like this.
  17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Please be prepared for a ton of questions. I apologise in advance but i just had a sudden brainstorm and had to write this down before i forgot. Any and all answers given are greatly appreciated.
    Does Hades have some type of black enlightenment because of his black quote marks and when he opened the gate to allow those alien souls to enter his realm you described his activation in darker letters, like the ones you use when someone is depressed or suicidal?
    Do Melinoe, Dark Druid(though i can't remember if this character had black quote marks or was using a black ring without being enlightened) Darkseid also have black enlightenment?
    Can the other enlightened lanterns(Talbot and Guy) enter their version of the Honden, assuming that something like that exists for their particular emotional spectrums?
    Can people who have achieved enlightenment enter the honden of whatever emotion they achieved enlightenment of without a power ring, or do they have to have one or simply use magic?
    Would it have been in Siskins ability to do so, travel through the yellow honden or whatever it is called if it exists, if he wasn't killed by Nabu, seeing as he was a fear elemental and achieved enlightenment?
    Could Dr Mist potentially forge a white ring? You said that in this fic it requires great spiritual discipline and knowledge. Seeing as Mist has white enlightenment and is a millenia old sorcerer, like Atrocitus which you mentioned will have red enlightenment and is himself an ancients sorcerer, would he be able to make a ring if he tried and can he also travel through the white honden, again if it exists?
    Did Dr Mist merge with the White Entity when he was granted immortality or did it simply grant him immortality without merging with him?
    Can Guy see the emotions of others even without the ring, or is that only something that the SI can do because his experience with an entity was rather unique due to his then lack of a soul and now posesion of the Ophidians heart as his soul. Can Talbot see the emotions of others without his ring, because i was wondering how he differs in comparison to the previously mentioned enlightens and i remembered that he got red enlightenment when he found out about the British government and all their depraved shit, in comparison to the others who basically had contact with their entities, except for Siskin who just subsumed Terror Thing, and would someone that gains enlightenment without a ring be able to see the emotions of others?
    Can people, without using power rings, merge with entities if they are in an emotional state like OL was when he merged with the Ophidian?
    Are enlightened people immune or at least greatly resistant too Anti-Life, because Paul doesn't seem to be affected at all when he was exposed to it in that work camp and by that cultist woman and Mist said that the Anti-Life doesn't affect him and only suffered some minor burns on his fingers when he examined that cultist that possesed a piece of the Anti-Life?
    If you still plan to have the member of the paragon OLC try and forge that red ring that they need to gain access to the white light then then will it be to fight the black light or the Anti-life like the New Gods tried to do in the Godhead comics.?
    Are you planning on introducing characters that have each achieved a type of enlightenment in your story?

NightmareWarden and Cuchulin like this.
  18. Mr Zoat

Yes.
    Sort of.
    Guy already did that for his m'eelam na'aquall. Talbot could learn to but probably wouldn't want to.
    If would be difficult, but in theory anyone could.
    In theory. He didn't know how to, though.
    Yes, but that would involve drawing attention to the Life Entity. Also, Dr Balewa doesn't like using his powers in that sort of way.
    It didn't grant him anything. He was changed by seeing it and mimicking some small part of how it worked.
    Holy run on sentence Batman.

Both are somewhat more sensitive to the emotions of others than they used to be. Talbot mostly ignores it.
    In theory, just about anyone can. It doesn't happen much, though.
    They're usually resistant to anti-life fragments. Nothing is immune to the whole thing.
    I DON'T REMEMBER THAT HAPPENING.
    I have no specific plan to do that.

19. Lifelink

Lifelink Every flavor in a poke-cup

Zeus, like his father, got a prophecy where his child will one day end up usurping his position as well IIRC.

Cuchulin and DrThoth like this.
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I DON'T REMEMBER THAT HAPPENING.
    Ha ha, of course you do, you mentioned, during that episode where the league went to Apokalyps, a New God that was a member of the Council of Eight, a team of New Genesis greatest warriors introduced in Godhead:D
    But seriously,your dislike of new 52 comics aside, what will they need the white light for if not to fight the black light or the Anti-Life?
    And if Hades has black enlightenment then does that mean he could utilise a piece of the Anti-Life?
    Speaking of Anti-Life, are you planning on introducing Empress?
    I remember that you mentioned her when Batman was telling OL about the Alliance of the Just, but will she have a speaking role in the story and does she have that fragment of Anti-Life like in the comics?
    And so Guy and Talbot dont't have the level of empathy the SI does, but are more intuned to what other people are feeling.
    Will we see Guy perform some kind of green light technique that he has been studying?
    If the Zamarons do create their own corps, then will the SI try to nominate Karras? That is if he even remembers thinking that he may be more of a fit for the violet rather than the orange light and if whatever criteria the Zamarons and Carol -14 use to determine who is good for violet rings will allow Karras to qualify.
    So far OL,either through his own actions or the actions of others that wouldn't have done things were it not for his actions. has screwed over these members of the Light: Ras(dead), Orm(dead),Bee(dead), Satanus(imprisoned), Savage(probably still alive but was brutally killed by Adom, and with the whole time travel nonsense was vaporised by Mandated SI), Klarion(dead).
    I listed the above members in the hopes that you will tell us what year he will screw over another member of the Light in a way that either leaves them dead or horribly ruined. So will you tell us waht year he will screw over another member, and would you be so kind as to leave a hint or two of who it could be?
    Speaking of Satanus, after the league arrested him and sent him to Belle Revve, Mammon took on his form to fool the guys subordinates and infiltrate the Light.
    I was wondering if the Light knows its not Satanus but still consider Mammon a useful member, was OL trying to cover up their arrest of Satanus so that Mammon can infiltrate the Light and spy for OL and is Mammon still on the Light after that whole angel thing in heaven where he revealed to the angels who he really was?
    Will we be seeing Boss Smiley again?
    Given what Georgia is up to it would be an interesting thing to see if he really is responsible for slowing down earths progress for his own amusement.
    Also i finally discovered something very interesting about John Quinn. In the comics Constantines mothers maiden name was Quinn. This could either mean that the new Fate is a relative of John, the Golden Boy, who uses his mothers maiden name, or just some guy that happens to have a name that could be quite common and not have any blood or familial ties to our favourite laughing magician.
    Will you be bringing chaos lord John back in the story?
    Did the renegade give Green Arrow a full divine awekening or did he simply improve his metaphysique?

21. Mr Zoat

Bringing people back from the dead entirely safely?

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Bringing people back from the dead entirely safely?
    Thanks for answering that.
    I edited that and added several other questions while you answered why they need the white light.
    Could you check them out and maybe answer them if you could?
    Again sorry for so many questions i just try to write them in case i forget them.

23. Mr Zoat

THE FACT THAT HE WASN'T MENTIONED BY NAME DOESN'T MEAN THAT HE WASN'T THERE.
    No.
    Anyone can. Most just don't want to.
    Yes.
    Something like that.
    No, I'm just putting that in to tease people.
    He might suggest him. So far they're doing a one person trial.
    At this point they've learned to stay away.
    No, the Light knew that Colin Thornton had been arrested. It was in the news. He took Satanus' form to take his resources in Hell.
    Yes.
    He never left.
    That's what it is.

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

THE FACT THAT HE WASN'T MENTIONED BY NAME DOESN'T MEAN THAT HE WASN'T THERE.
    That seems really weak for a defence, no offence intended.
    No
    Come now we all have to let go of our grudges some day or they will enevitably hurt us.
    He never left.
    I know that, what i was asking was if he will meet with the SI again and play an active part in the story again?

25. Mr Zoat

Yes.

Look, I think I'm being a sport here, but that red wavy line? That means that the word isn't being spelled correctly. And you didn't even use quote tags there.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Right sorry.

27. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Not even the life entity?

28. Mr Zoat

Nope.

29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So even the embodiment of life itself could potentially fall before the full power of Anti-Life.
    Huh.
    That is...concerning.
    Earlier, like probably several years ago, you mentioned that Darkseid could defeat the Ophidian with the right piece of the equation.
    My question is:
    Does he have the piece which can be used to defeat the Ophidian, or really any piece that could beat any of the Emotional Entities?
    Does he need a specific piece to defeat a certain Entity or is it something that could be done with just a single piece?
    Could Nekron even be defeated using the equation, considering he, as the Entity of the black light, is basically the personification of suicidal thought patterns, losing the will, desire, hope etc. to live and overall being nihilism taken up to a hundred and eleven, and the equation seems to sap its victims of well everything that makes them something that you would consider alive, at least in the sense of possessing emotions, instead of being meat-robots, or is he,if not completely, then more resistant to its effects than any other creature in the universe, including the Life Entity?
    Is Empress going to show up in renegades or paragons storyline, or will she show up in both?

30. Mr Zoat

Certain pieces would affect them more than others. He'd need several. The SI doesn't know exactly what he has.
    Nekron would be hard to affect, but ultimately Nekron still values things and tries to achieve things.
    SI.

Well done on the spelling. I appreciate the effort. We'll work on paragraphs.