• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Gravy knows exactly how much of a dick he's being.

That's the entire point.
Yes, but he feels no remorse.

One the main things about him is that he loves being an asshole.

So I hope he actually gains some empathy and feels bad for being so shitty.

It's probably not gonna happen if Zoat sees nothing wrong with his character acting like that but I can still hope.

Well here's the thing.

He's generally an asshole for a reason. Now wether you agree with him that the reason is sufficient or not is obviously up for debate. But for him to regret something like that he'd have to have either changed his mind about the value of the goal, or done more damage than he intended.

This seems unlikely to happen here. Both because he values the goal so highly, and because he's being very precise and controlled about things.

While it's certain that he is doing these things to make people comply with his desires, he's neither breaking the law (unless he did in fact dine and dash), blowing up trivial incidents, or fabricating events. These are legitimate concerns. While his motives are tainted, he's doing something that probably should have been done earlier to prevent exactly this form of attack.

It'd be amusing if the girls still refused to hit him with the elements of harmony, stating that he's still not being evil, he's just 'showing them the errors of their way, so they can change for the better.'

And then Rainbow Dash blows him a raspberry.

"Whaw, Princess Luna has terrible taste in stallions."
I presume that this line is said by one of the guards? The way I read it, it could be also Pinkie. It's kinda ambiguous.

I read one fanfic where the Hearth's Warming tale was complete nonsense. What actually happened was that when the three tribes arrived they saw a thriving and prosperous Diamond Dog nation and were so viscerally disgusted that they carried out a campaign of extermination against them.

Twilight found out and covered it up.
Huh. Mind sharing a link to that?

Well here's the thing.

He's generally an asshole for a reason. Now wether you agree with him that the reason is sufficient or not is obviously up for debate. But for him to regret something like that he'd have to have either changed his mind about the value of the goal, or done more damage than he intended.

This seems unlikely to happen here. Both because he values the goal so highly, and because he's being very precise and controlled about things.

While it's certain that he is doing these things to make people comply with his desires, he's neither breaking the law (unless he did in fact dine and dash), blowing up trivial incidents, or fabricating events. These are legitimate concerns. While his motives are tainted, he's doing something that probably should have been done earlier to prevent exactly this form of attack.
The way I see it, if you have the power to do something, and Grayven has a lot of power, resources and information, then there's always multiple options of reaching a goal.

It's like, imagine you had super speed.
You see someone about to be run over by a truck.
You can save them easily without any damage.
But rather than moving them out of the way, you kick them with enough strenght to break some bones.
Now, you could argue that you saved the person, and without you doing so they would have died.
But when you have that many options and you constantly choose the hurtful, cruel and sadistic choices, then there's no excuse.

With great power there might not be inherent responsability, but it does give you more options.
And you become more acountable by the results, method and consecuences.
Because we know for a fact that Grayven could do better.

Honestly Grayven is just lucky these agencies assigned idiots to his complaints.

Because anyone with two brain-cells to rub together would have seen the names, noticed the connection to Luna/Celestia, and then misfiled his complaints somewhere they would never have been found.
I assume he just went to place after place until one looked like it took it seriously. Alternately, since ponies have their cutie marks (a magic mark outright telling them they should uphold the law or ensure proper education for children, or make sure that the sun stays on fire or something) they aren't quite as cowed by the monarchy like that, since they know that they'll work in that feild anyway. Their qualifications are tattooed to their flanks, after all.

So because the absolute and only leader (at the time) of the nation made a mistake and didn't actually have the rights to give Ponyville that land, Rarity is the one that would be charged? Not Ponyville for falsely representing that they own the land? And I can see a corrupt ruler passing the buck but wouldn't Princess Celestia also be more responsible?

Ah, that's it isn't it. Grayven is doing things that won't permanently fuck up their lives when it comes to light.

... im...trying to remember...
did he try requesting urgent assistance with the whole "horrific, soul-destroying chunk of dark magic lodged in his soul thing" with the context that it was goign to slowly eat his mind/soul when the wards finally broke- with emphasis on the "fate worse then death" angle before jumping to faux-Cackling?

im..trying to remember if RenPaul actually CLARIFIED that it was a genuinely urgent/life and death issue (as well as the fact that the "curse" is contagious by word/thought,and he'd become a vector capable of unwillingly/uncontrollably soul-mutilating..well... EVERYONE if it breaks free) and not just something like a mild/lingering jinx/curse/something reversible with no lingering effects like what happened to Luna- ive been sleep deprived, again the last while >.<

im not sure if he's doing the SAME FUCKING thing that originally GOT him stuck with a chunk of the ALE embedded in his soul (playing the villain to mess with people without thinking of the consequences), or my memory is skipping something....

... im...trying to remember...
did he try requesting urgent assistance with the whole "horrific, soul-destroying chunk of dark magic lodged in his soul thing" with the context that it was goign to slowly eat his mind/soul when the wards finally broke- with emphasis on the "fate worse then death" angle before jumping to faux-Cackling?

im..trying to remember if RenPaul actually CLARIFIED that it was a genuinely urgent/life and death issue (as well as the fact that the "curse" is contagious by word/thought,and he'd become a vector capable of unwillingly/uncontrollably soul-mutilating..well... EVERYONE if it breaks free) and not just something like a mild/lingering jinx/curse/something reversible with no lingering effects like what happened to Luna- ive been sleep deprived, again the last while >.<

im not sure if he's doing the SAME FUCKING thing that originally GOT him stuck with a chunk of the ALE embedded in his soul (playing the villain to mess with people without thinking of the consequences), or my memory is skipping something....

He did explain, but the mlp cast considered discord seeds to be more dangerous.

It's fairly likely Grayven big words explanation went over their heads, and since they expect him to leave if he can't be cured then what he does in the future is unlikely to be their problem, and technically Grayven won't die, he is slowly turning more and more evil and nihilistic... Eventually he will become another Darkseid... I guess he could die if he kills himself to escape such a fate, but as it has been stated the anti-life has integrated with his soul.

Yeah telling them that it would slowly destroy him on a spiritual and emotional level from which no one can recover leaving most people brain dead and the ones who aren't brain dead being people you want to stay away from and that he could spread it to others, or hell even that his father can harvest it again in the future only now the means they used to contain it the first time won't work.

"This place is really good. Most restaurants in Canterlot are totally overpriced."

Swooping Strike -the bat pony- snorts in agreement. "And the food's terrible."

I frown. "How to they do that? Wouldn't the cooks' special talents mean they.. just knew when they were doing that?"

Hidden Presence -the unicorn- shakes his head. "Only if they were making a mess of things by accident. If they were actually trying to make cardboard, then… Cardboard's what they'd get. And since the restaurant manager probably has a coin pouch on their rump…"

"Canterlot ponies like cardboard? I'd have thought that there'd be more variety than that."

Street and Swooping look at Hidden.

"What? Hey, include me out. Why do you think I always eat in the mess? Just.. herd psychology, I guess. Everypony knows that's what restaurants are supposed to serve, so that's what everypony expects. Though I guess 'following the herd' isn't really an alicorn thing."
Actually, it's because Zesty Gourmand is the ponified blend of Anton Ego and Dolores Umbridge.

You know... I can't help but feel that Grayven is forgetting rule 0 of actual monarchies.

IE that the rulers are the final arbiters of all laws.

Grayven doesn't want to cause them permanent damage, he wants to annoy and irritate them enough so that they'll blast him with the friendship cannon to make him go away. Embarrassing them with bureaucracy and legal issues is just Step One, not a goal in and of itself; given the time differential he's got plenty of time to try more things.

And hey, if it doesn't work, if they're still refusing to shoot him after he trolls and pranks them for weeks on end, he can always cut out the shenanigans and start breaking things and attacking them. I mean, he threw down with Luna and had more difficulty reigning in his inner brony than actually fighting, so if he's seriously attacking they would very clearly need the friendship cannon to have a hope in hell of winning.

Because we know for a fact that Grayven could do better.

Grayven is kind of an asshole, news at 11.

Seriously though, he's got a bit of Anti-Life in him so his worse impulses are likely being magnified.

Huh, I guess the lack of tipping threw me off...

Actually, does pony culture tip? I think I remember donation jars...

Sigh, guess I better look that up.
Given that it's almost certain that the crate of bits he used to pay in advance was probably more than the actual bill, and he left without asking for change, the proprietor would take that as an implicit "keep the change" tip; if tipping is normal in pony culture, then it would likely be split up amongst those who would have received the tip, and if not, he'd probably keep it for himself.

'm not sure if this is modern American politics or not, but you know that America has a messed up tax system by design, right? In most countries it's a lot simpler. I doubt that Dash files her taxes so much as briefly grimaces at the PAYE deduction on her payslip.

Since this is before the whole "Ruin the weather because Rainbow Dash shouldn't have a turtle as a pet" thing, Rainbow Dash actually has not done anything illegal.

Heck she even pays every time she breaks something. And she didn't falsify her school records or something.

At most you can get her for being lazy at work. But most of the time the rest of the weather team doesn't do their darn job. So you have Rainbow Dash actually doing more work that she is paid to do.

So she is actually being underpaid.

Since this is before the whole "Ruin the weather because Rainbow Dash shouldn't have a turtle as a pet" thing, Rainbow Dash actually has not done anything illegal.

Heck she even pays every time she breaks something. And she didn't falsify her school records or something.

At most you can get her for being lazy at work. But most of the time the rest of the weather team doesn't do their darn job. So you have Rainbow Dash actually doing more work that she is paid to do.

So you're saying she's working for less than she should while doing a bunch of work when her leader coworkers don't do anything?

She's a damn dirty scab!

So you're saying she's working for less than she should while doing a bunch of work when her leader coworkers don't do anything?

She's a damn dirty scab!

That would explain why she ends napping all the time.

It is possible the Weather Team is a contract work, meaning you only get paid if you do it. And since Rainbow Dash never finished her schooling, that's the best she could get.

And considering her constant crashes, she might need to overwork to pay her medical bills. And she is too darn proud to say anything to her friends.

It's that true?

I know Dash is a fan favorite and important character (there was a flood of YouTube videos with her, so I assume she is a fan favorite), but considering how her personality comes across I would have guessed she is some sort of hooligan, heck if you had asked me to rank them in accordance to my perception of who would be the most 'naughty' as of yesterday I would had ranked dash as second or third place.

That would explain why she ends napping all the time.

It is possible the Weather Team is a contract work, meaning you only get paid if you do it. And since Rainbow Dash never finished her schooling, that's the best she could get.

And considering her constant crashes, she might need to overwork to pay her medical bills. And she is too darn proud to say anything to her friends.
It also involves professional flying which helps her exercise constantly to aid her in her Wonderbolts application.

As far as I remember, the one time Dash ended up in hospital it was implied that it wasn't a frequent thing.

Zoat are you going to write a future April fools episode in the Anite Blake universe?
I think you said something about the renegade helping a anti undead Christian group in hunting vampires and releasing information on them to society

kinda an evil smile you're doing ?"
Extra space before ?

the area this dossier alleges that you prospect it isn't part of Ponyville
Remove "it"

The Diamond Dog pack who live near Ponyville
Ponies speak American English (unless you're going to argue that point) so "lives"

I'm not sure if this is modern American politics or not, but you know that America has a messed up tax system by design, right?
It's BARELY clear of being counted as "modern" because the IRS was one of the earliest adopters of computing technology -- it's been 40-50 years since the shift started. The design made sense when it was implemented but it doesn't anymore. Now, there are updates to the story that WOULD be considered modern, so I'll just leave it at that.

As someone who has deliberately stayed away from MLP cannon and fanfic, I find myself very surprised by how much I'm enjoying this.
I've stayed away from canon, but when one of my favorite authors started writing MLP fanfic I didn't stop reading her work. There's a lot of really good fanfic out there; odds are that some of it is better than canon, although of course I don't really have a point of comparison.

Actually, it's because Zesty Gourmand is the ponified blend of Anton Ego
That's not quite fair. Anton Ego was a jerk, to be sure, but even before the events of the movie he knew how to recognize good food. He wouldn't be as respected as he was if he didn't acknowledge when cuisine was worthy.

Zoat are you going to write a future April fools episode in the Anite Blake universe?
I think you said something about the renegade helping a anti undead Christian group in hunting vampires and releasing information on them to society
Probably not, but who knows? At the moment I'm thinking about the Renegade in the Laundry setting.
Extra space before ?
Remove "it"
Thank you, corrected.
Ponies speak American English (unless you're going to argue that point) so "lives"
As established, Sunset had to learn English. Originally she could only speak to the Renegade because his ring was translating.
That's not quite fair. Anton Ego was a jerk, to be sure, but even before the events of the movie he knew how to recognize good food. He wouldn't be as respected as he was if he didn't acknowledge when cuisine was worthy.
Zesty Gourmand isn't interested in good food, merely in what is fashionable. Cardboard is fashionable, so she evaluates the restaurant's ability to produce cardboard.

It also involves professional flying which helps her exercise constantly to aid her in her Wonderbolts application.

As far as I remember, the one time Dash ended up in hospital it was implied that it wasn't a frequent thing.

It was probably the first time in a while she got an injury that required her to stay in the hospital for days.

Still, since this is before she got a spot in the Wonderbolt reserves, is still true she is overworked and without real advancement prospects. And let's not forget how useless and jerkasses the Wonderbolts were until later seasons.

Ohhh that's how Grayven is gonna get Rainbow Dash. He is not gonna sue her, he is gonna show everyone how useless and corrupt the Wonderbolts are.

After all going legally after an overworked school drop out is not only lame but would be outright cruel.

But proving that Rainbow Dash's heroes are both corrupted and incompetent? Oh My!

It's that true?

I know Dash is a fan favorite and important character (there was a flood of YouTube videos with her, so I assume she is a fan favorite), but considering how her personality comes across I would have guessed she is some sort of hooligan, heck if you had asked me to rank them in accordance to my perception of who would be the most 'naughty' as of yesterday I would had ranked dash as second or third place.

Pinkie Pie is the number one problem is the group. She is a stalker, she won't leave you alone, her attempts to become friends with someone can sometimes end being almost abusive.

Heck of all the Mane Six, Pinkie Pie would be the easiest one to get arrested.

Rainbow Dash might be sometimes rude and crash into things, but she always takes responsibility and pays her debts. She also doesn't cheat or trick people, the closest she gets to be a pest is her pranks and she does listen if you tell her that she is going too far or that she should stop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back