1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Eight eight percent to go.

Eighty eight.

2. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Red? Tortured Teen Titan Go victim?

3. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

He got a soul? Good on raul! I wonder if Blackfire stole it for him as a wedding gift

4. Diraniola

Diraniola I trust you know where the happy button is?

No, the version banging backfire.

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'before the end' not 'before then end'

6. jonasquinn

jonasquinn I trust you know where the happy button is?

So the big multiverse storyline that's been teased for so long and our main character has been reduced to the role of gofer with no real combat ability as a result of narrative convenience

Thats not incredibly disappointing at all

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  7. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

I think that version was a joke for the most part, it probably does exist but I'm guessing this is the normal Teen Titans version.

Wild Transient, Darko and Cuchulin like this.
  8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Tried to look up earth 32 and it was that one where the characters are merged.

Martian Superman, Green Lantern Batman etc.

TP and RQ are probably using their own system of naming.

9. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

The Teen Titans Go Red Lantern is a joke that other posters made.

The actual Red Lantern Paul is in the Teen Titans verse that doesn't suck.

Ardy, PurpLexed, Lupercal and 9 others like this.
  10. Agumentic

Agumentic Not too sore, are you?

Leaving aside the whole "acquire an orange ring", Paul can and in fact already did use a violet one in combat without any inconvenience. He is most probably not at his peak, but I can't see where are you getting "no real combat ability" at all.

11. Citizen

Citizen Well worn.

Before 'the' end I think.

12. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

While Krona sits comfortably outside entropic causality, popping a science!-boner from all the data... Frigging typical of him.

Fascinating. And indicative of Krona's state of mind. 'Oh, someone familiar with the workings of this machinery? An inferior being to be confined and mocked.' Entirely in character.

So, busily building himself up to a climactic explosion of science, at the cost of the Multiverse's stability. Seriously, dude needs to get laid...

Channelling the power of Morpheus' Ruby (aka the Materioptikon) to power their technology? Interesting.

So, the next trip is one-way, unless they can find another way to travel the Bleed and the Continuum.

Because of course he knows her voice. Good to see him making no assumptions about her.

Time-travel, reality-fuckery, cross-dimension shit... See why Crises are such a pain?

That's quite the powerset. I'm guessing said alternates are comparatively short-lived, because entropy.

Remember, folks, Paul's not the only one running around with alternate selves here. Not least of which is the 'Sentinel' Jade, successor to Alan Scott.

Guessing she sensed the spike of Violet light. I can almost hear the deadpan chill in her voice. Probably thinking "Ugh, why a Star Sapphire?"

And presumably, doing so will give them the energy to make more jumps in the process...

Typical DC Crisis plot, then: Gather heroes, make macguffin machine, big fightscene until Comic Book Science! happens.

Because you know some realities won't survive this brouhaha.

And naturally, meeting him early is prime Bad End. Gorram Forced Stealth levels...

"I'll be holding you to that."

Ah, I see she's calmed down a little... Sapphire Crystals are basically the ultimate time-out tool, after all, even if the Zamarons use them stupidly.

I see he knows how to talk her language: The language of violence!

<Cough>Citadel<cough> Excuse me, frog in my throat.

Taking a big chance here, but presumably she's smart enough to realise killing Maul will just strand them here. And as far as she's concerned, 'here' is "Where the ficking Hell are we?"

Been a while since he's had to perform proper charge management procedures, huh? Another reason to have him without his usual gear.

I'm sure he'll likely get the chance. But not right away. That would be poor quest balance.

See, the issue there is assuming your world still exists. We don't know that.

No need to rush. Just watch your back, Crises tend to be hard on Supergirls and/or Superboys...

"You mission, should you choose to accept it..." cue Mission Impossible theme of your choice.

Ah, our dear homocidal bounty hunter, Raul, of the Teen Titans cartoon universe. This should be entertaining to watch...
    "Why do you have a violet ring? And how did you avoid the standard uniform?"
    "I'm be more interested in the whole 'red ring without being berserk' side of things."

Hmm, wonder if Raul has gotten Rage enlightenment yet? I'm betting no, if only for Mr Zoat's sanity in formatting.:p

...the person who attacked your parallel.

13. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    What is this fixation you people have with Go? I notice dog shit when I walk down the street, but I don't fixate on it after I step around it.

14. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Not at this point in the story.
    Thank you, corrected.

15. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Thank you Grayven. Although you played a small part, it was a vital one.

Is this going to build up to her finding her version of Earth destroyed? She's not my favorite character, but I don't want to see her breakdown from that.

Who would Paul find more unsettling, Sybarite, Angel!Paul or Zombie!Paul? For some reason, I want Zombie!Paul to be Time Trapper's last resort. When released, he says: "The Blackest Night falls from the skies...". That causes all Pauls who hear that to freak out, especially the ones who've been resurrected.

16. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Here's hoping they go to Grayven's world.

17. Introverted

Introverted I trust you know where the happy button is?

It is less combat ability and more along the lines of lacking narrative control as he is essentially jerked around.

Ardy, Cuchulin, Gantradies and 2 others like this.
  18. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

I for one would find it hilarious.

Is the zombie paul still a canon hypothetical or is there an actual update about him?

Ardy, DrThoth and Vorian like this.
  19. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Oh dear God. I forgot that one existed. :eek::eek::eek:

Gilhelmi likes this.
  20. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Only Word Of Zoat so far. We know he's one of the Pauls who got the short end of the stick. Ten seconds after waking up on Buffy Earth, he gets attacked by vampires who kill and ritually sacrifice him. Unfortunately for them, he has no soul, and the demon they summon gets sucked into the ring. He's a barely functioning zombie, and one of the show's characters try staking him or something. However, because he isn't a normal undead, that doesn't kill him. That leads to them communicating. That's all I remember from the one post Zoat made, and it might not be entirely right. I also don't know where it is, except that it is in one of the SV threads.

21. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

It was actually a gift from Atrocitus when he joined the Red Lantern Corps.

22. Sordid Snake

Sordid Snake (Verified Viper)

Non-lethally took down a kryptonian hybrid immune to kryptonite and (possibly) red sun radiation.

23. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You know... I can't help but feel he should probably confirm Time Trappers story before going along with things...

Darko likes this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey Zoat is this episode, and the next one if it is a two parter, going to feature all the alternates we have seen so far, like Angel Paul, Lord Protector, Saul, Sybarite, Common Sense etc.?

DrThoth, Lupercal and Gilhelmi like this.
  25. Mr Zoat

I don't know, as I haven't written it yet. Some of them, certainly.

26. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

I'd guess that, to continue the metaphor, it's because you tend to fixate on dog shit a bit more if you only realise what it is when it's already squishing between your toes.

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Go is like a car wreck.

It is horrible, but something just makes you want to pay attention to it.

Also Zoat if the SI starts thinking about which god to worship in the future, seeing as when he finished with Devlos he seemed to be thinking about his devotion to Eris, I recommend Poros.

He's basically the Greek god of Pragmatism, specifically expedience and contrivance.

28. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

It is one of the worst DC incarnations there is, this fic is mostly about DC. It is topical.

Was that red lantern not canon? Was that an omake? I might have mixed that up...

Wild Transient, Gantradies and Darko like this.
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It was an omake by another reader.

30. Gilhelmi

Gilhelmi Know what you're doing yet?

In the immortal words of Chief O'Brian "I hate temporal mechanics".

I have been looking forward to this arc for a very long time.