1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Albert Scoot

Albert Scoot Not too sore, are you?

Who wants a fragile fleshy limb full of parasitic cellular life that complains all the time when you can get an amorphous metal anything/everything bro-limb bolted on instead.

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'make the'

3. ChiChi

ChiChi I trust you know where the happy button is?

to make my face conform?

Ardy, moralrelativity and Darko like this.
  4. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

And now a visit to Hephaestus. Checking in on meta-material work and other projects, eh?

Ha! Divine Hipsters. Using Geo-thermal energy before it was cool.

While they may have Fire as part of their divine portfolio (as Vaermina pointed out,) any fire they create might not be suitable for their needs. Too inconsistent in temperature, perhaps, or prone to dissipating when they lose focus on it.

I mean, when your goddess actually walked amongst her people, it's a strong reminder of her existence.

So she might be out there, rampaging through some remote part of the galaxy... Scary thought.

And not a pleasant apotheosis, either. If it was anythign liek the experiments from the Titans comics, it would have been flat-out torture.

Heh. their own automaton doorman. Helps with unauthorised visitors.

So, a sort of virtual intelligence. On running purely on a mechanical computer. How old-fashioned.

Well, that depends on your definition. Etna's taking a nap right now.

Hephaestus must be busy. Probably forging something complicated.

I see the boys have been upgrading. No messy braziers.

Oh, gods. Don't tell me they've got a gelatinous cube shlorping its way around. If not, don't let them see a D&D Monster Manual. :p

They're probably being discreet. Why set the mountain to spitting out fireballs when you could use that heat in the forges?

I'm guessing he's trying something new.

An Omnitool? That would be in character.

Oh, clever.

Very clever. Hope it has full force feedback, though. Don't want to accidentally crush something valuable.

Dude, you underestimate the cool factor of metal. Cyberpunk fans alone would cut off their own arm to have a silver-plated limb...

She's been studying. Just don't go doing that outside. Very easy to confuse it for a Nazi salute (the two are really similar.)

Ah, Kori, direct as ever. Then again, they might well find that refreshing.

Now, if he can get it to stick when he's not wearing it...

Probably a lot easier to make with magic than physics. I remember OL-phidian nearly collapsing the Mountain with a gravity well trying to make some for Kon's flying armour.

Given Thanagarian Materialistic beliefs, it's probably not a big deal to genuflect his way occasionally.

Heh, imagine what scholars of mythology would make of that.

Keep it in your pants, old man. Remember the rules of hospitality.

Yet more check-ins. Wonder what Hephaestus is up to that he couldn't make a showing? Consulting with someone, perhaps? Man, what else are we going to see OL look in on this episode? What about the team?

5. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Someone should point out to Vaermina that he can point it out to Zoat if he really wants to. That option is available to him.

Ardy, Prince Charon and Darko like this.
  6. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Actually it's not, Zoat has had me on ignore for some time. ;)

Matt Harris likes this.
  7. RichardWhereat

Oh, seems like the wiser option. Yeah.

Ardy, WhiteNoise, lywrin and 2 others like this.
  8. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

I mean, so do I (out of principle) but it's still not too hard to see what you say.

Ardy and RichardWhereat like this.
  9. RichardWhereat

Ardy, Vaermina and Darko like this.
  10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

She may have also been taken to some part of the galaxy where there isn't sapient life by her son, so she doesn't hurt any sapients.

He's either working on something that he couldn't leave to greet them, or he may not be there right now.

If this episodes continues like this then it's most likely going to be a 'Slice of Life' type of episode.

We may see Kori tell the Team what she and her sister have been doing since Paul left, what they did when he was still there etc., and probably also see his various other projects.

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yes, but while this story borrows heavily from New Earth continuity that doesn't mean it's going to use every single thing about it.

Remember that in New Earth Komand'r was responsible for her and her sister ending up in the Psions labs when she betrayed her people and planet for petty revenge, but here they ended up there because their brother joined a resistance movement.

Captain Nazi was the product of science in New Earth, but here he is the product of magic.

This among various other things are just some of the changes Zoat has made to his story.

Ardy, Xmaster3000, WhiteNoise and 5 others like this.
  12. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Captain Nazi claimed to be the embodiment of Nazism in the comics, that he'd live for as long as there are nazis.

Now he might have said it because he was on a three day coke binge for all we know, but he did say it.

It isn't unsurprising that this story would leave out the whole "Olympians are all wizards who like Zatanna can do whatever the fuck they want" aspect from the comics considering all the New God buffing in this story.

Rather hard to take New Gods seriously when the Olympians are infinitely more versatile.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He was most likely just talking out of his ass when he said that.

There is nothing in the DC wiki, aside from when he said that he is supposedly the spirit of Nazism, that corroborates his statement of him being anything other than just an enhanced individual.

14. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

did paul and starfire ever do it?

RichardWhereat likes this.
  15. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

That's treading on Snowflames turf, and you really don't want a visit from the God of Cocaine.

Ardy, rdfox, nobodez and 3 others like this.
  16. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Thur stealin' ahre Gahds!

Agreed! Cybernetic arms are way cooler than fleshy ones! Just look at Cable, Winter Soldier and Cyborg!

17. Massgamer

Massgamer I trust you know where the happy button is?

What is so wrong with Vulkan's face that he wants to change it?

Also, does he have to move to another planet if he becomes a chief god? Doesn't worshiping him from a distance work?

Prince Charon likes this.
  18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No.

Renegade had a threesome with Kom and Kori after he rescued them, but they aren't in any romantic relationship.

Kom wanted to court renegade, but they weren't all that compatible, seeing as Kom wants a mate that agrees with her on all her decisions without questioning her and is more interested in brute force conquest, unlike the renegade who likes to play things safer and smarter.

Kom did jokingly say that she may have a fling with Paul after he found out about Kori's arranged marriage, but it didn't happen.

When their father asked Paul if he wanted to marry Kori he told him that he isn't looking for a romantic partner right then, plus he had Jade, but he thought that he may grow happy with Kori if they did pursue a relationship, but he wasn't interested then.

So no Paul hasn't had sex with Kori, their relationship is purely that of coworkers.

The same goes for renegade now, even if they did have sex at least once.

He's not exactly all that pretty to look at.

He's not deformed like Hephaestus, but he is fairly ugly.

He's most likely trying to reinvent himself now that he is getting more worship and is doing new things.

He may need to go to another planet now to establish his new religion as magic doesn't work all that well in the vacuum of space.

He may be able to do things on Thanagar from Earth, but that may be years off.

Cuchulin, Ardy, BBJimmy and 6 others like this.
  19. RichardWhereat

Do the frick frack? Did he give her the paddy whack?

Cuchulin likes this.
  20. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Hephaestus was the son of Zeus and Hera. He was horrifically disfigured as a child, and a disgusted Hera threw him off Mount Olympus, crippling him. (goddess of familial love my ass - I know, Aphrodite is the motherly one, sue me, I was making a joke, yada yada.)

Heffy landed in the town of Lemnos, which then became a holy site, and it’s soil was said to have healing properties, from when it was soaked in Heffy’s godly ichor.

Vulcan is basically Heffy, but Roman. The Romans had a serious case of religious kleptomania. If you want to talk cultural appropriation, they were the leaders in the field.

Cuchulin, Ardy, Xmaster3000 and 5 others like this.
  21. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

The horizontal tango? Fertilised her honey pot? Invaded the promised lands?

Cuchulin likes this.
  22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think that in the comics Darkseid was responsible for the Roman gods existing when he somehow made the Greek gods split into their Roman counterparts.

I think he did that because he was worried about their power.

The Darkseid in this story has been to Earth in the past, so it's possible he also did something similar here.

23. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Funny, but I don't expect any protests. How many people actually know that the roman gods continue to exist? And how many really care?

Cuchulin, Prince Charon and Darko like this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Some people may now know that pagan gods really exist after the Oceanus thing and Poseidon coming to fight him.

Though yeah probably not a lot of people will care.

However remember that sometimes some groups which have xenophobic philosophies in their cores will just protest anything, no matter how stupid it is.

25. RichardWhereat

Paul himself is a massive advertisement for them.

26. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Nah, even Snowflame has standards.

Gantradies, Cuchulin, rdfox and 2 others like this.
  27. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

Many millions of Atlanteans, especially since he now has revealed himself okay with teaching mortals how to make mithril and orichalcum.

28. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I mean... there are still Nazis and he hasn’t seemed to have aged a day here. Wonder if NeoNazis also empower him?

Cuchulin and RichardWhereat like this.
  29. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

Huh? What's this about?

30. RichardWhereat

Pact is a magic story by Wildbow. Also grimdark focusing on teenage loner girl. At this point we just have to wonder if he hated teenage loner girls.

Prince Charon, Cuchulin, Ardy and 3 others like this.