1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

True, and it would be great for her to be friends with his friends. Because Jade has a dangerous job, and she could just, die. For no reason at all. And Melinoë could be there for him.

BBJimmy, Istaran, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Paula and Kori's parents probably would like that.

He did do a whole lot of nice things for them.

He healed Paula's back, got one of her daughters to stop doing crime, made sure the other one is super strong, put her ex in jail etc.

He saved Kori and Kom, destroyed the Citadel, gave them the ability to repair their homeworld etc.

Hyppolyta may also approve of Paul as a son in law, for either Diana or Donna.

He is a heroically inclined person that has greatly helped her and her people, and has committed various great and noble deeds.

He is helping them reintegrate with the outside world, solved a case of attempted murder against the princess, helped figure out where Donna comes from, and he has been helping several of the Greek Gods find worshipers, fought Oceanus, is a good friend of her grandson and greatly helped him etc.

Paula's mother may also like Paul to be a son in law.

While it was sad, remember that that power belonged to someone that was using it to save the world, and she was a criminal who wanted to use for some fairly petty things.

It may be sad that she didn't get to feel all that pretty, but it isn't that sad.

Think he looks like he's in his early fifties at least, but maybe a bit higher.

Think a well preserved guy in his middle years.

Unless he's using his ring to some extreme levels, then he starts to look like he did in his prime, at least for a while.

They are both highly noble and courageous warriors who are able to feel a great degree of hope, so it may be possible for them to actually start a relationship and have it succeed.

It probably wont happen, but it is possible.

Just imagine a Lantern Corps led by these two people.

It would be glorious!

Especially since the myths seem to make him out to be another identity for Dyonisus.

After everything Paul did for him I'd expect he'd be trying to encourage Melinoe to date Paul.

Those billions of souls are certainly a very worthy dowry.

BBJimmy, Cuchulin, ArKFallen and 12 others like this.
  3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think that Jade is going to live, and even if she dies do you really think he isn't going to try every conceivable method to bring her back?

Melinoe also doesn't exactly like Paul all that much.

4. Genocidecles

Genocidecles Know what you're doing yet?

The wierd thing Pauls gonna have to learn about the rape is that in most DC iterations tamaranians process trauma differently than humans do.

Where a human might suffer involuntary flashbacks and might re-experience that same fear response Starfire generally won't. She can of course remember the event and probably dislikes thinking about it but the memory is more distant for her and affects her daily life little.

Im not actually sure where or when I read that, I think it was an article about how post 52 Kori was depicted as having poor memory for faces and had difficulty recognizing past lovers if too much time had passed.

The article was trying to convince us she wasn't being written as a bimbo who couldnt keep track of the guys she's fucked and went into tamaranian's lessened pattern recognition compared to humans as an explanation for her ditzy behavior. That same kind of pattern recognition that helps us in daily life but will also throw a person into a panic attack when stimuli comparable to a traumatic event is encountered.

Tldr they wrote Kori as a slut then backtracked with a 'scientific' explanation to avoid pissed off Starfire fans.

*edit: It turns out I completely missed this line

"Ah. I know that tamaraneans process trauma differently to humans"

before I typed up this short essay, apparently Paul does not need the advice of this speed-reading fool.

Cuchulin, Istaran, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  5. GodKiller999

GodKiller999 Getting out there.

This is pretty funny on a meta level.

6. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

[​IMG]

"Mother says... back, away."

7. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

I mean, on the same token Paul has done a great deal for Persephone as well. Persephone is the Greek Goddess of vegitation, essentially the Greek's rep with the Green, and Paul has already done a great deal to help mitigate humanity's issues with plant-life choking pollution.

Honestly I think the main issue here is that Persephone just doesn't like Paul. Either it's messenger-blaming, as Paul was the one to convince Hera to finally kick Zeus to the curb, which only highlights how Persephone herself is stuck in a rut regarding her sort-of-coerced marriage to Hades, or it's a fairly reasonable fear that Paul is not attempting to date Melinoe, but Melinoe might be trying to convince herself that Paul is courting her, given his repeated attempts to engage her socially.

BBJimmy, Cuchulin, ArKFallen and 10 others like this.
  8. RichardWhereat

Pretty sure Zyggy Stardust was saying otherwise there. That if Paul abducted her, she wouldn't curse him. For greek goddesses, that's playing coy.

9. Sendral

Sendral Getting some practice in, huh?

How about one more mention then?

Aside, Orphic Dionysus makes for a delightful homebrew deity for a classic D&D cleric. It's all fun and games until the polymorph and confusion spell effects start coming out.

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He really was a scary guy in his early myths.

Cuchulin likes this.
  11. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

If Paul actually tells Melinoë that he isn't interested, would she be the kind of goddess to send nightmares for being (in her mind) stringed along? Admittedly, it would be kinda funny to see Paul break a goddess' heart, if only to see how others would react to that situation.

Gilhelmi and Darko like this.
  12. dxdragon

dxdragon Experienced.

Starfire with Alan Scott?

I can say I've never seen that pairing before.

Alan does deserve to be happy though, and Starfire could do much worse.
    Plus, he will stay young as he wishes as long as he uses a ring.

And there is a good chance Kori gains a Blue Lantern as well. (Kori wielding 2 colored rings?)

I approve.

BBJimmy, Cuchulin, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  13. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I mean, aren’t Tamaraneans, especially Koriand’r, specifically genetically engineered by the psions ? They might consider it more “fun” if you can temporarily traumatize / “break” slaves multiple times with rape / traumatic experimentation, and they don’t give up / commit suicide. Really, escapes are easier to deal with than suicides with warrior slaves you might give sharp weapons.

Might explain a lot about the species.

14. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

I do believe the nightmare goddess does in fact like Paul, but she's also rather stereotypically tsundere about it.

15. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

16. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Guys, guys... I though we agreed that Melinöe was a platonic tsundere.

17. Khettien

Khettien Perpetually confused

That answers so many of my questions.

...tho I'd like to point out, the Endless almost certainly knew (and know) about him already. Maybe Paul just thinks that if an Endless wanted a conversation with him, it'd've happened regardless of Paul's wishes on the matter.

18. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

Jeez, you kiss one girl against her will and suddenly her mother doesen't want you to be alone with her anymore.

19. RichardWhereat

Unless Zoat builds her up as something lovable and wonderful and then has someone destroy her soul.

Like Teek'l.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Considering everything we know about the Psions, this is extremely likely.

Cuchulin and RichardWhereat like this.
  21. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Ha, she is Demeter's daughter.

Cuchulin, RichardWhereat and Darko like this.
  22. RichardWhereat

Persephone is the wife of Hades.

Prince Charon, Cuchulin and DAT_NOOB like this.
  23. Mr Zoat

And also his niece.

24. RichardWhereat

Dat's how Olympians do.

25. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

perhaps I should have said, "like mother, like daughter."

Cuchulin, Darko and RichardWhereat like this.
  26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Maybe add 'for her help'

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  27. Mr Zoat

No, it's a legitimate way to phrase it.

28. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Actually, given that Hera should be expanding her portfolio to include divorce, maybe she can help facilitate one for Hades and Persephone. I've always had somewhat of a crack-ship for Hades and Hel, personally.

29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hades may not want to divorce her since he apparently still loves her according to Hephaestus.

Still it may be possible, and Paul wanted to have some of the Greek gods marry outside the pantheon, like Athena and Tyr.

Xmaster3000, BBJimmy and Cuchulin like this.
  30. Mr Zoat

I don't think they'd really gel. Hel is a bit aggressively expansionist.