1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. ChiChi

ChiChi I trust you know where the happy button is?

do the physical?
    I sigh inwardly?

Still enjoying the story keep up the great work

Mr Zoat and Fellow like this.
  2. Fellow

Fellow Know what you're doing yet?

The hell is going on in the top panel? Are they eating them? Why are most of them in the same position?

Prince Charon likes this.
  3. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

So....Not Present in Colombians, but present in Witchbreed and Sheeda derived critters. And since Witchbreed were formerly Colombians, and they're all Sheeda derived humans. The change when a Colombian breaks the oaths. But not gifted down family lines.

Magical Epigenetics?
    Epigenetics, is where physiological changes occur without alteration to the DNA, but instead are environmental triggers that alter the DNA structures shape rather then the DNA itself, changing how it expresses aspects without changing the underlying information.

Imagine an old vinyl record, music is stored on it in the grooves cut into it. Now if I heated it up a bit and bend and pull it out of shape, I haven't destroyed or directly altered the grooves, but rather how they'd sound during playback on the distorted disk.

Now picture a yarn ball of DNA helix's that get pushed and twisted similarly by changes in the chemistry around them....the underlying DNA stays the same, but its bending in new shapes.

The issue is that the genetic traits that show up the same between witchbreed and sheeda aren't in Colombians, that's a bit of a problem.

Either the Colombians are actively suppressing the Sheeda DNA for mutations with the oaths/magics, or the Witchbreed are activating dormant sheeda traits with something after they leave. Could be something in the air, landscape, food, or maybe magic?

If they're eating sheeda like creatures, there could be some sort of RNA or Prion transfer (an infectious protein). A good reason not to cannibalize stuff so closely related to you, as with real world examples it's a source of a number of issues, like Mad Cow. Would also explain why so many of them would go crazy, as most Prion illnesses effect the brain.

This one really does seem to be for the Atlantian biomancers, since honestly it sounds distantly related to the animal splicing of their water breathing alterations.

4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

5. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

They seemed to be latching on like a vampire. I think they like a drink before getting to the main course.

As for the last question, telepath boy had mind control powers, so like lambs to the slaughter.

6. FourthPear

FourthPear Frequent Flier. Muted

Still better than Zouken’s Crest Worms...

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Admittedly a lot of things are better than...that.

8. Mr Zoat

I'm sorry, I just tried googling that. Are those..? Phallus Dentata?

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well the fans tend to just call them Rape Worms.

A pretty accurate description.

10. FourthPear

Literal hell-beasts with an inborn desire to violate woman and cause pain.

Yes, they are in fact rapacious penis-worms.

11. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

How dare you make me look at those... things with my own two ocular organs.

12. infinityDivided

infinityDivided ******** of Doom

Okay, I just looked those up. Those images has reaffirmed my stance of never touching Fate, TYPE-MOON, or Nasu with a 20-foot pole. I mean, what the fuck!? You want a immortal villain made out of worms with teeth? Great, good for you. BUT WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE GENITALIA!? WHY!?

13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

To add an even more disturbing twist to an already disturbing villain.

If you're interested you could watch some of the Abridged series, like Fate Cero and UBW Abridged.

I really recommend the UBW one, the interactions between EMIYA and Shirou are just hilarious.

They even made Rin be more Rin than she was in the anime.

14. OrigamiPhoenix

OrigamiPhoenix Getting sticky.

Thanks, I hate it.

But you! No thanks! I abhor this!

FourthPear likes this.
  15. FourthPear

The better to violently assault literal toddlers with. *cries tears of blood from sheer pants-shitting rage*

The Unaligned Player and Darko like this.
  16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

This is...quite possibly an accurate description on why Zouken did what he did, and why he chose to make them into penis shaped bugs.

17. FourthPear

But he didn't *make* them that way. He summoned literal demons from hell, and they just happened to be dick-shaped rape worms.

...and then he designed an entire magic system around them and turned himself into a lich with a body made of rapist demon penis-worms.

18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I didn't know that.

I also didn't want to know it, but now I do.

19. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

None of us wanted to friend, but take what small solace you can in the fact that now we all do. Our pain is unified, and so is our desire for the nearest gun.

20. LZB1285

LZB1285 Getting sticky.

All I'm going to say about the afore-mentioned worms, is that dispite this being QQ, this thread is NOT in the NSFW section of the site. [/shudders]

So can we please drop the subject? [puppydogeyes.gif]

21. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

So here’s a possible explanation for the Sheeda, though it doesn’t cover everything they have going on. Instead of being traditional individuals pure Sheeda are hive or colony creatures, perhaps a gestalt. They aren’t like nanomachine amalgamations, but rather gestalts created by sticking together a set number of “organ” subspecies that can communicate. Perhaps Sheeda at the top of the hierarchy use more impressive breeds, more comprehensive combinations, or just flat-out more organs.

If they can factory-produce individuals, especially individuals with built-in technological or magical experience, then it becomes easier to understand how these descendants are breaking down.

22. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Although now I'm picturing alt.Gravy in Fate.

Zouken and his rape worms would really not like the New God soul tech Zoat gave New Gods.

Snip snip, and that Worm that Walks would go bye bye.

FourthPear and Darko like this.
  23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Paragon on the other hand I can see him either assimilating him, or destroying his mind like how he destroyed that gluttony thing in the Oceanus episode.

FourthPear and Cuchulin like this.
  24. Threadmarks: Otherworld (part 16)
    Mr Zoat

2nd May
    02:23 GMT -5

"Wards still alright?"

Mistress Butler cautiously nods as she taps her right foot on the tarmac which now covers the village's main road.

"What be this made of?"

"Concrete, bitumen and small stones. It'll hold up to repeated impacts and water no problem."

Once it became clear that Mistress Butler wasn't fleeing a war party, most of the locals went back to sleep. Right up until the village around them turned orange.

I know it's more efficient for me to badger people into doing research that will improve our knowledge of the universe and open up new technological possibilities, but there's something I find really satisfying about building things. It's like how I always tried to capture buildings in Command and Conquer even when it wasn't efficient to do so. It's not a good idea for me to spend my time like this, but it's… Nice, when I get the opportunity to do so.

Mr. Yao smiles as I lower my rings. "If you are finished, we have our next objective."

I nod. "The original settlement or the Sheeda-ites?"

"The Sheeda-ites. The identity of our attackers is a more urgent concern than studying their history."

I nod. "Right you are. Are we getting back on the cart, or can we fly now?"

He turns away. "Get in the cart, Orange Lantern."

I stride after him. "How about if I fly straight up and then straight down again? The spells can't confuse my mind if I don't use it."

"What would happen if someone tried that to get to Themyscira?"

"The spells around Themyscira obscure it from detection until you're right on top of it. If you get close anyway they generate a sudden storm, but if you tough that out you can get there safely. That's how Herakles managed it."

"These spells were put in place by the gods of Themyscira?"

"By the five goddesses who are their patrons, yes. And yes, I know that they're going to work better than thousands of badly maintained spells put in place by badly trained humans, but that's why I think I can probably bypass them."

"And warn our targets that you have that ability."

I raise my hands. "You're in charge, Physician. If you want to travel by cart, we're travelling by cart." I walk towards-. "Oh. Mistress Butler, you haven't had anyone who wants to risk me altering them to human physiological norms, have you?"

"No, I have not. And having heard you say that you know naught of magic, I doubt that folk will be."

"Alright, but remember that the offer was made."

"Yes." She looks around at her reformatted village. "I think I will be long forgetting this."

The cart rocks slightly as Leonid lands, while I just float over the side and land lightly. Mr. Yao climbs in from the rear while Mistress Butler and Abednego take position at the front. I could improve the village as long as I left anything with a glyph on it unchanged, but this whole cart is covered in them. I couldn't even add tyres. I mean, it's got leaf springs, so it's not as bad as what the Amazons use, but it's not exactly an easy or comfortable ride.

"Onwards, my boys."

Abednego doesn't bother with the reins this time. The horses clop forward, apparently untroubled by the novel road surface or the fact that I was performing transmutations directly in front of them. But I suppose that they were raised in a society of magic users.

Leonid leans forward. "Mistress Butler? How much contact have you had with the people we are visiting?"

"Nothing for eight years. Five years ago a warlock came though here and asked for directions, but we have seen neither hide nor hair of him since."

"What.. part of the year five years ago?"

We exit the town and.. our surroundings begin blurring again.

"What import is it?"

"Given that warlocks are uncommon, I imagine that he'd just become a warlock and other people had been aware of it. Particularly given that he had functioning grundymen with him."

Abednego glances back at me before returning his attention to the pathway.

"That does not necessarily follow. Between here and the land to which Melmoth brought us there are like as not a great many unhallowed bodies."

Leonid frowns. "That was five hundred years ago. Should they not have rotted by now?"

"No. Our bodies do not decay, but rather ripen after our deaths. Our grundymen have far greater strength in death than they did in life."

"I assumed that was…" He looks at me. "I don't know the English. Hysterical strength?"

"Hysterical strength."

"Yes, hysterical strength."

"I be not certain what that is, but I be confident that is not what it is."

"Yes, those Sheeda traits that Columbians don't have in life become active in death." Ugh. "Maybe I could ask Natasa to come here to study the process? I don't know any pure non-sacred necromancers."

"Sacred necromancers?"

"Not Christian-sacred. Pagan-sacred." I frown. "I mean, I do know some Christian magicians… But one's a papist and the other's a werewolf."

Who surprisingly got in touch with me via the Justice League to find out if I knew where John Constantine had gotten to. Given what Brother Chalice did to him during that whole Nameless Beast mess I was surprised that he cared. I mean, yes, werewolf battle monk. If he'd been seriously annoyed he'd probably have eaten John…

"And neither of them are necromancers."

"In Russia, we have werebears."

And that goes on the slate. Along with finding Cyrus Gold's corpse and seeing if he's got Sheeda blood in him.

Mr. Yao looks thoughtful. "Mister Abednego, will you need to conceal yourself when we arrive? If they study forbidden magic and harbour warlocks, they will not welcome you."

"Nay, Physician. My dress is not so outlandish that they would comment, unless I brandish my pistols. If they ask, tell them that I am a guide."

"As you will. Mistress Butler, please tell us what you can of their people and home."

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

maybe just 'cart rocks', as they're going in just one cart.

'is covered with them'

'rotted'

26. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Methinks that upgrade will be quite welcome come the next rainy season... No tramping through ankle-deep mud to visit the neighbours...

Assuming she knows what those things are, given the poor state of the Warlock-breeds' culture. Still, none of those things are exactly new to western culture.

It's the simple things, eh? A little break from the complicated mess your life has become these last couple of years.

Especially if they're abducting people for nefarious purposes. Let's hope they haven't gone through too much pain and suffering... Then again, Sheeda.

Honestly, OL... You just want to get into orbit and get a good look at this place, don't you?

Though any men following him might not have had as much fun with the trip...

I doubt they extend too far from the surface, anyway. Maybe only as far as the edge of the atmosphere. After all, magic works by intent, and I doubt the casters knew about orbital trajectories and the like.

Bet some would consider that cheating their redemption for their sins... And others would quietly judge the volunteers for it.

That's the best kind of visit. One you'll always remember.

What, you can't just casually float a few centimetres above the seat, and hold your position relative to the cart? That's how I'd do it...

Methinks they've seen some shit in their time.

That's quite a while. But in this level of development, such things would be memorable...

Indeed, where are you going with this, OL?

That's a lot of potential Grundeymen, if someone can muster the mystical chops to raise and brand all of them, especially all at once...

Almost like some kind of artificial genetic augmentation kicks in. Fascinating.

"No, Who's on first." Really feels comedic there...

Yet more things to delegate for later. I assume that's an Amazon...

And thus neither is likely to be welcome. OL really has to expand his magical contact list.

That would also be a problem for researching post-mortem augmentation of Grundeymen...

Indeed... It's been a long time, have we even seen Solomon Grundy here? Up to and including 'locked up in Belle Reve'?

It'll probably not be much, given the lack of contact. For all anyone knows, the next community is already gone...

Looks like OL is getting a little frustrated with the slow pace of this little expedition. And throwing up so many ideas for research in future. Hopefully they run into more Sheeda raiders for him to work those frustrations out on..

...but it's not exactly an easy or comfortable ride.

27. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

Doesn't this stuff only last a few decades? And they can't replace it properly?

Meaning eventually it's going to look fucking aweful and require a complete overhaul?

OL is a complete idiot.

Just make a proper paved road with extreme precision and perfect materials and it will last hundreds of years at least.

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think Wildcat mentioned fighting Gold sometime in the past.

OL also said that no one has seen him in decades.

He may not have thought of that, or he wants to trade with them in the future so they can get more of it.

That or he altered its structure so it's much more long lasting than the regular stuff.

Chojin Patriarch and Cuchulin like this.
  29. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You actually don't know that.

Because dumb luck is an actual thing, and the bane of highly trained experts everywhere.

30. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Three thousand years of Amazon history say other wise.

Darko likes this.