• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

I'm pretty sure Bra'tac and Teal'c would disagree with that given they were both leading armies.
According to the Goa'uld themselves, they don't count as wars...and they don't let the Jaffa's opinion of such things matter.

One of the worlds from the RPG is one of dozens like it where various Goa'uld pit their various forces against each other for funzies while making bets and other Goa'uld bet on outcomes. And the forces go up to millions on each side and vary from actual forces to random villagers and/or beasts they picked up and send after each other and may or may not be intar based weapons there. Then they clear the place for the next battle or event there with flying observation palaces...

You know, I never considered that, that whatever Ambush Bug did permanently affected the Illustres to drag him into reluctant crossovers on the 1st of April. I mean, Krona is a relatively native problem and even though meeting multiple versions of himself was mind-blowing, it could be explained away as just unknowingly getting involved in a villain's scheme coincidentally in the same day. So the Illustres comes a bit paranoid there.

After today though, I agree that there's something strange going on, because getting summoned into another universe for a totally different crossover, apparently at random, is too much coincidence. "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action".

Still, this is shaping up to be hilarious!

And how hard would it be for a construct to break the grip on their weapons and take them away from the Teen Justice Brigade?
Very. Unless Zoat nerfs them from the level they should be at. Because there's a canon Justice League/Power Rangers crossover so we know exactly how this exact team matches up to the comic verse Justice League.

According to the Goa'uld themselves, they don't count as wars...and they don't let the Jaffa's opinion of such things matter.

One of the worlds from the RPG is one of dozens like it where various Goa'uld pit their various forces against each other for funzies while making bets and other Goa'uld bet on outcomes. And the forces go up to millions on each side and vary from actual forces to random villagers and/or beasts they picked up and send after each other and may or may not be intar based weapons there. Then they clear the place for the next battle or event there with flying observation palaces...
*points up at gattsuru's comment.*

Mighty Morphin' Lantern Rangers

1st April 2012
09:17 GMT -5

Kaldur looks over the machinery which surrounds me, his eyes passing over the electronics with a cursory glance while lingering a little longer on the enchanted objects and arcane devices.
Not taking any chances, are you, OL? To be fair, given that around this time last year, you got dragged into an interdimensional mini-Crisis involving dozens of alternate universe counterparts, and the year before that, had to deal with Ambush fricking Bug... I can see the desire to not want to have to go through any of that crap again...

"Do you not think that this is a little extreme?"

"No."

"I understand that the visions you have had for the past two years are perhaps a little distracting, but you yourself have said that they have not harmed you in any way."
Given that OL knows the alternates all exist for real, I can understand the desire to not get caught up in more dimension-crossing mayhem.

"One thing I learned from that mess with Krona. Parallel universes cause intersecting problems. I saw no sign that Ambush Bug was involved last year. None of the other versions of me I met at Vanishing Point admitted to experiencing anything like it. Which means that Ambush Bug might have done something to me that caused a lasting change to how I work. If so, that is a problem, because… Yes, a few visions one day a year isn't a problem, but if I don't-" Kaldur nods. "-know why it's happening, I don't know how to stop it if the visions start coming more often."
And if they're as immersive as the ones he experienced first time around, he probably doesn't want the hassle of being tied up sorting through the memories for Ophidian knows how long.

"And if this year none come?"

"Then… Great, it was probably something to do with Krona and I can stop worrying about it."
...It won't be, will it? :p

Kaldur smiles a smile which makes it clear to me that he's leaving me to my folly. "Then I will wish you the best of fortune."

"Thank you."
Yeah, generally, when OL's in this mood, you just stand well back, let Batman know about it and wait for the explosions.

"Will you require someone to check in on you?"

"No, that's fine. People have been in close proximity to me both times this has happened-"
And it hasn't stopped any of it. It's probably a good thing the effect wasn't contagious. Can you imagine the locals getting to see stuff like Earth Prime versions of themselves? New Earth? Pre-crisis Earth? Hell, imagine Robin seeing his Golden Age costume... "So, did my guy just hate pants or something?" o_O

The world around me turns slightly, moments in time being interspersed with brief flickers of white like a projector reel.

"-and can you see that?"
...Oh, dear. Already? That's got to be a freaky thing to see, though.

//
Kaldur frowns at my alarm and
//
looks around. "I cannot see anything usual."
Okay, so it's just OL getting this trip. Bon voyage, Paragon! x3

//
He turns back to me. "Can you describe-?"
//
//
///////////////
...Yeah, that's not worrying at all.

The universe tilts and whirls and peels away and I'm sent flying and none of my time-wasting machines register anything unusual! There's a street, a road, American road signs, people running while a group of five brightly-costumed individuals fight a mob of grey humanoids and I'm flying or falling-.
/
Uhgh.
Fun fact, DC has done a crossover with Boom Comics' Power Rangers title. It was apparently... :confused: About what you'd expect, really.

I land face-down on the asphalt-

"Oh dear. That wasn't supposed to happen."
Oh, boy. That's the last thing you want to hear upon arrival in an alternate universe.

-and push myself up, construct armour appearing around my body.

The alien looking at me in concern resembles some sort of uplifted chimpanzee. With… Wings and a monocle. His body... Looks like he's either been heavily bio-engineered or he's wearing organic armour, and he's looking at me like he thinks I'm about to explode.
Ah, yes. Tokusatsu villain designs. Always an amazing thing to see. Amazing what the costuming department can do with spandex, latex and leather...

The figure next to him is looking awkwardly at a large bottle in his right hand. His skin is blue, his head and most especially his jaw are far larger than the humanoid norms, while the rest of his body is squat and muscular. His clothing is… Weird. Baggy trousers with some sort of circular decoration, armoured helmet, boots, shoulder pads and breastplate. The teeth from his lower jaw protrude uselessly from his mouth in a way which puts me in mind of the designs I've seen of Japanese Oni masks.
And of course, the comedy relief bad guy crew. Beware if they get serious.

"Ahhhh…" He tosses the bottle over his shoulder, and it smashes when it hits the ground. "Not my fault."

"Oh who else could it be? I gave you a simple task-."
Based on a quick wiki-walk, that isn't a 'Punk Potion', is it? Regardless, Baboo (or his 'Zyuranger' counterpart Totpat) is meant to be an alchemist, so this makes some sense? :confused: I'm guessing that's not what they were expecting, though.

"Excuse me, gentlemen."

They freeze, the shorter one looking directly at me for the first time.
Yep, very much not what they thought would happen, I see.

"Oh… That's not good."

"Would one of you mind explaining what's happening?"
And let's make it quick, I'm sure the Rangers won't take long to defeat the Putties.

"Ah." The simian raises his right forefinger. "One question first."

"Okay?"

"Are you evil?"
...Let me guess, it was meant to be a summoning potion to call forth an 'evil monster' from another dimension, and it snagged... OL?

"A.. completely honest answer to that question would be fairly complex. I have killed a lot of people-"

"Oh?"
Aw, building up his hopes of actually managing to do something right...

"-and I don't feel any reluctance when my goal requires ruthless action-"

The monkey man nods. "Good, good."
Dammit, I can easily picture the suit actor doing a classy chin-rub motion for that. This promises to be fun.

"-but my goals are generally altruistic; I try to improve the lives of the people and.. society around me."

The blue-skinned one grimaces more, and the two of them look at each other.
...And down they crash. And don't think we missed that slight hesitation, OL. You have done good. Can't blame yourself for the usual DC events.

"So really it depends on how you define evil."

They both return their attention to me.
Sadly, I don't think he fits it.

"We…" The simian raises his right hand uncertainly. "Might… Need you to help us conquer the Earth."

"I'm.. going to need some evidence that you're some sort of godlike administrator before I even consider that. Do you have a… Curriculum V-?"
Ha! And of course he wants to make sure it's legal before he considers it.

"Hey!"

The two of them take a nervous step back at the shout, and I turn to see that the brightly coloured fighters have defeated the grey humanoids. The fighters appear to have some sort of empathic shielding; I can see that they're alive and have emotions but that's about it. The figures on the floor… Either dead or they were never-. No, that one twitched. Some sort of automata? A robot or-.
Interesting. The Ranger suits (which I assume are the classic spandex rather than either movie's armoured style) block empathic vision?

They vanish, in… I think that was a teleportation effect.

"Uh-oh."
Because the Putties never leave 'bodies'. Not when they can be recalled to be remoulded by Finster.

The five of them -yellow, pink, blue, red and black- form up on the red one and adopt… Silly pseudo-martial art poses like it's a photo shoot or something. Hm. They're clearly capable enough, and… They each have weapons and side arms they're not using.

Ring, identify.
Because of their rule about avoiding escalation, of course... 'They only use their weapons for defense' and all that.

Alert! Internet size vastly decreased since last scan. Identifying with paper archives. Targets are vigilante group 'Power Rangers'-

The… Fuck..?

-and are identified by colour.
Bonus, Mr Zoat almost certainly knew what the Power Rangers were as a kid, even if he might not have been a fan, and thus would not have had it scrubbed from his memory like the Young Justice info was. :D So I expect all manner of snark about their behaviour, rules of engagement and equipment...

"Two of Rita's goon and a new monster." The Red Ranger… Darn, I can't remember what his name was. He draws his sword, which is a sign for the others to draw their main weapons as well. "Let's stop their evil plan right now!"

"Right!" / "Right!" / "Right!" / "Right!"
...Rita's monsters usually didn't look human, unless they had a magical disguise. So I can see the misunderstanding...

The blue alien cringes further. "I'm outa here!"

His body shimmers and vanishes, and from the look of the other one he's not far-.
Heh. The usual reaction when the henchmen face the Rangers without a handy monster to toss at them...

Something occurs to him.

"Go, my Orange… Warmaster! Destroy the Power Rangers!"
...Well, spit. And the Rangers are just hot-blooded enough...

"Excuse me?"

He shimmers away as well as the five Rangers charge me.
...To fall for it. Well, time to armour up. Wonder how close his gear would be to a Tokusatsu hero suit.

I have the feeling OL will consider this an easy fight, but as mentioned, the 'Justice League/Power Rangers' crossover showed them breaking Spectrum Constructs with their Zords. It's likely their weapons could give him trouble. Still, once the inevitable crossover punch-fest is done, he'll be on their side before long. Wonder if we'll see an 'Orange Ranger' moment... :V

I have the feeling OL will consider this an easy fight, but as mentioned, the 'Justice League/Power Rangers' crossover showed them breaking Spectrum Constructs with their Zords. It's likely their weapons could give him trouble. Still, once the inevitable crossover punch-fest is done, he'll be on their side before long. Wonder if we'll see an 'Orange Ranger' moment... :V
That same crossover also showed them with near Flash level reaction speeds and mele weapons capable of punching through Brainiac armor like it wasn't even there.

As silly as it might look, Power Rangers tech is actually higher up on the tech tree then Power Rings. And channels a multiversal force more powerful then the Orange Light.

"Two of Rita's goon and a new monster." The Red Ranger… Darn, I can't remember what his name was. He draws his sword, which is a sign for the others to draw their main weapons as well. "Let's stop their evil plan right now!"
Well this should be brief. A few moments of Paul's futile efforts at talking them down then about half that of him wiping the floor with them. Possibly followed by an even shorter period of him not standing around while they summon their giant robots.

Question is whether he wanders off to deal with Rita himself or demands to speak with the Rangers' manager.

That same crossover also showed them with near Flash level reaction speeds and mele weapons capable of punching through Brainiac armor like it wasn't even there.

Plus, unlike when he fought the Earth 12 Justice League, Paul doesn't seem to have much context on the Rangers strengths and weaknesses.

That and the Mighty Morphin team seem like the type to listen or notice a non-hostile after a minute or two.

None of them can fly, so just flight aura 50 feet off the ground and loudspeaker construct to ask the Primary Color Troopers what this is all about. Someone not engaging them in their binary black white martial arts madness would throw the Primary Color Troopers enough to at least start talking this out.
Don't…Geeze it's been actual decades since I've seen this show…but don't most iterations of the Power Rangers have gun or cannon-like secondary weapons. If he starts hovering couldn't they just start shooting him?

Did they have the combining guns and stuff during the Rita Repulsa stuff? I thought that didn't come til later.
Zoat seems to do a lot of research on any topic when he covers it in this story.

So odds are if he thinks they can do it he's probably actually seen them do it on the show. I'm sure a majority of us that have seen the original Power Rangers haven't done so in actual decades so.

The blue alien cringes further. "I'm outa here!"

His body shimmers and vanishes, and from the look of the other one he's not far-.

Something occurs to him.

"Go, my Orange… Warmaster! Destroy the Power Rangers!"

"Excuse me?"

He shimmers away as well as the five Rangers charge me.

And this is the story of how I got harassed by a sentai team.

"Oh wonderful we're going to have one of those stupid misunderstanding fights."

*one rofl stomp later*

"If you're quite done perhaps we can discuss this like civilized..."

"It's too strong we need dinosaur robot power!"

*Insert scene of combiner robots here*

"Seriously?"

*Rofl stomp 2 Rofl harder*

"Aye yi yi I told you we should have gotten seal team 6 instead of teenagers with attitude."

"Well what the hell do you expect I'm a floating talking head, I haven't seen actual combat in over ten thousand years."

Ooohhhhh I wanna see Paul do the poses just going full ham.

Paul joins the power rangers after the misunderstanding and becomes the orange ranger and is like:

Paul: " I might have become a ranger, but it will be a cold day in hell before I start posing! And I've been to hell!"

The Other Rangers: " WHATT!?!?"

They do all have guns, and Pink and Black have larger guns. And all of their weapons combine into a larger gun.

Yes but (other than the Power Blaster) they hardly ever use them. Something about one of Zordon's rules being "Never escalate a fight", so they can't shoot unless the enemy shoots first. All Paul has to do is fly up out of reach of their melee attacks, do nothing, and it becomes the most awkward stand off.

I like to imagine they used their pistols so much in the first season, Zordon had to take away their gun privileges to pacify a bunch of irate parents.

He could have had his armor on him in preparation which can look fairly bulky and only generally humanoid.

Say it like it is, his power armor probably looks like a futuristic refrigerator with limbs, put the Construct Armor on top of that and he might look like a cheap and orange version of sentinel Nimrod, but with even less face.

So yes, I understand why they might think he's a new monster. Still stupid to just start attacking, usually they at least allow the new monster to monologue for a bit.

For the purposes of this portion of the story, do things retconned in or established as events prior to the first season from later seasons generally apply? E.g. historic teams, character and mcguffin backstories etc? I'd have assumed yes, but the last five years or so have expanded and patched over cracks in quite a lot of the PR multiverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back