1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yoh Asakura Quest (Shaman King)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by burningclaw2, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

HELL YES BABY

2. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

Thank you, oh Dice God! I shall roll a dice a day for you!

3. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Damn!

The remaining thirds are in Toshima Tokyo, and Yamato Takada, Nara. You'll be able to collect them at 12.

4. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Guys I'm crying about myself because I have a super sized lucky ass from the hell: my dice is scary and powerful lol
    Anyway good, we will remember that :p

5. burningclaw2

Helps that Divination itself is a powerful skill if successful.

6. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

‘Drip. Drip. Drip.’
    There is a leak in the room.
    ‘Drip. Drip. Drip.’
    It is subtle. Small almost silent. You can only hear it now as you rest on the border of life and death after silencing everything you are and quieting almost every sound.
    ‘Drip. Drip. Drip.’
    You silenced your breath pacing it so subtly to sustain you for hours in one draw. You silenced pain to endure among a bed of nails. You silenced hunger through the power of your will. You silence taste through disciplined focus.
    ‘Drip. Drip. Drip.’
    They silenced sight through absolute darkness. They silenced temp through careful maintenance. They denied you contact at your wish and soon you were left with only three things. Your thoughts, your heart, and soon the drip.
    ‘Drip. Drip. Drip.’
    You thought of many things. Your mother so firm and modern. Kind , modern, and strong yet so weak because of it. You’re grandmother wizened and dutiful yet barely stronger than mom. Grandfather stronger still, and then you’re father. A deadbeat. A slacker by the modern world one who abandoned his family yet in doing so attained great spiritual power.
    Finally you think of your brother. So powerful. Like a sun burning as a babe.
    Yet eventually you discard even these thoughts for the stillness and your heart.
    ‘Drip. Drip. Drip’
    Ba dump……..Ba Dump…… Ba Dump………
    You heart the seat of you life the thread on which you hang. I slowly and powerfully working so hard despite how you normally ignore. You heard it so clearly. Struggling despite the torture. Despite your enforce calm. It beat. Ba-dump . Ba Dump. Ba Dump. But soon you cast off even this and all you were left was…

Drip. Drip. Drip.
    Drip. Drip. Drip.

Denied of all sensation you hung on the edge of death and knew agonizing torture beyond pain. Constant consistent and unending until the light came back on the maiden opened and you breathed anew.

As you fell from the mountain pursuing strength you again shut it down going limp and rolling down a mountain that should have killed you. Your rested in bed IV in arm and you heard the drip.
    Drip .Drip. Drip.
    Till you silenced even that and you understood. Through the denial of sensation, of pleasure , of flesh, and of self you came closer to state of zen and unshackled yourself self from their limits.
    Through denial a child survived the maiden. Through denial he survived a mountain.
    At the core of the Ascetic is this self-flagellating denial. And though this denial you become more like the dead and a vessel through which a spirit can flow.

Deny substance and become the cup. Deny existence then become the water. Then regain both and become yourself.

Though this understanding you feel you know your father more. For better or worse.

7. burningclaw2

Larekko12 Please pick one of the following: +10 to Ascetic Roll next time, +3 to Endurance, or +3 Wisdom.

8. Ruisu

Ruisu Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Train in General Shamanism.
    [X] Train Furyoku Levels.
    [X] Get to know Misukune. +50% of Event.

Wow, that roll!

9. Biofan09

Biofan09 The Archivist at The End

Dat roll though.:eek: Even the dice feel sorry for making Yoh fall off a mountain.

10. burningclaw2

I know I don't.

ryuan likes this.
  11. Kerfirou

BTW, burningclaw2, does his cleaned omake counts as one?

12. burningclaw2

Still a lot of grammar errors, I'm kind of picky about capitalization. And it seems like he's constantly cutting a paragraph part way through, the end is kind of confusing on whose talking.

13. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

My thoughts are use this year to get to know our new guardian ghost and increase our general Shamanism now that we can benefit from it. Furyoku training is even more important now that we know it gives us Endurance, and as such can get us extra actions. That said next year we are supposed to have 4 actions, so then we can up more skills at once. I'm thinking get a couple of the rank 0 skills then to round out Yoh some more, as well as increasing one of our higher ranked skills some more.

14. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Wisdom.

Stats yo! Stats the Cascade with Power development.
    Edit: No wait. Endurance for more action!

15. burningclaw2

Kay-o~

16. Irked

Irked Experienced.

Do we get any other bonuses for getting other stats above 20 burning? because i'm pretty sure we've got 20+ wisdom now

17. Kerfirou

Hey, burningclaw2 , a question. Back then you said than training in art helped forging better OS, right?

Does that mean, for example, if we don't train in art, our OS will has a very simplistic looks and function?

18. Irked

Irked Experienced.

Ideally it would be nice if we were able to train In Art (say attempting to draw a picture of her) whilst talking to Misukune, we probably wouldn't get much skill compared to solely focusing on it, but it would be nice to be able to have minor actions in addition to being sociable.

19. burningclaw2

20 Strength = Able to use heavier weapons/armors.
    20 Dexterity = Less likely to get successfully ambushed.
    20 Endurance = Bonus Action
    20 Intelligence = Bonus to Learning/Training
    20 Wisdom = Closer to Enlightenment/Better results from Furyoku training.
    Yes. Imagination is a key component to Oversouls. Without proper imagination your oversoul would be rather limited.

Just look at Hao and Spirit of Fire, Horohoro, Ryu and Tokegero(sp?), Jeanne and Shamash.

They all used a lot of imagination. Hao for his Armor Oversoul and SoF's Jet Mode, Horohoro with his ice attacks, Ryu's various forms for Tokegero, and Jeanne's various torture attacks.

I'll think about it.

20. Kerfirou

burningclaw2, I've just noticed that Yoh stat might have not been properly added. From my count, Yoh should have at least 7 strength, but it was still written as 2. Dunno about the other, I just feel strange, looking at the post where we roll 4 for strength.

Also, do Yoh need to go to school at this point, or is he already going?

And it looks like we need to training our art sometimes after we OS with Tamamo, huh.

21. burningclaw2

Do you remember Yoh's original Strength?

Right now Yoh is being 'homeschooled'.

Yes, at least if you want more animated/flexible OS's.

Kerfirou likes this.
  22. Irked

Irked Experienced.

Well i guess if we want to actually make a decent Oversoul we're gonna have to spend some time alternating between Art to let us change the form, and maybe reading up on legends/lore about Kitsune/Amaterasu/Tamamo/Killing stone Etc to give us Ideas for skills/Ability's

23. burningclaw2

Research on legends will occur off screen...as you get to know Misukune.

24. Kerfirou

I wonder......

Since Hao capable of OS SoF into oxygen, can we do the same with Tamamo, only changed into something else like sunlight? Cause that's going to be pretty cool.

25. burningclaw2

For Sunlight you'd need a full blown Sun-God. Tamamo isn't a sun goddess but a fox deity/demon.

26. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

So just fox fire, Illusion dickery which utterly alters our style to aizen grade bullshit, shapeshifting, and onmyodu bullshit? Also toy tricks maybe?

Maybe Plant badassery like Kurama? What else can we do? Also seems like we're more Yohs girl friends build than Yoh.

27. burningclaw2

Because Yoh has inherited Hao's gifts and is apparently a brocon.

Roll 1d100 for Divination please. :p

28. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Brocon? No. We shall be bash brothers. 48. Damn. Need to grind that more.
    Larekko12 rolled 1 die of 100 faces, total: 48
    Rolled on: June-23-2015, 08:23am

29. burningclaw2

Cake.

30. Kerfirou

Okay, I'm confused. What cake?