1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yoh Asakura Quest (Shaman King)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by burningclaw2, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

That is an interesting idea, burningclaw2 can we do it.

Also, for all those wanting to max out general instead of Onmyoudou, I would like to point out that Onmyoudou, in addition to allowing us to make sprites, lets us predict the future and learn OCC things IC, this how we know wear the other two spirit stones are.

2. Irked

Irked Experienced.

true, but you have too consider that as well as whatever skill we get at 100, we also get a trait as well, usually those are pretty powerful.

3. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

At high level you can even manipulate the elements like Hao.

4. Dark Ness

True, but any rolls over will be wasted, where as, we can get the full benefit with another

Does that fall under general? Because I thought that was a different skill.

5. Irked

Irked Experienced.

maxing out doesn't stop us getting onmyoudou, it's just generally better to finish something rather than leave it half assed, at the moment we only have a general (heh) idea of what onmyoudou can do, and almost no idea what max General shamanism will get us, avoiding it because something in the show seemed better just seems silly.

6. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

No, it's an high onmyoudou skill

7. Dark Ness

What? I am talking about this quest. Onmyoudou has already helped us by telling us where the spirit stones are, and could have helped us more if we didn't need to roll above 80 to get any info. Maxing General can wait until next turn, when we will hopefully finish bonding with our spirit and have an open action, as well as the prodigy trait. Also, we know what general does, we will likely get a higher chance of physical stats while under spirit unity, and maybe more healing stuff.

Well, that is just another reason to do Onmyoudou.

8. dragonx99

dragonx99 Actually Satan

Damn it has bene entirely too long since I read Shaman King, I honestly thought that Yoh had had Matamune for a while and that we'd either just had not found him yet or had missed out on him in favor of getting what is essentially one of the Four Vilest.

If he is over there though then yea, we have this set. We just have to make sure we don't fail the social aspects, which is always the biggest concern with quests like this.

9. Sophos

Sophos Luck of The Devil

[X] Train in General Shamanism.
    [X] Train in Onmyoudou.
    [X] Train Furyoku Levels.
    [X] Get to know Misukune. +50% of Event.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  10. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Yoh's Imagination is too low to make a decent Unity-Type Oversoul as he's weapons then would be Misukune's tails. Once he has an Imagination of 10 he'll be able to properly form the tails. Illusions require an imagination of 50 and reflection an imagination of 30.

You could talk to Misukune even without Spirit Unity.

Joco's, original OS was a pure Unity-Type, which gave him a Jaguar's Speed and lethality.

Also when Yoh first used Matamune I think he had a Furyoku level of like 50-130. He only had 270 after training in the Izumo Cave.

11. Irked

Irked Experienced.

so...really need to train art so we can unity

12. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

Exactly. Which is why I voted for a training in Art this round.

13. Ruisu

Ruisu Know what you're doing yet?

I'm feeling kinda stupid now -Throws Kerfirou and burning into a Volcano-

We need to train Art, but at the same time i wan to train in Itoko because Anna D:

14. burningclaw2

15. Ruisu

Ruisu Know what you're doing yet?

-Throws the Sun to burning- You can't dodge this, sadistic!

16. burningclaw2

*backhands it to Ruisu*

17. Dark Ness

The First Art Attempt

Several years have past since Yoh had received a note and a book on drawing from his brother, but this is the first time he had touched it. He felt vaguely guilty abut that, his brother got him this gift and he never used it until now. He opened up the book and skimmed through it. It was full of drawing techniques, encouragements, and things like that, as well as pictures and step by step instructions on how to draw different things. Yoh didn't pay much attention to those, though, he was just idly flipping through the book.

Then Yoh flipped to the beginning of the beginning of the book and started reading. There was the copyright, the author's name, acknowledgements (something about other artists helping him and he wouldn't have been able to do it without them), and all that boring stuff. Yoh doesn't get why authors can't just start books at the first vchapter right away, that is what he would do if he was author. He flipped the pages until he got to the first chapter and he sees a paragragh writte in large bolded letters.

" Stop. Don't read any further until you have made your own drawing. It can be about anything you want and it doesn't need to be great, it is this book's job to teach you how to draw well. When you look back on your drawing, you will realize how far you have come and how you have gotten better. And that, in the opinion of this humble author, is the greatest feeling that art can give you. This book can't give a love of drawing, but it can help you improve what is already there."

Yoh listens to the book, grabs a blank white sheet of paper, and starts drawing with his pen. He decides to draw a picture of his family, his favorite people (although, it is not like he has meet many people outside his family), well, with the exception of his father. So, that is who he draws first. He makes a stick figure and gives him Xs in the place of eyes and an a dead unemotional mouth (at least, that is what he would like to think). Then he draws his Grandfather, who he gives a cane (Gramps always has his cane), a frowny face because he is grumpy a lot, and a hunched back. After that, he draws Mother and he gives her a big simile because she is so happy and kind, as well as nice long hair.

Finally, he starts drawing himself, but his pen slips and he completely messes up his own smile. He sets down the pen, and he feels like he his forgetting something. He looks at the picture again, and he wants to slap himself when he realizes that he forgot to draw Brother! He quickly draws him in and gives him a cool, smug expression, just like he imagines Hao to look like. Now, his picture is complete. Himself and his family all together just like it should be, along with Hao. Thinking about this just strengthens his resolve, he will bring Hao back!
    [​IMG]

Although, when he looks at his picture again, it doesn't quite seem to match up the on in his head. He looks back in the book and compares the pictures in there to his own picture in front of him. He realizes that he has quite along way to go before he has pictures as good as those in the book. But, he won't stop trying, he will work hard to make his pictures better and better, just like Hao told him to in his letter. Maybe if he does a good enough job and impresses Brother, he will come back, if only for a little while?

[END]

My first fan art, my first attempt at using paint, and my first imgur account, so Yoh isn't the only on with firsts.:p As you can see, I am not the best at art, but at least this omake called for a kindergarten level picture, it took me an hour or so to figure out how to upload it, though.

SpadeofPain, codeRR, Derek58 and 7 others like this.
  18. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Question (probably I will have to roll for divination): where and when can we find the other two regalia (kusanagi and the magatama), and Shuten Doji and Nurarihyon? Will we receive canon things like Futsunomitama and a chance to meet Manta and Amidamaru?

19. ryuan

ryuan The guy who can't write smut for shit

[X] Train in General Shamanism.
    [X] Train in Onmyoudou.
    [X] Train Furyoku Levels.
    [X] Get to know Misukune. +50% of Event.

20. burningclaw2

Dark Ness , Please choose one of the following +5 to next Art Roll or a +1 to Intelligence.

Didn't you guys already work that out?

And you guys are going to be going to Funbari. If you really wanted to met them you could.

Dark Ness likes this.
  21. Dark Ness

22. burningclaw2

kk.

23. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Well, I know more or less from google searching, but I don't know if we can have them in this fic.

24. burningclaw2

If they qualify for the position of 'Three Greet Demons' then they'd most likely be here along with Misukune.

25. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Ok, thanks. I know more or less the possible positions of the regalia and the three demons. I suppose that at a certain age we will be allowed to travel where we want in Japan?

26. burningclaw2

Yes you can use summer breaks to hunt the regalia ad such.

27. Dark Ness

If we grab the other spirit stones, will our oversoul become even more unstable? Also, what is our intelligence bonus?

28. burningclaw2

Look at the damned Character Sheet!!!!

As for Oversouls' the only problem with an 'unstable' oversoul is that they're easier to destroy.

Dark Ness likes this.
  29. Dark Ness

I swear, that wasn't there earlier.

Also, that doesn't answer my question. Does it become more unstable?

30. burningclaw2

If she becomes even more ridiculously powered then yes...now that I think of it I should probably reduce her Reiryoku a bit to show that she isn't at full power, cause honestly if 450k is just a fraction of her power just imagine just how overpowered Shuten-Doji would be?