1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yoh Asakura Quest (Shaman King)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by burningclaw2, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

I'm more partial to train our Chō-Senjiryakketsu comprehension, really.

Have you seen some of the the spell list in the Wiki? It makes you droll.

I'm all for maxing Ascetics. I'm proobably going to take Ascetics, Furyoku, Art and Chō-Senjiryakketsu/Onmyoudou.

Kinji Jusatsu and Jugon Zonshi repeatedly for quick team mate Furyoku Increase! :D

2. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

I think I am going to do
    Sakurajima

3. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Omake: Ascetism Tips: How to Meditate (Zazen Style)

The most famous way to meditate is the one where the person usually takes a position in which he has his legs crossed: it's name is the Lotus position, which is part of the Zazen.

Zazen (Seated Position) is a meditative discipline typical of Zen Buddhism, whose main purpose is trying to obtain insight into the nature of existence. It's aim is just sitting, that is, suspending all judgmental thinking and letting words, ideas, images and thoughts pass by without getting involved in them, in other words hearing but not be influenced, making one mind perfectly concentrated.

The initial stages of training in zazen usually emphasize concentration, by focusing on the breath at the Ki center, often aided by counting. This counting meditation is called susokukan, and has several variations. Through this practice one builds up the power of concentration, or joriki. At some Zen centers, the practice of mentally repeating a mantra with the breath is used in place of counting breaths for beginners. In some communities, or sanghas, the practice is continued in this way until there is some initial experience of samadhi or "one-pointedness" of mind. At this point the practitioner moves to one of the other two methods of zazen, the Koan Introspection or the Shikantaza.

Having developed awareness, the practitioner can now focus his or her consciousness on a koan as an object of meditation. Since koans are, ostensibly, not solvable by intellectual reasoning, koan introspection is designed to shortcut the intellectual process leading to direct realization of a reality beyond thought. A koan is is a story, dialogue, question, or statement, which is used in Zen practice to provoke the "great doubt" and test a student's progress in Zen practice.

Shikantaza is, meanwhile, a form of meditation, in which the practitioner does not use any specific object of meditation; rather, practitioners remain as much as possible in the present moment, aware of and observing what passes through their minds and around them. One enters, in such case, in a loop of thinking of nonthinking by nonthinking, etc...

Such art is extremely profound and difficult to practice, and only the arrogant says to have mastered it, as a true master either never master it completely or is too humble to show it. Yoh, as a japanese Shaman, had to learn this style of meditation almost by force, but he founds it interesting, since while you don't do anything you also do something at the same time.

When on the peak of mountains he suffers the harsh environment while trying to meditate in Zazen style, working on archieving an enlighted state, even for a fraction of second: this way he can approach more easily the Kami.

Feeling the bite of the cold and the hunger, he suffers but bears the difficulties, hoping to become at least a bit more near his objective.

[END]

4. Dark Ness

Yoh's Training: Sakurajima

Relatively close to Yoh's home (by the virtue of not being on the other side of the world), Sakurajima is an active composite volcano [and a former island in Kagoshima Prefecture in Kyushu, Japan. The lava flows of the 1914 eruption caused the former island to be connected with the Osumi Peninsula, uniting it with the mainland.

The volcanic activity still continues, dropping large amounts of volcanic ash on the surroundings. Earlier eruptions built the white sands highlands in the region. As of now, the volcano is under a Level 3 (orange) alert by the Japan Meteorological Agency, signifying the volcano is active and should not be approached. It is currently one of three volcanoes with this status.

Sakurajima is a composite mountain. Its summit is split into three peaks, Kita-dake (northern peak), Naka-dake (central peak) and Minami-dake (southern peak) which is active now. Of course, Yoh is going to Minami-dake, an area of the volcano that is so active, it has five to ten eruptions daily.

Sliping past the guards hired to prevent someone from doing this very thing, Yoh starts climbing up the mountain. At first, it isn't so bad, the soot isn't so thick he is having difficulty breathing, the lava isn't nearby, so it isn't too hot. Yoh just walks on top of the black, gravel like, stone.

Unfortunately, that changes. As he keeps going, the soot gets into his lungs and causes him to cough almost constantly. The lava bubbles from the ground and the hate is intense. He starts to sweat buckets, causing his heavy to become wet, and then dry soon after due to the intense heat.

The further up he goes the worse it gets. At one point, his robes catch on fire before he puts it out. He is really starting to regret his decision. This feeling only increases when there is an eruption nearby. It isn't close enough or big enough to truly hurt him, but rocks and soot fall on him, beating him down and making breathing even more difficult. He has been breathing through a strip of cloth over his mouth for a while now, but it is still getting steadily worse.

He doesn't give up, though. He keeps on perservering, trekking up the mountain. He is so close to the top now, and soon enough he reaches it. If he was in a better mood, he might have taken the time to appreciate the awesome might and beauty of Nature, but, as it was, he only turned around. He wanted to get off this stupid mountain as fast as possible, and as he is heading back, he promises himself that he will never come back to this horrible place, this hell on earth.

[END]

And with that, Acestism is maxed.:D

5. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

Really? Aren't there one more rank before it was maxed?

6. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

With the omakes the total is 199: every 10 points we gain 5 levels, which means we go up 95 levels, and we are at 5 with Ascetism at the moment, so we max it.

7. Dark Ness

We should be able to summon Dai Tengu now.

8. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Since Shuten Doji is an Oni we should capture him easily, especially if we max Onmyoudou at 200.

9. Dark Ness

burningclaw2 is it possible to train a spirit's stats? Also, when we grab the stones, will our spirit's stats go up?

10. Irked

Irked Experienced.

when we spirit unity do we get 50% of all our spirits stats or just Strength/Endurance/Dexterity? cus +40 wisdom +39 int could be pretty useful for training.

11. Dark Ness

Only physical stats.

12. Irked

Irked Experienced.

Fair enough, also now that we can use unity what should our combined oversoul/unity double medium look like? I'm thinking the mirror could be held on our chest by Furyoku over our heart which leaves our hands free for martial arts/spells whilst the unity gives us a Fox tail made of Furyoku. either that or the mirror gets added onto the end of a tail and we shoot lasers out of it.

13. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

We should try some unity + armor type OS, maybe something similar to Kurama Chakra Mode (Naruto) but with Tamamo's powers. (Illusions, Fox Fire, Curses, etc.. We should ask about them to burningclaw2).
    Before the Shaman Fight I would like to train Bajiquan again too.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    ryuan likes this.
  14. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

Would watching anime with Tamamo to get idea for oversouls (and spend some time getting to know her) be a valid idea? If so it might be worthwhile to spend an action on, assuming we can at least get a discount on some of the imagination requirements.

15. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

^Well, You don't really do any training, so it can't be a skill for imagination. It would be better to talk to her instead at that point.

16. Irked

Irked Experienced.

if we did that we'd end up with something that looks like this.

http://zeiram0034.deviantart.com/art/Commission-Kitsune-armor-293297392

17. Dark Ness

Before we make a new Oversoul, we should learn what Mikune's fighting style actually is. Since we automatically gain skills when we have spirit unity, it would be better to fit our oversoul to her fighting style instead of the other way around.

burningclaw2 what is her fighting style anyways, and we can we train it next turn (possibly under spirit unity, to increase our gains)?

18. Irked

Irked Experienced.

well seeing as how Spirit unity has a 100% chance to pass on skills and a chance to pass on the technical knowledge i don't see why not.

Dark Ness likes this.
  19. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Only Tamamo's Reiryoku would increase from collecting the Sessho-seki and restoring her to full power A spirit cannot train their stats.
    There are a variety of combat types: Physical, Ranged, Control, and Esoteric.

Tamamo is primarily a Control and Esoteric Spirit. From each of her nine tails, over a thousand demons can be born. Her Seductive Allure can charm men ad women alike where only the most willful may resist her...or a significantly powerful Onmyouji. Her Sessho-seki grants her the ability to defile the area around her in a life devouring poisonous curse. Her Rage is such that Fire rains from the heavens, the earth sunders itself beneath her feet, Tides flee and rise at her command drowning countless lives, Winds howl and bellow forth ripping away all around her, and Lightning crashes down from the clouds with murderous frenzy.

I hope that describes to you just how Flexible Tamamo's oversoul can be.

Derek58, Minion #Q and AZATHOTHoth like this.
  20. Dark Ness

When can we start learning that?

21. burningclaw2

As soon as you can wrap your puny mortal mind at how powerful Tamamo is...and she is back at full power...and after you hit puberty.

22. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Just a thing burning: can you confirm that thanks to the omakes we maxed Ascetism? If yes, can we now have access in some way to Dai Tengu? (summoning maybe?)

23. burningclaw2

Give me a moment I just got done putting your omake's in the index.

You will be able to Use Dai-Tengu...after meeting Anna, you kind of kicked your dad off the edge of mount Everest.

24. burningclaw2

Bajiquan Roll: 37

Art: 91

Furyoku: 8 Months, 89

Ascetism Roll: 112. 87

25. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Thanks, and sorry for all these questions and the trouble! It's pretty obvious, but I enjoy this quest very much :p

26. Biofan09

Biofan09 The Archivist at The End

Paybacks a bitch, huh?

27. burningclaw2

Yoh is very petty...and can apparently hold grudges rather well this time around.

28. Dark Ness

I would say this is going to hurt our relationship, but I actually think it will improve. Dad is weird.

29. burningclaw2

By kick I meant bitchslapped him with Tamamo.

30. Irked

Irked Experienced.

Sweet Sweet vengeance

having someone abandon you on a mountain after you fell off is kind of memorable.

Edit: I REALLY REALLY hope Yoh's dad getting bitchslapped is shown in the update.

ryuan likes this.