1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yoh Asakura Quest (Shaman King)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by burningclaw2, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

It could be possible, we should see it for the future.

2. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Have another +5 for Ascetic training, and I might put an upper limit on bonuses per round.

3. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

We will probably do this often only this time to gain the prodigy trait.

4. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

That will make things difficult, since we need above 80 to get the prodigy trait. Even with the bonus we only have about a 30-40% chance of success and that's only on this roll, we still have to pass the next one.

5. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Well, being a prodigy isn't exactly easy.

6. Dark Ness

Possibly the last omake for this round, depending on what the GM says.

The Adventures of Monk You: Swimming the English Channel

Swimming across the English Channel is no easy tast. More people have climbed Mount Everest and reached the summit, than people have swam across the Channel. The waiting list for a boat to guide you across is two years long and only nine pilots are certified to act as a guide. Needless to say, Yoh didn't wait two years.

There is a reason that people wait for a boat. It makes sure they stay and don't get confused by the lack of landmarks. It can act as a rescue if someone is pulled under or just can't swim any more. It keeps the swimmer safe, and the swimmers family or friends will often be aboard to provide moral support. When Yoh Askura swam the channel, he had none of that.

Up, down, up, down, Yoh just keeps swimming. The water is freezing, not as cold as the mountains, of course, but still bad enough to be very uncomfortable. His robes drag him down as he swims, and he has already gone under and resurfaced dozens of times.

As Yoh swims, he reflects on his life. As long as he can remember, he has worked hard to achieve his ultimate goal of brining his brother back home, even enduring the pain of the Iron Maiden. But, sometimes, Yoh wonders what he would be like if he didn't have his bother to motivate him. Would he be a lazy leach listening to Soul Bob all day and always trying to get out of training, letting others hold up the slack? Nah, You thinks to himself, I would never be like that.

Yoh is hungry, thirsty, and tired, no, exhausted. He has been swimming for over twelve hours, buffeted by waves and held back by treacherous currents. For all his dedication, You just wants to be done. Luckily for him, he finally sees land, he is close to France! Seeing the end in sight, taunting him, Yoh speeds up, filled with determination to finish this and finally have a nap. He mostly focuses on the nap, admittily.

He gets to the shore in under thirety minutes, helped by the currents, like the channel itself is cheering him on. When he finally crawls up upon the sand, he just lays there, panting. He did it! Then, after that inner declaration, he falls asleep, exhausted.

7. burningclaw2

Alright Dark Ness since its getting ridiculous on the amount of buffs for Yoh's ascetic training I'll do this.

Choose either +5 for Ascetic Training this year(I will cap omake bonuses at 20), or a +1 for Endurance Growth Rolls this year.

8. Dark Ness

The first one. Also, can we still write omakes for other things, like the Furyoku or Endurence rolls?

9. burningclaw2

If you want but omake bonuses will cap at 20.

Dark Ness likes this.
  10. Dark Ness

Does anyone want to write some omakes for furyoku? Valeshin maybe?

11. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Maybe later: now I'm at party lol

Dark Ness likes this.
  12. Dark Ness

Okay, have fun! I wasn't saying you have to or anything.

13. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

No problem, I'll probably do one later or tomorrow morning.

Dark Ness likes this.
  14. Ruisu

Ruisu Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Check out the Yata no Kagami. Success Chance: 70%.
    [X] Train Furyoku Levels
    [X] Train in Ascetism

15. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

Mockery

Anna blinked; she was watching the young heir of the Asakura clan train.
    “Ka!” she heard.
    At least that was what the servant had told her he was doing, when she had been told to look for him in the courtyard. At any rate, he was certainly putting in a lot of effort. The aura of pure power he was emitting was impressive to say the least. However, his awareness could use some work, given that he seemed to have no idea she was here. Still, she was generous and would wait for him to finish because she was, she bit her lip and tried to remember the right word, mag-Anna-mus and not because she was curious at all to see what would happen when he finished. After all Yoh had been standing there releasing huge amounts of power.
    “Me!” she heard.
    So he had to be training, even if she had no clue what he was doing. She’d never even heard of a training regime like it before.
    “Ha!” she heard.
    She was close enough that she could hear something of what he was saying but the wind seemed to drown most of it out.
    “Me!”
    She watched, waiting to see what the attack he had spent the last few minutes on would do. “Ha!” Anticipation flared as the attack launched. Anna was already imagining the crater at the other end of the beam. Only to face plant, shocked, as the huge amount of energy Yoh had fired hit the tree and did nothing. She spun to look back at him and saw him fall to his knees, breathing hard but he had a smile on his face. She couldn't help but cry out in surprise. “What was the point of that?”
    Yoh turned towards her when he heard her call out, and he sheepishly raised his hand behind his head as he thought. He spent several seconds trying to figure out who she was while the only noise was the low murmur of Soul Bob playing on his headphones. “Oh, you’re that girl, Anna, right.”
    “Don’t change the subject; what was that technique?” she asked.
    “You don’t recognize it?” he replied. “It’s pretty famous after all, it was the secret technique of the turtle school of marshal arts; the KaMeHaMeHa wave.”
    Anna raised her hand in thought. “I’ve never heard of it,” she said, slowly, thinking. “Wait. I do think I recognize that name but from where…” only to freeze as the realization struck her. At that moment Anna snapped, she forget that he was a prodigy far beyond her in strength, she forgot that she was a guest in his home and she forgot that she was supposed to play nice with her fiancée. She didn’t think and only reacted and that reaction involved slamming him into the ground with a single blow. “You idiot! Everyone knows those techniques aren't real. If you are going to train, you shouldn't waste your time on such garbage.” Anna walked away fuming over the embarrassment.
    Yoh watched her go. That girl was really Scary, he thought to himself. He made a mental note to avoid angering her in the future before he nodded to himself and turned to face his faithful spirit who had just rejoined him after releasing unity. “Tamano, some of your ideas are amazing. Training our Oversoul by mimicking and recreating the various things that I draw or see in Manga is a great idea, but no matter how useful it is we are not going to practice the backlash wave until after she leaves.” He then proceeded to drop to the ground exhausted, but as he fell asleep Yoh could feel her tail wrap around him and as he closed his eyes, he heard her happy reply, “of course Goshujin-sama.”

a cute short that came from both Saiyons and Shamon's gaining power near death.

Edit-All right due to another post by the OP I took another look at my writing in an attempt to fix the many errors within. I tried to fix the flaws but i'm still not sure if it's up to code, I would grab some one to go over it, but it's three in the morning and not only do I have to get up in a couple of hours, but everyone I would talk to is asleep anyway. Much like I will be in a minute.
    Goodnight everyone
    Edit-changed more

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    SpadeofPain, Selias, Vlagh999 and 2 others like this.
  16. burningclaw2

Grammar use it.

Dark Ness and ryuan like this.
  17. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

right, I thought it was ok I'll grab someone to go over it in the morning.

18. burningclaw2

There are a lot of unneeded wrap arounds, and a lot of undercased letters. Not to mention the lack of "" and '' makes it hard to identify what's being said/thought and what is actions.

Ruisu likes this.
  19. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Omake: Shaman Path: A Guide to Furyoku

Yoh Asakura had an extremely good birthday, receiving many great gifts; he especially liked the book about Furyoku given by his grandmother: he read it with a thirst of knowledge about the topic, and he got the basis pretty quickly.

Furyoku, or Shamanic Power, is sort of a measure for the sixth sense every organism is born with, and it's absolutely necessary to even the smallest and easiest shaman magic. Also described as product of pure willpower, it can be both natural and apparently also artificial, like in the famous Golems in myths.
    At birth every person has a automatic chosen amount of furyoku given by the Great Spirit, and upon death it return in the stream of souls of it. During one life, experiences form memories, who will follow the spirit when it returns in the stream: these in turn becomes furyoku, allowing the basic cycle of life and its growth.

However Furyoku can be improved, but there isn't a psysical way to do so, just like the other senses, who are all inborn "powers". The most famous and known way is entering a pseudo or near death experience.
    One can become stronger when he relies only on his Furyoku sense and is able to face his negativity, sustaining himself with strenght of heart; this is the most dangerous way because one either improves or fails, becoming broken but suffering as he is usually still alive.

Another way is directly entering on purpose the near death status, because when one is dead or in brink of it, if he is revived and healed he will exponentially rise his furyoku, becoming much stronger in the process.
    Thus, a good way to do so is using torture devices, like the Iron Maiden he used, to enter this state and survive, constantly rising his power.

Furyoku determines the power output of a Shaman, and it's necessary in high number to create a stable OS with a guardian spirit, sustain himself during longer and longer battles, and so go on.
    Because of this, Yoh understood that one like himself would have to constantly rise his furyoku, because Hao surely had an absurd quantity of Furyoku to use, and he would need it to face him and the people in the Shaman Fight.

Yoh knew he was still nowhere strong enough to face the future, but he was only six and he had time to spare to train and prepare himself before the Shaman Fight.

He will not back down, or surrender. Never.

[END]

Mostly curiosities about the basis of Shaman King. I'll probably do other omakes like this in the future, maybe on Itoko or Kannushi when we will do them.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  20. burningclaw2

Alright Valeshin which do you prefer, +5 to Furyoku training this turn, or +1 to this years Wisdom roll.

21. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Let's go for furyoku :p

22. Dark Ness

The Iron Maiden: First year of furyoku

A horrible device of either torture or execution, the Iron Maiden is something that few enter willingly. An iron coffin shaped like a women in a twisted reference to Mary, few would dispute the vile nature of it or it's creators.If you were to look inside of it, you would see iron spikes jutting out from all side, ready to pierce who ever is tossed inside.

Yoh Asakura is one of the few who can say that they survived entering the Iron Maiden, and one of the fewer that can say that they have gone inside more then once. Before Yoh entered the Iron Maiden, he was simply an ignorant child. He was dedicated, yes, but it didn't yet understand how difficult his chosen method of gaining power would be.

Furyoku, a measure of shamanic power, called mana by the English. It can be increased by purposely putting oneself in a near death state, something the Iron Maiden is quite capable of doing, even if it is not the most efficient way. It is still much more effective at increasing someone's furyoku then the alternate method of stripping the senses.

When Yoh first enters the Iron Maiden, he is not prepared. The short, sharp, iron spikes pierce his body, and the pain is horrible. It feels like his nerves are on fire, like he is dying, which he is. He screams, he cries, he even yells out curses that he overheard. The pain is to much for him to bear, and he fades in and out of consciousness.

After an undeterminable amount of time, Yoh is pulled out of the Iron Maiden to be healed and to get some rest to help his recovery. While resting he also trains in Onmyoudou under his grandfather, before he goes back inside the torture chamber. In, out, in, out, Yoh's days are a blur of pain, sleep, and training. Soon enough, though, he stops feeling the pain and his mind becomes more clear.

He can feel himself getting stronger every day, now. The Iron Maiden really is increasing his spiritual power, and his grandfather and mother say that he is stronger then both of them combined. He knows that he isn't strong enough yet, though. He WILL bring his brother Hao back, no matter what. He will do what ever he needs to, endure any trail, and push on through everything the world can throw at him to get his brother back. Yoh Asakura will succeed or he will die trying.

[END]

You said this a while ago:
    What did you mean by that? Also, do you think you could tell us how beginning of the series Yoh compares to us in skills?

On a completely unrelated note, I love this quest, it is one of my favorites (which is why I write these omakes for it).

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  23. burningclaw2

Think about just whom Amaterasu and the Spirit are related to. Izanagi is one of Japans Gods of Creation, whose flesh gave rise to the Sun, Moon, and Storms.

The Mirror can act as a weapon style Catalyst but you guys started out having another possible Catalyst for specific Shinto Kami. Think of how Joco uses OS.

As for Skill comparisons, your better as a Shaman then Canon!Yoh, and you probably are about the same in various skills like math and science, if only because Canon!Yoh was a lazy kid. Martial Wise you don't have a style at the moment. You are also way more powerful then Canon!Yoh was at your age, Furyoku wise.

And thanks for the complement :D.

Now for your omake reward, one time +5 to Furyoku Training, or a +1 to this years Wisdom Roll.

KenNM and dragonx99 like this.
  24. Dark Ness

Furyoku. Also, it looks like I need to read up on Japenese mythology.

25. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

My first instinct is the 108 Spirit Bead Rosary counts as a medium for the spirit of the mirror. That said after thinking of it I wonder if we can get the mirror spirit addicted to Soul Bob as well, and use Yoh's headphones as a medium? That would be kind of awesome.

26. burningclaw2

No one knows Joco Cocolove(sp?) it seems.

27. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Are you perhaps saying that we can use our body and the mirror as mediums at the same time, like Joco?

28. burningclaw2

Am I? Maybe~

Besides don't tell me you haven't thought of Yoh with Fluffy Tails appearing once you saw that Mirror.

ryuan likes this.
  29. Dark Ness

I honestly didn't

30. burningclaw2

;.;