1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zuko Self Insert or Second Son of Iroh?

Discussion in 'General' started by Metabolicjosh, Mar 30, 2021.

1. CelticMonk

CelticMonk Know what you're doing yet?

Second son with expanded chi abilities sounds awesome to me.

Tunak23 likes this.
  2. Tunak23

Tunak23 From the West to the East

If you end up doing the Iroh second/third son story please do give us the link on this thread.
    Would love to read it.

3. B00ki5h

B00ki5h Verified: Oddball, Lurker, and Dabbler

Second son, Zuko is to high profile. A semi-legitimate child could see us trained under Iroh's peers, because while we could never likely take the throne Ozai would tolerate a potential right hand for his heir.

Think about it Jong Jong, Piandao, the fire sages, the dragons, and any masters from the white lotus who would teach us on the side. So many ways to earn power.

FTR2017 and Tunak23 like this.
  4. Psyren1596

Psyren1596 Know what you're doing yet?

Second son and NO genderbend Zuko pls. That would be an entertaining fic.

Tunak23 likes this.
  5. Turaco

Turaco The thing

Honestly doing Naruto-style non elemental Jutsu's would be fine by my books. The fantasy of the worlds isn't too dissimilar to make it jarring, so you can make it work.

Second son of Iroh though wouldn't work for Iroh's character development we get in the show however, so I'd go for Zuko SI w/ Kenobi snark or simply be the child of a third Fire Nation royal who's dead. That way Iroh is still uncle, and Azula is your cousin instead of toxic sister.

Metabolicjosh likes this.
  6. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Legitimate son of Iroh, taking back the throne, alongside taking Azula, and Best Girl.

Tunak23 likes this.
  7. 0Jordinio0

0Jordinio0 I'm told I give great hugs. Bear-tastic even.

Personally, if it's going the Azula route, I'd prefer the OC noble kid, I'm just not into incest.

FTR2017 likes this.
  8. TheVolunteer

TheVolunteer Not too sore, are you?

I would definitely prefer Second Son of Iroh. Way more interesting than another SI of Zuko. I think you would need to take a look at the potential ramifications of this though on the actions of Ozai. The pretense for Ozai going to Azulon is that Iroh has no heir, so Ozai would make a better choice as Fire Lord. With Iroh having a second son, what changes? Does Ozai attempt to have the kid killed? How does Iroh react to that? Does an Iroh who still has something to live for put up more resistance to Ozai’s plans, is he less attentive to Zuko, etc? There’s a lot more to think about but if done right it could be crazy interesting.

9. Ney☆Ru

Ney☆Ru The song of the stars resounds everywhere.

What would the genderbender be useful for Zuko? If not to be the MC's love interest, I see no point in such a choice. I'm not a writer though, so there's probably an option I'm not seeing. Anyway, I agree with the comment above, such scenarios would be very interesting to see if done right.