1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by yrsillar, Nov 27, 2014.

1. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

Thanks, I probably should have reviewed the previous time we went shopping.

Hangwind likes this.
  2. a2znut

a2znut Needs more handholding. [Forever DM]

[X] Buy a Paralysis Salve
    [X] Sell Crude Staff

[X]Try to pick up someone else?
    -[X] Shimah the Hexer

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  3. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Shopping:
    - [X] Buy an Ether
    - [X] Sell Crude Staff

Really need to get more space.

[X] Try to pickup someone else:
    - [X] Shimah the Hexer

Rolf & co. already have their team-up, and it looks pretty solid. Though they might pick either Kirk the archer or Alex the lightning elementalist for long range options. Left alone, Kirk, Alex, Hiro, and Shimah might become a team, depending on personal tastes (like Anshelm's preference for higher leveled companions and his competitive spirit versus more masculine warriors).

Shimah offers the one thing we really need to cover the bases, a healer. Sadly, we are pretty debuff heavy, and might be wary versus Solo enemies.

Since Sera is not around, the Boots will not be in effect, thus going into the Cavern is a bit less useful than if she is around. Also, we might choose to go to the Glade level D for a practice run with Shimah though.

4. redaeth

Maya is our DPS, I bet there is a lovely bonus to stealth attacks. If Shimah can debuff armor or increase elemental damage taken she'll do well on our team indeed.
    As for going for the Glade afterwords it isn't worth it. I dunno. The best idea with that is splitting up into 2 man teams. The problem with that however is that the Bonus Bosses are slightly out of a 2 man teamup at our current level. Maybe after we got ice magic D?

5. a2znut

a2znut Needs more handholding. [Forever DM]

I'm of the opinion we should get something just in case of status effects that we might suffer.

GiftofLove likes this.
  6. redaeth

Maybe 1-2 antidotes. We just don't have the inventory space for more then a couple status ailment cures. Which is probably why most adventurers are going to be carrying around a panacea.

7. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

- [X] Shimah the Hexer
    The reasoning here is that later on we'll need a 5-man group, and knowing more people will make making such a group easier. Firthermore, given our group set up (with a CC-mage and a defensive-warrior, as well as DoT-mage and Stealth-rogue), it seems a Hexer is much better than a full-on healer.

[X]You’ll be fine… buy some antidotes on the way out though.
    Yeah, we can do the crystal cave i think, especially with this 'safer' party. Depending on how it goes we could totally do the double-duo goblin glade, but we'll that later, as Maya will probably insist on being with Anshelm and we probably need to see Shimah in action first.

8. redaeth

It's still called Crystal Lake.

Grosstoad likes this.
  9. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Note: 9 Inventory slots - 3 Potions - 1 Amrita - 2 more Amritas - 1 Ether - 1 Crude Staff = 1 slot left.
    The Crude Staff is a starter gear that most Elementalists get, so let's sell that?

Also, we are buying only for Alice's personal use. The others will pick on their own.
    Not to mention picking up Shimah is intended so that we do not require more recovery items.

EDIT: Oh, wait, there is that Escape Orb as well.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  10. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

[X] Buy or Sell?
    -[X] Buy an ether
    -[X] Buy an antidote
    -[X] Sell Crude Staff
    -[X] Shimah the Hexer

11. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Maya gives Al a sly look, crossing her arms beneath her breasts. "I'm starting to see a pattern in your party selections, Al."

a2znut, Grosstoad and Xicree like this.
  12. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X] Buy or Sell?
    -[X] Buy an ether
    -[X] Buy an antidote
    -[X] Sell Crude Staff
    -[X] Shimah the Hexer

13. delwgun

delwgun I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Buy or Sell?
    -[X] Buy an ether
    -[X] Buy an antidote
    -[X] Sell Crude Staff
    -[X] Shimah the Hexer

14. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

[X] Buy or Sell?
    -[X] Buy an ether
    -[X] Buy an antidote
    -[X] Sell Crude Staff
    -[X] Shimah the Hexer

15. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

+1 Ether, +1 Antidote, -1 Crude Staff. Total cost -15 Gilder

Well really only one good choice, Jack looks pretty content with his group, and there’s only one other cleric in the room… why couldn’t she be a guy though?

“Looks like we should go for that Shimah lady then,” you say resignedly.

Anshelm glances over in her direction and nods, his usual scowl-y look brightening up for a second, “Sounds good.”

Maya gives you a sly look though, “Al, you dog, what will poor Seraphine think?”

“What. No. I. You’re the one who said we needed a Cleric,” You aren’t interested in Seraphine like that anyway, but you strongly suspect pointing that out would be worse than useless.

Maya sighs, and reaches over to pinch Anshelm’s ear, drawing a surprisingly childish yelp from the warrior. His eyes jerk away from the Cleric, who is now looking in your direction, “I don’t really care for the competition. It’s for the good of the party though.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean. Crazy woman,” Anshelm grumbles, rubbing his ear while looking at Maya reproachfully.

“Right,” You’re just going to ignore the last ten seconds or so entirely, “Well, we should probably talk to her before we make any plans anyway.”

“Right you are Al,” Maya responds cheerfully. She stands, and you and Anshelm follow in her wake as she makes her way over to the Cleric’s table.

Shimah for her part regards you neutrally as you approach. Now that you’re giving her more than a moment’s notice you notice some other odd thing sabout the way she looks. Her hair is done up in these really tight little braids, which are then gathered into a ponytail like Maya’s. It’s a western thing you guess. She also seems to have a thing for jewelry going by the bangles on her wrists and the the gemstone stud in her lower lip. Must all be normal though, those slots don’t open for awhile yet.

Looks like the Cleric’s starting armor isn’t bad though, so you won’t have to deal with that, looks mostly like a dark blue dress with a sort of long tabard with the symbols of the Goddesses on top and bound by a belt… which looks totally off from the rest of the outfit, considering the grinning horned skull on the buckle… accessory maybe?

Oh, right, talking. “…Something I can help you with?” you catch the second half of her greeting. She has a bit of an accent, but nothing too bad.

“Well I certainly hope so,” Maya responds cheerfully. “We were intending to take on the Crystal Lake today, and well. There are plenty of status using enemies about. Would you be interested in coming along with our party today?”

Shimah takes a moment to respond, her eyes scanning just above your heads, and then back down to your faces. Checking your classes and levels, you suppose.

“Our level may be somewhat low for that dungeon,” she points out, “But your party is well chosen. And you carry some quality gear,” She pauses for a moment to think, and then nods. “Very well. I wish for one of the talismans from that dungeon. If one drops, I trust there is no trouble in my having it?”

Maya nods easily enough, and you respond, “Why wouldn’t it be, none of us can use talismans, those are the Cleric’s weapon, right?”

Shimah glances over to you, and you fidget, what, why the stare. “This group may be quite good. Not everyone is so polite…. Al,” her eyes track over your shoulder, and you glance back. Oh hey Kirk and Alex, well you knew one was a jerk. Sucks that the cute one is too.

Anshelm speaks up, “No point in acting greedy over loot you can’t even use. Crappy way to keep a good party.”

Maya simply shrugs, smiling slightly, “Nothing wrong with a little self-interest, but isn’t it better to think in the long term? A good working relationship is worth more than a few gilder for young branded like us.”

Shimah simply inclines her head in agreement, “Will we be setting out soon? I have already finished my meal.”

“I think we will, we may as well get a quick start,” Maya responds. Shimah stands to join you, and you notice one last thing about her… she’s tall, like really tall. She’s a good head taller than Maya, who’s taller than you. Anshelm barely comes up to the bottom of her chest.

You make sure your other party members are between you and your old… acquaintance's table as you leave. It draws a curious look from Shimah, but she doesn’t say anything.

As the four of you head out of the city, you cast one last glance around, just in case you can spy Seraphine, no luck though, “So Shimah, mind telling us about your skills?”

“I would not mind, it seems prudent to know one another’s abilities,” She pauses, as the four of you reach the gate, glancing toward the trade road a trifle nervously, wonder what’s up with that. ”As you would expect I can restore health, and cure status effects, though only on one person at a time. Items such as potions and amrita’s are also more effective in my hands.”

Sounds good, “My specialization is hexes. This makes my status effects and debuffs more likely to connect. I can currently reduce a single enemies offense or defense per spell. My weapon skill simply increases the effects of my healing.”

“How about personal skills?” Maya asks over her shoulder as you begin to travel, Crystal Lake is way off from Wailing Cave and pretty far from the Glade. “We’ll all share ours as well. We already have with each other.”

Shimah, for her part barely pauses a beat. “The first grants be increased SP and resistance to Charm and Confusion. The second causes the accuracy of debuffs and Status effects cast by myself to rise as damage dealt in a room accrues.”

Huh, how does that… “You mean damage to you? Damage to enemies? Allies?”

Shimah simply shrugs, and boy does that draw Anshelm’s eye, “As far as I can tell, all damage. I prefer to wait until a battle has progressed before casting those spells.”

“Probably a good idea. Anyway, my skills are…” Maya begins with her part. You and Anshelm taking turns thereafter. Once you’ve got your skills all laid out party chat falls to less serious things. Well until Anshelm and Maya wander a bit further ahead, while Maya teases the cute warrior.

Shimah looks down at you out of the corner of her eye, and speaks up quietly. “Is there some reason they refer to you as male? I apologize if this is some eastern custom I am unaware of. It has been confusing me, though.”

“Geh…” Seen through so easily. The problem is you don’t really have a good reason. You just don’t like getting treated like a girl, it’s easier if people just think you’re a guy and act accordingly. “It’s just a personal preference. Not something to worry about, and it’s not hurting anything, right?” you hurry to say, glancing ahead to Maya and Anshelm.

“I suppose not. It still seems strange to me,” the hexer says after a moment, “It is not my place to intrude though. Thank you for answering my curiosity.”

“No problem, just keep it under your hat,” You grumble. Sometimes you really wonder why you bother, as far as you can tell there’s less… what do you call it, gender role garbage among branded, probably cause at sufficiently high levels a woman and a man are equally capable of choke slamming a dragon, but whatever. You’re sticking with your current plan of operation for now.

“I do not have a hat,” Shimah says after a moment, “Nor do I understand how one would keep a secret under one. Have I misunderstood your words?” right, she’s probably not a native speaker, guess that wouldn’t make sense to her.

“It’s… it’s just a expression, it means don’t say anything,” Holy crap, suddenly Maya at your shoulder.

“What’s this about secrets?” She asks cheerfully, “Has Al been sharing some juicy gossip? Do tell.”

“No, it’s nothing important…” You end up fending off Maya for the rest of trip, she’s pretty persistent. At least Shimah isn’t talking, no matter how much Maya tries to get her to crack.

Crystal Lake is oddly beautiful, a perfect sky blue lake that stretches out to the edge of horizon, filled with growths of glittering multi-colored crystal that rise in twisting spires from the water. The entrance to the dungeon a tunnel carved into one particular crystal growth that heads down to the lake bottom.

Crystal Lake
    Level Cap 6
    Ranks Unlocked: E
    Condition: Defeat the Boss
    Recommended Party Size: 4
    Rooms 8

“Alright, so first, a warning. My last party had to escape at the fourth room. So I don’t know what might be past that.” Maya begins, all too cheerfully. The first rooms are filled with these nasty crystal spiders and floating jellyfish though, and all of them are poisonous.”

You shudder briefly. Spiders, it just had to be Goddess damned spiders, stupid creepy things. You hate being kind of afraid of them, like hell you’re going to let that stop you. Anyway, Maya is still talking. “…It’s probably going to hurt, but we really need you to keep their focus on you Anshelm. If everyone gets poisoned we’re going to have a really bad time.”

“Got it.” Anshelm, responds confidently, “They won’t even get a chance to attack you or Shimah,” wait, what, isn’t there a name missing in there!

Maya pats him on the shoulder, “My hero. Be careful about you’re health though.”

“No,” You speak up, pointing your staff at the short warrior, “Why am I not included in that?”

Anshelm blinks, and glances over at you…. did he forget about you or something. Somehow you’re really pissed off. “Uh… well with your staff and all the area attacks, I can’t always keep up with the threat you generate, with my current skills…” He says after a moment. You’re eyebrow twitches. Likely excuse.

“Tch, Just do your best then,” you grumble, at least pricking his pride seems to work, he scowls at you and draws himself up.

“Course I will. I’m the best. I’m just you, know, saying you might want to watch out for stragglers,” He kinda trails off at the end.

“Do not concern yourself Al. I am capable of keeping an eye on your health as well if it comes down to it,” huh, what’s with the hand on your shoulder. You aren’t scared or anything. Just annoyed. Yes, just annoyed.

“My, poor Seraphine.” Maya says with a sigh. You glare at her, but she just laughs. Whatever, time to get started.

The first room is a dome like chamber of blue-ish see through crystal. It would be really pretty, walking under water and all, if it weren’t for the bakers dozen of dog sized spiders made of shiny black crystal. Anshelm shouts his challenge, and you bite back the scream building in your throat. Instead You level your staff and unleash a freezing blast over the whole group as they converge on Anshelm.

Maybe your magic can feel your disgust and powered up, or maybe you just got lucky, but a full four of them freeze solid. Anshelm shouts “Nice!” and shatters one of the horrible little things with a spear thrust, good for him. It helps you guess that they only have fifteen health each, and your frost spray takes off over half of that in one go.

They don’t take too long to put down, and despite the earlier warning, Anshelm doesn’t let any of them get at you. Those few that try to feel away get quickly stabbed or shouted back into focusing on him. Still, you might have expended a little more SP than was strictly necessary to put them down.

Anshelm got poisoned once, but Shimah fixed him up right quick, the second room is much the same, you’re traveling deeper into the lake, and the crystal fades to green. Second room was a lucky roll, only five spiders, four floating Jellyfish though.

“The jellyfish have a lot of health, concentrate on them. I can put the rest down quick!” You find yourself shouting to your horror. It’s true though, It’s costly for your SP but you really are good at killing the spiders. Serves the horrible little things right. The room passes with minimal fuss, but you decide to drink an amrita afterword.

“My, you just keep proving your value. My last group didn’t have an elementalist, killing these things took much longer without one,” Maya congratulates you, “If you need it, I can give you an amrita, we’re really going to need you on the next rooms.”

“What is in the next rooms,” you ask warily, you aren’t dumb, Maya isn’t terribly generous, even if she isn’t outright greedy. The next couple rooms must suck.

“Just the usual in the next one, but the floor is covered in a thin layer of acid, it will hurt everyone more and more if we take took long.” Acid floors, yep, that sucks alright.

“Since it’s a damage room, we can’t stay to heal afterword… and the next room is completely full of spiders, as well as three giant egg sacks that spawn more every few seconds. We have to push through quickly and destroy the egg sacks, or we’ll get overwhelmed.” Maya says, a trace of a frown on her lips.

You laugh, but it’s kind of a strangled slightly crazy sound. Shimah regards you warily, glancing at your health display. Does she think you’re poisoned? Anshelm and Maya are looking at you oddly too. No. You aren’t going to let some little asshole spiders stop you. You are Alice Falconis, and you’re going to dig into every secret the dungeons have. If that means going exterminator on a spider nest, so be it. “It’s nothing, it’s nothing.” You say, shaking your head, “I’ll take that amrita though, I’m going to have to go full blast here.”

“Right…” Anshelm responds, “Gonna be relying on you here. Those little shits hurt when they bite.” Huh, weird, you wonder why he would say that.

Maya passes you an amrita, and you put it away…. Then the lot of you start the next room. The pain begins immediately, the red crystal tunnel running along the lakebed is ankle deep with sizzling green liquid. A dozen spiders creep along the walls and three more of the Jellyfish float slowly toward your party.

As usual Anshelm shouts, and you start blasting with a vengeance. Shimah has to work hard to keep Anshelm and the rest of you healed with the constant damage, but the room passes mercifully quick, you spy the healer taking an Amrita just before you move to the next room.

A huge dome of black crystal, every surface writhes with life and glittering webs. You channel fear into action and cast your Chill Aura, even as Anshelm swallows thickly and calls out a challenge, bringing down near three dozen crystal spiders on himself.

You can’t let up for an instant. Maya and Anshelm kill any who fail to freeze or die as you push toward the first of the spawners. You take a couple of painful bites, but Anshelm takes far more. Even with Shimah healing him constantly and you sporadically, he has to chug a Hi-Potion by the time you reach the first Egg Sack. It has sixty health, what the hell.

The worst part you think is the way the little monsters don’t make any sound save the skittering of crystal on crystal that makes your skin crawl. Even When Anshelm skewers them, or bashes them with his shield, or when they curl up and die from your ice, they don’t make a sound. No time for that though. Things to kill. You blast the egg sack, and the trio of spiders it just spawned, and barely do one sixth of its health. Shimah pauses her healing just long enough to hex the things defense down, and then then three of you tear into it. Precious seconds pass, but the thing soon goes up in black smoke, and the tide of spiders lessens. You have to use up your antidote and a potion though, just to keep up.

Each one after is easier, but by the time the third is destroyed and the last of the spiders slain, you’ve gone through an Ether and an Amrita. You’re really glad you decided to buy that. You collapse to your knees, and gasp for breath as the last spider dies. Adrenaline finally fading. This room was bullshit, you hate it.

Shimah is healing everyone, and you nod thankfully to her as your health refills. Maya is relatively unwounded, but she’s the only one, you think Anshelm took at least twice his total health in damage during that room. He looks pretty twitchy. When he catches you looking in his direction he nods thankfully.

“It’s all new territory from here.” Maya sighs, “Do we want to push on, I know we all used a lot of resources here.”

“L-like hell I’m going to give up after dealing with that,” You grumble, and Anshelm grins at you.

“What Al said. We can take it. Worst case we can Orb out.” He declares.

“I have three amrita’s remaining.” Shimah states calmly, seemingly unruffled by the frenetic combat, “I believe we can continue.”

The next roomis a complete turnaround from the last. The crystal is a faintly glowing white, and once again you can see the water all around. It also seems worked and carved by intelligent hands into some kind of entrance hall… probably by the tall crystal guys with various weapons that are advancing on you. You guess you aren’t welcome.

Three with swords and shields, three with staves, and one with…

“The one in the back is a cleric,” Shimah calls out, “it would be wise to slay it first.”

“I’ll get right on that. Anshelm?” Maya responds, already fading from sight.

“Yeah, yeah. Here we go again.” He grumbles, but his challenging cry is just as enthusiastic as always. All of these things have a fair bit of health so you chill out a little with the blasting and try to keep them all slowed. A lucky freeze hits one of the mages as it casts. The other hits Anshelm with a bolt of sickly green gunk that sizzles and burns on contact though. The cleric trying to heal the ones you and Anshelm are working on when Maya appaears, both daggers buried in its lower back. With a sound like glass shattering she twists them and the things crystal body cracks and shatters. Nice. Clean up doesn’t take too long after that.

“These things must ignore armor. Some of it at least.” Anshelm grumbles, while taking a potion. Best to save Shimah’s SP for actual fights.

“I could likely mitigate that, but it would be best for me to conserve my SP for greater foes, I suspect.” Shimah adds as she takes one of her three remaining amrita’s.

“Probably, if I see one higher leveled than the others I’ll let you know,” you say.

“That is one useful skill you have there, Al,” Maya says with a sigh. “Where did you get it?”

“From my Mom, she works at the fusion labs. It’s a new one according to her.” You reply.

“Lucky.” Maya replies, “I’m glad I accepted your advances yesterday.”

“Yep, I’m pretty great.” You respond cheerfully, drawing a chuckle from the other woman as you move on.

The next room is a much harder, especially with the golden glow of the crystal making it hard to see. You can’t even see the water outside through it. Six of the crystal warriors wait for you here, alongside a pair of Mages and a Cleric…. There’s also a big hulky one with an Axe the size of Anshelm’s torso. That one has the name knight, it has a level and twenty health on the warriors.

Second verse, same as the first. Anshelm draws fire and you keep the melee slowed. Maya starts working on the Cleric’s and Shimah weakens the knight so he kicks like a slightly smaller mule. No lucky crits for Maya this time though, so the clerics take a little longer to kill and have time to buff and heal the melee a few times before they go down. You eat an acid bolt from a mage but other than that Anshelm keeps their attention, and once the clerics fall it’s just a matter of attrition. Luckily Shimah is a pretty good healer, even if she has to down another Amrita to keep it going.

The next room is back to being white crystal again…. And contains no enemies, merely a big gate with six keyholes lined up across the center. Too the left there’s a sort of altar with seven keys in different colors. Blue, green, red, black, white, yellow and purple. Well that’s obvious enough. You have to match the keys to the right key holes. Probably spawn something nasty if you do it wrong.
    You frown, wondering why those colors look familiar. You glance around, and catch Shimah’s eyes, looks like she’s thinking the same thing. Maya is searching around for any alternate exits, while Anshelm is just taking a breather for a moment. “Hey Shimah…. Do you think the key’s are meant to match the colors of the rooms we passed through?” You say after a moment.

“I believe so. It seems sensible, and the puzzles of early dungeons are often simple, from what I have heard.” She replies, “Do you recall the order?”

“It was blue, then green.” Maya calls out as she wanders back over.

“Then it was red, black, white.” You add.

“And then finally the yellow matches the golden crystal of the last room.” Shimah says.

You nod confidently, yep, that makes sense. Anshelm is the one to actually put the keys in, just in case something nasty jumps out, but it seems that you were all correct. The gate opens… and the boss room awaits.

The Boss is no easy thing. No less than three of the crystal axe knights, another armed with spear and shield, a Cleric, and the Boss itself. A level six ‘Crystal Lord'. The thing is pretty huge and a lot more well formed than the other’s. It has much clearer human-ish features, and is formed entirely of white and red crystals. It’s armed with some kind of spear-staff, and wears a robe, so you figure it must be a caster.

You are unfortunately proven right when right after Anshelm challenges them he gets a burst of ice, right in the face that slows him down. The damn monster is using your tricks. The Cleric gets off some kind of buffing spell on the boss before it goes down unfortunately, and Shimah has to spend her first moments fixing Anshelm’s slowed state.

It actually get’s pretty dicey, while the Cleric drops fast enough. The Spear knight is a real brick and seems to have an ability that lets it take hits for the boss. They also do tons of damage. It’s everything Shimah can do to keep Anshelm above the halfway mark until the combined fire from you and Maya brings down the spear knight. The boss for its part doesn’t use many spells, just an occasional ice blast, it mostly attacks with its spear thing and heals itself.

It does summon a pair of crystal warriors when one of the axe knights drops though, what a pain. It takes time and sweat, but eventually you wear the thing down. The Lord has a pretty limited SP pool so once it blows its load summoning reinforcements it goes down a lot faster. Finally. Finally the last one falls. You are out of amrita’s and so is Shimah. Anshelm blew through most of his potions too, it’s probably a really good thing you brought Shimah along. Even Maya had to use most of her healing up.

In any case, the Victory pane pops up.

Congratulations!
    You have gained the following!

60 Experience
    8 Job Points
    100 Gilder

The party Has Looted the Following

9 [Potion]
    6 [Amrita]
    2 [Antidote]
    2[Panacea]
    1 [Spider Talisman] ] A crystal Talisman shaped like a stylized Spider. Grants bonus SP and Increased Debuff and Status Accuracy. Value 70
    1 [Crystal Staff] A outgrowth of a larger crystal imbued with the the power of Water. Value 70
    1 [Crystal Shield] A disc of red crystal imbued with resistance to Elemental Damage. Value 80
    1 [Crystal Breastplate] Silver Crystal imbued with supernatural toughness. So shiny your enemies have a hard time hitting you. Value ?
    1 [Crystal Boots] Boots with soles of pliable crystal grants the wearer resistance to Acid. Value 80
    1 [Crystal Axe] A great chunk of Crystal sharpened to a jagged edge. Easily tears through armor. Value 70
    1 [Crystal Lord’s Robe] The shimmering robe of a crystalline lord, Increases the power of Water and Ice Magic at the cost of making the wearer a greater threat. Grants Bonus SP Value ?

"Well, that's a decent haul." Maya comments after a moment. "I'm a little sad there isn't anything I can really use though..."

"I wish for the Talisman, as I asked when we began." Shimah says simply, "I believe splitting the amrita's with Al would be wise for us as well."

"Man, I just keep getting lucky." Anshelm comments, "I want the shield and the breastplate, could definitely use most of the potions too."

"I guess I'll have to settle for the gilder value." Maya sighs, "My, it seems the drops want Al to be a bigger and bigger threat though!" She laughs, but yeah, why do all of your drops keep doing that! All the extra damage is nice, but getting hit hurts. "I'll take the Axe and at least one of the Panacea's. I wouldn't mind taking the staff as well, if no one minds. It looks worse than Al's current one."

Well what do you want?

[]Write-In

You'll need to decide where to go next as well, which dungeon do you want to suggest? Glancing over the party list there's a new one, 'Ogre's Den'. It must be one Shimah is familiar with. Has a cap of four and a recommended party of two. Where do you want to go, and how should you convince the other's to go along with it?

[]Write-in

-1 Potion
    -3 Amrita
    -1 Antidote
    -1 Ether

Party UI

Al Lv2
    Ice Elementalist E
    Health 45/55
    SP 32/61

Maya Lv3
    Dual Blade Hunter D
    Health 40/53
    Sp 21/30

Anshelm Lv2
    Spear Warrior E
    Health 98/121
    SP 16/28

Shimah Lv2
    Hexer Cleric E
    Health 58/66
    SP 35/66

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    kffs, Rapey_Lemons, Vlagh999 and 8 others like this.
  16. gammoregan

gammoregan I trust you know where the happy button is?

Nice, and our threat rating goes up yet again. It looks like dropping DDQ really increased the amount of time you have to spend writing for this quest. I must admit I am somewhat conflicted on that, but Dungeon Crawler is always enjoyable to read. Now, as for loot....

Shimah
    1 [Spider Talisman] Value 70
    3 [Amrita] Value 45
    1 [Panacea] Value 90
    1 [Potion] Value 10

Anshelm
    1 [Crystal Shield] Value 80
    1 [Crystal Breastplate] Value ?
    6 [Potion] Value 60
    1 [Antidote] Value 10

Maya
    1 [Crystal Staff] Value 70
    1 [Crystal Boots] Value 80
    1 [Crystal Axe] Value 70
    1 [Potion] Value 10

Al
    1 [Crystal Lord’s Robe] Value ?
    3 [Amrita] Value 45
    1 [Potion] Value 10
    1 [Antidote] Value 10
    1 [Panacea] Value 90

Here's what I came up with. I tried to keep most things fair and move stuff where they should go, give everyone what they want, all that stuff. Any thoughts? And I'd like to do Ogre's den now, everyone has potions to go on now. Although I'm not certain about giving all the Amrita's to the casters, Maybe taking 1 out of Al and Shimah's stack and giving Maya and Anshelm 1 each would be smart. I'm not sure, thoughts and suggestions would be welcome.

brekouh likes this.
  17. redaeth

I am very, very, very glad the bonus boss didn't come out. That was a tough dungeon.

Loot!

[X] Alice
    -[X] 3 [Amrita], 1 [potion], 1 [Panacea], [Crystal Lord’s Robe]
    [X] Maya
    -[X] [Crystal Axe], [Crystal Staff], 1 potion, 1 [Panacea]
    [X] Anshelm
    -[X] [Crystal Breastplate], [Crystal Shield], 1 [Antidote], 6 [potions]
    [X] Shimah
    -[X] [Spider Talisman], [Crystal Boots], 1 [potion], 1 [antidote], 3 [Amrita]

What Do!

[X] Another Dungeon!
    -[X] Ogre's Den D rank

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  18. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Yeah, not gonna lie. If the Bonus procced there would have been a very high chance of you getting your teeth kicked in.

tenchifew and Arkeus like this.
  19. redaeth

Ogre's Den?

20. gammoregan

This doesn't surprise me. It's supposed to be harder than the boss, and we barely got through that dungeon with using basically all the potions and amritas and things in the whole party. It's recommended for four people, and likely at a higher level than two. If a dungeon ever has a recommended party size close to or above ours (which we won't have a chance to know until standing right in front of it), and a max level significantly higher than the party average, I'd like a chance to back down. God's Eye giving us information is useless if we can't act on it.
    Edit: nevermind about the chance to back down, just noticed you'll give us the rec party size ahead of time. Carry on.

21. GiftofLove

[-] Take the Talisman
    -[-] Laugh cruelly
    -[-] Flee into the darkness with a whirl of our Warg Cloak.
    -[-] Smack Anshelm on the butt as you go.

22. redaeth

Hmm, then it might be a good idea to do Ogre's Den then, though our party is kinda huge for it if the level cap is only 4 and 2 party members. Maybe just hope for a bonus boss?

23. gammoregan

[X] Alice
    -[X] 3 [Amrita], 1 [Potion], 1 [Panacea], [Crystal Lord’s Robe]
    [X] Maya
    -[X] [Crystal Axe], [Crystal Staff], 1 [Potion], 1 [Panacea]
    [X] Anshelm
    -[X] [Crystal Breastplate], [Crystal Shield], 1 [Antidote], 6 [Potion]
    [X] Shimah
    -[X] [Spider Talisman], [Crystal Boots], 1 [Potion], 3 [Amrita], 1 [Antidote]

[X] Another Dungeon!
    -[X] Ogre's Den

And here's my vote. Guys, if we don't do it now we possibly never will. Seraphine will be with us tomorrow, which will make us even stronger and way overpowered for this (even moreso than we already are) if we wait for it. So I'd vote for doing the D rank dungeons we leveled up yesterday, tomorrow.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  24. GiftofLove

We seem to get roughly the same amount of job experience regardless of dungeon. No reason not to smash it with a full party. Saves us money on amiritas.

25. redaeth

I gotta ask why are you giving Maya 3 items and Shimah only 1? I prefer to keep it relatively even. Also Maya asked for a Panacea since she used her more expensive item in the caverns.

26. GiftofLove

I think Anshelm and Maya should get the Panaceas. They're melee fighters, which means they might need a clutch status clear.

27. redaeth

We are upping our threat rating, and Maya is cloaked in stealth most of the time. We're most likely to get hit by a status effect after Anshelm.

28. GiftofLove

True, but as a caster we're likely to be further away from any danger. A debilitating status effect isn't as dangerous for us. Plus if Anshelm freezes up the entire party is screwed.

29. gammoregan

Oh, I didn't notice Maya asking for a Panacea. Gonna change up my stuff then.

30. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

I am very, very, very glad the bonus boss didn't come out. That was a tough dungeon.
    Loot!
    [X] Alice
    -[X] 3 [Amrita], 1 [potion], 1 [Panacea], [Crystal Lord’s Robe]
    [X] Maya
    -[X] [Crystal Axe], [Crystal Staff], 1 potion, 1 [Panacea]
    [X] Anshelm
    -[X] [Crystal Breastplate], [Crystal Shield], 1 [Antidote], 6 [potions]
    [X] Shimah
    -[X] [Spider Talisman], [Crystal Boots], 1 [potion], 1 [antidote], 3 [Amrita]
    What Do!
    [X] Another Dungeon!
    -[X] Ogre's Den