1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by yrsillar, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Kinda want to try to solo goblin glade, but if a bonus pops we're probably done for. Also worth checking up with Seraphine.

I'd like to level up divine eye before going sell crazy, but what we have is probably not that great valuewise in the long run anyway.

[X]Do some shopping
    -[X] Maybe grab an amrita or two and see what's around for what cost relative to its value?

[X]More Dungeons!
    -[X]Seek out your old group
    -[X] Maybe try out the Crystal Cave

2. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Before doing anything:
    [X] Seek out your old group

[X] Do some shopping:
    - [X] Buy 2 Amritas or better SP recovery items
    - [X] Check prices on items equippable for Elementalist
    -- [X] Body: Better robes and such
    -- [X] Hand/Shield: Items that can be equipped along with a staff
    - [X] Sell your starter gears like your Crude Staff and including your Common Robe if there is a better and affordable Body item

[X] Do some missions today (or at least check the information about them)
    Because Alice hasn't, and it rounds up the Branded options. Later on the afternoon, we might go for a Dungeon.

3. shadowward

shadowward Versed in the lewd.

[X] Seek out your old group
    [X] Do some shopping:
    - [X] Buy 2 Amritas or better SP recovery items
    - [X] Sell your starter gears like your Crude Staff and including your Common Robe if there is a better and affordable Body item
    [X] Do some missions today (or at least check the information about them)

4. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

Dat divine Eye. Our mom is the best. We should make a point to visit her occasionally.

[X]Do a little of both,(Specify which already known members you want)
    -[X] Seek out all your old group
    -[X] Look for a healer. Level 3 or under.
    [X] Do some shopping:
    - [X] Buy 4 Amritas or better SP recovery items
    - [X] Sell your starter gears like your Crude Staff and including your Common Robe if there is a better and affordable Body item[X]More Dungeons
    [X] More Dungeons
    -[X] Maybe try out the Crystal Lake

I'm going to say 4 Amiritas if we are planning on going to Crystal Lake. The dungeon is tougher then the other two and only us taking it with our old group makes it a good idea. We did check prices for new equipment when we went shopping the first time, though nothing exact.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  5. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

[X]Do a little of both,(Specify which already known members you want)
    -[X] Seek out all your old group
    -[X] Look for a healer. Level 3 or under.
    [X] Do some shopping:
    - [X] Buy 4 Amritas or better SP recovery items
    [X]More Dungeons

6. Grosstoad

Note on Inventory: Multiple items of similar nature do not stack. Thus, 4 extra Amritas will take 4 spaces.

Sad, but that means we have to check for better recovery items sooner or later.
    Perhaps later...

Wait, is Goblin Pouch an Accessory? Dang, Sera has 3 Accessories then.

7. redaeth

Nope, bag slots are a separate thing from accessories and jewelry.

8. Grosstoad

Oh, phew.

I keep forgetting stuffs like that...

9. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X]Do some shopping
    -[X] Maybe grab an amrita or two and see what's around for what cost relative to its value?
    [X]More Dungeons!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  10. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

While I understand what you mean. I think the dungeon you guys are thinking of is Crystal Lake. Not sure if that makes a difference to anyone.

11. redaeth

12. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Indeed. What i want to do today is probably try to go Crystal lake as a group, with our old group, and then go to the goblin glad and divide our group (either seraphine/ashelm and Maya/AL, or Seraphine/Al and Maya/Anshelm, more likely), and each do the dungeon separately for sweet, sweet XP.

[X]Do some shopping

[X]More Dungeons!

13. redaeth

Anshelm actually could probably solo the starter Glade himself. He replaced every bit of his starter gear and has an uncommon helmet. The only thing that might worry him is the Goblin Boss who has that stun attack.

14. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Fuck I cracked a rib laughing. I so wasn't expecting that.

15. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Alice can be kind of rude, especially in her own head. It's kinda amusing to write.

GiftofLove and Xicree like this.
  16. redaeth

It is my opinion that we never raise Charisma. Al is hilarious in how bad she is with being blunt.

GiftofLove and Xicree like this.
  17. gammoregan

gammoregan I trust you know where the happy button is?

Of course. Charisma should just be a dump skill... And I'd say our Perception is high enough for anything we might need now, but it might interact with our new skill in some way. We should be sure to visit Mom every day when we can now.

[X]Do some shopping
    [X]More Dungeons!

18. Grosstoad

Can we at least see the Tutorial regarding non-Dungeon missions even if the votes don't pick them?

19. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Sure I can throw that up after the next update.

20. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Our Perception should be a main stat. Because it does more than be 'we might need' It nets us more and better gear, it nets us more encounters with creatures that level us much faster. Perception is a POWERFUL skill to have if you're going to be grouping with people often. And it's kinda clear that GEAR and SKILLS make the difference here.

GiftofLove likes this.
  21. gammoregan

Yeah. I wonder if we could get any actual training on how to fight though... You know, like how to properly whack something with our staff, or how to dodge (most important). Because stats aren't quite everything here, just a good portion of it.

22. redaeth

That is covered in the staves skill I think.

23. gammoregan

I'm not so sure. It might change how much damage we do when we hit something, but I'm not sure if it actually gives us the skill to properly use staves, you know? But then again it might, after all raising our Will actually changed what kind of person we are, how much real will we have.

24. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Just try beaning someone with our staff. Trial through bonks.

25. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Staves does affect your ability to whack things, its just there's not really any reason for Al to do that if she has any other action left, since you know... wizard.

26. Grosstoad

I thought that there is a severe lack of options to increase base stats?
    Not that there isn't any, but that it is a limited list?

27. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

You wake up in the morning feeling completely refreshed. It’s a bit weird, the bed is nothing special comfort wise, but you feel like you’ve just had the best sleep ever. You glance over at your health and SP readout, and sure enough you’re completely full. Heck, you’re even totally clean, you kinda expected to have to bathe after the sweat you worked up yesterday, but you may as well have just stepped out of one. Being branded has its advantages you guess. Your hair is still a bird's nest for some reason though, go figure, guess you should work on that. Once your morning rituals are done and you’ve gotten dressed and equipped, you head downstairs, it's still ridiculously early, and there aren’t many people in the common room downstairs. You nod to the Innkeeper, and were about to pass him by on the way out to the Inn, when he calls out to you.

“I have a message for a ‘Mister Al’? I believe that would be you,” his voice carries pretty well for how soft spoken he is, must be part of working the bar.

In any case you turn to look at the pretty boy Innkeeper, “Yeah that’s me. What’s the message about?” you wander over to the bar so neither of you have to yell.

“A ‘Miss Seraphine’ wished to inform you that she wouldn’t be able to join you today. She apologizes and asks for your consideration. She should be free tomorrow though.” He repeats easily, rattling off the message seemingly from memory.

You frown, well crap, you hoped to get the whole group together again today, looks like that’s gonna be a bust. “Right, thanks Adel. Did she say why she wouldn’t be able to make it?”

You shakes his head, “She just mentioned needing to complete some family business before she would be free to join you. She wasn’t specific in this I’m afraid.”

“Damn,” you grumble, “Thanks anyway, if you see Maya or Anshelm before I get back, can you let them know to wait for me, I need to do a little shopping.”

“Certainly,” the Innkeeper says, “Have a good trip.”

You take your leave and once again head to the shopping district. You consider just outright selling your old staff, but really you aren’t sure if you should bother yet. For now you go to the general goods store to pick up a couple amritas. That’s thirty Gilder, you look through the stock with a new eye, noting which items are marked up from the value your Eye gives them. Common stuff is all surprising close to the mark though. The elemental vials are five over their value, and so are the Paralysis Salves maybe because one of the easy dungeons in the area carries the danger? Either way it costs twenty gilder, and you doubt you can bargain the shopkeeper down with your lacking charisma. There are also Ether,s the better SP restore item, for fifty five, which is on value, and Panacea, some kind of pill that will cure any one status, costs a whole hundred gilder though, marked up by ten from its value.

[]Buy or sell anything specific?

Potion 10
    Amrita 15
    Elemental Vial 20(15)
    Antidote 10
    Burn Salve 15
    Paralysis Salve 20(15)
    Hi-Potion 50 (Heals for sixty)
    Ether 55 (Restores forty SP)
    Panacea 100(90)
    Escape Orb 200

Once you’re done in the item shop you stop by the places selling weapons and armor, honestly the selection isn't great. It’s all common and a couple uncommon things. The cheapest item you could use that’s better than your robes is two hundred gilder for [Traveler’s Robe] which would be a defense boost but not really worth it, especially since the value you see on it is only one hundred. You kinda suspect places like this cater to branded from wealthy families like Sera who can afford the mark up for only slightly better gear. On the way out you receive a notice from the Mystic Script about Missions…. You guess maybe you could do that today, but dungeons seem way more fun. You’ll think about it later.

With your shopping done you return to the Inn and find Anshelm and Maya already at a table, you head on over, and Maya waves when she sees you. “Hey Al, Sleep well?”

Anshelm nods to you as you sit down, “Yeah, really well,” you respond.

“Never better right?” the short warrior adds lazily.

“Inns are pretty good for that. One of the perks for being branded,” Maya muses, “Did Seraphine leave a message for you as well?”

“Yeah,” it sucks, but you guess she’ll be around tomorrow, so she must be doing okay.

Maya pats you on the shoulder, “There, there. We can bring her along tomorrow Al. Do we just want to go out by ourselves today? We can probably handle either of the dungeons we’ve already done.”

“I kinda want to try something harder.” Anshelm adds. Food comes to the table soon after, you guess they must have ordered for three.

“I was actually thinking to try Crystal Lake,” You note as you dig in, the omelet is pretty good.

“Mm, we could,” Maya says, “There are a lot of poisonous enemies there, we might want to get a healer to keep our costs down.”

You cast a glance over the common room, its filled up a bit. You notice the healer from yesterday, Jack, sitting at a table with Rolf, they seem to have picked up a sword warrior, a serious looking lady with red hair, and some pretty nice looking chain armor, looks like a level four. Name says Rose, looks like Jack picked up a level and some new armor yesterday too.

There’s a pair of guys who are both level two as well. The first one is a bow hunter with short sandy blonde hair, name shows as Kirk. You have to say you like the way the leather armor molds to the guys ass. At least there’s some eye candy for women too. In any case the other guy… oh hi, Alex. Great, you had no idea he got branded as well. Jackass, it took your eyebrows two months to grow back after he tossed a newt into that potion you were working on. Looks like he went with lightning, fitting, he was always kind of twitchy and scrawny. His usual mop of black hair is all static-y now.

You turn away, making sure to not face that table. Last thing you need is your new buddies meeting the jerk who always messed up your stuff.

Anyway, there’s a lady with really dark skin… from one of the western cities maybe? Looks like level two Cleric with the hexer specialization, named Shimah. They can still heal though, you’re pretty sure. She almost as stacked as Maya too, way to make you feel good about yourself. Stupid boobmonsters.

There’s a nervous looking level one sword warrior in the back corner too, dark green hair, pretty handsome though, not in the jerky bodice ripper way of the knight from yesterday though. Looks like his name is…Hiro? Who names their kid Hiro?

Well whatever, glancing over Crystal Lake in Maya’s menu now that you’ve partied again, you can see that its level cap is only six, but it has eight rooms and suggests four people… you and your party could probably do it anyway, but do you wanna try and grab one of the other people hanging around before you set out, since Sera won’t be making it today?

[]Try to pick up someone else?
    []You’ll be fine… buy some antidotes on the way out though.
    []Never mind, try a different Dungeon

You purchased two Amritas -30 Gilder

Party UI
    Al Lv2
    Ice Elementalist E
    Health 55/55
    SP 61/61

Maya Lv3
    Dual Blade Hunter D
    Health 53/53
    Sp 30/30

Anshelm Lv2
    Spear Warrior E
    Health 121/121
    SP 28/28

((Short update, but hey only a short wait. Will do the mission tutorial shortly.))

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    kffs, Rapey_Lemons, LightMage and 5 others like this.
  28. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

You can pick up missions on the notice board in the City Plaza. Missions Unlike dungeons do not have clear level requirements. Though the City Mission council ranks jobs according to likely difficulty.

Missions can be all sorts of things, from retrieving certain rare reagents from outside the city, to escorting a non branded through dangerous territory, or even investigating monster infestations in the 'real world.' Missions rarely drop the sort of treasure dungeons do unless you happen to encounter a rare monster. However as they are often coming from individuals of means, or even the city itself, they often pay quite well in Gilder, and can have some unique rewards that cannot be found in dungeons. Early on, missions are also a good way to discover things that may be hidden around the city, the Branded Sector has many little places not well known outside of their clientele that may be interesting to the new branded.

The risk of Missions though, is the risk of the job giver being wrong. it is always possible that the infestation of dire rats in ones basement is actually a ferocious earth drake tunneling up from a subterranean dungeon. Be wary when taking missions, especially as the ranks rise. To take a Mission simply take the notice from the board and your Mystic senses will guide you to the mission giver, who will usually provide more detailed information.

Missions use the same E-S ranking system as all others, you cannot take missions with a rank higher than your highest ranking Job. EX rank missions exist, but are typically only issued when city ending threats occur. In these cases all Branded living in the threatened city receive the mission, and the condition is generally simply to survive and contribute as you can.

Quick little mission tutorial.

gammoregan and tenchifew like this.
  29. redaeth

[X] Buy or Sell?
    -[X] Buy an ether
    -[X] Buy an antidote
    -[X] Sell Crude Staff

[X]Try to pick up someone else?
    -[X] Shimah the Hexer

Well we needed a cleric, and she is alone. Another debuffer will help too. Especially since we do attract bonus bosses. Poor Anshelm really is going to be drowning is estrogen.

@yrsillar What does an Elemental Vial do? Boost spell power?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    GiftofLove likes this.
  30. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Described in the first shopping update. Its basically an elemental grenade. Its mostly for physical types who don't normally have access to Elemental damage.