1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by yrsillar, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

But this evening we're going to hunt sleepwear for Shimah with Sera.
    (And get some swimwear for Alice so she can sleep in the bathtub comfortably).

2. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Too bad Alice can't sleep in Aqua Prison. Would look pretty cool.

Grosstoad and Xicree like this.
  3. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Grumble grumble stupid math the three man D rank should be 7 JP

4. GiftofLove

Just make up numbers. You're the God of this world. If you want 97+32 to =5, then so it shall!

Grosstoad and yrsillar like this.
  5. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

It's the QM's duty to lie and squeeze and juggle the numbers as needed.

It's also the GM's duty to produce an internally consistent world, with higher of importance given on the thematics of the story (so sometimes myth>anything, etc). In that sense, it's a very conscious choice to fudge the numbers too much in a dungeon crawling quest, as it can quickly become "the enemies will be equally as easy no matter what you do, so it really doesn't matter what you vote". And if that happens, it must be a conscious choice of the QM to want there to be the illusion of player agency only. It's a valid choice (though i would argue i usually dislike it for quests), but it must be a conscious choice in order to be done well.

Darkened likes this.
  6. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Eh, as crystal Lake shows I'm not doing the whole you succeed no matter what thing, heck you guys barely lasted through the knight fight, I can say right out, if Alice hadn't grabbed Water elementalist and aqua prison to slow it down at least a little at least one of your party would have died.

That said, my number fudging generally takes the form of ...'oops that's getting a little imbalanced for the intended difficulty better fix it.'

edit: My being bad at math sometimes can result in fudging at times too but uh... ignore that.

7. a2znut

a2znut Needs more handholding. [Forever DM]

You could like make an Excel Sheet that automatically calculates your total exp/job exp so you won't have to do math.

Xicree likes this.
  8. ChandraMagic

ChandraMagic Just a Bit Ditzy Moderator

I heartily endorse this! It;'s what i did when I didn't want to have to do the math for XP in my Succubus quest. Takes all the guesswork out of it. Provided you set it up properly~

Xicree likes this.
  9. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

that would have sucked. glad we had it

10. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Looks like the vote is uncontested. Headin for the ogre den is locked in.

tenchifew and Arkeus like this.
  11. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Go go red text, go!

Darkened and Grosstoad like this.
  12. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

You wake up to the sound of an alarmed squeal. You blink, and for just a moment you panic, holy crap your underwater, you’re drowning!. Oh wait, right, you can breathe in water now. That passed you look up in time to see a half dressed Sera retreating from the bathroom. Uh, what.

Right, you guess you decided to sleep in her room. You also apparently shucked your night dress sometime during the night without noticing cause there it is soaked on the floor next to the tub. You sigh, well that explains it. You might both be women, but Sera is um… Kinda into you in a romantic and possibly physical sense. So you guess her being embarrassed is reasonable.

Also, you didn’t think this sleeping in the bath thing through, your underwear, being white have gone a little, uh transparent, great.

You sigh again, letting out a stream of bubbles and then surface, collecting your night dress from its place on the floor as you scan around for towels. You do call out though, “Hey Sera, uh… Sorry about that.”

“I-its fine,” comes you response, called through the door, “Just… Just please let me know when you are decent.”

Right, decent. You don’t think your wet nightclothes are going anywhere near decent until they dry off. If you're gonna keep doing this you might have to consider using swimwear for sleeping purposes. Putting that aside for now, you work on toweling yourself off. When that’s done you just wrap a towel tightly around your body, and after a brief check to make sure everything important is covered, you step out.

Sera is waiting on her bed, wringing her hands red all the way down to the neckline of her nightgown, it’s kind of adorable. “U-um, please don’t think I was p-peeking or anything, I just forgot you were sleeping there!” she says as you emerge, ugh… watery puppy eyes, so unfair, you can’t manage that look at all.

“It’s fine, it’s fine,” you say, waving your hand that isn’t keeping your towel wrapped tightly around you. “Just a mistake, no harm no foul, we can totally pretend this never happened,” you wonder if you laid on the false cheer a little too thick at the end there.

“Y-yes, that sounds just fine,” she says a little too quickly, did she just shift her eyes away when she said that? Somehow you get the suspicion that she isn’t planning to forget this at all. Ah… whatever, it’s really too early for this stuff.

“Cool, going to steal your towel so I can go get dressed then,” you say with a sigh, she doesn’t object as you head out, your room is like two doors up the hall… right next to Anshelm’s now that you think about it. So… Are the rooms soundproofed, or do they use Maya’s room or… You shake your head, not the time, not the time at all. You also stopped in the middle of the hall while thinking about that, so time to not keep standing around in a wet towel.

Once you're dressed and have gone downstairs to meet a still blushing Sera at your usual table. As you chat you take an idle glance around at the room as people filter downstairs, Shimah joins you soon enough, falling into the conversation easily enough. There is the trio of Rolf, jack and Rose, all level five at this point, looks like Rose has traded out the sword for hunters daggers though, and she looks profoundly uncomfortable in the light red hunters armor, which is about as concealing as you would expect. Rolf and Jack still seem to be using their normal jobs though.

Anyway, there’s Hiro and Lucia, level six, man they’re going fast, they seem to have traded roles, Hiro is a wind elementalist right now, and Lucia is a sword warrior. Looks like Alex has joined up with them too, though he looks kinda uncomfortable, also only level three.

There are others, higher level folks, Wulf waves cheerily when you glance at him and his group, all double digits on them.

Anyway, you turn your attention back to your party, Anshelm and Maya are here, and though Maya looks a little tired, they seem fine, conversation soon turns to what you want to do today.

“Well… we all probably can hit level five and C rank today,” you begin, “but at the same time… For reasons we don’t really want to split apart too much, am I right?”

“It would probably be tempting fate a little, yes.” Maya says a bit morosely.

“Yeah, don’t really want to go in two different directions right now.” Anshelm adds as well. Huh, guess you know what it takes for Anshelm… And you to show some caution.

“Um, staying together would probably be for the best,” Sera says quietly.

“Right,” you say, “No reason we can’t split up on the same dungeon though, right?” Maya waves you on, looking vaguely amused, at nods from everybody else you continue, “So, I figure we hit Ogre’s Den. Shimah, Sera, would you say the E rank would be easy enough to solo the way we are now.”

Shimah ponders that for a moment, “For Anshelm, undoubtedly, you or Sera would need to be careful, and I cannot go alone at all as I am. Maya’s level is too high.”

“Um… I would say the same thing, if the bonus boss showed up Al and I could get into trouble though…” Sera adds.

“That sounds about right,” you say, “So, I was thinking Anshelm, Sera and I solo E rank, and Shimah and Maya do the D rank as a two person like the dungeon is recommended for.”

“I suppose that might not be too bad,” Maya muses, “The poison on my new daggers really is great, and we can always orb out if it becomes a problem. It’s… a little risky, but I think we can manage.”

Anshelm glances at her warily but nods in acceptance, “Yeah, sure, sounds fine. Hitting level five is pretty important.”

“I agree as well, this seems both efficient and reasonably safe,” Shimah says simply.

“Alright, now that the serious stuff is done, what’s this I heard about Sera and you sleeping together Al?” Maya asks cheerfully, bringing a sputter from you and a blush from Sera.

You manage to fend Maya off alongside a desperately embarrassed Sera, at least until Shimah indicates that you invited her to sleep with you too, and it just goes downhill from there. Short story, Maya is coming along on their shopping trip, you have a feeling this is going to be… A thing.

You all do a little more shopping, Maya checks out the blessings again, but there’s nothing new on that front, you need a higher level you suppose. You also decide to finally get a copyist in on making your guide for you. It’s a little more expensive than buying paper and ink from Adel, so you’ll have to raise the price a few gilder to maintain the same profit margin, but hey, no more cramped hands and the copyist will have his apprentice deliver the finished goods to the Inn, you order a run of ten for now, which costs a good fifty Gilder, but you figure you’ll make that back from the sales. Other than that, after everyone does a little item stocking you’re ready to go.

You set out on the short trip to the Ogre’s Den, much more carefully than you once would have. You know things are dangerous now, so there is much less cheer and chatter among you… for good reason it turns out, as you travel through a section of rocky wasteland, you see dust approaching in the distance, right between you and the Ogre’s Den. You squint a little, allowing you to make out the enemies in question. Armored skeletons, eyes flickering with eerie red light, four with spears, two archers and axemen, and one nasty looking skeleton in a tattered black robe.

You glance at Maya, who shudders a bit, but seems otherwise fine, “Nine of them,” you say quietly, “I can probably disable the caster once they’re close enough.

“Can you see the levels,” Anshelm responds tersely as he steps in front of everyone, shield up.

You put your hand over your eyes, shielding it from the sun, they’re still kinda far away but… “Looks like a bunch of sevens and eights,” some of the tension goes out of your back at that, and indeed everyone else seems a little calmer too.

They are already heading for you, whatever preternatural senses monsters have that attract them to branded drawing them like moths to a flame, so Anshelm steps out from the rock formations and shouts a challenge, drawing the ire of the enemies first. He pays for it when an arrow strikes him in the shoulder, the other bouncing off his shield, the damage isn’t bad, the poison it inflicted is.

Shimah fixes it, and Sera pays the archer back with a blinding arrow of lightning that knocks the skeleton archer from its feet and blows off a third of its health. Likewise you prepare to imprison the mage… who is just a bit faster than you unfortunately, three black bolts hit Anshelm hard, whittling off a chunk of health before the thing is trapped and struggling in the prison.

Maya goes for the kill on the archer, but is blocked by one of the shield skeletons which had hung back to protect the archers, her daggers score deep cuts in the thing's worn armor and rip off a huge chunk of health though, Maya has really improved now that she finally got weapons of her level. She vanishes again after that and you turn your attention to the enemies. Sera just dropped a fireball into the midst of the axe and spear users attacking Anshelm. You doubt your cold spells will be all that effective, so you go ahead and imprison the healthy archer as well.

You normally don’t want to spend the SP but… it’s the best use right now. Anshelm and Sera are wrecking the enemy melee group pretty hard, and although they are definitely doing damage Shimah is keeping up.

You frown as you notice something though… the closer the shield users are to each other, the less damage they seem to take, “Hey, drive the shield guys apart, they’re buffing each other’s defenses.” You throw in some acid darts, finishes off the weakened archer as Maya dances circles around the wounded spear skeleton.

Anshelm responds to your words immediately, a shield bash smashing a skeleton spearman’s legs out from under it sending it tumbling back. Sera follows up with a lightning bolt that kills one of the others.

Your first imprisonment wears off, allowing the skeleton necromancer free… for all the time it takes Maya to start demolishing him and holy crap did she just poison a skeleton?
    It’s all mop up at this point, soon enough the rest of them fall, having only cost you a decent bite of SP. You drink an Amrita, as do the rest of you who rely on casting.

“I am glad that was manageable,” Shimah says with a sigh, as the victory pane comes up.

Congratulations!
    You have earned
    35 Experience
    2 Job points
    30 Gilder.

The party has looted

1 Amrita
    1 Hi potion
    [Old Knights Axe] Worn and rusted, but nonetheless sturdy and deadly. Value 140
    [Old Knights Spear] Cracked and stained from countless battles, still good at stabbing things. Value 140

“Pretty weak haul,” Anshelm grumbles, “I guess this is the junk loot for whatever dungeon these are from.”

“Probably the Fort,” Maya says quietly, “The Graveyard’s normal enemies were ghouls, at least for the part I saw.”

Sera glances at Maya oddly, “We could just worry about this later…. I think it would be best to give the Amrita to Miss Shimah though, she had to use two of hers.”

“I could use the Axe actually, it’s kinda junk since it’s white, but it’ll do when I switch around to axe warrior.” Anshelm says

So that ends up being the general consensus, you’ll sell the spear as a group later, Amrita and potion for Shimah since they’re doing the D rank, and the Axe for Anshelm.

Luckily enough the rest of the short trip to the Ogre’s Den goes peacefully. You give each other some reassuring words and reminders to orb out if there is trouble… and off you go.

The first room is the same stinky cave you know and hate. The occupants are much weaker though. Only four of the ogre grunts, and they’re only level two at that. More health than goblins sure, but these ones don’t even have SP. You blast three of them with frost spray before they can even move, shaving off a good third of their health. The last gets a wild swing in that misses you before you trap it in an aqua prison…. Going by the way the bubble distorted weirdly you don’t think you’ll bother using that on the bigger ones.

Anyway, slowed ogres, you do take a hit from a club, and that really does hurt, a good ten damage in fact, you respond by killing the one who hit you with an icicle spear.

So it goes, you take a hit or two, and down a potion, but in the end they drop easily enough.

Next room is much the same as the last save that you have to deal with a big ogre too. Frost spray slows him down, your cloak spell goes up to increase your damage as they surround you, and then it’s just a painful case of trading blows. You have to take another potion by the end, but once again, they drop pretty easily under your power. You figure if you use one potion a room and have two for the boss room, you’ll be pretty good.

The next room is the one with the bonus bosses hut, so you keep a wary eye on that, also theres one of those rock throwing assholes, so right in the aqua prison he goes. Luckily it seems you are just strong enough to keep them held. After that it’s a redux of the last room, just with two of the big monsters. A potion and a couple amrita later, and everything is dead. You remain tense for several seconds until it is clear the bonus isn’t going off. You're kinda glad you haven’t been getting those lately, but at the same time, you kinda want the loot they drop…

Ah well. Boss room is next, second verse same as the first, imprison the chuckers, cast Chill Aura, start hammering on the boss with icicle spears until he pops like a fat, ugly balloon. You do end up needing both potions and an Ether to finish things off, but in the end they drop and you were never worse off than yellow health.

Congratulations!

You have earned
    180 Experience
    20 Job points
    180 Gilder

You have Looted
    4 Potions
    2 Amrita
    [Ogre’s Rucksack] Five Extra Slots. A crudely made hide sack. Is pretty spacious though. Value 100
    [Ogre Belt] A rough hide belt with a buckle made of steel. Grants additional Health. Value 120
    [Barbarian Vestment] A barbarian shaman’s ceremonial wear. Grants an SP Bonus and resistance to fire. Value 250
    [Bawws’ Hat] A strange hat made of silk, black and tall, with a strip of white just above the brim. How did an Ogre get this? Reduces your starting threat? Value 150

Well that’s nice and all, but you leveled up! Your job and your water magic ranked up too, as well as Divine Eye! You can see the values on green items now, and it looks like you’ll be able to see monsters weaknesses and resistances as well as the amount of experience a dungeon gives out, nice.

Now for your job, more damage to ice spells, ignore more ice resistance, resistance to ice spells, extra SP which is nice… and a skill? You close that pane and bring up one for your new passive skill, but… wow that’s pretty nice. Mana Absorb, you recover three SP after each dungeon room or fight you complete. Not too amazing now, but given the way skills increase, that number could get pretty big.

Water Magic nets you a new spell, Wave Crash, which hits targets in a short line with a chance at knocking them back or over. Wave Weaver improves too… it’s a little weird, you get an agility bonus in the water, and attacks ‘with a liquid component’ have a higher chance of missing you.

With your reading done, you collect your stuff and exit the dungeon, unfortunately two of your items tumble to the ground not fitting in your inventory. You spend a moment poking and prodding, but your hands just keep slipping right through them, you suppose cheating it is out of the question.

Then you hear a giggle from behind you, ah, looks like Sera finished before you. You respond to her giggle with a grumble, standing and equipping your newly improved bag to allow you to pick up the items. You didn’t forget, not at all. “Did it go well?” you ask.

“The lightning cloak was very effective, and ogres burn very well,” Sera responds cheerfully.

Anshelm pops out in a burst of light then, looking bored, “Easy run,” he says with a shrug, “Nothing great on the loot front.” He and Sera have leveled too you note.

“So, what’d you get for a skill Anshelm?” you ask, Sera very likely got the same one as you.

“Ah, lessee,” he takes a moment to bring up the pane and reads it off, “Second Wind. The first time the user is reduced to critical health during a dungeon they receive a surge of stamina, restoring fifty health instantly.”

“Oh my, I wonder if it has non-combat applications,” There is Maya looking fairly cheerful, Shimah has leveled too, so that’s good.

“We received an Ogre Race Mod, the rest of the loot was as usual,” Shimah says, looking a little worn out, her SP is pretty low.

“In more amusing news, it turns out that by the time I finish stabbing each ogre once, the first one will usually have died from poison,” Maya reports cheerfully.

“Nice,” that’ll be useful, “Shimah, what did you get for your C rank skill?”

“Mana Absorb, and you?” she asks.

“Same,” report you and Sera in stereo.

“So, what else do we want to do today?” Maya asks everyone.

Well, what indeed?

[] Vooooote!

Al Lv5
    Ice Elementalist C
    Health 51/62
    SP 72/87

Maya Lv5
    Dual Blade Hunter C
    Health 51/64
    Sp 22/36

Anshelm Lv5
    Spear Warrior C
    Health 124/172
    SP 24/37

Shimah Lv5
    Hexer Cleric C
    Health 72/87
    SP 30/100

Seraphine Lv5
    Fire Elementalist C
    Health 39/58
    Sp 42/79

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    kffs, Rapey_Lemons, Vlagh999 and 12 others like this.
  13. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

A bit confused. It looks like we leveled and then didn't?

And this should be C right?

14. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Yeah, we had 175 to go and we got 215....

15. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Yeah, I missed an edit, its fixed now Had quite a bit of front sheet editing to do this time.

Arkeus and Darkened like this.
  16. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Still this part being wrong, though that one is not as important as the character sheet so heh.

17. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

These all probably need money values.

18. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Social:
    [X] Check with Shimah, if her store of Amritas and Ethers have ran out
    - [X] Pool some spare Amritas from the others and yourself, Healer really has to have enough SP

[X] Since you now have gotten an extra Accessory slot, you want to request Naiad's Shawl from Maya
    - [X] You can offer the Ogre's Belt in trade for now
    - [X] You are gonna offer Bawws' Hat, but you aren't quite sure who should take it, Sera or Shimah

Actions:
    [X] Ashen Grotto D-rank
    - [X] Full party
    -- [X] Time for Ranger Maya to find a pet!
    -- [X] Lightning magic for Sera, and if she is willing, ask her to equip Earthspeaker Boots

19. redaeth

Sure

[X] Grosstoad

20. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Okay, first, we got 840 gilder from that run in items and drops (not counting pots where we used 4 pots and (how many?) amritas and got 4 pots and 2 amritas). Even without selling the rucksack vs the spellpouch, we may have just tripled our assets and barely worked for it. (Pity we didn't do this yesterday, but ah well)

• See if anyone needs pots or has spare slots. We can't carry more and can toss one someone's way.
    • Double check that Shimah's current vestment is better than this (or did she have this one already?) We can at least use gold value to compare.

So, decision time. How do we level up from here. There are two paths, keeping with ice elementalist or swapping to water (or wind). What should guide our decision?

• There's a big event incoming
      • We need to be as strong as we can for this event.
      • We know it's about 6 days away for the first real notice, and will kick into high gear an indeterminant amount of time after that.
      • QED: We need to be as strong as we can be a week from now.
    • In 7.5 days, we've earned 116 JP.
    • Assuming similar or better gains in the next 7.5 days, we can either expect to hit water mage rank C (and meet the requirements for polar adept) via 105 JP OR unlock B rank ice elementalist for 129 JP
      • We also may be able to reach B rank skills if we have enough time after.
      • However, we need 235 JP to get both B rank and polar adept (or blizzard sage). Ergo, we likely cannot get both before our big incoming event.

• Benefits/Drawbacks of leveling Ice Elementalist to B:
      • Chiefly, we can raise ice magic and staves to B as well.
        • Actually, we get to raise any magician job skills to B forever, meaning we only ever need to really go push a lower ranked job up high once.
        • Likewise, we will eventually want to level SOME job to B/A or we'll never be maxing any skills despite having skills to max.
        • In the long term, the benefits of doing this far outweigh the cost, especially as JP costs rise for higher jobs.
        • Doing it earlier maximizes the benefit of doing it since we 'waste' the least JP.
        • But A rank requires a presently near unworkable 280 JP.
      • Polar adept may offer better features overall, but this does not ensure that E rank polar adept will be stronger than B ranked ice magic. Is a maxed weak job better than a stronger job with no proficiency?

• Benefits/Drawbacks of leveling water elementalist to C
      • Slightly quicker, this may give us time to level Polar Adept to D before the event or may not.
      • Unlocks a better job and more active skills but fusion is known to be expensive.
        • This will probably be discounted due to our mom
        • And may be discounted more if Alice is okayed on the machines first. Polar Adept's Crystal has an unknown cost.
      • We don't really know whether polar adept, winter witch or blizzard sage is better, though winter witch is relatively unlikely.
        • Aside: We probably want to ask around about these sometime don't we?

Ultimately, I think that staying with ice elementalist is a safe choice. We're gaining more depth of power and the power to always have more depth of power, so this choice will never be wasted. The benefits stick with us forever. On the other hand, Polar Adept gives us a potentially huge jump in power, but might actually drop us down if it's weaker at E rank than a lower tier job at B rank. Likewise, we don't know if we'll even have enough gilder yet, or which of the three fusions we know of that we should really aim for.

Given the relative paucity of time, I'd suggest we go for B rank Ice elementalist while taking a few days to really investigate our options for after we have B rank.

- [X] Pool some spare Amritas from the others and yourself, Healer really has to have enough SP
    - [X] Offer a potion to anyone who needs one. Make sure to keep around 2 for yourself in total.

[X] Since you now have gotten an extra Accessory slot, you want to request Naiad's Shawl from Maya
    - [X] If she doesn't want the crappy belt, equip the Bawws' Hat until we get something to trade.
    - [X] If Maya takes the trade, equip the shawl with your cloak and then give the hat to Sera or Shimah.
    [X] Make sure everyone in the party has two accessories.

[X] Ashen Grotto D-rank
    - [X] Full party
    -- [X] Get maya an uroktor, unless D rank has any new elite enemy types that seem nastier.

21. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

- [X] Offer a potion to anyone who needs one. Make sure to keep around 2 for yourself in total.

- [X] If she doesn't want the crappy belt, equip the Bawws' Hat until we get something to trade.
    - [X] If Maya takes the trade, equip the shawl with your cloak and then give the hat to Sera or Shimah.

[X] Ashen Grotto D-rank
    - [X] Full party
    -- [X] Get maya an uroktor, unless D rank has any new elite enemy types that seem nastier.

22. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

[X] Ashen Grotto D-rank
    - [X] Full party

Darkened about the whole Ice Elementalist or switching to Water Elementalist (Or Wind Elementalist) tomorrow, I am pretty sure we are going to rack JP much, much faster now, so it might be doable to quickly level Wind or Water Elmentalist to C.

Likewise, Tonight we'll see how long it takes to take Staves/Ice Magic to B Rank. It costs us nothing to do level Water Elementalist for "JP Needed for Ice Magic B - JP needed for Ice Elementalist B".

Might be only 10, but it might be 100, which would mean that we could get to Polar Adept quickly after getting to Ice Elementalist B.

23. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

What makes you think that?

What dungeon do we have reliable access to that'll give the party we run it with more than 12ish?

Which leaves 35 room, which is enough to get D rank water magic, except run-over means it'll be a bit less, meaning we can't really get one level, so why bother.

24. GiftofLove

I want to nab wind, because I'm pretty sure elemental synergy is a thing here, so we can feed off of Sera and her fire magic for devastating combos.

25. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

If it is, we have aqua prison+lightning.

However, we haven't seen any evidence that it is a thing.

Even if it is, fire is really useless in Ashen Grotto, were we're going now, and running back and then there (noting that it's probably farish away) with doubled odds of encounter gives us a likely pretty bad chance of being caught out at night.

So, stick with current load-outs for now, then run back and get everyone a third job/skillset tomorrow.

26. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Lost Graveyard, Crystal Lake, and C-rank dungeons i think will give us more.

Because we won't get into the even the moment we get to B-rank Ice Magic. This means that once it's done we can get back to Water Magic/Wind Magic and level them, get Polar Adept and level it....

Even if you want to push for A-rank Ice Elementalist first, so that you can be sure we don't need to ever be blocked in a Magical skill, I there will then be at least a 6 overlap between Job/Skill, so we could almost get to C-rank Water magic without being blocked.
    We are almost certainly going to nab wind tonight/tomorrow to equip in our fourth slot, we just don't want to run back to town, because even though it would seriously improve Shimah/Sera/Al/Anshelm, it would also mean much more random encounters and possibly night ones, and we are confident in our ability to handle Ashen Grotto Rank D with a full party, especially with Dungeoneer and Shimah's fire buff.

27. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

We'll see tomorrow.

Hmm, Ice magic should be 320 from B to A, so 484 total left.

Ice magic should be 280 so 409 left.

Which leaves a total buffer of about 75, precisely 30 short of what we'd need to level water or wind or hexer to C, but also not a terrible wast if we swap after B.

It's also possible, but unlikely, that the formula will change.

28. redaeth

I personally would like to go for Polar sooner rather then later.

29. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

yrsillar, can you tell us what Al is seeing for Goblin Glade C-rank, as she is in the party of someone who has it unlocked?

30. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

How are potions doing in the party, it sounds like we burned through quite a lot of them already. (price of splitting up for getting more XP I guess)

We should make a note to add the XP values from divine eye for the various dungeons to our guide.

We still need to level up water to C rank before we can get polar. (polar is ice/water, right? not ice/wind?)