1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by yrsillar, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Note, equipping Magic while using Warrior class should be still possible. Fact is, the downsides seem only to be a lower damage/effectiveness from the loss of Job passive effects.

There is more than just +HP/SP from the Job, we just can't see them yet, raise Divine Eye to see them according to Yrs.

On the other hand, none of our team really have it to be a true gish build.
    Perhaps Maya, if she undoes her Lupine race mod, maybe.

2. RCa

RCa Experienced.

[X] Darkened

3. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

[X] Darkened
    -[X] Check racial mods at shop as well.

4. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

5. Grosstoad

Oh, well, I really wanted Missions for today, so I guess I will throw in on the Vamps & Ice Devils.

EDIT: Adding a line about buying 5 Amritas, Vaulting them for Shimah's use, and urging others to do the same.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  6. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

We ought to keep a full supply of consumables in there, since anyone can access it.

7. Roarky

Roarky Less likely to be a father than my little sister

[X] Darkened

I would rather do a mission, but have no desire to not be able to use an Escape Orb on our first full party C-rank. If you want a sense of what you're getting into with it, try running Crystal Lake on C-rank first. Then, when Maya has to save our over-confident asses again, tell me we were ready for the Ice Devils. I would prefer being level 8 at least before trying that, but I could accept it at level 7. If I had to.

Maybe I'm being overly cautions, but that is simply because there are no phoenix down, or revives here. Dead is dead, and I have no desire to see anyone in our party end up that way.

mrttao and Arkeus like this.
  8. UrsaTempest

[X] Darkened

9. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

So, upon the usual controversial discussion on IRC, it appears to me that this might be a case of seeing different short-term paths for our team.

Currently, I am mainly seeing two different short-term path (please do tell if anyone has another in mind I dumbly overlooked):

Path 1: The Influence Path and Fast-Tracking toward higher duties.

In this path we would try to accrue as many missions as possible, gaining influence with the city while not neglecting our own levelling or what we were doing before. The goal would be to be powerful enough and have enough reknown that we are given important duties during the incoming events.

This should fast-track us for contacts and relations, making it much easier to later on have an important role when it comes to the City's actual goals. We might be getting missions to lead colonies, or to guard key places, or simply some other longer term quests. As a side-effect, we'd possibly get some very nice skills we couldn't have access to otherwise without a stupid amount of grinding.

Here is how I see we would arrange our days for this:
    *Alternate one day out of two where we do two-missions to gain influece.
    *The other would be split between doing a dungeon for pure exp/jp and doing each dungeon once at each ranks, to keep our guide updated and keep our good image as a newbie-leader/someone who looks after others.

Path 2: The Dungeon-crawling rookie leader.

In this path we would try to have relations (though we have some) and gain a place as a trusted group amongst for the other low-level adventurers. This is the path where Maya use her charisma and we use our guides and our excess loot to constantly help the lower-level adventurers.

We would look out for level 1-3 and give them our excess green gear we no longer need for minimal pricing, try to update our guide as fast as possible with as many details as possible for both faster growth paths and safer gearing for each dungeons (as well as where to get gear) while we ourself do as much grinding and dungeoneering as possible, with the occasional missions to break the monotony.

As dungeons, once done once, are fairly predictable, this path would lead to 'predictable' level/JP growth (read: boring and safer) but not necessarily either slower or faster. What It would lead to is faster dungeon unlocking, faster guide updating, and, if we play our card rights, the newbies would recognize our group (Read: Maya) as trustworthy leaders by the time they learn of the impending Incident.

This would put us in an ideal position to lead groups of low-level groups during it and minimize those causalities, as well as earning long-term recognition from our peers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, basically, Path 1 is for recognition by the higher up and gaining access to special quests, Path 2 is for recognition by our peers and gaining a support network as well as possibly trustworthy people when we begin trying to do some more difficult things. I vastly prefer path 2 when it comes to actual way of playing the quest, but I am aware that a lot of people would think the opposite.

So, huh, my 2 cents.

Guile likes this.
  10. Grosstoad

We might be able to disengage on non-Dungeon combats by sacrificing our golem and Maya's pet.

Just an idea.

EDIT: If people dislikes the idea of having no access to Orb at higher level things, the Rare Herbs Mission directs us to a Dungeon.

Or just do the Vamp mission for taste, and then go back to Dungeon or something.

drake_azathoth likes this.
  11. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

I personally don't want to go on missions today, but for the people who want to do that there is two D-rank missions, the rare herb and the vampire one, and we could totally do both safely. It would even net us a new dungeon as another reward.

Darkened, do you think we should try to begin selling gear for cheap? For example, we got multiple Axe Warrior Job, and we have a Water Crystal Job too that we aren't using. Sure, we could keep it 'for later', but I was thinking of trying to get some more recognition from lower people.

So, well, give them to lower level branded that are just beginning for dirt cheap along with our guides. We aren't doing them for money anyway, and I really want to prepare/get a good reputation by the time other people learn of the incoming Ex Quest.

Grosstoad likes this.
  12. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

QM did explicitly tell us that the only reason we haven't lost a party member already was some lucky rolls. That to me means we are not playing smart

13. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

vote is currently tied, I'll check back when Pathfinder time is over.

14. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

[X] Darkened

15. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

What is the Darkened vote again?

Desecrated Fort is called out as 'well-armored, weapon-using undead, good at coordination and ally buffing.' We're going to want to at least sub out Dark, possibly Dark and Ice for that one.

16. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

It includes swapping in fire for dark.

Edit:
    Currently:
    [X] Go check out the shops. See if necromancer, polar adept, blizzard sage or winter witch is up for sale. Buy it if it is.
    -[X] Buy Ether x1, Amritas x1 Sell Potions x2
    [X] Desecrated Fort E rank
    -[X] Equip Fire magic instead of dark magic of course.

I'd be willing to swap to a compromise of something like Mission in the morning>Dungeon in the afternoon, if you'd be willing to swap in the shop vote.

17. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Yes, that's fine. I don't care anymore.

18. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Right...

So I think with tao's vote Darkened's plan wins. I need to lock up if I'm going to have any chance of getting the update written by my normal time.

Sorry to anyone who's getting tired of saminess I suppose. I'll try to keep things interesting.

19. UrsaTempest

Aaalright, trying out this newfangled tally program:

Vote tally:
    ##### 1.1.1
    [X] Stock up on Amritas and the usual necessities, consider switching our Dark for Fire (Dark won't work on vampires, Fire will work better on Ice Devils almost certainly)
    No. of votes: 1
    Xicree
    [X] Go check out the shops. See if necromancer, polar adept, blizzard sage or winter witch is up for sale. Buy it if it is.
    No. of votes: 5
    Xicree, Arkeus, Cassiemouse, Grosstoad, Darkened
    [X] A recent spate of deaths in a nearby village has been attributed to a coven of vampires. Search and Destroy Minimum group 3. 1500 Gilder Rank D
    No. of votes: 2
    Xicree, keelonen
    [X] Branded requires a group of 3-5 to investigate and destroy a group of Ice Devils harassing his home village, he cannot complete this himself to conflicting duties. Reward is the successful parties a single pick of gear from his backlog for each member.
    Xicree, keelonen
    -[X] Buy Ether x1, Amritas x1 Sell Potions x2
    Arkeus, Darkened
    [X] Desecrated Fort E rank
    Arkeus, Darkened
    -[X] Equip Fire magic instead of dark magic of course.
    Arkeus, Darkened
    [X] Stock up on Amritas and the usual necessities.
    Cassiemouse
    [X] Vampires
    No. of votes: 3
    Cassiemouse, Guile, redaeth
    [X] Ice Devils
    No. of votes: 3
    Cassiemouse, Guile, redaeth
    [X] Shop first
    Grosstoad
    -[X] Buy Ether x1, Amritas x1
    Grosstoad
    -[X] Buy Amritas x5 and Vault them for Shimah's use
    Grosstoad
    --[X] Urge others to do the same
    Grosstoad
    -[X] Sell Potions x2
    Grosstoad
    [X] Vampire Coven?
    Grosstoad
    -[X] Equip Fire Magic
    Grosstoad
    -[X] Going to the Ice Devils afterwards
    Grosstoad
    [X] Stock up on Amritas and the usual necessities, check the job shop, consider switching our Dark for Fire (Dark won't work on vampires, Fire will work better on Ice Devils almost certainly)
    Guile
    [X] Go shopping
    redaeth
    -[X] Check the stores for green job crystals.
    redaeth
    -[X] Also look for something that allows you to resist Ice damage
    redaeth
    -[X] Buy Ether x1, Amiritas x20
    redaeth
    --[X] Store excess in the vault.
    redaeth
    -[X] Store Potions x2 in the vault
    redaeth
    -[X] Store the Burn Salve in the vault
    redaeth
    [X] Switch out Dark Magic for Wind Magic
    redaeth
    [X] Darkened
    No. of votes: 5
    RCa, Garahs, Roarky, theweepingman, mrttao
    -[X] Check racial mods at shop as well.
    Garahs

EDIT: Very messy.

20. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

Very messy, also it marks votes with an [X] which corrupts all future vote counts attempted.

21. UrsaTempest

It doesn't mark the Tally program itself, though, due to this:

Vote tally:
    ##### 1.1.1

Else, I'll delete it in an hour or so.

22. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

But it does mark in qqbot which is still more cleanly formatted and easier to use for the moment.

23. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

You awaken underwater, and immediately panic, thrashing your limbs and splashing water everywhere for a few moments until it sinks in that no. You are not drowning. This is still going to take some getting used too, but damn if it isn’t much more comfortable now that you are like… a fish person. You can breathe air still though, so does that make you an amphibian, you don’t want to be a frog again though, once was enough. Why aren’t there any more flattering animals you can compare yourself too? Ugh, pointless stuff, at least you feel well rested, and your new sleepwear did its job of not being super uncomfortable when wet, so bonus…. You think your gonna switch to the two piece tomorrow though.

You settle down back into the bathtub to relax for a few minutes more, pondering yesterday in your head… you’re pretty pleased with how things went with Sera, it went way better than you expected if you're being honest. Plus you guess there were the dungeons and stuff, kicking the crap out of Crystal Lake really did you some good. You climb out of the bath and begin toweling off, and amend your previous thought, bravado aside… Crystal Lake was still pretty tough. You are pretty sure braving the C rank would be a bad idea at this point. Ugh, stupid Maya, making you think all sensibly… hah, you really owe her you guess.

Anyway, once your dressed and equipped you grab your notes and head downstairs, you should probably put a new edition of the guide out. Sera is actually not downstairs yet for once, so you settle in at your table and start paging through looking for anything you might have missed adding. It’s during this alone time that someone else approaches you… you recognize him from the first day, the big bald guy, Rolf. Still using axe warrior you suppose, but you don’t recognize the weird mix of bone, metal, and stone that makes up his armor, not goblin stuff… you think. “You’re the one doing the guide right, Falconis?” he says without preamble.

You blink, setting your quill down to look up at the guy; he’s almost as tall as Shimah. “Yeah, that’s me, what’s up?”

“Good, “ he says, he takes a moment, as if visibly adjusting what he wants to say, “Look, thanks for your work on that. Knowing about the bonus bosses patterns saved Rose last time we ran Grotto. I noticed a couple of dungeons we’ve found that aren’t in your guide. Figured, I’d share.”

It’s around now that Sera arrives, yawning sleepily… and cutely. She glances askance at the man talking to you, but seeing your lack of concern she seems to shrug it off, sliding into her seat, “Good morning Al… Mister Rolf is it?”

You answer the unspoken question, “He’s just saying thanks for the guide, and offering info in return, you're welcome by the way.”

He grimaces a bit… and you recognize the expression, it’s the same one Anshelm makes when he has to admit a failure, still he soldiers on. “First one is a few miles north of Ogre’s Den, in a patch of badlands, look around in the rock formations, and you’ll find it. Ork Warcamp, four rooms, it seems like the in between for Goblins and Ogre’s, as far as enemies go, good mix of chaff and elites. It’s level eight though.” he glances up at your title and name before continuing, “Other one is the Castle of the Ice Queen, pretty long at six rooms and level seven… pretty hard though, probably a high party requirement. It’s up by Drake Nest, go west from the drakes till you hit an icy valley between a pair of mountains, can’t miss it.”

Huh, that second one could be all sorts of useful for you at least, you suppose you can tick another elemental themed dungeon off the list. “Cool, thanks Rolf, what’re the enemies in the second one like?”

“Heavy on the casters and ice damage. The physical enemies are mostly tanks for the casters and healers, anyway, like I said, thanks, party is coming down though.”

Ah yeah, there is Rose and Jack, you wave the big guy off and turn back to Sera, who is smiling slightly, “It looks like your guide is doing some good things,” she says.

It does feel kinda good to know you’ve saved at least one person, you allow yourself a smile as well, “Yeah, I’m glad I started doing this thing, even if keeping it up to date is a little bit of a pain sometimes.”

“Do you think we should check out one of the new dungeons today?” she asks curiously, even as she edges her chair a bit closer to yours to get a look over your shoulder at your notes.

“Mm… dunno, was thinking Desecrated Fort today, maybe in the afternoon? Or if nobody wants to do Fort I guess.

“Undead are usually weak to fire, so I don’t mind. There might not be much in the way of good loot for you or I though…” she says, frowning, “I suppose you might find some more dark boosting items though.”

“Which dungeon are we discussing?” Ah, there’s Shimah, taking a seat across from you.

“Desecrated Fort,” you and Sera say at the same time, you glance at each other, and she looks away blushing.

“I see, it would be good to at least scout it out,” She admits.

“Good Morning everyone!” Maya says cheerfully, as she slides into her seat, ears perked and twitching as she looks at Sera and you. “And how was your date last night?”

Sera of course goes beet red, but you just hold Maya’s playful gaze with your own defiant one, “It was a lot of fun, you had a good time, right Sera?”

“I-I did,” she admits, seeming to draw a bit of confidence from your words… of course Maya breaks into giggles anyway dammit.

“Good for both of you. Still it’ll be no fun if I can’t get you two all flustered, you’re both adorable like that,” Maya laments.

“Very much so,” Shimah adds. Traitor, you knew letting her hang out with Maya was a bad idea, anyway Anshelm is here and he seems to be glancing between the four of you like he expects something strange to happen… you guess Sera is bright red, Maya caught in a giggle fit, and you’re still kinda scowly.

“Sooo,” he drawls out, pulling up a chair next to Maya, “What’s the plan for today?”

You all discuss the options, and yeah, in the end you decide to hit Desecrated Fort. In the end it might very well have some nice gear for Anshelm, and it’ll be good to at least scout it out. Once breakfast is done you do a little shopping, and switch out Dark for Fire, no point in keeping Dark on for the fort. Other than that it’s just a basic restock on ethers run, though everybody sells a couple of potions and buys an extra Amrita for a stock being put in the vault, everybody does one.

Maya makes a quick stop to snag Ninja, and you glance over the available classes…. Selection is actually kinda crap. Besides the starter classes just Ninja and Dervish, as well as a Hammer Warrior job. Nothing you want.

Maya equips Ninja, which fills her last active slot, with ‘Ninjutsu’. Right now it gives a chance to automatically switch with an adjacent enemy when hit, and the ability to make an Illusionary copy of herself that will attack and draw agro until it gets hit, at which point it explodes into a cloud of poison smoke. Kinda pricey SP wise, definitely not something she can spam. After the requisite shopping you're off! The trip out to desecrated fort is a pretty long one, although you don’t run into trouble, you suppose your very first wild encounter with the Kiln Knight must have drained a good chunk of your bad luck.

The fort itself, much like the graveyard, seems to sit in its own cloud of dismal murk on a rocky plain. The dungeon location is an old and crumbled fort… you vaguely recall there having been a city further out in this direction that feel a good century ago, Lor… Leic, L something,… maybe this is a relic of that city? Either way, it’s a…four person dungeon? You were kinda expecting five.

In any case, it’s a dungeon now, nothing but a nest of murderous beasts. The first room… honestly passes easily, The gatehouse setup allows for the archers situated behind the shield wall of skeletal spearman a good shot at you, and maybe a few days ago that would have been daunting. The howl of Maya’s Warg heralds their end though as the tank squad, as you’ve come to think of Anshelm and the pets, smashes right through the shield line, scattering them and breaking the defensive boosts they have by standing near each other. Juggernauts charge is fairly ridiculous on someone of Anshelm’s strength. That’s not even getting into the efficiency of Sera is burning armored skeletons to slag and ash. The archers for their part can’t even seem to touch Maya when they do get a shot at the hunter.

In the end they die quickly enough, nothing more than a speed bump and a drain on your SP resources. The next room, the fort courtyard is harder. Harder only because of greater numbers and caster backup. You imprison one of the necromancers and Sera burns another down, but the third one gets off a field wide buff and the arrows start raining down. Anshelms ability to force the spearmen apart and break their lines makes things a lot simpler though, even if he is burning through SP faster than usual.

Third room is where things start to get interesting. Two full squads of spearmen, backed up by ogre sized skeletons on black platemail, wielding massive shields and maces, plus the usual complement of poisonous archers, and skeletal necromancers, which keep you occupied dropping Aqua prisons.

For the first time you see Anshelm’s charge get rebuffed by the massive knights, and he takes a nasty hit from both in retaliation. Which means the archers up on the ramparts have more time to shoot, bugger. Shimah has to start working now, though Maya’s attack strips a chunk of health from one of the Heavy Knights and poisons it to boot. Given their ninety percent resistance to poison, you know those daggers must be stupid.

You keep yourself busy along with Sera picking off the ranged fighters, and in the end they fall. You take an Ether, and the party moves on, feeling fairly confident. So far the even this room was more resource intensive than deadly.

Room four is inside the fort proper, unlike the last two rooms, and here there are not only three of the Heavy Knights, but even dozen necromancers and… something called a Bone Eater… with twice as much health as a heavy knight great, where is it though…

Oh, clever it’s a giant mass of random bones that were scattered on the floor and animated with necromancy. Fuckin wonderful, you nod to Sera and decide to show the stupid thing just how much you appreciate it half killing Maya’s Warg in one blow. Lots of fire solves a whole lot of problems you find… Still even with Maya tearing into them, the sheer number of necromancers reaps its toll damage wise, and you see Shimah quickly using an Ether when she has a chance.

In the end the heavy knights are the last to fall, and the Bone Eater the first. Anshelm got hit by some kind of defense debuff though, so you wait that out, healing up. You pop an Amrita yourself.
    Room five… is a mess, it looks like it was the forts old dining hall, and it is packed with ordinary skeleton soldiers and necromancers. Of course, the whole place is filled with a weakening miasma of dark, which is just all sorts of fun.

The sheer number means that at first Anshelm can’t break up all the spearman, meaning their self buffs render them damn near invulnerable to physical damage… doesn’t stop Sera though. Dragonbreath is a nasty spell. You concentrate on helping Maya clear the casters and keeping an eye on your guardian.

The boss room takes place on the roof of the fort. You face every enemy fought thus far. Archers scattered over the battlements, along with necromancers. Spearmen and three heavy knights acting the shields… and the boss Ranulf the Betrayer…

It’s just another skeleton knight, you think at first, though the armor gives you a nasty flashback, reinforced when you catch a look through the eye slits of the helm, filled with the same hateful fire as the Kiln Knight. Oh look, 120 percent resistance to fire. Great.

“Boss is immune to fire,” you shout, even as combat is joined and the sounds of clashing metal and ice start to echo. You eat a poisoned arrow and need a quick heal, but the archer who shot you gets burnt to a crisp by Sera, so it's all good.

The boss for its part, makes an eerie shrieking sound that sends shudders down your spine, ugly black mist flowing from its armor in waves as it unsheathes the greatsword on its back and wades into the fray.

Anshelm visibly recoils as it approaches, and you can almost see his strength being sapped. Then Sera detonates a fireball right in the middle of the crowd. It doesn’t hurt the boss, though it sure hurts his minions. The ones closer to him seem to take less though.

You don’t have time for that though. You and Maya play whack a mole with the necromancers, you popping them into prisons as quick as you can while she pops free ones and those that escape. Unfortunately, this means that your guardian gets torn apart by the swarm of melee fighters before you can heal it up. Crap.

Still… you are winning, Shimah has to concentrate on nothing but keeping Anshelm and the Warg alive, allowing her totem to heal you and Sera when you get hit, but in the end, they only weaken, and you have the resources to keep going. Maya's warg does fall though, tearing off a heavy knight's arm even as it dies with a half dozen spears in its chest. Another Ether goes down the hatch as the last of the enemy casters fall, and then comes the slog of finishing the rest of the enemies as Sera switches to lightning to begin bursting down the boss, conserving SP by using powerful charged bolts.

Luckily the boss, or at least the E rank version of him seems to lack any specials besides his aura, and a self heal he only uses twice. Either way, it drops, flames inside guttering out with one last bone rattling howl.

Congratulations!
    80 Experience gained
    10 Job Points
    90 Gilder

The party has looted
    4 Amrita
    4 Ethers
    4 Hi potions
    2 Panacea
    [Blacksteel Greatshield] A greatshield made of a forgotten alloy, stronger than any normal steel. Too heavy for all but the strongest of men to use. Renders the user immune to critical hits. 280 Cannot Equip
    [Tainted Longbow] A longbow of fine yew, tainted by foul magic. Deals additional dark damage and has a chance of poisoning its target. 280 Cannot Equip
    [Abyssal Staff] A staff of warped black wood thrumming with dark power. Greatly boosts dark spells and resistance to dark magic, but penalizes the users health. 280
    [Traitor’s Cloak] A cloak worn by one who betrayed a close friend, burned black by corruption. Renders wearer immune to dark and increases threat, but the traitors spirit lives on. 280
    [Highlander Job Crystal] Wielder of massive swords. Superb damage, but mediocre defense. 500

“I’m not sure I like the look of that cloak,” Maya says, looking troubled, “The bow seems pretty nice though." she sighs as she regards the spot where her Warg fell though, "Looks like I'll need a new pet..."

“Shield is just what I’ve been looking for,” Anshelm says easily, then grimaces, "Sorry about the Warg Maya, had to concentrate on the big guy."

“Nothing of interest for me,” Shimah sighs, “At least the consumable drops were quite good.”

“Mm, the same,” Sera says sadly, “The staff doesn’t really suit me, my health is low enough as it is.”

Well, anything out of there you want? Job crystals probably a seller, Anshelm is the only one likely to want it, and even then probably not, low defense and all.

[]Loot and planz?

Al Lv6
    Ice Elementalist C
    Health 64/74
    SP 77/96

Maya Lv6
    Dual Blade Hunter C
    Health 72/81
    Sp 29/40

Anshelm Lv6
    Spear Warrior C
    Health 172/200
    SP 20/52

Shimah Lv6
    Shaman D
    Health 85/116
    SP 56/115

Seraphine Lv6
    Fire Elementalist C
    Health 67/75
    Sp 67/87

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    kffs, Vlagh999, LightMage and 11 others like this.
  24. Grosstoad

Hmm, dark loots.

Shield and bow are clear. Cloak is... Odd.
    It is probably best used by Anshelm, but the traitor spirit might mean an extra enemy, a curse, or random bad luck.

I am not even sure we should sell it. Can we exorcise items?
    Some Temple Brandeds might have abilities to attack or banish ghosts, maybe request them to do so?

Staff is... Dunno, maybe Lydia will be willing to buy it, but unlikely.

We can offer to sell Highlander to Rolf or Hiro.

Loot:
    [X] Anshelm: Blacksteel Greatshield
    [X] Maya: Tainted Longbow
    [X] Vault:
    - [X] All consumables, party members replenish theirs
    - [X] Traitor's Cloak (To be exorcised?)
    [X] Sell:
    -[X] Highlander Job Crystal (Rolf or Hiro gets first refusal)
    -[X] Abyssal Staff (Check with Lydia?)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    GiftofLove likes this.
  25. Fredo

Fredo Eternal Lurker

The cloak definately makes me feel uneasy. Not sure what the traitors spirit is, but it doesn't sound good. Wonder if there is any way to get a better ID on it?

Probably worth keeping the staff in case we run across a dungeon that is weak to dark magic. May be times where the extra damage is worth the health hit.

26. UrsaTempest

Burn the cloak. Or sell it.

27. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

... Green job drop. Green job drop. And no one can use it. qq

Okay, so the Kiln Knight definitely appears at Desecrated Fort at higher levels. Good call on that Redaeth.

Loot's nice. We can use the staff if we get necromancer or the like on a drop. Or sell it to another branded. Worth keeping around for the moment as a probable upgrade. Nothing's vendor trash except maybe the job.

It looked like Al used 2 ethers and both Sera and Shimah used one each.

Loot:

[X] Anshelm Blacksteel Greatshield, 1 hi potion, 1 panacea
    [X] Al- 2 ethers, 1 high potion
    [X] Maya - Tainted Longbow, 1 high potion
    [X] Shimah- 1 ether, 1 panacea
    [X] Sera -1 ether, 1 high potion
    [X] Vault- Traitor's Cloak, Highlander Job Crystal, Abyssal Staff
    -[X]Think about Rolf for the Highlander Crystal. relationships are important, and we really need to be more connected as well as more powerful by the time the big incident happens. We can't afford anyone to die, and as Branded we all have very high odds of dying if we aren't ready.

Sad to just sell the staff and crystal, and really leery of selling that cloak given the text. We can bring it to the church and ask.

Shame about nothing in the jobs.

[X] Castle of the Ice Queen E rank
    -[X] Keep an eye out for any monsters Maya can make into a pet.

We're near the cap on this and if Desecrated Fort dropped a green job it probably drops green ice jobs. We probably don't have time to go back, get a job, go up and out, since the compromise didn't work out. D rank will probably be a ways off still, so best to do this now.

Other alternative would be calling it a short day and running Ogre's Den again, or something like GG C for the warg, but people seem sick of that.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Arkeus and Xicree like this.
  28. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

The job is for Rolf. He was still Axe Warrior right? Highlander seems like the Axe/Sword fusion.

-[X]Think about Rolf for the Highlander Crystal. relationships are important, and we really need to be more connected as well as more powerful by the time the big incident happens. We can't afford anyone to die, and as Branded we all have very high odds of dying if we aren't ready.

Main reason to do Castle of Ice is we are sort of close to the level cap (level 7) and if we do missions tomorrow we'd be forced to do it soon so we don't overlevel it. Or we'd need to get help from another branded to get there, and that means splitting the group.

Too bad, I kinda wanted to do Drake's Nest D-rank :(

GiftofLove likes this.
  29. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Sad to just sell the staff and crystal, and really leery of selling that cloak given the text. We can bring it to the church and ask.
    Shame about nothing in the jobs.

30. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Too bad we didn't get to see our AoE Acid Rain in action, it could have been pretty damn food against those big packs of undead.

EDIT: We should also ask Sera what is her new earth spell.