• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

New profile posts

It's already pretty impressive that you're the first response 95% of the time, but being first while also having a relevant picture to add is a whole other flex.
How would taking a template work (when said template has access to a growth enhancer like a litrpg system) when the growth enhancer they have access to is fairly open ended, would it give me access to the system they use for me to do the fuck I want with or would it shoe horn me into roughly the same build that they got as I get to their level of power?
Leecifer
Leecifer
I'd run it as you get the system, but your rate of power gain would be nerfed. Like if you Templated Bel from Danmachi you'd still grow faster than if you Templated someone else of equal power with a Falna, but, in turn, your initial Template's direct power would start off significantly weaker to justify it.
Leecifer
Leecifer
It would, in fact, shoe-horn you into the system, but Templates don't have to be characters, they can just be the system, though you wouldn't get the growth enhancer, as the growth enhancer is part of their build so you can't a-la-carte it.
Leecifer
Leecifer
If you want both the system, and the growth boost, I'd point out that you're no longer trying to make an interesting premise, you're just trying to cheese the power to 'win', at which point, given how broken the various Catalogs are because they have Point Gain mechanics baked in, just Capture some people and buy the additional abilities, though that'd likely make for a poor story.
Efforts in teaching myself to touch type continue apace; unlearning a decade of habit is proving to be more miserable than I would've thought.

To anyone who reads this: What do you find more fun? A map, or simple landmark descriptions with no map? I sometimes find a map with points on it makes me less inclined to explore.
Smuthunter
Smuthunter
That's my experience with open world games. All I need is landmarks that look interesting and I'll go explore them myself.
The Uninspired
The Uninspired
Yeah I find that pretty amusing about running my ttrpg campaign! My players are way more excited to go explore a random ass mountain I described with a hole through it than any of the places I put on a map. I guess the followup if you'd be willing answer:

Do you think the same applies to quests written on forums?

Hope you're having a good day today tho! ^_^
Hi! Can you help with an email change for this account? I'm getting an error: "Your full account details are not currently editable."

I saw the "no-disposable-email" warning/change and want to make sure I'm not going to lose my watched threads :)

Wasn't sure how best to contact an admin about this, sorry if it's posted in the wrong area.
Okayy.......Chapter 7 of Ghostly Intrusions will be out tomorrow. And I actually mean it this time lmao.
was stalking your threads to read something nice before sleep and stumbled on [rusted soul].

the premise is really interesting and im kinda sad that you didn't continue it, but now my headcanon for it is that after writing log 1 the mc gets killed by a zerg roaming with ak's.
Dylz
Dylz
Lmao!
I have been told approval takes only a few minutes. Is that false? It's been an entire day....
For account registration btw.

Posted this on BrokenAscendant's page

Now it's actually been a day
E
EldritchHorror
Is it not possible to just delete and reregister again?
ses
ses
You may have picked a bad day to sign up, mods are likely distracted by the XF2 migration and trying to make the site less broken and horrible looking as a result of all the things that broke.
Back