• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Xenforo Threadmarks Add-On

Biigoh

Primordial Tanuki
This might also be nice.

If I had to pick one of Xon's modifications I could get for QQ, it'd be OP-wordcount thread alerts. But these things are also good. I'll see if I can get them installed over the Christmas break.

If we wanted to pay for the other threadmarks thing, it could be useful.

Most excellent.

Given the multiple requests for it, I'm in favor of buying this. I don't know the current state of QQ finances, but I can pay part or all of the cost.

I'm going on vacation until next Friday, but after that I still have a few weeks of winter break, so I'll be available to do install work. (And look through the current backlog of addon requests.)

Most excellent.

Given the multiple requests for it, I'm in favor of buying this. I don't know the current state of QQ finances, but I can pay part or all of the cost.

I'm going on vacation until next Friday, but after that I still have a few weeks of winter break, so I'll be available to do install work. (And look through the current backlog of addon requests.)

We're making it on monthly payments, but barely. The Xenforo license and domain name renewals were both in the last month, so we have less than $100, and we'll have less than $50 if we use board funds to buy that add-on.

I should get around to renewing my subscription. Mine lapsed after Paypal decided to be an ass.

In addition, I could drop $50 immediately on this upgrade, so we didn't have to stress the main account.

I notice that it requires a number of addons(which appear to be free), and Xenforo's Enhanced Search feature which has a software requirement of its own(which is open source). I don't think we have any of the addons, and I know we don't have the Enhanced Search, which will cost another $50 to get and $10 extra yearly.

This might be more costly than anticipated.

...huh, damn. Increasing the subscription runs into a "credit card required" warning on Paypal. This is going to be tricky.

Okay, so far, we've received $55, and need $30 more to cover all the costs associated with this upgrade, then alethiophile can begin once he gets the free time.

EDIT: $20 remaining.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back