1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wormverse Fanfiction Discussion, Snips and Reccomendation Thread

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by DoggySoup, Jan 14, 2015.

1. DoggySoup

DoggySoup I trust you know where the happy button is?

I decided to create one since SV and SB have their own versions.

Snake/Eater likes this.
  2. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

I'm recommending Camp Cauldron Lake, At an isolated, unfortunately-named summer camp in rural Massachusetts, half of a cabin triggers with superpowers as a part of a mysterious organisation's enigmatic social experiment.

3. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

I believe the worm idea's thread was being used as the same thing, but meh. It works.

Snake/Eater likes this.
  4. Snake/Eater

this could be used as a advertising board for worm related quests and fanfics.do you have anything you want to recommend?

5. OverReactionGuy

Maybe later. Going to take a shower now.

6. OverReactionGuy

Updated the story time thread with the redone version of Oh, Joy. The SI story where I reincarnated as Emma and nearly blew up the moon with in the first couple minutes of having a power.

Here is a link for those who might be interested.

Trilonias and Snake/Eater like this.
  7. Snake/Eater

A Den of Wolves
    A Worm quest where you play as a high-school senior trying to navigate the aftermath of a mass trigger that killed dozens of people. Now everyone wants to find the people responsible, and you're one of the prime suspects.

Alec Lupe likes this.
  8. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

9. Daimah

Daimah Something something

So... here's a little thing that came to my mind the other day. Not exactly a crossover even if one character (the one in the title) is pretty much taken from RWBY .

Penny

I should have known better, shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. Of course those three wouldn't stop just like that. First day back from winter break, twenty minutes before my first class and somehow they have messed with my locker again.

The crowd hanging around near my locker should have been my first clue, with some of the trio 'hanger-on's here and there. But it wasn't until I was in front of my locker and smelled the stink of whatever those three crammed into it that I realized that the unspoken truce from the last trimester was over. Taking a breath I psyched myself to open the door and see the damage for myself.

"Salutations, locker neighbor." A chirpy voice startled me before I could open my padlock. "I am new here and I was wondering if you could answer some questions I have." I almost flinched when I saw that it was the red headed girl in front of the locker next to mine who was talking to me. Damn you, Emma. Luckily that's all that she had in common with my former friend. Her hair was shorter and Emma would never be caught dead wearing a bow. Also her light tan blouse and her grey dress with green highlights showed that her figure was closer to my stick like frame than Emma's curvy one. Lastly her green eyes boring into mine held nothing but innocent curiosity.

"Eh. Yes?" I almost stuttered looking around to see if this was another layer of my bullies trap.

"Sensational!" I took a step back when she threw her arms up in the air enthusiastically. "My name is Penny, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Hello Penny, I'm Taylor." I said still a bit hesitant. This still could be part of the trio's latest prank but it costs me nothing to be polite just in case it isn't.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." She said again just as animatedly as the first time.

"You already said that." I noted taking another step back from the strange girl.

"Oh, so I did!" She happily exclaimed.

"You wanted to ask me something?" I asked trying to move the conversation along. Some of the onlookers were starting to get impatient, most of them were part of the trio's clique. So Penny wasn't part of whatever the three had planned, good to know. Still better end this quickly before she becomes a target too.

"Oh, yes. This is my first time in high school. Do all schools have a designed locker to store biological waste in it, and if so, why?" She asked earnestly tilting her head.

"No, it's..." Was she serious? Yes, yes she was. Ok, there's something definitely not right with this girl. "Someone must have thought that it would be funny to do that with mine." I replied looking around. I spotted Madison at the far end of the corridor. I bet that she was there to act as a look out. I had no idea were Sophia and Emma were but I was sure they weren't far.

"That's not funny..." She said trailing off and frowning a bit "Is it? Not very nice either. Do you require assistance? Should I find one of the janitors?"

"No, no Penny. It's okay, I'll handle it." Strange or not I couldn't drag this girl into my problems. She obviously wasn't all there in the head and if those three target her they'd eat her alive. "I'll just see how bad it is and talk to the janitor myself." I said turning back to my locker and unlocking the padlock not even bothering to try and keep the combination secret, after all those three have shown that they can get into my locker whenever they want anyway.

"Okay, if you are sure." Penny said tilting her head.

I opened my locker hoping against hope that the mess inside wouldn't be that bad. Of course it wasn't, it was worse, just the smell was enough to make my eyes water and make me feel queasy. And of course that's when someone grabbed the back of my head and pushed me inside, banging my forehead against the back panel of the locker and closed the door. Still dizzy I heard the clack of the padlock closing.

"Hey, why would you do that?" I heard Penny say. I guessed that she was talking to my assailant.

"None of your business, just run along and don't even think of babbling to the teachers if you don't want to be next." Sophia Hess, of course, no surprise there.

"That's not right. Don't worry Taylor, I'll get you out." Oh, Penny no.

"Penny, just go get a teacher..." I tried to say when I heard Penny fumbling with my lock but I was interrupted by the sound of her body being slammed against the door.

"Listen you retarded bitch, I gave you an easy way out. Do you want to see if you, Herbert and all that filth fit in there at the same time?" Said Sophia marking the end of each phrase by slamming Penny against the door.

"I don't think I like you." Was Penny's answer.

I'm not sure what happened next. I heard a scuffle and what sounded like a fist hitting flesh. Sadly thanks to Sophia I've been on the receiving end enough times to recognize that sound, and this one sounded like a punch that really hurt. It must have been quite a hit because the next sound was of a body dropping to the floor.

Inside the locker I was torn between panic and guilt. Panic because I didn't doubt that Sophia would try to go through with her threat. And guilt because poor Penny didn't deserve this just because I decided to respond to her question. Maybe if I hadn't...

I was jarred out of my musings when the door of the locker opened suddenly and I started to fall backwards. A pair of hands grabbed me under my armpits and kept me upright.

"I told you I would get you out." I looked over my shoulder to see Penny standing there holding me up with a sunny smile on her face. And on the floor behind her knocked out cold was Sophia Hess.

----oooo----

Half an hour later, after showering and borrowing Penny's gym clothes, both me and my new... Acquaintance? Friend? Well, me and Penny were sitting outside principal Blackwell's office waiting to be chewed out. Well, officially it was to give our side of the story but by now Emma and Madison must have had time to spin whatever tale they want and coordinate with their herd of psychopaths to back each other up. And to make matters worse I don't think Blackwell was very happy with the fact that her star athlete was in the infirmary waiting for an ambulance with a possibly broken jaw. Yes, behind her deceptively small frame Penny really packs a punch.

And on the other side we have the loner and pariah of the school, me; and the strange new girl. Yeah, you don't need to be a genius to see how this will play.

"This school thing sure is more eventful than I was led to believe." Said Penny. She was sitting next to me swinging her legs back and forth and ignoring the glare of the secretary in front of us. "What a first day."

"This isn't what it is normally like. And most people would have just walked away from a confrontation like that at the first opportunity. Not that I'm not grateful that you stood up for me."

"I only did what i thought was right. Mother always tells me to do so."

"So... you live with your mom?" I asked trying to keep the conversation going.

"I used to. She taught me almost everything I know but she said that I needed to interact with more people. You see, mother has a... condition -hic- and she can't really leave our home and were we lived was a rather isolated part of Canada with very few people around. So she sent me here to live with my father and get some experience with dealing with people and making friends."

"Oh, okay." Well that explained a lot about her. Being home schooled and growing up with so little human contact, no wonder she is so quirky. "And how is it going? The people thing I mean."

"It's a work in progress. Father gave me some pointers but mother vetoed most of them." She paused for a second and added. "I think he is worse at this than I am." Penny mock whispered.

"Well, I'm as far from an expert in dealing with people as you can get, but if I can do anything to help you just ask."
    "Oh, I haven't made any friends yet." She said turning to me and leaning forward "Would you be my first friend here in Brockton Bay?" And that's when she turned those puppy dog eyes on me.

"Yes, Penny." Strange or not she was the first person that wasn't part of my family to give a damn about what was happening to me and do something about it. So why the heck not, she must already have drawn the trio's ire defending me and knocking out Sophia so turning her down for her own good wasn't a valid excuse. And we could watch each other's backs anyway. And maybe, just maybe a little part of me wanted to have at least one friend again.

"Sensational! We can try on clothes, paint our nails, talk about cute boys!" Penny exclaimed jumping up and startling the nosy secretary that had been keeping an eye on us the whole time.

"Penny" I said standing up too and putting a hand on her shoulder trying to calm her down. "Maybe we should start with something more simple, like hanging out on the boardwalk or something?"

"Of course, Taylor my friend." She answered almost glomping me.

"Penny, air." I gasped tapping her shoulder. She really is stronger than she looks.

"He he, sorry." She said letting go of me.

And of course that's when the door to the principal's office opened and Emma, Madison and a couple of their lackeys came out of it to ruin the moment. At least with the secretary and Blackwell present Emma couldn't do anything more than smirk at me on her way out.

"Miss Hebert, miss Wallis, you can come in now." Said principal Blackwell. Time to see what kind of tale Emma has come up with. At least for once it's not just me against most of Winslow, I've got Penny on my side. That's a one hundred percent improvement... right?

So, I think I gave enough clues to guess who are Penny's parents here, but if you want to know for sure
    They are Dragon and Armsmaster

Zeir, kabs, Thief of Words and 14 others like this.
  10. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Yeah, I'd say her father is worse at this than she is.

kabs likes this.
  11. Trilonias

Trilonias I trust you know where the happy button is?

We need more of this story, stat. I can't believe it took this long for this to be made...

Love it. At least Penny can get better at this social thing much more easily than her father... Maybe.

Thief of Words likes this.
  12. Daimah

More Penny :D

Penny 2

"Miss Hebert, why am I not surprised to find you in the middle of things?" Blackwell said scowling at me. I gritted my teeth and forced myself to stay quiet. "And miss Wallis, as this is your first day here I'm willing to believe that this is nothing but a misunderstanding on your part and write off miss Hess' injuries as an accident letting you off with just a warning if you tell me the truth of how miss Hebert here lured miss Hess to her locker for her poorly thought prank, forcing miss Hess to defend herself."

"But that's not what happened." Penny said before I could say anything.

"You might want to reconsider your position, I've got four witnesses that say otherwise. If you confirm their claims then the only one that will end in suspension will be miss Hebert here, if you don't then I will have to suspend everyone involved. I'm sure you don't want to have to explain to your parents why you ended in suspension on your first day here."

"Including Sophia?" I couldn't help but ask.

"She is on her way to the hospital, I think that's enough punishment." Blackwell answered giving me a cold look. "Now miss Wallis, do you want to change your story or do I have to call your parents?" She added, her hand hovering over her phone.

"Oh, that won't be necessary, principal Blackwell." Said Penny and for a second I thought that she'd turn on me too. "I already informed my father of what happened and he should arrive any moment. Oh and he said that he'd contact Sophia Hess' social worker too."

"Sorry, what?" Blackwell's face was priceless, I guess she didn't think that a teenager would do that of their own volition.

"Oh, yes, because of his work he is aware of Sophia Hess' situation and..." Penny trailed off for a moment. "And he said we shouldn't be talking about that so if you don't mind we'll wait outside until father arrives." She added taking my hand and getting up.

"Miss Hebert, miss Wallis, one week of suspension each, and you can be sure that I'll be calling your bluff young lady." Blackwell finally recovered her composure and finally grabbed her phone. Looks like she decided that Penny must be lying.

Penny just shrugged and walked out of the office were we took the seats in front of the secretary again.

"Did you really call your dad?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Yes I did."

"But, when? Was it when I was showering?" That was the only time we were apart since the incident and while I've been a bit out of it I think I would have noticed if Penny made a call right next to me.

"Ahhhh... yes! -hic- that's when." She said nervously averting her eyes. Okay, not the best poker face here, Penny. But whatever, I guess it's none of my business and I'd rather not make my new friend more uncomfortable.

"So, what was that thing about Sophia and a social worker?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"I'm sorry, Taylor. It's not my story to tell. I think father didn't like that I mentioned that at all." She said and for the first time since I met her, even if it was just forty minutes ago, I saw her sad instead of smiling. Foot, meet mouth. Now I felt like I kicked a puppy and I don't think anyone would describe that feeling as nice... well, maybe Sophia, I'm pretty sure that psyco kicked three puppies before breakfast every day.

"It's okay, Penny, don't worry about it." I said giving her hand a comforting squeeze. "So, the broadwalk. Have you been there yet?" Second try to change the subject and this time I'd say it was a success given how fast she perked up.

We spent the next few minutes talking about what should we do when, not if, we met at the boardwalk. For once Blackwell's bias against me worked in my favor. Spending the next week getting to know Penny instead of staying in this hell hole? Hell yes. Ok it might be another black spot on my academic record, but seeing how the three bitches made their life purpose to sabotage it for the last year and a half it's not like I cared much anymore. The only reason I keep trying is because mom would have been really disappointed if I became a dropout.

Our conversation somehow had devolved into a discussion on the pros and cons of going for ice cream in the middle of January when the door to the waiting room slash principal's secretary office opened and a tall and well built man in a tailored charcoal grey suit and a metallic suitcase in his hand entered with a purposeful gait.

"Father." Penny greeted him with her usual enthusiasm.

"Penny." When he turned to us I was surprised that he seemed younger than I thought. Although his well trimmed beard helped to make him seem more mature. "And you must be miss Hebert, Penny has told me about you." He said fixing his gaze on me. His eyes hard behind his thick rimmed glasses.

"Yes, mister Wallis."

"She's my new friend!" Added Penny.

"That's good, Penny." He said in a dry tone. I guess that's what happens when you are overexposed to Penny's antics... or it could be that Penny was right and he is really socially awkward. "Please wait here while I talk to your principal."

"Yes, father."

He then just gave us a nod and just strolled to the principal's door, the secretary tried to protest but he silenced her with just a look. A scene that I admit I enjoyed more than I should, but after all the apathy and outright hostility from Winslow's administration I think I'm entitled to a bit of schadenfreude. Mr. Wallis entered the office without even bothering to knock.

After that Penny and I went back to our debate on sweet vs cold.

Zeir, kabs, Mist Again and 13 others like this.
  13. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Only one way to express my glee as to what's coming up....

14. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Oh Colin....

Prince Charon likes this.
  15. Prince Charon

If Sophia ever figures out who she's messing with...

16. Daimah

Penny

Interlude: Dadmaster

"Father." Penny greeted me with my formal designation. Maybe for the best because I didn't know what the appropriate response to a more familiar one would be. Maybe that's why Dragon has been trying to persuade her to use the less formal term of 'dad', to bring me out of my comfort zone. I am trying to upgrade my social interaction assistance software in case she finally convinces her.

"Penny." Sitting next to her is a girl wearing ill fitting clothes. The HUD on the prototype glasses I'm wearing identify her as Taylor Hebert, according to the data provided by Penny she is the victim of not only the assault on her person by Sophia Hess but suspicious bias against her by the school administration. "And you must be miss Hebert, Penny has told me about you."

"Yes, mister Wallis." With a blink the camera integrated in my glasses took a picture of Taylor Hebert's face, the bruise on her forehead clearly visible. More evidence in case it is needed.

"She's my new friend!" Added Penny.

"That's good, Penny." A positive relationship with the victim could be useful in case for some reason Sophia Hess' identity as a Ward is leaked, as unlikely as that scenario is. "Please wait here while I talk to your principal."

"Yes, father"

There wasn't any need for more conversation so I proceeded to the principal's office. Obviously the secretary tried to either stop me or stall to announce my arrival to principal Blackwell. I didn't let her do that and just marched into the room.

A hostile negotiation is much like a fight, one could even say that it is the social equivalent of one. There were various points that the two situations had in common that you have to cover if you want to come out on top of either.

Point one. Be as prepared as you can. I spent the drive here digging up all the information I could of all the involved parties, Blackwell included.

Point two. Try to predict and counter your opponent. According to what I discovered the two main obstacles were principal Carrie Blackwell and agent Miller, Sophia's handler or 'social worker' to those who do not know her alternative identity. Agent Miller for some reason neglected to inform of the few instances where Sophia's abuse of authority as a Ward were reported by Blackwell. Miller should be being interviewed by the PRT's internal affairs department right now so that only leaves Blackwell.

Point three. Surprise your opponent if possible. My abrupt entrance put Blackwell on her back foot allowing me to neutralize her advantage of being on her home turf and letting me to take the initiative and set the pace of the confrontation.

"No, the decision is taken, she has already been suspended... hold on Mr. Hebert..." She interrupted her phone conversation as I entered. "Who are you? What's the meaning of this?"

Ignoring her questions I set my briefcase on her desk. I just stood there staring at her for a few seconds. I might not be the most social person but I am very capable of making people uncomfortable, usually I do it without even meaning to.

"Collin Wallis, PRT special consultant." I finally said giving her the business card of my official cover identity. After all the accounting department of the PRT can't exactly write 'Armsmaster, tinker' on my cheque.

"Mister Wallis, I've been trying to call you..."

"I was already in the building when I received your call, there was no reason to answer."

"Right, I'll be with you in a second." She said turning her attention back to the phone. "Mister Hebert, as I was saying your daughter has been suspended for one week and there... no... you have been informed and this conversation is over." Blackwell slammed the handset on its base and glared at me. "Mister Wallis, I hope you are a bit more reasonable than mister Hebert. This morning your daughter participated in an unprovoked assault on another student resulting in her suspension."

"From what I know it wasn't unprovoked." I said keeping my tone neutral.

"And I've got four students that say that it was." She sighed. "Listen, mister Wallis. If there is something that I've learned working with teenagers is that they lie. I know some parents think that their 'little angel' would never do that, but they do." Her condescending tone was matched by her smirk.

"Yes, teenagers do lie." I said taking out a handheld device and after a few taps on the screen I set it on the table and slid it towards Blackwell. "And you have been lied to, four times over." The footage of Sophia Hess pushing Taylor Hebert into the vandalized locker played on loop whipped the smug expression from her face.

"That... that still leaves me with an injured student, no matter who started the altercation, the suspension stands." She was obviously still trying to get a win out of this, a petty one. Well, she can have it.

"I don't care about the suspension. It was an obvious mistake to let her come here instead of insisting on Clarendon or Arcadia. A mistake that I am very willing to rectify." I said putting my hands on her desk and leaning forward. "There is a reason I did introduce myself as a PRT associate and not just as Penny's father. Tell me principal Blackwell why weren't we informed of Sophia Hess' behavior?"

"What? What are you talking about?" She seemed really surprised and the social assistance program on my glasses agreed. "I've only done what you people asked me to, look the other way and cover for her when necessary."

"No, what the PRT asked of you was to support a Ward when she had to act on official duties, not to cover her possible criminal behavior."

"But miss Miller..."

"Sophia's handler is being questioned by our internal affairs department right now." I interrupted her.

"What do you want from me?"

"Your resignation as principal of this school." I said taking one of the seats in front of her desk.

"What, why would I do that? You don't have the authority to dismiss me. Even if I really had covered for your Ward's more suspicious activities, which I'm not admitting to having done so. I reported every incident to Miller so it's not my responsibility."

"Because, principal Blackwell..." I said taking back the device and playing an audio file.

"And miss Wallis, as this is your first day here I'm willing to believe that this is nothing but a misunderstanding on your part and write off miss Hess' injuries as an accident letting you off with just a warning if you tell me the truth of how miss Hebert here lured miss Hess to her locker for her poorly thought prank, forcing miss Hess to defend herself."

"But that's not what happened."

"You might want to reconsider your position, I've got four witnesses that say otherwise. If you confirm their claims then the only one that will end in suspension will be miss Hebert here, if you don't then I will have to suspend everyone involved. I'm sure you don't want to have to explain to your parents why you ended in suspension on your first day here."

"... I really don't like when someone messes with my family. So, either you resign voluntarily or you get to explain to the superintendent why Winslow has been taken out of the Wards program for its administration's incompetence. " I finished getting up and taking my briefcase. I went to the door but before opening it I looked back and said. "You have one week to decide."

I stepped out of the office to find Penny and miss Hebert so caught in their conversation that they didn't notice me until I coughed.

"Penny, we should go." I said interrupting them.

"Oh, ok. See you later Taylor." Said Penny dejectedly.

I stopped for a moment when a new prompt popped up in my glasses HUD. "Actually, if you need it miss Hebert we could give you a ride home."

"Yes, that's a sensational idea! Please Taylor come with us, please." To be honest Penny's enthusiasm brought a smile to my face.

"If it's not too much trouble." The girl said bashfully.

"None at all." As soon as I answered Penny began to drag her new friend towards the exit.

As I followed them another line popped up in my HUD.

'Good job, Colin.'

Thanks, Dragon.

Zeir, kabs, Mist Again and 10 others like this.
  17. Marthis

Marthis Oh how wonderful!

Penny makes everything better.

18. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Ahhh... that really is Armsmaster all over.

19. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

The adventures of Penny and Armsmaster.

I am liking this.

I so want to see a PoV where Sophia tries to explain how she got her ass knocked clean out by a perky, chirpy new girl.

Mujaki and Thief of Words like this.
  20. The Halfa Wannabe

The Halfa Wannabe Halfa is now Dark Lord of the House Elves Gone for Good

Ki just wanna see her face when Penny is in the PRT building talking with Armsmaster.

ShadowStepper1300 likes this.
  21. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Don't fuck with Armsdaddy.

22. Daimah

More Penny, this time Penny's day out with Taylor and a couple of special guests :D.

Edit: Here is a little something I made while I was killing time at work.
    [​IMG]

Penny 3

"Taylor!"

It was the next Sunday after our suspension from Winslow and as promised Penny and I were going to spend the afternoon hanging out on the boardwalk. When I told dad that I was going to hang out with a friend he put some money on my hands and told me to have fun, especially when he found out that it was the same friend that got suspended for defending me. I still haven't told him the full extent of the bullying or who was bullying me but with things looking up I hope I'll never have to.

"Taylor, over here!" And there she was, waving at me as enthusiastically as ever, Penny, drawing a lot of attention.

"Hey, Penny." I said running up to her. I checked my watch to make sure that I wasn't late.

"Wow, she really is always like that." I hadn't noticed her at first but there was another girl next to Penny.

She was at least a couple of years younger than us, her shoulder length blond hair was gathered in twin tails. She had a dark green hoodie and a denim skirt with thick leggings underneath to ward off the cold sea breeze.
    Now that I notice, Penny's dress seems awfully breezy for this weather... Oh well, she grew up in Canada so this must be like a hot summer afternoon for her.

"Missy, this is my friend Taylor. Taylor, this is my new friend Missy." Oh, God. I really really hope she didn't grab the first girl she saw while she was waiting for me and declared her her new friend.

"Hey."

"Hello."

"So..." I began looking for a diplomatic way to ask if she had been shangaied by my overly enthusiastic friend. "How did you two meet?" Not very subtle Taylor, not at all.

"Her father helps with... a martial arts class that I'm part of and the yesterday she was visiting and overhead me complaining that I was the only girl there." Missy said as the three of us started walking in a random direction.

"But I thought that there was another girl too." Interrupted Penny.

"Sophia doesn't count." Said Missy with a grimace.

"Sophia?..." No, it cannot be, what are the odds that it's the same Sophia. There must be more Sophias out there capable to make you cringe by just mentioning her name. "Hess?"

"You know her?" Missy said turning to look at me.

"Unfortunately." I replied sullenly. "She goes to the same school we do." I said, including Penny. "Hasn't Penny told you about our suspension?"

She looked at Penny, then back at me and shook her head.

"Sophia has had it in for me since we first met before my freshman year in high school and I still don't understand why. The other day she went too far..." I shivered a bit thinking what could have happened if Penny hadn't been there. "But Penny jumped in to defend me and the thing ended with both me and Penny being suspended and with Sophia's jaw broken."

"It was only dislocated." Corrected Penny.

"So that's why she hasn't been around lately. Sorry that you had to deal with her for so long." Missy gave me an understanding look. "But that jaw thing, couldn't have happened to a nicer bitch." Said Missy with a snort. I think I like her. "So, as I was saying. I don't have many friends at school, most of them are acquaintances at best and this martial arts thing eats a lot of time outside school so I can't hang out with them and while the guys there in the martial arts class are great and even some of them are good eye candy too I miss having some girls for friends. So when Penny came over and invited me to hang out today I couldn't say yes fast enough. I hope you don't mind me being here, I thought Penny told you."

"The more the merrier." I shrugged. Really, I couldn't blame her, while not exactly the same I also knew what is like to wish for a friend. In fact I don't even remember when was the last time I hung out with a friend like this... and considering that it would be an Emma memory I don't think I want to remember. "So, where to now?"

"I don't know, I was following Penny." She said pointing to said energetic girl who was walking in front of us swinging her arms back and forth.

"You know that this is her first time here in the boardwalk, don't you?"

"Oh! Penny wait!" Missy said running up to her.

After we steered Penny back in the right direction we dedicated the next couple of hours to the old art of window shopping, taking a small break for a late lunch. We skipped most of the clothes shops mostly because, like me, Missy preferred clothes that were more practical than fashionable and Penny... well, I don't know if it was because Penny's upbringing or what but the clothes that caught her eye were a bit on the eccentric side. Of course those were the few times that we actually went in to try something on just to goof around.

And then there was the incident in the pet shop with Penny wanting to hold all the puppies. I think it was the first time I was thrown out of a pet shop, or a shop at all, but it was totally worth it. Oh well, at least we were lucky enough that they didn't call the enforcers on us.

"How about a movie?" We were about halfway through the boardwalk and less than a block from the local cinema when Missy made her suggestion. "I think they released a new one from alep recently that's pretty good from what I've heard."

I shrugged in response, I did some quick math in my head and if I don't get any snacks I should still have enough money for the bus fare. "Why not?"

"I've never been to a cinema." Said Penny tilting her head.

"Well, then it's decided, let's go." She said marching onwards with me and Penny following behind.

The old style theater didn't have as many rooms as the new ones that have at least a dozen so our discussion about what we were going to see was rather short. Even so, we were still deciding between a comedy and a drama when Missy gave a little 'eep' and with a rather cute blush tried to discretely step aside to put Penny and me between her and the ticket booth.

"Missy?" I turned to see a group of four teenagers, two boys and two girls next to said ticket booth. The one who spoke was rather good looking blond guy.

"Hey, Dean. I didn't see you there." Replied Missy trying to sound casual and failing horribly. "Hello Vicky, Amy and... I don't think I know you." She said to the other three teens when they came over.

I had to do a double take when I saw that the blond girl, Vicky, that Missy greeted so casually was none other than Victoria Dallon also known as Glory Girl, of the local hero team New Wave. And let me tell you that the photos do not make her justice. Heck, I'm not into girls but I still had to stop myself from drooling anyway.

The other girl was rather plain in comparison with her shoulder length brown hair and rounder features, not that I have room to talk about other people's looks. Still this girl was not less famous than the blonde. Amy Dallon, Panacea also of New Wave. One of the few capes with healing powers and supposedly the best of them.

Okay, I admit that I was a bit starstruck right there.

Like Missy, I had no idea who the other guy was. He didn't register much either.

"This is Ed, we have a couple of classes together." Said Dean to Missy's implied question. "And Penny, right?"

"Salutations, Dean Stansfield, it's good to see you again." Greeted Penny.

"It's good to see you too, Penny." He politely replied. "And..." He added looking at me.

"Oh, I'm Taylor." I said snapping out of my celebrity induced fuge.

"Nice to meet you. Taylor, Penny, this is my girlfriend Vicky and her sister Amy."

"Hey."

"Hello."

"It's an honor to meet you both."

All I contributed with was a small wave because to be honest I didn't exactly trust my voice right now. It was almost a miracle that I was able to introduce myself earlier.

"So, have you decided what you want to see?" Asked Vicky. "Maybe we could make it a group thing?"

"Actually, Vicky. Remember that I told you that I already had plans today." Amy interrupted her sister stepping awake from her group to stand next to Missy.

"Come on Amy, that again?" Vicky said rolling her eyes. She obviously didn't believe her sister.

"Yes, Missy was going to introduce me to her new friends. Right? " Replied Amy giving Missy a not so subtle nudge.

"Ah... yes, yes I was?" Missy said. I'm not sure how to describe how she sounded but convincing she was not.

"More friends, sensational!" Good for you, Penny.

"Ri~ight. And this isn't your way of trying to get out of your date with Ed here." And Vicky wasn't buying it.

"It's not my fault that you decided to set this whole double date thing without asking me first." To be honest, I would be peeved too in that situation.

"Ok, then if you are not trying to get out of your date then why not bring him with you?" Insisted Vicky.

"Actually, we were thinking on making it a kind of girls day out, sorry." Countered Missy noticing Amy's discomfort.

"Yes, and we are kind of behind schedule, right girls?" Added Amy grabbing me and Missy while Missy latched onto Penny. "So, sorry but we gotta go." And just like that she dragged us away before her sister could react.

"Bye Dean, bye Vicky it was nice to meet you." Penny waved as Amy made her getaway with the three of us in tow.

And that's how I ended up sitting in one of those coffee shops that sell overpriced strange named coffee with my two new friends and one of the most famous heroes of the East Coast who, by the way, I was learning that was more of a normal girl than I expected for someone who could heal almost anything with a touch.

"... and that's when we saw you, or more like Dean saw Missy trying to hide." Amy finished explaining how she had ended in another 'blind date of doom', her words not mine, as I took a sip of my overpriced coffee with a strange name. Even if I'm more of a tea person I'm not going to say no if Panacea wants to treat us to coffee as a thank you slash apology for getting her away from her date slash crashing our day out.

"Ugh." Said Missy planting her face on the table in front of her.

"There, there." Penny patted Missy on the back.

"Come on Missy, it's not that big of a deal. It's not like your crush on Dean is really a secret. It's rather evident for anyone who has seen you two together. Even Dean himself knows." Yes, it was rather obvious that my new friend has a crush on Glory Girl's boyfriend.

Missy's answer was an unintelligible mumbling.

"I didn't know." Said Penny. I guess she was trying to be helpful. "But now I do." No, that doesn't help, Penny.

I wish I could offer Missy some advice but my love life is nonexistent. The only two guys that I have interacted lately are Sparky, a stoner that most of the time is lost in his own mind and Greg Veder and the less I think of Greg the better. So no advice on how to steal Glory Girl's boyfriend was going to come from me.

"Anyway, believe me, you don't want to be there sitting right next to them in a cinema when those two are in a good mood." Added Amy with a shudder. "They don't watch even a quarter of the movie." Not helping either, Amy.

"I guess..." Said Missy lifting her head. "Ok, enough moping around." She added and took a big gulp from her smoothie. Maybe I should have ordered one of those instead. "Well, since you all seem to know about my not so secret crush why don't we even the field a bit, Taylor what about you?"

"Uh, what about me what?" Not the most coherent answer, I know, but she kind of took me by surprise.

"Any boy has caught your eye?" Missy clarified leaning forward.

"Well, not really." I shrugged. No, getting my hopes up in that regard is just setting myself up for disappointment. "It's not like I have much to offer anyway." I said gesturing to my stick like body.

"I don't know, you have the whole tall and slender thing going for you." Said Amy eyeing me from head to toe. "And long legs, some of us would kill for legs like yours, you just need to show them off more." She added swinging her, in my opinion, nicely proportioned legs back and forth.

"And your hair is gorgeous." Missy joined in complimenting me while Penny nodded along.

"Thank you." I managed to mutter looking down at the cup of something-puccino. To be honest I can't remember the last time someone said something positive about my looks. It was a bit overwhelming, I could feel my eyes starting to water but I refused to cause a scene in front of my two new friends and Panacea.

"And liking someone has nothing to do with if you can get that person's attention or not." Missy continued taking my hand. "I'm perfectly aware that I have no chance to get Dean, with or without Vicky in the picture but that doesn't change what I feel for him."

"I..." I hesitated for a moment. "I haven't been having an easy time at school lately, so boys weren't high in my list of priorities."

"Sophia?" Asked Missy with a frown.

"Was part of the problem, yes." I answered and Missy squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"Sorry I asked, then." She said.

Way to kill the mood, Taylor.

"What about you, Amy. Anyone?" Missy turned her attention to Amy trying to salvage the conversation.

"Between school and volunteering at the hospitals I'm too busy for that kind of thing." She answered shaking her head. "And with all those horrible blind dates that Vicky dragged me to it's a miracle that I haven't decided to become a nun yet."

Missy turned to Penny about to ask her too but stopped herself.

"You know," Said Penny tilting her head. "This talking about boys thing is nothing like what television led me to believe."

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Zeir, Snake/Eater, kabs and 11 others like this.
  23. Prince Charon

OK, Penny continues to be adorable. The others are cool, too.

24. Cherico

Cherico Connoisseur.

quick question just brainstorming

Moving up the endbringer time line

1990 just after behemoth shows up.

another end bringer shows up

Its the size of a small truck and looks like a glowing blue owl.

It says it wants to retire and create a school to teach the old ways/magic before these young wipper snappers decided to abandon tradition and act like assholes.

The creature gives his parol and agrees to stay in the city of brockton bay and not go around murdering people like the others and in return he gets his school. Its been over 30 years since then, and the brockton bay school of magic really does work. Really does teach the magic arts. The endbringer keeps to his deal and mostly acts like a disgruntled old man.

How do people react to this, what becomes of the city, how is culture changed?

[​IMG]

25. Prince Charon

What style of magic? How powerful is it, what can you do with it, what can you really not do with it, et cetra?

These questions are kind of important to what effect it has. Third Age Middle Earth magic (cool, but limited and rather subtle most of the time; probable but vague consequences for overuse or misuse) is going to have a rather different effect from standard D&D wizard magic (starts out interesting but really limited by spells-per-day; grows to be ridiculously powerful; may not be possible to 'overuse,' due to spells-per-day limits; unknown consequences for misuse). Dresden Files magic (strict rules that can make you crazy-evil if you break them; potentially quite powerful; messes heavily with technology, even when you don't want it to) will have a different effect from Harry Potter magic (highly versatile on a personal level; doesn't appear to scale up well; little in the way of apparent consequences; may mess with tech) or Buffy the Vampire Slayer magic (starts slow, but can be quite powerful; is highly versatile; may be addictive but mostly does not appear to have other consequences, depending on the writer). There are a whole bunch of other options, and a lot of them would have rather contradictory effects on the setting, compared to each other.

Sydonai likes this.
  26. gatewaewanderer

gatewaewanderer Wandering Fool & Intermediate Lurker

Huh. Thought QQ already had one of these. Welp, here's a little something I just finished and posted on SB and SV.

The One That Got Away

"She got away." Martin mumbled to himself blearily as he bled out on the ground. "If nothing else... At least I managed that much." He closed his eyes, his fading mind going back over how he'd ended up in this situation. He'd begun talking with his girlfriend about retiring from the army, starting a family together. He'd decided that he wanted to visit his sister and her family, talk with them about what came next. Between the two of them, she'd always been the one with her head screwed on tight. Hopefully, she'd have some advice on what he should do with himself now that he was leaving the force. He'd called ahead 3 or 4 days ago to let them know he was coming, everything looking fine. That, and he'd been looking forward to seeing the energetic little firecracker that was his niece.

He pulled into the neighborhood a little late, nearing midnight. His niece would probably be asleep, but his sister and her husband should be awake enough to help him get settled in for his stay. When he'd pulled into the driveway, however, he'd seen a beaten-up old van sitting next to the house, looking like it had been driven through a war zone, pieces of missing here and there, with several bullets holes in the doors.. A jolt of worry entering his system, Martin had slowly and silently exiting his vehicle, gotten into his trunk and removed some hardware he probably wasn't... technically... supposed to have.

The gear in question - A handful of Tinkertech flash grenades that he'd forgotten were still in his bag when he'd left the base. He'd taken part of the field test for the strange little gadgets the week his leave started, and probably forgotten to return the unused ordinance. His standard issue side-arm. Like he'd go anywhere without it, the way the world was these days. And his combat knife, same reason as the gun. Screw the regulations. Neither weapon would mean much to a lot of Parahumans, but most Villains had at least a handful of normal men or women as part of their gang.

He arranged the equipment as best as he could with the clothes he was wearing, having forgone his uniform for this trip. Then he'd cased his sister's home, until he'd gotten to the side door. He'd heard noises coming from within, his niece's voice. She was pleading with someone, loudly asking for help. To save... her mother?! Gritting his teeth, Martin listened as a smooth, condescending male voice said something to his niece. He remembered thinking that he'd only have one chance and that he shouldn't squander it, so he'd broken the glass window on the side door and thrown one of the flash grenades inside as hard as he could. He'd then gone the closest window, broken it, and dived in.

He'd found himself in the dining room, which had thankfully been momentarily empty. He'd gotten one brief glimpse at his opposition, but that had been enough. He'd seen several figures that he couldn't quite make out, but the one he had clearly seen... It was a face anyone in the modern USA would recognize, considering said figure's infamy. Jack Slash. Which meant this was the Slaughterhouse Nine. The leader of perhaps one of the most dangerous Parahuman groups in the country, was standing standing over Martin's niece as she tried to keep Martin's sister alive.

From that point onward, he'd lost himself in rage, throwing everything he had at them, trying to be careful not to hit his niece. The entire time though... They were playing with him, like a group of cats with a single mouse, purposely prolonging its agony because they want to savor its suffering. He'd felt small, vulnerable, like a tiny piece of meat.

Clarity hit him suddenly. He wasn't getting out of this alive. Sooner or later, they'd tire of this twisted little game. With that in mind, Martin peeked over the table he'd knocked over and been using as cover. His niece was alone now, warily glancing around her. Heart heavy, he bolted into the next room and used the last of his flash grenades. Holding his breath, he grabbed his niece up in his arms and swiftly carried her over to the nearest window, breaking it. "Go, run as far you can!" He pushed her out the window before she could make any protests. He quickly turned back to face his enemies.

The next thing he knew, he was on the ground, his entire world being swallowed by pain. But, as his his awareness dimmed, he heard two things - the first, he might have imagined, but Martin could have sworn he heard a woman's voice from outside the house faintly saying something about a door. The second thing, though, that he heard clear as day - a loud cry of frustration from Jack Slash. Which meant she'd gotten away. None of the rest of it mattered, because Riley was safe.

-------------------------------------------

Author's Note - I've had this idea for a while now. Just wasn't sure how to pull off even the snippet I managed here. I admit, there are probably a lot of inconsistencies with canon, I've never been the best at catching things like that. Still, I did the best I could to try and keep any such problems out of this snippet. Admittedly, I attempted that by focusing on Jack as the opposition for as long as it lasted, the rest of the group being shadowy figures we never see clearly.

I know as well as anyone that a normal human wouldn't be able to hold the Nine off for very long, hence the mention of them playing with him. The sudden suicidal charge was meant to grab only a few seconds, enough time for Riley to get a few seconds head start. Martin had the vain hope to buy her more time time from there, but of course that wasn't happening. Hence sudden!Contessa intervention. Because, really, that was the only way I could imagine this working.

If it wasn't already obvious this is meant to be a 'Not-Slaughterhouse-9!Bonesaw. Martin was never meant to be anything more than a plot-device excuse for getting Riley away from the Nine right after she triggered. I've got no idea where to go from here, I just wanted to get this out of my head. Free to anyone who wants it, adjust it however you want. I've got another snippet I'm working on for a completely different, Not-Bonesaw related Worm idea I'm working on. Not sure when that one will be ready to be posted.

Feedback would be appreciated.

27. The Halfa Wannabe

The Halfa Wannabe Halfa is now Dark Lord of the House Elves Gone for Good

God I'm fucking sick of SB, can't even ask a fucking question without getting infracted, does anybody know of any Assassination Classroom stuff that replaces Kurosensei with the far more unlikable Scion?