1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Flesh and Steel [Worm Tinker Quest]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by OneOfManyEyes, Apr 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. swarm

swarm Versed in the lewd.

[X]Try to talk her down.
    -[X]Get her to turn herself in

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Terenak

Terenak Alleged Terror of the Stars

[x]Punch her the fuck out.
    -[x]Keep her here, maybe get some drugs to shut her up, and use her as a test subject.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. theqwopingone

theqwopingone Journeyman rationalist wannabe. Gone for Good

I do hope that this quest doesn't drop dead. It is rather interesting.

Ddmkm122 and OneOfManyEyes like this.
  4. Threadmarks: Punching Is Easier in the Movies
    OneOfManyEyes

OneOfManyEyes I trust you know where the happy button is?

[x]Punch her the fuck out.
    -[x]Keep her here, maybe get some drugs to shut her up, and use her as a test subject.

You aren't going to let her go anywhere with your tech, actually a lot of your tech needs to be implanted and you really don't want to try out invasive surgery on yourself. She would make a great subject and few people would notice or care if she vanished.

Before she could react you last out and punch her in the face she falls flat on her ass with her nose at a painful looking angle and spurting blood. She is still however conscious, despite what movies had made you thought it was harder to punch someone out than just hitting them in the face.

Before she could get in any actions edge wise you jump on her using your legs to pin her down while trying to find something to tie her up with and holding her down with you arms. You find some rope but as you go to tie it around her arms she head butts you right in the tit, and bucks you off her. She grabs the tool from the ground and tries swinging it at you. In a moment of panic yell out the only phrase that it currently has programmed in which causes all the parts of the multi tool to fold out. With her hands on either side it pushes the screwdriver and knife into them.

While she is distracted from the pain you punch her again for head butting you and tie her up. Afterwards you slide down the wall and sit looking at the bloody mess that your room is currently. Despite how you wanted it to go the whole action went poorly and you doubt nobody heard the fight.

You push the semi-conscious girl into your closet putting some duct tape around her mouth so she couldn't make any noise period and then went to work covering and cleaning all the blood. Luckily it mostly fell on other things and not your carpet. You shove most of that bloody shit into you bag, and head into the bathroom to clean off your multitool.

You run back into the main room and shove Kill Bill into the DVD player jacking up the volume nob to 11. Watching the move at to loud a volume it wasn't very long until the dorm monitors or whatever they are called knock on your door about a noise complaint. You tell them you were watching the movie really loud and go and turn it down until they say it's good. They leave saying nothing else so you collapse in a sigh of relief.

You smuggle your tool back into school over the next week getting it better and better. You are still missing a major part but you are sure you can figure it out. You also stop by Ricky, who you know deals drugs to get some to keep... actually you don't remember her name, happy as your pet. Heh, your entangling her maybe get a cool snake motif or one of those Asian dragons. Now you wish you listened to more to your grandmother's old tales there had to be some cool names in them.

You take the drugs and for a moment you have an idea. The complex Crystal chemicals had most of what would be needed to bond with sugers and create a molecular chain that could scale infinity. And allow for the construction, of your artificial organs. You are still at the dealers house but you have you pen and paper. It might be suspicious, but you are a college student and you could say that you just had an Insight on a assignment. Although there is always the chance that the drug dealer wouldn't buy it. However if you leave and go home or even to a more private place you probably will lose some of your inspiration. It's really hard not to drop everything and write.

[]Fall into the temptation, you can explain it later.
    []Just note down how to use the drugs.
    -[]Buy more so you can use them to build shit.
    []Wait until your home to try and save the tinkering ideas.
    []You have another idea...

5. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

[x]Fall into the temptation, you can explain it later.

Impulse control? What's that?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Terenak

[x] Just note down how to use the drugs.
    -[x] buy more so you can use them to build shit.

I'd rather not do obvious tinker stuff in the open just yet, that's how forced gang recruitment happens

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. theqwopingone

PRASE THE SUN!

Ddmkm122 and Akuma-Heika like this.
  8. fractal42

fractal42 Not sequal to fractal41

[X]Wait until you're at least a block away.
    -[X]Buy more so you can use them to build shit.
    --[X] Or, if we can make something that causes roughly the same effect as drugs have on a brain, we might be able to use the dose we already have; Best case, all of it, worst case, some of it. Should be enough for a prototype anyway.
    ---[X]After all, don't we want to work out how to control people via implants we put in their heads?
    --[X]If the dealer thinks he can overcharge, don't bother.
    -[X]Write illegibly. Draw diagrams like small doodles if at all.
    -[X]If asked, say that you are supposed to write about rich vs. poor neighborhoods for your assignment and are taking notes.
    -[X]Try to look around enough to not get robbed.

Edited to use theqwopingone's drug implant idea.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. theqwopingone

[X] Wait until you're at least a block away.
    -[X] Just note down how to use the drugs.
    --[X] Buy more so you can use them to build shit.
    ---[X] Or, if we can make something that causes roughly the same effect as drugs have on a brain, we might be able to use the dose we already have; Best case, all of it, worst case, some of it. Should be enough for a prototype anyway.
    --Get some downers while we're here to make implantation easier.

Edit: On a side note: We should really make something better for knocking people out, Or at least for making people unable to fight back.

Edit: We would also probably want to make something to dull nerves, so we could probably make something that does all three of those things with minimal amounts of modification. Thinking about it we would probably need to make something to dull nerves before we could implant the thing needed to dull nerves...We should get some seditives while we're here.

Edit: On yet another side note: The nuro-chemical formula that make a person feel love is serotonin dopamine and oxytocin. Since we are going to be feeding most of these to our new pet why don't we give her a custom mix? And also probably a regulator implant for it.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Ddmkm122 and Malcanthet like this.
  10. Malcanthet

Malcanthet Shy Adorable Arachne

I almost want to ask your for your hand now theqwopingone

--[X] Or, if we can make something that causes roughly the same effect as drugs have on a brain, we might be able to use the dose we already have; Best case, all of it, worst case, some of it. Should be enough for a prototype anyway.
    ---[X]After all, don't we want to work out how to control people via implants we put in their heads?
    -[X]If asked, say that you are supposed to write about rich vs. poor neighborhoods for your assignment and are taking notes.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. Terenak

Sounds like you're being doped up with a compound comprised of seratonin dopamine and oxytocin. :p

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. Malcanthet

You make it sound like being enraptured with chemistry talk is a bad thing ... Although it may explain why i was so attentive when taking my Pharmacy Assistant Course.

Ddmkm122 and Terenak like this.
  13. theqwopingone

Actually, if she's addicted to the actual drugs rather then the effect they have on her (i have no idea if this would actually be the case) we might want to give her a catalyst to react with the chemicals already in her brain to make the love chems rather then adding it into the system because of how the drugs are going to make her brain release some anyway. Maybe other then the oxytocin probably, because i don't think many drugs do much to that chemical.

Upside? A catalyst that would always be there, and which we could turn on or off, would be much easier to do with a implant. In both possible meanings that could have. We might want to give her something to make her brain not run out of the chemicals we want to use though (How most "drops" or "crashes" work.), so maybe make a pit stop at the shops for some food that we can make that either would restock her brain with the chemicals we want (I hear that chicken is good for that.) or which we could put a enzyme into to make them do so better (Sort of like how cooking works on longer chain proteins.).

Edit:
    Sapiosexualality fixated on (Nuro?)chemistry?

Edit: Actually, a fetish for Nurochemistry sounds delightfully meta. Almost as much as someone being mind controled into having a fetish for mind control.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. Malcanthet

(( Neuro ))

Doesn't help that I am pretty much Ace with bi-/pan- romantic tendencies. That and I do like intelligence not going to lie.

back on topic-ish: There are actually a bunch of herbs and spices that help replenish said chemicals. But something like your sounding board idea is plausible and could be fun to experiment with. Also we get a happy an/or dead test subject win/win?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. theqwopingone

Neurochemistry or neurology? Sorry if i'm being dense; I tend to do that without thinking about it.
    "pretty much"?
    I wonder if they do something to help with the "cooking"/nutrition absorption of the resources that are already there or just add more of it. If it's the latter we might be able to just go to a buture and get some grey matter or blood to get some raw materials from.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  16. Malcanthet

Neuro is the root word for anything dealing with the brain. I was trying to politely correct your spelling.

Depends on the specific 'definition' of Ace you are using. By some definitions I am Ace by others I am not; kinda irritating really. That said I have no interest in getting laid.

Not sure what you mean but the herbs and spices technically have a good amount of the neurochemicals in them; the different types have different chemicals mind you.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. theqwopingone

And thank you for that by the way. Sort of a non-answer though.
    I swear that some people seem to just change the order of simulacra that language uses, on the fly, depending on which meaning of any given word is stupider.
    I was wondering whether they were digestive aids for that particular set of chemicals, like how (I think that) berocca helps you get more fuel out of food rather then giving you more ATP molecules (And to extend the simile: How caffeine makes you burn up the fuel you get from food faster.), or whether they were more like vitamin supplements/sugar in that they give your body more resources to apply its harvisting process to.

Though, if you were talking about the harvisting of resources from blood/brain meat, it's just that i notest that adrenaline molecules look somewhat like dopamine, to the point where i thought that we might be able to make a catalytic implant that could make the time between a adrenaline rush starting/stoping and kicking in/clearing from a system as well as making the rush more intense/controlable, and thought that we would be able to get some of the type of molecules that could be changed into either of those types from animal parts.

For that matter, isn't adrenaline a part of DNA? We might be able to use that.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  18. Malcanthet

May be a sort of a non-answer but it was honestly what I was doing.

More the vitamin analogy but add in the fact that they breakdown into the precursors for the hormones which in turn become the hormones after a pass through the liver.

Heheh This gives me ideas although we will need to find a way to add additional Adrenal Glands that have been altered slightly to produce dopamine ::::D

Now why do I have a feeling the QM is slightly miffed at us and a little worried about the implications of our mostly on topic side track ...

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. OneOfManyEyes

OneOfManyEyes I trust you know where the happy button is?

No problem, though remember you have a lot of ideas for brain implants, but lack the instructions for the hardware.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  20. theqwopingone

Well i know that now, but i was talking about before you told us. We can probably make it easier to process then that. I mean that's basically how cooking works in the first place.
    I feel like having them make the stuff directly would be suboptimal, rather then having it make adrenaline turn into the other stuff as a way of getting rid of it. I don't think that there is any time where it would be better to have custom adrenal glands rather then either a dopamine gland or something to turn one into another.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  21. Malcanthet

Welp now that would make things fun. Of course we would need to spend a lot of time and money(?) with getting ourselves started. Also I think we are about to get an interesting visit soon if our 'business' associate blabs about our interesting order and fugue ... Damn we are going to be in an interesting predicament. Even worse if they find our tester.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  22. Lockingbane

Lockingbane Just call me Jumbo Jumba

-[X]Try to look around enough to not get robbed

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  23. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

-[X]Try to look around enough to not get robbed

Why not, looks reasonable enough.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  24. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  25. knight_enemy

knight_enemy Just one more page often turns into 6 more hours.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  26. Sincerely

Sincerely Me!

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  27. Malcanthet

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  28. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Not too sore, are you?

• Necromancy - Rule 7

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  29. theqwopingone

Hello Thunderstruck. Goodby Thunderstruck.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  30. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Not too sore, are you?

Huh?
    I don’t get it.

Ddmkm122 likes this.