1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Flesh and Steel [Worm Tinker Quest]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by OneOfManyEyes, Apr 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ultima333

ultima333 Happy Sunflower Time Administrator

Please avoid committing forum necromancy, which is against Rule 7.
    Keep in mind the time a thread has been dormant when going through old quests.

Aside from that, welcome to QQ. Don't worry, you're not really in trouble, just please avoid doing this again as it's impolite.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. theqwopingone

theqwopingone Journeyman rationalist wannabe. Gone for Good

Well when i weant looking for it there didn't seem to be a trope, but (what with you necroing the thread and all, and you just getting here) i had the mental image of someone bungee jumping down to somewhere, meeting someone and staying down just long enough to say hello and, once they noticed that they were leaving, goodby.

Edit:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Ddmkm122 and ThunderStruck like this.
  3. Threadmarks: Of Course All Your Plans Are Brilliant
    OneOfManyEyes

OneOfManyEyes I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X]Wait until you're at least a block away.
    -[X]Buy more so you can use them to build shit.
    --[X] Or, if we can make something that causes roughly the same effect as drugs have on a brain, we might be able to use the dose we already have; Best case, all of it, worst case, some of it. Should be enough for a prototype anyway.
    ---[X]After all, don't we want to work out how to control people via implants we put in their heads?
    --[X]If the dealer thinks he can overcharge, don't bother.
    -[X]Write illegibly. Draw diagrams like small doodles if at all.
    -[X]If asked, say that you are supposed to write about rich vs. poor neighborhoods for your assignment and are taking notes.
    -[X]Try to look around enough to not get robbed.

It's had to haggle when your mind is bouncing around like it is some kind of rubber ball, actually your metaphors suck, you could build a implant with an AI that could generate metaphors on the spot. You eventually leave the drug dealers house with a few more bags then you originally planned to get.

After getting a few houses down you pull out a notepad and quickly start writing. Even in the poorer neighborhoods no one questions a young adult walking and writing. Maybe all tinkers are in collage so no one knew who they were, go giggle a bit imagining Hero as a professor with a old tweed jacket.

When you get home you find your pet laying on your bed. It seems she got out of the closet and stumbled around the room until she fainted. You should punish her for that. You push her onto the ground and wipe some drool from her face, pulling out the multitool you grab a small vial from a chemistry set you liberated from the lab. You quickly attach the tool to the vial tacking apart the rewinder for your VHS tapes and using parts to make a mixer.

The drug not only would make a good base for a synthetic organic material but as a drug, truly you are a tinker for the ages. More seriously, you use a q-tip to swab your mouth, and pull some cleaners from under the sink, the drug can allow you to create several reactions in the brain, reactions your plans were designed to use electrolytes and zaps to create, if you could develop something to fabricate the hormones from the body not only can use use your pet to create drugs, and uses those drugs to make your pet all yours.

She is right there as you mix the cleaners and parts in the vial. The injector should put the target in suspended animation long enough to do some minor brain surgery. You stop as you line the needle up, injecting her now would be silly you need to make the implant frist, and now the designs are filling your head.

You are almost bursting at the seams the time you have access to the workshop again you are able to throw something together but the problem is that you have so many designs but the space you can use is limited. Looking around to make sure the place is empty you get yourself ready, you can built a few implants the main problem is they all have to be self powered, you don't have any way to power them remotely or from other parts of the body.

The first idea is a simple implant that can make a few happy drugs, a few depressants, and a few random other ones at the push of a remote not actual mind control but intro to psych tells you it should be more then enough to Pavlov your pet. The second idea is a machine that can develop drugs using your pets body, the drugs would be purer then anything that the dealers could get, you can't keep buying them, and the drugs could be sold if cash gets tight. Finally you could make a implant that can enhance her speed of thought, a dangerous idea for a pet, but it would be a prototype to make yourself. You actually have an idea of a design that would be a sort of writer thing that could make notes in your brain so you wouldn't have to have a problem like last time. Of course your mother didn't raise any idiots and while you are awesome you doubt your awesome enough that you could do brain surgery on yourself with no practice.

[]Pavlov Implant
    []Drug Implant
    []Speed Implant
    []Screw it Do Brain surgery on yourself.

AN: Thanks to ThunderStruck for inspiration to start back up righting this.

Shaaazaaam, EYE, Ddmkm122 and 20 others like this.
  4. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Not too sore, are you?

Y-Yes! That was my plan all along! To help a writer find inspiration... yes, totally.

Ain’t nothin to see here

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Ddmkm122, fractal42 and OneOfManyEyes like this.
  5. buffog

buffog Know what you're doing yet?

[X]Pavlov Implant

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Mrt9001

Mrt9001 Getting sticky.

[X]Pavlov Implant

Gotta make sure we can control her before putting any valuable tinker-gear inside of her when she can still run away(or call the cops/PRT).

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

[X]Pavlov Implant

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Not too sore, are you?

Oh, right.
    [X]Pavlov Implant

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. theqwopingone

Please go back and cross out the one you don't want via the edit option.
    [X] Drug Implant
    -[X] Modify it to be able to regulate her brain chemistry by collecting and dumping her neurochemicals, to/from a buffer system, without processing them, when prompted to by substances we can make to do so.

We are going to need to give her something that makes her brain feel happy if we are going to control her, but that doesn't need to be a primary task for what we are making.

Edit: how are more people not voting on this?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. Ferretshock

Ferretshock I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X]Pavlov Implant

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. theqwopingone

Oh well; we can always work on getting resources later. I do need to wonder if this implant will deal with the physical symptoms of not getting those drugs as well as it will help deal with the mental ones though.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

I just don't want our drug factory running away because she hates us.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. theqwopingone

We are getting her drugs out of our own money and effort; even if she does hate us she can shut up and do what we tell her because we are the source of her good-feels. I mean think about it; after stealing from us we tie her up and...Chose to get her the drugs she needs to function, out of our own pocket and effort, and then medicate (possibly through triggering her drug production implant to dump some chemicals into her system, but she doesn't know that) her using them expertly to keep her functioning as well as possible while being as happy as possible? Even if she doesn't like us very much we can probably get her to keep comming back, and then add something to her drugs to make her easier to manipulate into forming a attachment.

Edit: actually, if we wanted, we could probably make the first thing that the implant makes something to help block her ability to form anger associations between currently forming memories and the feeling of anger; wouldn't that be fun? Her being able to remember acting on anger, but not being able to remember the actual anger she was acting on?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

Yeah, but if some random tinker operated on me like that, I'd freak the fuck out and run to the prt unless I'd had a damn good reason not to.
    Thats why I vote for the pavlov implant first. It's just safer imho.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. theqwopingone

Wait; we're letting her know that she has a implant? I was thinking that we would use a chemical trigger to set the implant to dump some Feelsgood chemicals into her brain so that she would think that we were just injecting her with drugs.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  16. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

idk.
    All I know is that I'd rather be certain we are safe.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. theqwopingone

Yeah, that's fair. I was just thinking that it would be better to be self sufficient then to be controling; i mean we're talking about someone addicted enough to go through our stuff; she should be easy to control, but if you want to really put some focus into controling her first then that's your choice.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  18. mr.inky

mr.inky Versed in the lewd.

[X]Screw it Do Brain surgery on yourself.

I'd rather not have the potential to have our character outed as someone who can build mind control tinkertech.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. /nerth

/nerth Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

[X]Drug Implant

You can't go wrong with having some spare cash.

Ddmkm122 and Malcanthet like this.
  20. Captain Hunt

Captain Hunt Getting sticky.

[X]Pavlov Implant

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  21. Dracohuman

Dracohuman A curse upon you

[X]Pavlov Implant

Ddmkm122 likes this.