1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

You get power-ups based on your username.

Discussion in 'General' started by SailorPizza, Apr 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

...yeah, probably get killed trying to dispense meta knowledge and correct stupid assumptions. Maybe get a job delivering stuff within a city, since flight would let me bypass traffic and that mutant hate virus won't regard me as a mutant.

Maybe if I got a really long range sniper rifle and learned how to use it?
    Kirby gets to fly, I guess. I'm not sure how that compares to other powers he usually takes into boss fights, but at the least he can probably access new monsters to eat for the power he does need.

Ddmkm122 and TanaNari like this.
  2. Gforce1000

Gforce1000 Jibbering, Jabbering

So I can control acceleration now. Oh, I also control video cards, but only one brand. That's cool.

I wonder how one convinces Elon Musk or a government to let you throw shit into space for them...

And then once I've built up enough money I'll buy a station up there and use massive tungsten kill-rods to hold the earth hostage while interdicting space travel! I shall rule the world!

Or at least make the nations of earth stop bitching for ten minutes.

3. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

The only way you can do that is by hammering the planet with space rocks until there are no nations. That's it. Only method that works. And even then, I have my doubts.

Or see if you can't accelerate the moon to a significant percentage of c and slam it through the planet. That might work.

Ddmkm122, fractal42 and Gforce1000 like this.
  4. Gforce1000

Gforce1000 Jibbering, Jabbering

They'd just keep bitching in whatever afterlife they wound up in, I suspect. Eh fuck it, I'll just dissolve them all and declare myself Grand Poobah over the system I put in their place.

5. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

See, now, if I ever became dictator of the world, I'd do something similar. And every year or so, I'd change my title to different equally silly terms just to see the look on the faces of all the (lesser) world leaders as they were forced to keep a straight face while addressing me as "Most Holy Vizier of the Mollusks".

When they cease to grimace and achieve a state of resigned self-contempt, that's when it's time to switch it up.

I'd have a reddit thread dedicated solely to coming up with the titles I should use next.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  6. WanderingEye

WanderingEye Check me out! I'm a talking skull!

I'm now immortal indestructible woman.
    I'm fine with this.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Verdom

Verdom Know what you're doing yet?

My name is one I came up with randomly some years ago, I don't know what it means just that I liked it and now I use it everywhere. Anyone help?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. fractal42

fractal42 Not sequal to fractal41

Hmm...I choose to have a humanoid body made of smaller copies of itself, with those smaller copies including even smaller copies, ad infinitum. This body could do a "regenerate even from a single cell" thing by slowly growing the tiny copies to full size (or whatever size is needed to fill in the damaged areas). Extreme circumstances, such as high-energy plasma, could break the body down even further to subatomic pieces, but they'd still regenerate.

If I get to have other powers within the "fractal" theme, I choose to have some control of approximately-fractal structures, especially changes that affect the large and small scales in the same way, or make the approximation of fractal structure closer to the ideal; I also choose to have a sensory component to the fractal-shaping power. Various natural objects qualify as "approximately-fractal", so I would have options to work with even without building my own fractals.

Can I use the "42" in my username to give me the ability to operate up to 42 bodies by shedding pieces of myself rather than whatever a strength of 42 does in dragon ball z? Would that be a good trade-off?

For some reason I decided that it would be interesting to have a superpowered team with these fractal powers for one member and similar crystal and fluid powers for two other members.
    That's a beautiful idea. Excellent choice.

9. SailorPizza

SailorPizza Versed in the lewd.

Well you could used 42 for bodies and i meant the like 42 be like super saiyan multiplier for numbers.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Is it an orgy or masturbation? You decide!

11. Maven

Maven Coldblooded Cuddler

Maven=master of a particular skill. Skill undefined, thus I am a Solar Exalted and master at everything.

12. Lement

Lement Blushing inComplete Coverage

Huh. Well, this is pretty boring for my name, compared to some names here....

Though, on second thought, not completely boring.

The original name can be described as personification of summoned pseudo-mythical & -mysterious utter destructive power that ascended from elemental magic, stepping outside it (in a RPG).

(very chuuni, twelve year old me.)

It became mine - as in, say it and I think "me". Even a term of affection, with nicknames borne from it, cutting it in twain, when discussing summoning.

Many years later, I found drowtales, and decided upon this half. While I'm no longer that fond of the webcomic, the name remains, and as far as powers goes this one can also be extrapolated into mainly elemental, or element-ignoring spiritual summoning magic for common notes, as well as the value of having a good body.

Now, one can view it as half of a being, left to fall down on earth.

But my selection of this nickname was voluntary, and about nostalgia.

So, I'll be like brown to ashen-skinned relatively taller (from being short) lady?, with less physical needs to eat and such, and one who has returned from ancient 'erase it from existence' to playfully toying about with elements, with secondary summoning notes.

...wait.

Wait wait wait wait.

That sound familiar.

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Alice_Margatroid (with a tan)

Fuck I've become what I mildly dislike >_> Though at least no porcelain dolls.

Oh, and kinda further bummed that all the origins could have given healing powers, but I got none of them. Though at least being genderswapped, taller, browned and abnormally healthy is relatively normal-ish existence compared to being - I dunno, possibly something akin to ball of fiendfyre?

Yeesh, gotta count my blessings of being able to speak and go masturbate.
    Huh. Interesting question.

Given the toying, playful nature, it is more like anyone could beat me, unless am bloodlusted.

In which case, I suppose I could beat that drunk golfer, provided I can hit his balls first.

Otherwise, I suppose Jimmy might still happen to fall from unintentionally fatal teasing.

It's really rather personal scale thing, though, so conceptual beings like ZenithOfLust or ones who can simply stay out of sight (hey, that corner wasn't there before) like impossiblearchitect are pretty firm nos. In most non-armored cases, a decent gun and its user not caught by surprise is a greater threat due better range and time-to-use stats.
    Don't really know what that's about beyond "Superhero fictional universe AU".

I guess I'd engage in existential crisis. Then maybe erase an important-but-rebuildable macguffin and keep frustrating attempts about it to prevent the world I'm in from being discontinued.
    Don't really know anything beyond one Kirby game I played on NES emulator, but as far a that one goes, I think so?

Kirby is also rather personal scale (within hearing distance 1v#), so if there aren't some special prophecies about having to use certain wand or requiring an unreachable flight speed it is pretty great fit.
    I'd want to verify both for them and myself I am me. Password tests, memory tests, personality tests.

Given the relatively humanish but changed, I'd expect initial disbelief and negative reactions (c'mon, a random brown-skinned lady BSing is totally more likely than miracles that make Micheal Jackson look unambitious).

However, I firmly believe they would support me, once they trust I am myself.
    Though I'm not absolutely certain what they think about transgenderism or skin colour change or height change thing, given I haven't really discussed it.

(I'd also hope I wouldn't have any body dysphoria or break things with discovering my powers. It's not like I'd know I embody my nick from the start, and it'd absolutely suck to be turned into a girl and feel sick about it or accidentally destroy the computer table.)

I suppose they would enjoy the fireworks I'd cause with my superpowers, though. Unless going celebrity it's not really an exploitable powerset outside of maybe spaceships or nuclear waste disposal. I doubt that summoned water or earth lasts, and summoned creatures/golems are also temporary and in small numbers.

...Unless, of course, I'd use some kind of doll that's made of physical materials.

Alice Margatroid (with a tan) indeed.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. Armoury

Armoury Non-euclidian stockpile of mystical junk.

I'd basically wind up as gilgamesh, able to use an arsenal of any weapon, magical or technological, but since the armoury is me, i'd have a changing body. Sometimes I'd be a walking, talking suit of armour, other times I'd be a walking, talking pile of weapons.

I'd probably avoid the army, since being taken apart for peices isn't all that interesting to me, and sadly, I'd probably only have access to items used in a battlefeild, small enough to be stocked in an armoury, so no vehicles for me. I would, however, have the worlds most accurate collection of replica RWBY (and other anime, I guess) weapons, and amaze my freinds with them were possible.

thrown into marvel by Franklin, I would likely set myself up as the lifelong enemy of the weapon plus organisation, claiming that they're giving me bad PR... and, you know, argue about how inhuman their experiments are or something.

With my username eaten by kirby, he'd go full UBW on the next bosses ass.

I'd wager myself an even chance against most other usernames, since my fights would leave a trail of me-bits behind to respawn, and the sheer variety I can bring to bear should give me an advantage, but franlly speaking, I'd really rather just wait until days where I was made of knives, so I could joke about being the edgiest person I ever met.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. Nolrai2

Nolrai2 Can't count

Well..given what my name means I become king of somewhere. Not nessarily any political power, but blood as blue as it gets.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. Dutchman

Dutchman I trust you know where the happy button is?

Can you imagine Kirby with the munchies.
    I can’t tell if that would be hilarious or terrifying.

16. SailorPizza

Both at the same time

Ddmkm122 and Winged One like this.
  17. Armoury

Armoury Non-euclidian stockpile of mystical junk.

Same as with a shonen hero on acid. Proximity, proximity, proximity.

Ddmkm122 and Winged One like this.
  18. G.A. Kyoki

G.A. Kyoki Randys irresponsible handler

I can summon fleets of ships and command them like a damn RTS game...pardon me while I go order *alot* of British ensigns and paint remover 'cause Britain is about to be 200 Bismarck-Class Battleships stronger.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Aren't those things hopelessly out of date by now?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  20. thefluffyone

thefluffyone Apparently Edgy under the Fluff

I am.....FLUFFY.

Bask in awe of my supremacy in all things fluff.

21. G.A. Kyoki

Battleships are still powerful as all hell and I don't need to worry about maintenance or crew because I can make Infinite Battleships.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  22. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

I meant the Bismarck class, specifically. They'd be chewed up by modern day light cruiser class ships. Can't you at least pop out an Iowa or two?

Because if all you can do are Bismarcks? Well... if you tried to cram enough of them into one place to overwhelm a modern ship of the line, they'd wind up doing more damage to each other through accidental collisions than they'd do to the enemy. You'd be better off scrapping them or sinking them into the ocean.

... I'm actually not joking, FYI. Sink a few in shallow straits to close them off for enemy vessels and subs. Drop them to create artificial coral reefs. Dry dock them and then strip them of their materials. Copper ain't cheap, you know, and the steel... well, recycled steel isn't exactly the highest quality, but I'm sure it can serve fine for civilian and light construction purposes. Let them rust, use the rust as high quality fertilizer and/or the main ingredient of thermite.

Refit them and sell them as yachts to people with more money than sense. Use them as ocean rescue ships like glorified tugboats... at least they'd be useful there. Anything but sending them into actual battle.

EDIT: Now that I think about it... is the fuel infinite and free as well? Because if you get the Bismarck's 6400 ton tank filled when it pops out... well...

http://military.wikia.com/wiki/Bismarck-class_battleship

Sure, you'd need to summon four or five of them to match a small tanker, but free is free.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=17991

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  23. G.A. Kyoki

You dare insult German engineering?

Bah, either way, I'd more realistically summon a more modern fleet (With Battleship support because I can :p). Also, yeah, I'd definitely start abusing the fuck out of the free resources.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  24. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Well... strictly speaking, all "battleship" means is "frontline war vessel". Whatever happens to be top-of-the-line in the military of the day.

More or less the same meaning as "main battle tank", but for ships instead of ground vehicles. Now, the word 'battle tank' still means what it's always meant... your high end front line... and battle ship still means "the best war ships you can put in the field", even if the battleship class has more or less been phased out in favor of superior designs. Which mostly means cruisers and the super-carriers.

For the USA, that means the Ticonderoga and the Nimitz. No, seriously, do not fuck with the Nimitz. One of those things and its entourage could have won WW2 by themselves. Long as they could find a way to get more fuel. Those jets are kinda gas hogs.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  25. Shadeshadow227

Shadeshadow227 Know what you're doing yet?

...do I just have over two-hundred shadows, then? Like, just that? A fuckton of shadows.

God damn it.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  26. SailorPizza

Yup like a living shadow thing

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  27. Maven

Maven Coldblooded Cuddler

Or... you are 200+ shadows?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  28. Dakkaface

Dakkaface Magical Defender of Justice

I guess I'm either a Striking Scorpion or an ork with shootas bolted to his iron gob.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  29. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Probably the latter.

Now... My name is a D.Gray-Man reference, so I imagine I get the ability to use cross-shaped energy blasts?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  30. Scherazade

Scherazade If you see me posting on your fic I likely like it

Casting sleep via storytelling, maybe a charm person effect too

Ddmkm122 likes this.