1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 190- Taylor
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 190- Taylor

"Seems like an awful large force for a scouting mission," Victoria spoke up, leaning against the wall. "Especially with the dimension jumping tech."

"We're trying to impress on Haven that we're serious about this," Lisa sighed. "Smoking out the occasional drug or prostitution den has kept them from being too annoyed with us, but they want a legitimate win, here. The Fallen are stronger than ever, and the longer we put this off, the more likely they are to think we don't give a damn about them. What's the point in being allies with someone who won't back you up when it matters, right?"

"Still seems like a big force," Victoria argued. "I get Skitter," Amy flushed with irritation through our bond. "And Missy is kinda our chauffeur. But do we really need all three Endslayers, half our Tinkers, and thirty zerglings."

"Shadowcats," Amelia corrected. AnnoyanceImpatience. I nodded and stepped a little closer to her. Useful powers or not, her sister was a pain in the ass. She got along well enough with the others. Even Riley, strangely enough. She was one of the few people on the team who did get along with Lily. But she was still a fucking headache, and it was starting to bother Amelia. I placed my hand on my partner's back.

"Okay, fine," Lisa sighed. "This is a scouting mission, but we're still unloading a force for future engagements. And we're all freakin' bored as hell right now. You're having fun with your new powers and new gear, but in case you hadn't noticed, most of the team is getting restless. And we don't need a bunch of triumvirate tier parahumans getting bored right now. New York's finally stable, so it's time to move on to the next project."

"It's true," Lily agreed, talking to Vicky. To my surprise, Lily had mellowed out lately. Still wasn't friendly with any of us, but New York had an impact on her. "It's nice playing with you, but I need a real fight or I'm gonna go nuts. I'll settle for scouting and going after peripherals if I have to"

Sabah frowned. She was one of the ones that didn't like the violence and conflict, but went along with it because her girlfriend loved it. Maybe she was a factor in Lily's slightly less abrasive attitude of late.

"Fairly good odds you'll be able to pick off a few of their parahuman support. Baal and Lilith are still off the table, but if you have a target more than a couple miles away that you think you can take without much fuss, you're pre authorized," Lisa informed the girl that was our only real weapon against the Endbringers.

"I could use a trip to the beach, anyway," Zach replied. "Think we can stop by Miami after we're done?"

"It's October, Zach," Theo pointed out.

"And?" he asked. "Florida should still be nice, right? That's like five feet away to Missy."

Amy leaned in on my shoulder and whispered. "I still have to see you in that bikini," she whispered. I blushed, in spite of myself. AmusementDesire. I signaled back with a combination of embarrassment and happiness.

"Just you and I, huh?" Victoria spoke up as we approached Baal's suspected lair. He was one of the scary ones, much like Lung had been in Brocton Bay, that you tried not to fight. Maybe alone he wouldn't have been such a problem, but his partner Lilith was a precog and they pretty much never left each others' sides. She was suspected to have other powers, as well, but no one had ever gotten through Baal and forced her to use them.

"Yes," I answered. TrepidationProtective. Amelia was listening in on this conversation.

"I need to know the story of what's going on between you and Amy," she insisted.

"Talk to her about that," I just kept walking forward. Really? She had to do this now? Why couldn't she have just pulled me aside when I was walking home or something? Then again, it was probably better for me that it happened here.

"We both know that if I do, you'll be listening to every word," she accused.

"Not if Amelia asks me not to," I countered. IrritationSupport.

"Amy might believe that, but she always was too trusting," she argued.

"I would never betray her trust," I finally turned toward Victoria. ConcernCaution. "But if you're going to be so pig headed about this, fine. What is it that's more important than dealing with these sick fucks?"

"First, you're not gay," she pointed out.

"Oh, is that all?" I scoffed. "Amelia knows about that. Fuck, almost everyone knows about that. She insists that it doesn't matter and she's okay with it."

"You expect me to buy that?" she smirked.

"Some relationships are built on more than mere attraction," my tone darkened. "But, since you're that concerned... the subject's come up. We do have the tech needed to alter sexuality. Right there in the databanks along with the medical training, martial arts, Spanish, Hindi, Japanese, Korean and English as known by native speakers, military and police procedure, and a code language that Riley and Lisa are cooking up for us to use. We can change my inclinations with ease. We choose not to." FearSupportLove.

"That makes no fucking sense!" Victoria declared.

"You're the one with the lie detector powers," I pointed out. "You know I'm telling the truth on this."

"That brings up another thing," she exclaimed. "The fuck is up with the two of you? I get why Emma's so damn hard to read. Riley, too, but she had tech to do that. You and Amy confuse the hell out of my power. Your emotions change for no reason all the time."

"That would be Taylia," I answered, starting to smile. It was one more validation of our bond, how well it protected us from thinker powers. "It's... uh... let's just say Amelia's power and mine are really friendly with each other. We can, for lack of a better term, share our emotions directly. It's kind of impossible to describe. But I wouldn't give it up for the world, and neither would Amelia." CertaintySupportPride.

Victoria paused for a second, and I realized that I might have made a mistake telling her about the bond. Even though she could have asked almost anyone about it and known already. "Wait... so you're saying you have a psychic link where you can force my sister to feel things?"

"It cuts both ways," I insisted. "She can influence me just as much. And she's the one whose power created the link. She can undo it just as easily." ConcernGuilt. Why does she feel guilt over that? I wondered. Probably feels bad that she has the advantage in this relationship. It wasn't the first time she'd blamed herself for things that couldn't possibly be her fault.

"I don't like the idea of you being able to fuck with my sister's feelings," Victoria growled.

I resisted the urge to say anything. Considering what she'd done as Glory Girl? Fuck! She can read that. The thoughts were quashed quickly, but not quickly enough.

Her eyes narrowed. "What was that?"

"Nothing you want to know about," I answered, turning away.

She appeared in front of me almost too fast for me to realize she had moved in the first place. "No, I really think I do."

"Ask Crystal," I sighed, falling back on old habits. "Fuck, this is why I wanted you on her team. You're not going to listen to any of the rest of us. Riley and Emma may have their issues, but at least they're able to obey fucking orders. We have a job to do here, don't fuck it up just because this is the first time you and I have been alone together and you want to start a fight."

"Fine, I'm gone," She turned around.

What? "What?"

"You don't want me here, and we both know you never did," she pointed out. "Amy might, but it's putting all kinds of stress on the rest of you. I can go home, right now. You can go back to whatever you had going on. I've got great new powers and a completely badass armor. Thank you for magicking me back to life, lemme know what the bill for all this shit is. I'm sure I'll find someone willing to pay it to have me on the team."

"You're bluffing," I insisted. FearLoss.

"I am," she admitted. "But I'm also a stubborn bitch. I will follow through out of spite, and you know it."

"Can you just trust me on this one thing?" I asked. "I know we're not friends. I doubt we'll ever be friends, but this is not something you want me telling you about."

"You know something fucking huge," she asserted, turning and stepping right up to my face. PanicProtective. I pushed calming emotions into the link. She didn't need to step in, not like this. "Something you're more afraid of than me finding out about you having Bonesaw in your basement. Even more than that crazy plan with fucking Nilbog. So, yeah, I am not just taking your word on this. Or are you gonna say you wouldn't do the same if the positions were reversed?"

She met my gaze, and I looked right back. Then I relented. "Know what? Fuck it. You've made your point. I won't stop you from leaving."

She gripped my armor and brought up her fist. "I can do a lot of damage to you and leave you in a condition that Amy can bring back," she threatened. "Do you think you can stop me?"

"Not really," I answered. DisappointmentAngerCertainty. "But, then, I really don't have to."

She let go and stepped back, wrapping her arms around herself. "What the fuck!" she shouted.

=================

A/N- Vicky just needed a hug.

... What? You were maybe expecting a bondage joke?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  2. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

...god dammit Vicky. This is why we can't have nice things.

Because, seriously, Vicky is actually a step *down* from Lily's performance. Lily killing Missy was an accident and her subsequent argument was just stupidity.

Victoria is actively challenging her superior's authority in the middle of an operation just as they're about to confront a hostile force. If she was in the Protectorate, I'm pretty sure they'd pull their equivalent of a court-martial on her.

There are no words for these kinds of shenanigans. At least there's a Skitter-override in the suits. I'm going to be amazed if she's still on the team after this. Not really surprised, given that I think TanaNari can pull it off, but absolutely amazed at the ass-hattery she's pulled and gotten away with.

Ryuketsu, eNBious, Rean and 25 others like this.
  3. SirTinal

SirTinal Verified TinFoilHat

Those suit overrides work really well don't they? :D

4. Malkara

Malkara Getting out there.

Something feels off about the last few lines: she gripped her armor I brought up her fist ?

Nice chapter!

TanaNari likes this.
  5. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

So I'm guessing that Taylor stepped up and hugged her here?

Tenebrous Fantasies and Divabot like this.
  6. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Taylor hugged her Masterfully.

With her own arms.

7. Flammy

Flammy Gone for Good

Small typo:

TanaNari likes this.
  8. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

And then Amelia reveals that she can remove powers just as easily as improving them.

If you're going to be a life threatening liability, you learn that powers are a privilege Amelia allows you, not a right.

Go go Draconian Pantheon!

9. selonianth

selonianth Writer of Words

Well this'll be interesting.

10. Dude

Dude Getting out there.

I've been looking forward to this. The confrontation with Victoria.

And seriously, threatening Taylor with harm? Was that another bluff?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  11. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

You know what's needed to be built into the suits? A way for Taylor to control not just the suit but the human inside - just for situations like these.

dimension

supposed

TanaNari likes this.
  12. Cyclone

Cyclone Disciple of Zor

Bravo, Vicky. Threaten to beat the shit out of your sister's girlfriend who has a psychic link with her. C'mon, I know you've got a brain in there somewhere, or does triggering as a Thinker actually disable all normal cognitive functions?

13. GiftofLove

Good luck inventing an insect that burrows into the base of the spine and hijacks signals from the brain to the rest of the body.

TanaNari likes this.
  14. Beyogi

Beyogi I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yeah, don't fuck with Taylor.

Seriously what a fucking drama queen. The only time that's worse for this kind of drama is in the middle of a fight. But that's basically it. Doesn't have Victoria any self control at all.

Inverness likes this.
  15. GiftofLove

[​IMG]

16. tsuknoryu2986

tsuknoryu2986 Not too sore, are you?

Actually yes. I really was. So yeah, this is going to get fucking ugly.

17. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Not a lot, given canon. She isn't exactly stupid (she was taking college classes while still in high school, IIRC), but she is very foolish, and her emotional volatility just makes that trait worse (and then we get into the effects her shard has on her emotions).

18. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

maybe she has a undiagnosed mental illness similar to her dads.maybe with her triggering it's become worst.

19. Slayer Anderson

The problem is that Victoria Dallon lives in a Vicky-centric Universe. Her friends, her family, even her *enemies* (as she believes Taylor to be) exist to validate her self-worth. Being a hero, the protagonist and main character of her own story isn't just her life, it's her entire existence. She can't cope with being 'just normal.'

...come to think of it, she and Eidolon might get along really well. Ain't that a scary thought.

Vicky/David OTP?

20. nebelmann

nebelmann Making the rounds.

What she really need, is that someone with authority took her pants off, bend her over knee, took an old soviet leather army belt and beat some humility and sense to her through backdoor, if front approach is clearly didn't working. This method works perfectly on spoiled children. They should call Alexandria about this - she owes them a favor. Or Dragon. Or Eidolon. Or all of them can make turns.

21. Divabot

Divabot KILL ALL THE HUMANS

This is inexplicably missing from either DSM IV or DSM 5. Probably some asshole just left it out.

Sheaman3773 and TatsuZZmage like this.
  22. Snake/Eater

what your saying kinda sounds like NPD (Narcissistic personality disorder)

Faraway-R, tkioz, doomlord9 and 2 others like this.
  23. Slayer Anderson

...yeah, I'd agree with that.

24. WizardTwo

WizardTwo Not too sore, are you?

You know, this level of conflict makes me wonder if the shards aren't trying to turn the team against itself for more data.

Or GG is just a massive stealth bitch who's bitchiness has been turned up to twelve by a power which lets her 'win' at social interactions whenever she wants.

25. Snake/Eater

Then why isn't she trying to Provoke Rily for her past like the others,maybe her passenger is telling her it's a bad idea.but it would still get data.

26. nebelmann

nebelmann Making the rounds.

Makes me wonder what will happen if Vicky will look inside herself with her power. Lisa who is exponentially smarter and wiser was almost broken by the experience. And she was not a had 1/10 of Victoria mental problems. This will either broke her or fix her. But no matter of the outcome the problem will be solved.

27. Snake/Eater

If Victoria does that,she will acknowledge the truth... she's a cylon.

28. Thunder Man Soul

Thunder Man Soul (Verified Prime)

*sigh* damnit Victoria. I'll admit that Taylor may have been able to handle that just a little better but like 95% of this is your fault for bad timing and stubbornness. And not a little bit is because you're being a bitch and grasping for authority you don't have.

Side note telling some one they don't want to know provokes a curiosity response when nothing is known about it. When they have some information and can judge the implications then they can decide if they want to know.

Common misconception by people that don't have cat allergies. There's an enzyme in cat saliva that cause the allergic reaction. And cats lick themselves to clean themselves. it's why people think it's the hair. Wash your cat often and most people with allergies won't have too much of an issue, or at least one that's ignorable. You don't have to breathe it contact is good enough.
    There are hypo-allergenic cats that don't have that enzyme but so far I haven't run into those breeds for whatever reason. (Maybe they aren't popular?) Dogs don't lick themselves as much and people with feather down issues don't have them when they're well washed before being put into your pillow. Hair and feathers are modified keratin there needs to be something on them like oil from the skin or saliva. People are lazy and just say it's the hair since it's the most common delivery method.

Well that went way too long from an off hand comment about kitten tongue showers. But now you know and might be able to help any friends that might be allergic to any pets you may have. And knowing is half the battle.

29. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

The most likely reason is because they're expensive as hell, fetching easily $9,000 as a low estimate but can be up to $30,000 if my 5 minute google search on the subject is correct.

30. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

And then Victoria was a toaster?

Washing your cat, however, is the far more dangerous half of the battle.