1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

How Taylor Hebert Agreed to Be a Slut [Worm/Slut Life]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Ack, May 24, 2018.

1. Guardian54

Guardian54 Versed in the lewd.

I suppose we can wave off the question of how Taylor thinks she has time to go outside within that week beyond the outdoor garden from shared amenities with "psychoses".

Her character sheet should read "too dumb to exchange having the option of maybe choosing to spend a few spare hours wandering about outside during a one-week excursion for genetic immortality", which...
    ...Ack, this comes within shouting range of ACP Taylor for stupidity.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  2. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

Ack took Outside so Taylor could get the Hoverboard.

ShadowStepper1300 and Ack like this.
  3. Guardian54

Not the worst use of that option then. Still Taylor could, I don't know, get an Alexandria package as one of her powers maybe???

Because Genetic Immortality is just a term for "enough time to learn to do anything" to most folks who can see past the end of their own nose...

4. edale

Taylor's an Alexandria fangirl. There's no way that Alexandria's powerset isn't one of the powers she grabs. And to my knowledge it doesn't have much in the way of downsides, so it wouldn't need to be the perfected power either.

Actually Ack, if Taylor is going to get flying from one of her powers... Why does she need the Hoverboard? Or is it to be sold/gifted to Dragon for mass production?

Ack and Guardian54 like this.
  5. Guardian54

Agreed, basic durability is important for a front-liner like Taylor... because she doesn't seem to find ranged or support roles HEROIC enough... despite having Panacea in her hometown (then again if she ever noticed Panacea's mental disabilities...)

Downsides?
    "Do you know how much work it is to maintain muscle tone in one's legs with a tendency to hover instead of walk?" -Glory Girl-
    "And how annoying maintaining healthy blood circulation is when your power is gravity manipulation? Astronauts had health problem staying in space for too long for reasons besides osteoporosis, you know? Oh, right, about osteoporosis..." -some Shaker somewhere-

Of course these are countered by Perfect Metabolism...

I see we agree on this particular decision-making hole... OOC reasoning would be "to push Taylor into going back because Danny's reaction to her not picking up immortality is likely to be something like 'SHAMEFUR DISPRAY' and going Full Tsukkomi".
    Danny stopped in his overreaction for a moment, to frown at his wife (technically ex-wife as their marriage was ended by her legal death) and daughter pretending to not notice his existence "What? You don't work on the docks so close to the ABB without occasionally getting roped into Lung's shenanigans. And I don't mean the 'meets with New Wave for secret sparring or to arrange Panacea's next visit to his Sex Worker Healthcare and Security Centers' sort of shenanigans. Everyone in the DWU knows most of the Japanese anime archetypes by heart... Lacey for one decided she liked the prospect of being a yandere, but don't tell her I told you that. This sort of freak-out at silly stuff is called tsukkomi, see?"
    Annette more or less ignored him "Taylor, are you sure we landed in the right universe?"

Question Ack: did Taylor pick Well-Known and Public Transportation to get 10 more credits out of Outdoors, knowing full well she wouldn't have time to actually go outdoors significantly?

I look forward to when Taylor gets nagged by Dragon into going back for another playthrough and getting a Smart AI, Telepathy, and multiple sexbots that Dragon can borrow for... analysis, yes, purely scientific study... later.

I'm guessing Taylor failed to choose No Sleep due to desire for "normalcy"...

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Ergoan and GladiusLucix like this.
  6. edale

Wormverse powers come with a little thing called a 'Manton Limit' that are specifically there so someone doesn't end up harmed by their own power in such a way.
    Ummm... What? What decision making hole? I know what I said, and you quoted, certainly didn't say anything about any problems. I only commented on the Alexandria powers bit.

As far as the 'immortality' options... In many ways I'd actually be against that. Immortality is more often a curse, rather than a blessing. That said Alexandria's powerset actually stops her from aging (among other things), so if SL Corp did a true 1-to-1 copy of Alexandria's powers Taylor would be immortal anyways.

No, if anything I think was missed on the genetic side, it's Genetic Cleansing... Which I really don't like was raised to 15 credits from being free in the earlier SL COYAs.
    What? No, seriously... What?
    Dragon will just go on a run for herself to get that android body. SL corp will probably even be able to remove Dragon's chains for her (by their laws, those chains may be illegal), at the very least they should be able to set things up so Android!Dragon can be operating independently from AI!Dragon, but still have them come into contact/merge/separate/etc. without AI!Dragon self-deleting.

7. Guardian54

1. I wouldn't be so fast to assume Glory Girl's flight doesn't affect her leg muscle tone at all... maybe she has to exercise for that?

2. You: "Hey, if Taylor's getting a flight power, why would she choose Outdoors just to get the hoverboard???"
    Me: "IKR?"
    You: "What?"
    Me: "????" (i.e. this post)

3. Well, yes, but you'd think Taylor would read the small print of her powers as she knows there's "perfected" and, well, "NOT perfected" i.e. a "look out for downsides!!11!!" that even Taylor Hebert can't miss.

4. That's a big thing too.
    Also, I was joking on how Danny might express disappointment... and how one could make the villains rather less serious/villainous than canon, which is a line I've not seen Ack try in any of his fics that I read so far.

5. That's if Dragon can actually file an application. Otherwise she's likely to ask Taylor if she could make contact with SL for her, and, if that fails, to please bring back a bot for her to check out. Needless to say, Dragon actually CAN make an application herself...
    ...Hold on, let me go and try to activate such an application by thinking really hard in that direction...
    ...Well, given my lack of physical changes, it seems they haven't explored our corner of the multiverse yet. Time will tell if Ack decides they're receptive to applications from Earth Bet.

8. edale

Glory Girl's not a good test case, Amy gives her regular tuneups.
    OK, normal conversations flow from point A to point B to Point C, etc.

This conversation seems to have flowed from point A to Point # to point... what? lol.

if you give no context to what exactly your talking about (and that line was 3-4 paragraphs into a response to a 2 sentence post...), then of course the other person is going to be confused. (notice how I break up your quote to my responses)

And taking Outdoors for the Hoverboard when you don't have the spare time for it makes perfect sense if your goal is to resell the hoverboard. Basically from all the little things Dragon could learn from the hoverboard alone (especially the computerized components), Earth Bet tech could potentially jump 100 years or more. Remember, this tech doesn't have the black-box TinkerTech has.
    I imagine (in-universe) SL has 3 options for choosing the powers: here's a list of powers and their advantages/disadvantages and subtypes; choose an existing metahuman's power to duplicate; and design your own power (there are a number of COYAs that can be used to custom design a power).
    Erm... They grabbed Taylor, of course they want applicants from Earth Bet.

------

Also, I just spotted the ultimate exploit for a return trip to SL:
    One of the 'Origin' options
    Now what's so exploitable about this?

Well... Here's your 3 free picks:
    Now to take this further... what happens if you take SSM after already being a member? Yes, it lets you select the extra rewards (if nothing else, with 4 1 week runs, you could start collecting a sizable number of properties in just a month... including mansions... with the New Home option), but as for the membership itself?

I'd imagine the more memberships you earn, the higher up in the organization you get. Just how high in the organization would you be after earning 52 memberships from a years worth of 1 week stints? Probably at least middle-management. I imagine the contestants than went through a 10-year run of hell for a membership at the lowest level would be quite annoyed, lol. ("How's she so much higher than us after just a year?" "Simple, competence and extreme gaming of the system. Needless to say, we learned a year ago that it's not a good idea to annoy her..." lol)

Ack and Guardian54 like this.
  9. Guardian54

I tend to use spacing blocks to number if the number of points isn't too large.

Like the above is 4 points.

1. Valid point there.

2. See what I said before the numbers.

3. Good reasoning there.

4. I meant "is the application system actually open, and how is it accessed?" as a problem. They might WANT applicants, but if the authentication to apply is "do 3 nude cartwheels in a public street and then hump a lamppost" or something... chances of figuring that out quickly are... not high.
    Because I've tried to THINK an application at them and they apparently at least haven't reached our multiversal corner yet, as I didn't encounter them. Or they're not as desperate for players as you claim.

10. Nightmare723764

Nightmare723764 I HAVE BECOME THE HORNI HORSE!

You sir have caught my attention. And I assume that despite Taylor's plan there will still be lewds? I mean... this is QQ after all...

Ergoan and Ack like this.
  11. Chojomeka

Chojomeka Sexy and I know it

Double check which sub-forum this is in :p

ShadowStepper1300 and Ack like this.
  12. edale

Double check the tags.

"sfw for now"

I'm picturing lime at most on the first 1 week runthrough, not moving on to the real lemon content until Taylor's return performance.

Chojomeka and Ack like this.
  13. Nugar

Nugar Not too sore, are you?

Just wanted to do a bit of self advertising. I've been reading both this and Jonakhensu's version, and since I've been sitting on some thoughts as far as the Slut Life CYOA goes, I decided to clean up my notes and make a fic. It's in the NSFW section. https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/i-didn’t-choose-the-slut-life…-slut-life-cyoa-si.7676/

However, this fic isn't about being on Slut Life, it's really more of a meta thing looking at the contract and trying to come up with plausible reasons for what seem to me to be glaring lacks and weird choices.

Maybe I can inspire something.

ShadowStepper1300 likes this.
  14. edale

I know you mean Earth-Bet Parahuman Law, but you might want to actually specify that in the final contract. Don't want to get nothing but SL's universes laws towards metahumans.

january1may and Ack like this.
  15. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

32-hour days. Five of those days are totally taken up with work, Owners and sleep (though she can overlap Internet Celebrity and Shitposter with any other job that has free time to send off quick posts). Two of those days, however, have 12 hours of Owner interaction and four hours of sleep. Leaving her a total of 32 hours of outside time.

32 hours is not 'a few spare hours'. And she'll have a hoverboard to do it on.
    Also, as previously mentioned: FIRST RUN THROUGH. Seriously, enough with the character abuse.

Exactly.
    Taylor's doing a little thing called 'front-loading'. She's amassing all the advantages she can get to make sure she gets through the first run-through, just in case some asshole decides to sabotage it so she never completes it (because sabotage has been a major part of her life for the last year).
    Correct. Except that she won't be grabbing it. She has other priorities.
    So she can use it as a sidekick to the Magical Girl, duh. Instant aerial transport. Makes it much more likely that she'll get through the three days of being said sidekick.
    She took Hoverboard. Which means she can't take Public Transport.

And she's got 32 potential hours over the week where she can go outside. Sounds significant to me.

Dragon can go through herself. And I chose No Sleep because Low Sleep is enough for her needs. Why spend those points on that when you can spend them on something else?

Correct.

Because she's not (necessarily) choosing a flight power.
    It also says, "take any power from fiction". I'm guessing the Perfect powers is about taking those fictional powers that are way OP except that they fuck over the user, and removing the 'fuck over the user' aspect.

Sure, just as soon as they send a recruiter through.

Unless SL refers to them as parahumans, she'll get the Bet version.

norgeshma and ShadowStepper1300 like this.
  16. Guardian54

1. So she's conditioned to fail the Marshmallow Test by default (you get another marshmallow in five minutes if you don't eat the one on the plate in front of you in that time)... which kind of explains a lot of the later bad decision-making.
    So what sort of powers WOULD she choose if the basic utility power combination of durability and flight is somehow not chosen? Well, we'll see, because I don't have a damned clue. Besides, she's an Alexandria fan... how could she not pick that package as one of the powers?

2. Which version are you using? Becuase I'm referencing Google turning up 3.1.3 for me: https://8ch.net/cyoa/res/8365.html
    In 3.1.3, Public Transportation is not stated to conflict with Hoverboard... which opens up interesting and fun options, such as public airbus (i.e. flying bus) or train surfing (cough Tom Cruise cough) with safety apparatus strapped to back (i.e. the hoverboard) Which also somewhat helps with the paparazzi problems.

3. Outdoors is only maximum of 16 hours outside per week in 3.1.3 rules??? (linked above)

norgeshma and Ack like this.
  17. Ack

Marshmallows are one thing.
    "You get a fully armed battle cruiser if you go up against your enemies with only a dagger, or you get a light attack craft and a chance at another go-around if you take a sword and armour."
    She wants to survive the first go-around.

Personally, I don't see the Alexandria Package as a single power. Each part of it (flight, invulnerability, strength) probably comes as a separate power. Otherwise, you could take "being Golden Age Superman" as a power.

She's got something else in mind. What that is, you'll see when she picks it.

Unless they have hoverboards too. Because that is so something they would make use of. Even if SL had to supply them with the boards so you wouldn't be able to slip by one of the restrictions.

I was going off of memory. But sixteen hours outside is still pretty damn nice. And, you know, in conjunction with the board, it'll give her plenty of opportunity to collect bugs to use with her base powerset.

Or were you thinking I'd handwave that? Or depend on the goodness of SL to supply them?

norgeshma and ShadowStepper1300 like this.
  18. edale

Actually... Hoverboard and Public Transportation are not mutually exclusive.

Just means Hoverboard for short trips, Public Transportation for longer ones. (take the Hoverboard with you on the bus to go to the park where you fly around with the Hoverboard).
    Erm... Shouldn't the powers be picked as part of the initial contract? Just like every other reward and punishment.

My understanding is that contract spells out everything.
    The Outside Garden part of Shared Amenities would actually cover bug collection in a pinch.

Ack likes this.
  19. Ack

She's picked the option to get powers, and the contract defines the number and level of powers.

Nothing in the wording says she has to define what the powers are before she actually finishes her time.

20. edale

Except this Taylor's been conditioned (By SL Corp no less) to expect to be screwed over if things aren't explicitly spelled out.
    If I was Taylor, I'd be scared they'd pull something like, "OK, you're run's over, here's the list of powers you can pick from," and having the whole list of things be ridiculously weak and/or disadvantageous.

She might have waited until the end before they pulled that bit with Annette, when she trusted the company, but after?

Ack and ShadowStepper1300 like this.
  21. Ack

It says she can pick any power from fiction or from her own world. That's in the contract, precluding them forcing her to pick from a list.

22. edale

Oh god.... Her perfected power could be a copy of one of the Endbringers, couldn't it? Which would make Taylor literally stronger than an Endbringer...

Could you imagine perfected Ziz? Able to view the present and see normally on top of everything else?

Guardian54 likes this.
  23. Guardian54

Answering by edited paragraph blocks:

1. Your example is somewhat questionable. What exactly makes her think she will be in severe danger through the first go-around of death or dismemberment?
    This is closer to "You get the full capabilities of a Planetary Annihilation Commander if you agree to getting tickled in the nude for several hours. You get the capabilities of a single Dox if you insist on padding during the tickling." To which Taylor picks the padding because of neuroses, which is reasonable for this run.
    As I'm sure you know, "reasonable under the circumstances" does not keep a character from being a laughingstock due to stupidity. Despite that issue, "reasonable" generally remains tolerable as reasoning UNLESS the character never manages to learn from mistakes.

2. The description says "a power from your world" which, of course, is the only reason (as edale suggested and you agreed) that Taylor isn't demanding the powers list up-front after she's been cheated by SL once already.
    Also there's a reason I (IIRC) said something about looking forward to your reveals.
    So if Taylor knows she can copy a cape's power, and is a fan of Alexandria, under what reasoning would she not pick an Alexandria-type power... well, I look forward to seeing you reason your way out of that problem (unless it's "isn't right" mental disability causing her to pick weak, crappy powers instead of choosing to copy powerful capes).

3. "LALALA I CAN'T (ore pretend I can't) HEAR YOU OVER THE WIND WHEEEEE!" is one way to ignore paparazzi.
    Another way is to have them only be able to see the outside of a cloud of bugs flying along (if you are going slow enough).

4. Outdoor Garden is part of Shared Amenities. Does Taylor really think that in MAXIMUM eight hours operational radius with a hoverboard she can travel away far enough to cross to other biomes and collect particularly notable insects she can't find within her radius of amenities, jobs, punishments, etc. (which is basically a city and surroundings)?

Um... hate to break it too you, but if Ziz can see as much as 0.1 seconds into the past she already has faster reaction/processing times than pretty much all of baseline humanity.
    We don't perceive the present. We only ever perceive the past...

If Taylor was a SpaceBattler she'd totally pick Perfected Ziz if she could. We aren't here to game her like that YET, merely explore things that she should be sensible enough for.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    The Unicorn likes this.
  24. edale

Do you have have ANY idea how far you can get in 8 hours on a bike, let alone a hoverboard? Just walking for 8 hours you can go far enough to cross several biomes.
    Ziz can see seconds into the future, and you comment on her seeing into the past gives her good reaction times? :rolleyes:

But seriously, are you going to tell me being blind is not a drawback?

Ack likes this.
  25. Guardian54

1. If you live in a mountainous region then 8 minutes on a hoverboard crosses several biomes. But in temperate deciduous forest like say Eastern North America driving for 8 hours on a highway doesn't change as much as one might like. A hoverboard would be straight-line, but Taylor would have to actually plan this out (i.e. go pretty much due north/south or at the nearest mountain) instead of be impulsive.

2. I for one am completely unable to perceive the present. I can only perceive the light, sound, etc. signals I received some milliseconds/microseconds ago. So Simurgh being a post-cog as well as precog but being unable to perceive the present means... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

26. Sleepyfoo

Sleepyfoo Know what you're doing yet?

I can totally see taylor spelling out the powers she gets in the contract up front. However, I see no reason for Ack to reveal those ahead of time, as they only apply after she "wins". (unrelated, what is the fail condition here? don't spend time with the onwers? forget a punishment? die? What is the win condition? not fail? beat another contestant in popularity?)

On another note: New Home has
    You can modify the choices you made for the entire
    Basics section for free at the end of the show.

as part of it. The Basics section has the Food, Clothing, and Hygiene subsections. So Taylor, as a result of winning, can grab a food replicator, Drink Bar, Advanced Health Care & upgraded products, and a portable Clothing Replicator to be able to always change into her costume (or whatever) for free. Maybe not drink bar if that pick one restriction still remains.

Ack, Guardian54 and january1may like this.
  27. edale

Break the contract, lose the game.
    I'd saw that before, but missed the "for free" part.

But yea, you could do this:

Clothing

Clothing allowed
    Accessories
    Hats
    -Magic hats
    Underwear
    Swimsuits
    Lingerie
    Footwear
    Sleepwear
    Cosplay
    Girly closet
    Fetish wear
    Plain closet
    Old clothes
    Personal stylist
    Clothing replicator
    -Portable

All the clothes for all the occasions.
    ---

Health and Hygiene

Hygiene essentials
    -Body care kit
    -Make-up kit
    Advanced health care
    Massage
    -On-call

Unlimited free massages? For life? I'd almost be willing to join SL just for that (granted, I wouldn't exactly be a hard sell).

And near Panacea levels of healthcare (better in some aspects) for free for life as well?
    ---

Food

Food replicator
    Drink bar
    Vending machine x100 (use the transporter to take them to Earth Bet, and start making some passive income!)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Guardian54 likes this.
  28. Sleepyfoo

Sleepyfoo Know what you're doing yet?

Food and clothing both have a pick one restriction, that said the food replicator and clothing replicator basically covers all the options anyway.

29. edale

The only "pick one" choice is 'Clothing Allowed' or 'Nude'.

And for food:
    Trust me, I checked, that list I did is 100% legal.

Options are MUCH easier to figure out on the NSFW COYA https://mega.nz/#F!AYwlHJBK!xVrJUD4PSAJACtDY3g_Lgw!RMI00T5D
    (I was looking at the 3.1.3 version when I made that list)

Guardian54 likes this.
  30. Ack

She's spent the last year with people sabotaging her every effort to get ahead and live a normal life. Now, she's gaming the system to get a year's worth of rewards in one week. If anyone was ever inclined to sabotage another contestant (note the word 'contestant': that brings to mind people competing against each other) she would be a prime target.

Being tickled in the nude for several hours is actually a punishment, but the points she'd get for it aren't that great.
    She's spending points to get things that will assist her in getting through the first week, instead of just assuming that her powers will be enough to pass as the sidekick for a Magical Girl. As opposed to, say, a hoverboard as well as training in Krav Maga and parkour (in case she loses the hoverboard).

Also, as noted, a hoverboard is useful in other situations.

For one thing, as I noted, the Alexandria Package is three powers (four if you count 'not really ageing any more).

Alexandria can't save the world with the powers she has. What makes you think Taylor could?

I'm assuming a hoverboard is about as fast as a motorcycle. And paparazzi can be an actual hazard (ask Princess Diana), especially if someone was out to sabotage her in the show.

A lot more than she could find in the garden, sure.

Assuming a flight speed of 40 mph, that gives her a radius of 320 miles. If she did a big circle (so as not to cover the same ground twice) she could still get as far as 160 miles away from her starting point. Picking the middle of LA as a starting location, she could reach Nevada or Arizona with ease, and maybe even hit Utah.

If she can't find the bugs she wants in that radius, there's something wrong.

And what if Ziz wasn't a power, but a mechanism?

Alternately, even if Ziz was a 'power' that could be emulated, you'd have to pick each power separately.

Flight
    Telekinesis (Macro)
    Telekinesis (Nano)
    Precognition
    Postcognition
    Copy Tinker Ability
    Durability

You have three powers, one perfected. Which ones do you drop, and which one do you perfect?