1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sun-Touched Dragon King [Exalted/Highschool DxD]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by heralding_bubble, May 26, 2018.

1. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

Discussion?
    Yes, this pleases me.
    Luckily we're using flat XP costs, though the training times do get longer the better you want to get.
    Though it feels Ability training time is a bit small so I might tweak them before that comes into play, but it might just be me.
    I'll try and write up an update for this weekend/early next week, was so long since this is a fairly important vote.
    Lockdown on voting tomorrow at some point.

mrttao likes this.
  2. heralding_bubble

Winners be
    [Supernal]: Presence
    [Caste]: Integrity
    [Caste]: Resistance
    [Caste]: Athletics
    [Caste]: Lore
    [Favoured]: Occult
    [Favoured]: Awareness
    [Favoured]: Dodge
    [Favoured]: Melee
    [Favoured]: War

mrttao and moonberserker like this.
  3. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

Hmm.
    I'd suggest, if going by canon Issei at this point, a specialty in Awareness of 'attractive women,' and at least a dot or two in Craft with a specialty in 'attractive women' since he made that statue of Rias in canon and it didn't seem to use a dot of Willpower for an auto-success.

4. Threadmarks: 007
    heralding_bubble

[Supernal]: Presence
    [Caste]: Integrity
    [Caste]: Resistance
    [Caste]: Athletics
    [Caste]: Lore
    [Favoured]: Occult
    [Favoured]: Awareness
    [Favoured]: Dodge
    [Favoured]: Melee
    [Favoured]: War

You are to love as I am to light. For this, you are Chosen. Doubt not, fear not; yours is the mark of Zenith, bright as noonday sun. March forth against all darkness for you are now Exalted, a Champion of the Unconquered Sun.

You wake with the dawn.

You blink away the dream of a four armed man, or was it a dragon, and stretch. You feel... great. Awesome, even. Better than you ever remember feeling. It's like there was another layer added to, or perhaps removed from reality. You wonder for a moment why exactly that is, before blanching as the memories of yesterday come back to you. With a grimace you bring your hand to your stomach where Yu- Raynare stabbed you and wince at the pain. It still hurts. Looking down on it, at least the hole isn't that big anymore, nor is it bleeding.

Rising from the bed with a groan, you check under you bed. The bundled ball of bloodied clothes is still safe there. You entertain the thought of dropping them to the pile of dirty laundry in the bathroom for a moment before dropping it with a shake of your head. Mother would have questions.

Sitting back down on the bed with a sigh, you run a hand through your head and think. Raynare tried to kill you because of your Sain- Sacred Gear. But you don't have a Sacred Gear. You look down at your hand, as you clench it to a fist and release it. You don't have a Sacred Gear, you think... But you are something more. You think back to your dream of the four armed man. No, you frown and shake your head. He is not a man. He is a god. Your god. Unconquered Sun. You are His Chosen. You are His word in this world. You are Exalted. You are Zenith.

The rightness of it makes you grin.

After the moment of self reflection you finally look at the clock. You knew it was 05:47 even before you laid your eyes on it. You can tell the time apparently. Useful, you suppose. At least you'll never be late. Unless held back by things out of your control.

You hum, thinking back to the start of your self-reflection. Sacred Gears... You'll have to ask more about them in the meeting after school. You can't help the grin that comes with the thought of seeing Rias again. She is one of the Three Princesses of Kuoh for a reason. Hopefully you'll also learn more about the world you've stepped into.

Which reminds you of the Fallen Angels. Although Dohnaseek you think his name was, said that they'd look after Raynare, you can't help but think about the possibility of her escaping and coming after you again, or worse, your parents. She was their group's leader after all, so it would make sense if she was the strongest, right? You sigh and idly play with a strand of hair. If she went after your parents... Should they know? Be prepared to run away in case they see her, or something? And what about the rest of the stuff; Sacred Gears, Devils, Angels, Fallen Angels...

You frown. It would be best if you...
    [][Parents] Speak to them at breakfast.
    -[] What do you tell them:
    [][Parents] Speak to them after you know more.
    [][Parents] Don't tell them. Ignorance is Bliss.

You sigh. Hopefully it'll be for the best.

You settle your eyes on the bookcase on the wall opposite of your bed and wonder what to do. A thought of the time tells you it's 06:09 which means you probably shouldn't start breakfast yet, unless you want to eat it cold. Letting your eyes roam around they settle on your laptop. After a mental shrug you move to sit at the desk and boot the thing up, and start trying to find information online about the Unconquered Sun. Just searching "Unconquered Sun" gives you Sol Invictus, who was a Roman god of the sun according to what you found. But even though the name feels like it matches, there is no mention of dragons in relation to him. Searching for "Four armed sun god" gives you some assortment of Hindu gods instead along with Surya, but he has three eyes and again no mention of dragons. And "Sun God Dragon" just gives you Yu-Gi-Oh! card results.

You spend some more time trying to find something about Him but find nothing. The result makes you frown. Perhaps he is a god in some remote corner of the world like somewhere in the Amazon or something? With a sigh at your lack of success you shut down the laptop at 06:51 and start heading downstairs to make breakfast. You might as well do it since you're already awake.

Maybe Rias might know something about Unconquered Sun? Something to ask about, you guess.

As you start preparing the coffee, eggs, toast, and bacon, a thought occurs to you. You had been rather... vocal, about the upgrade of your relationship status. As well as your first date with Yuuma. It wouldn't surprise you if most of the school knew about them, or at least rumours of them by now. What then, will you say about the events of yesterday? You wouldn't be surprised if people expected you to gloat about it today. You should think of a story to tell them, perhaps...

[][School] She went full Yandere and you managed to run away.
    [][School] She revealed it was only a game for her and she did it all just to toy with you.
    [][School] For some reason she decided to just dump you at the end of the day.
    [][School] At the end of the day it was clear that you weren't suited for each other and mutually broke it off.
    [][School] Write in:

Attribute, Ability, and Willpower Dot voting.

You have 13 dots to spread between your Attributes and Abilities to a maximum of 5, and Willpower to a maximum of 10.

An example vote
    [X][Dots]: Appearance +3, Presence +3, Willpower +1, Lore +2, Melee +2, Craft (Armour) +2
    This would result in Appearance 5, Presence 3, Willpower 6, Lore 3, Melee 2, and Craft (Armour) 2.

Your current Willpower is 5.
    Your current Attributes are
    Strength: OO
    Dexterity: OO
    Stamina: OO

Charisma: OO
    Manipulation: O
    Appearance: OO

Perception: OO
    Intelligence: OO
    Wits: OO
    Your current Abilities are
    Those marked with – are Favoured/Caste Abilities, that which is marked by + is the Supernal Ability.

Archery:
    –Athletics:
    –Awareness:
    Brawl:
    Bureaucracy:
    –Dodge:
    –Integrity: O
    Investigation:
    Larceny:
    Linguistics: O
    –Lore: O
     >> Specialty: Eroge
    Medicine:
    –Melee:
    –Occult:
    Performance:
    +Presence:
    –Resistance:
    Ride:
    Sail:
    Socialize:
    Stealth:
    Survival:
    Thrown:
    –War:

Craft:
    >(Expertise):

Sorry it took so long, life got in the way like it has a habit of doing sometimes. I also had this finished four hours ago, but then refreshing the page ate the thing and I had to start from scratch. It feels kind of rambling, and I'm not that happy with it.

I also added the 7 XP you were supposed to get at the end of last post.

5. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

[X][Parents] Speak to them after you know more.
    [X][School] She went full Yandere and you managed to run away.

This is probably the most believable TBH. "She was actually interested in Issei of all people," should have been the first warning sign. :V

I'll hold off on a dot vote until I see an analysis I like.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Xion930 likes this.
  6. gadrial

gadrial Know what you're doing yet?

[X][Dots]: Wits +3, Intelligence +2, Awareness +3, Dodge +3, Resistance +2

Xion930 likes this.
  7. shanagan

shanagan Versed in the lewd.

Xion930 likes this.
  8. Phantom Blaster

Phantom Blaster A Gentlemanly Dragon.

Close enough to the truth, we tell them when we get waifus at this point we need to get strong on social to get Asia on our harem.

9. moonberserker

moonberserker Experienced.

[X][Dots]: Appearance +1, Charisma +3, Presence +3, Willpower +2, Lore +2, Melee +2

Appearance to be about average for the setting.
    Charisma and presence maxed because Zenith
    More willpower is always good
    Lore and Melee as for knowledge and some fighting skill.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    1986ctcel likes this.
  10. ryuan

ryuan The guy who can't write smut for shit

I would tell Issei to try Ignis Divine since it's also his name/epithet, but it would also turn back as failure.

11. Lifelink

Lifelink Every flavor in a poke-cup

[x][Parents] Speak to them after you know more.
    If the Devils work business as usual, they'd be erasing their memories anyways and they should be telling us that. If not then there's something wrong going on or they'll be asking us if our parents are actually knowledgeable about the new world we're stepping into. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do a comprehensive history sweep on the family because of their inquisitive nature anyways so we have a right to demand them doing their job and acting as protection for them.

[x][School] Write in: Tell them that it was all just a punishment game for her.
    This is Issei, his reputation at school won't allow people to believe anything other than 'Yuuma' was playing games with his heart. Better to not let people fill in the blanks with how you usually act and make your reputation worse off for it. No one's going to believe she was a yandere for the Perverted Trio's Hyoudo Issei. Maybe tell them that it was some kind of punishment game for her that she did after she lost a bet or something. Sure it'll make us look pathetic but that's better than what a teenager's rabid imagination will cook up.

12. NuclearBird

NuclearBird Lustful Sacraments Muted

[X][School] For some reason she decided to just dump you at the end of the day.

First get more intel, THEN open the bag to let the cat loose.
    The second is because irrational schoolgirl stuff, I guess.
    On the dots, I'll defer to more knowledgable people. For now, gadrial's vote makes sense to me.

13. kenmadragon

kenmadragon I trust you know where the happy button is?

Fun Fact: One of the Unconquered Sun's more favoured forms in the early days was a massive, four-armed Dragon King with a body of molten orichalcum and empyreal fire.

Well, this is certainly different from, well, standard character creation. Normally, you have to assign dot-priorities to the Attributes, then you get 1 dot in all your Favoured/Caste/Supernal Abilities, spread 23 dots to any Abilities you want (but no higher than 3), assign 4 specialties, 10 dots of Merits, 15 Charms, and then spend bonus XP (which is where you raise Abilities higher than 3 and can get more Willpower).

Hmn, I'm gonna have to look through the rule-book later and analyze the options.

I'm inclined to go with moonberserker 's suggestion (though maybe only 1 dot to Lore, the other to Willpower because that's expensive to increase later), but have to wonder why Exaltation didn't give the automatic "1 dot in all Favoured/Caste/Supernal" Abilities.

moonberserker likes this.
  14. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

15. wasprider

wasprider Experienced.

16. Kieron

Kieron Versed in the lewd.

17. the DragonBard

Aren't you supposed to start with a dot in your favored, or was that rule gotten rid of in 3rd?

Also, as I said, he should probably start with a dot in Craft, since he was able to make a nude statue of Rias so easily in canon.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  18. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

19. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

[x][Parents] Speak to them after you know more.
    [x][School] She went full Yandere and you managed to run away.

this is funny to me... hope an expert steps up to help finish the build

20. Lifelink

Lifelink Every flavor in a poke-cup

Issei, the guy who can't even be faithful to the girl he manages to get. What a wonderful new addition to our reputation.

21. the DragonBard

[X][Dots]: Charisma +2, Stamina +3, Resistance +1, Appearance +1, Brawl +1, Dodge +1, Presence +1, Dexterity +1, Lore +1, Willpower +1
    Went with Craft (Attractive Women) to fit his bit of making a nude statue of Rias in canon so easily
    Stamina because it's the stat Boosted Gear is tied to most, same with Resistance
    Charisma, and the Presence specialty because it fits his canon self, and they (and Appearance) will make things easier to attract women
    Brawl, because it's the cheapest way to up his fighting, since people aren't going to 'waste' XP to up his Brawl with Melee being Favored

Edit: Traded out Wits and Craft for Dodge and Dex to help increase surviveability.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  22. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

[X][School] She revealed it was only a game for her and she did it all just to toy with you.

Wouldn't craft (armor) be a specialty? I remember Craft having the elements, magitech, and genesis as the main branches, but it has been awhile since I read the corebook, and I never got into 3E, which based on the Supernal ability, is what you chose to use.

How many dots does he have in his Eroge specialty? Just one?

What is his Permanent Essence? I checked the sheet; 3rdE allows a Celestial Exalt to only have E1?

Not sure about the dots, except that we should put most into attributes,

23. heralding_bubble

Craft works by breaking the Ability into areas of expertise which must be bought separately, for example Craft (Cooking) 3, Craft (Gemcutting) 1, or other broad subjects like tailoring, armour, weaponry. Craft (Artifacts) is of course required for making Artifacts, and Craft (Geomancy) for making manses.

Specialties in 3e give a single extra die to relevant subjects. For Lore, Specialties also denote a subject in which the character is knowledgeable.

Essence increases with XP and starts at 1, and goes to a maximum of 5 in normal play.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  24. Akuma-Heika

So some things are the same as 1E and 2E, but others are different. Specialties are not as thorough (you can only get one dice instead of a possible maximum of three based on your explanation).
    In the previous, the Second Breath (the first breath of their rebirth as an Exalted) increased a person's Permanent Essence to at least 2 (3 in Lords of Creation), before the use of bonus points to increase it further. The only Exalted that didn't get this benefit were mortal Akuma, which were an imitation of an imitation Exalted (the Exalted Akuma). It also fully healed the person at the moment they breathed their Second Breath, but that seems to be different as well.

Thanks for the explanation of 3E rules!

heralding_bubble likes this.
  25. heralding_bubble

In 3e casual enlightened essence is not a thing as well, you have to do something that affects the person deeply to do it; one of the antagonists released in the monthly things has enlightened but she also must have a defining tie of hatred towards something, for example.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  26. the DragonBard

While that's generally a good idea, since they're the most expensive and take longest to train, Charms are based around Abilities, so would need time and XP to train up the abilities before could even start getting charms.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  27. Akuma-Heika

He has fewer dots (in Abilities), then I was expecting. Need to check rules for XP gain to see where I would like the spread all things considered.

28. the DragonBard

Honestly, had we the dots, I'd have maxed out Appearance, Charisma, Stamina, and Wits, then gotten a few dots into Presence, Lore, Dodge, Resistance, and Brawl, and maxed out WP.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  29. kenmadragon

kenmadragon I trust you know where the happy button is?

Actually, Stamina would be the poor option. In Exalted (as it is in most White Wolf games), Dexterity is actually far more useful in combat. Dexterity is used far more often in combat and stuff, as it ties both into accuracy (and thus, withering damage through extra successes), as well as in defense through the Parry and Evasion stat both being reliant on Dexterity.

Pumping up Dexterity as high as possible lets Issei have decent combat pools, and lets us raise Stamina/Strength later (for Physical high, I tend to prefer Strength 3 to meet pre-reqs for Feats of Strength, Dexterity as high as possible so 5 because it's amazingly useful, and Stamina 3 so that taking Ox-Body is useful).

30. the DragonBard

Yeah, but Boost is limited by how much Stamina a person has, so to make the most of it you want a high Stamina.

Though I'd be willing to trade Wits for Dex.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018