1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Walk on the Moon (Naruto SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by SixPerfections, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Hanada

Hanada I trust you know where the happy button is?

^Yeah had some trouble, you're right i don't see the hyuga doing that unless the yamanaka ask first but as for the uchiha i was speaking hypothetically they always seems too egotistic to me though that could be fanon and anyway seeing rei x itachi interaction will be hilarious

2. SolipsistSerpent

SolipsistSerpent Endlessly Devouring

They wouldn't allow their clan heir to marry into another clan. They might allow someone talented from another clan to marry into theirs. Even in an eugenics program you have to draw in some outside blood or things get messy.

As for Kekkai Genkai, I doubt they'd marry into rival clans. Close allies occasionally maybe, but much like clan heirs, more likely when they marry outsiders the outsider is joining them rather than the other way around.

IvanDead, Ergoan and ItsComplicated like this.
  3. GLH

GLH Really?

Again, people are assuming too many things from a western POV. Rei is a Clan Heir. Her social status trumps Neji's, as Neji is a branch-family member (even if it's of a respected and powerful clan). As such, in any hypothetical situation where Neji and Rei would marry, it would be Neji being the one marrying into the Yamanaka clan, not the other way around. Power and social standing are important and powerful things in Japanese culture, especially historically. The setting uses a shitload of Japanese culture and cultural implications, historical and modern, even if it's not 100% accurate to things.

Beyond which, it was a god damned mild joking comment about meddling parents trying to look out for the best interests of their 'clueless' daughter. :cool:

Izicata, Valor, Ergoan and 4 others like this.
  4. SolipsistSerpent

That's what I was saying.

5. Hanada

Speaking of which ; what's konoha respective on forced marriage i mean kakashi , jiyaria and anko never got married you'd think they'll force capable ninja in order to produce better ones in the future

IvanDead likes this.
  6. roseknight

roseknight Getting out there.

The hokage probably doesn't have that power. Marriage has traditionally been a a family/clan thing and I doubt any of the clans wanted to cede this to anyone. So they probably wrote language to that effect when they joined the village. And while two of those three don't look like they are from a clan, I doubt the hokage really wants to potentially upset people by exercising a new type of authority.

7. Sidvious

Sidvious Not too sore, are you?

Gotta admit I'm absolutely loving this fic. How it skirts the insanity and brokenness in Rei, and how it influences her view of the world around her. Side note: I looked at how SB/SV dealt with this fic and i gotta say it's why i love QQ. Yeah those two chapters were pretty fucked up and yeah i can totally see it going there later I guess, but I thought they were the perfect example of just how far Rei is willing to go for power, preying upon the brokenness of another to advance her goals.

IvanDead, Ergoan, Mendeleev and 2 others like this.
  8. Ayashi

Ayashi Connoisseur.

I think Rei needs to stop doing everything to shatter her own psyche.
    The goal here is to reach S+ rank and be free*, it's not be crazier than Hidan or Tobi...

*Maybe take a tag-along or two ? i really like the ReixHina even considering how unhealthy the relation currentlyis. Or rather "was a year ago".

9. Hanada

Why is REI still tutoring hinata isn't she better now

10. SolipsistSerpent

Better and 'entirely fixed' are different things, it's only been what, a little over a year?

IvanDead and RichardWhereat like this.
  11. Renko

Renko Look closer ~☆

I think this is a much better goal than the original.

It seems more fun!

IvanDead and PlasticSoldier like this.
  12. SolipsistSerpent

Let's be honest here: How many sane rogue S+ class ninja are there? I mean, 'slowly killing herself through drink and gambling that she sucks at' Tsunade is probably the least crazy and she's hardly stable.
    It's weirdly growing on me. Like a fungus.

EDIT: I still don't think either one of them will be ready for romance for years, though.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  13. Ayashi

Ayashi Connoisseur.

Just from Konoha at least : Sarutobi. Danzo (evil is different from insane). Jiraiya.
    I'm sure other villages have their own S ranks (otherwise the balance of power would have been broken long ago), but the only ones we know of are basically their Kage and the Jinchūriki which are all quirky but (mostly) sane. Except Kiri, of course.
    In the Akatsuki I would say at least Kakuzu and Konan are definitively sane, and put Kisame and Sasori in the maybe sane.

So overall i'd say the majority of them are sane.
    A few are definitely stupid or too naive/hopeful in some strange ideal (i'm looking at you Kisame...), but that doesn't contradict the previous statement.

14. ItsComplicated

ItsComplicated OrlongKarsa

Ah, but they aren't rogue ninja.

IvanDead and SolipsistSerpent like this.
  15. SolipsistSerpent

I think you misread my statement.
    Exactly.

And when it comes to Akatsuki,sane members are very much outnumbered by the insane even if some of the madness takes forms that are more functional and subtle than the others (Sasori for example) . I know you put Sasori as 'maybe sane', but I don't think turning your parents into puppets after they die is a big check in the column for mental stability, as further evidenced by allowing himself to die rather than fight those (nonsentient) puppets. Konan, Kakuzu, and Kisame are probably the sanest people in the organization. Maybe having a 'K' at the start of your name helps immunize you? I'm not sure if Kabuto's entirely sane, so only partially.

Anyway, this observation can be generalized outside of Akatsuki, since Tsunade and Orochimaru both have some clear mental hangups (whether it be a phobia of blood and a self-destructive streak or a desire to show off to and show up one's old sensei taken to the point of war).

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    IvanDead and PlasticSoldier like this.
  16. Sidvious

Kakuzu cuts peoples hearts out to fuel his powers and is a walking yarn ball of pure greed. He's not sane. No sane person would use jiongu. No sane person would routinely kill his partners for being annoying

17. GLH

GLH Really?

...you must live a very sheltered life, as I know many people who would kill their more annoying coworkers but don't due to the consequences and being unable to effectively tell the 'authorities' to go fuck themselves (and I'm not talking about the 'leg-breakers' I know either). And in the past you damn well could expect the extremely irritating to find themselves killed by their communities and coworkers if they got too annoying (and also because the authorities didn't have the power to stop and prevent that sort of stuff).

The Naruto-verse setting is one where being annoying very much can get someone killed with little consequence for the most part. The fact that the killer in question here is an S-class nin makes that even more-so. :cool:

18. Breadnaught

Breadnaught Experienced.

This exact thing was the plot line for about a third of the movies and filler.

Land of Snow. Land of Moon. Land of Birds. Land of Tea? Or was that something else? The one with the three ninja who were brothers. And more.

Or course, in all of the listed examples, the protagonists were on the side of the deposed or threatened nobles, and helped defeat the guys trying to overthrow them. So make of that what you will.

IvanDead and ItsComplicated like this.
  19. Sidvious

Not to the level of kakuzu who takes it it to an extreme. It happened on several occasions to the point where he was paired with Hidan because he simply couldn't kill him for the pettiest of reasons.

Let me rephrase what I said. He didn't kill his partners because they were annoying people. He killed them because they annoyed him, with their existance.

20. ItsComplicated

Citation?
    This seems weird considering he's known as a long-term survivor (pretty cautious, healthy survival instinct, ect).

Do we even know why he became a missing-nin?

21. Sidvious

My quote is from the wikia which cites the data book

EDIT: Tracked it down to confirm. it's true
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    IvanDead and Prince Charon like this.
  22. Diraniola

Diraniola I trust you know where the happy button is?

He was from Hidden Waterfall, and was their best/most loyal nin. They gave him a mission to assassinate Hashirama, and when it obviously amd immediately failed, denounced him as a rogue and denied the mission ever existed.

Basically, Waterfall shot themselves in the foot or somebody sent their best guy on a suicide mission on purpose and Hashirama was less violent than they thought. I'm pretty sure the only reason he didn't kill Kakuzu is because Kakuzu was never actually a threat.

23. ItsComplicated

No.
    That quote doesn't prove what you said.
    It shows that Kakuzu has anger issues and is violent, but it never says that he killed his partners because he was annoyed at their very existence.
    He isn't some omnicidal maniac. He successfully worked as a bounty hunter, right? That means functioning in society and not living in a cave killing everyone.

I read that as "when he gets too angry or annoyed, he kills you".
    He probably has anger issues or something, compounded by the sheer power and skill to kill pretty much anyone and get away with it.

24. Sidvious

Fair enough i'll accept I've misspoken here. My point originally was that he's not mentally sound though. And his inability to work with others without violently lashing out was my proof of it.

IvanDead and Prince Charon like this.
  25. Ayashi

Ayashi Connoisseur.

You are mixing two separate concepts: Evil and (In)Sanity.
    Being Evil (mostly) means valuing your life (and goals) above those of other people. Sanity is understanding that your actions have consequences, and generally being able to know which they are.
    Killing your parents because they annoy you, because you want to turn them into puppets for a powerboost or because it's sexually pleasing to you does not make you insane, it makes you evil.
    Insanity would be killing your friends' loving parents in front of them and then assume you'll still be friends.
    I would argue the insane ones are those that repeatedly annoy the guy powerful enough to easily kill you, and that already killed your predecessor(s).
    The lack of foresight and that simply can't understand the consequences of their actions are clearly the latter ones.

26. Sidvious

Well we really only see two. The first is Hidan who's probably an outlier on annoying habits, and some unnamed guy in the anime who Kakuzu just literally opens fire on while he's fighting someone else. He says flat out he wanted to kill him too. I kinda doubt they when out of their way to annoy him. Of course given that they're all probably crazy in their own way too it's still a possibility.

I've come up with the idea they might intentionally send the weaker members to be his partners, using him to dispose of them when the inevitably piss him off somehow.

27. Ayashi

Ayashi Connoisseur.

That might be it.
    I should also point out that (most) missing nins are by definition either crazy, too self-centered or just unable to work in teams/pairs in the first place. Otherwise they wouldn't be rogues to start with.

28. SolipsistSerpent

No, you're confused. He didn't kill his parents. They died of other causes and then he turned them into puppets and carried them around because it made him feel better. Then, when someone else used them against him, he froze up and let them kill him. Again, these are nonsentient puppets, he made them too early in his career to even let them retain their ninja techniques, they're basically just embalmed bits of people stuck to wood. That's not evil, that's coping with loss really, really badly.

Those later ninja he turned into puppets were acts of evil, not crazy, but I deliberately didn't mention them, because they're not relevant.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    IvanDead likes this.
  29. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

There is only Sarutobi. That's why it is called S rank. It is Sarutobi Rank. To say otherwise is treason.

I love Konoha.

Terra1125 and ItsComplicated like this.
  30. Ayashi

Ayashi Connoisseur.

In that case it would be H rank for Hiruzen.
    Sarutobi is his family/clan name so saying it's "S for Sarutobi" would refer to the whole clan. It would work if the clan was full of S rank nins, but that's obviously not the case.

IvanDead likes this.