1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Freeform] PHO: Parahumans Online

Discussion in 'Questing' started by searching..., Aug 21, 2018.

1. Hoshu

Hoshu [Verified Cynic]

Yeah sorry about that Bay just makes you pretty apathetic to stuff if you give it a few years.

I always wonder about those tiny little details that makes some of your powers useless for stupid reasons.

But probably PM Tin Mother or Setup Introduction thread.

Probably get back on topic guys. So how about Lustrum? Sure she will castrate you and may put said part up your own butt. But still she was pretty hot back in the day. Though I pity the poor sods who actually tried.

RIVF likes this.
  2. Blink

Blink (Verified Cape) Gone for Good

The power is actually less useless than you might think. I mean, don't get me wrong, being unable to teleport while people are looking at me is a massive inconvenience, but it's just encouraged me to get very good at hit and run tactics, stealth, and fighting without vision. Now, I can't claim to be very good at the fighting without vision thing, but I'm at least good enough at it to do more than flail uselessly when all the lights turn off. Now imagine fighting a dude in a pitch black room, or with billowing smoke so thick that you can't see two feet in front of you, who can change locations in an instant.

Sorry, I'll keep to the topic now. I've never actually seen a picture of Lustrum, was she really that attractive?

RIVF likes this.
  3. searching...

searching... Actually two horses in a human costume

It might be better if you just went ahead and got an introduction thread started for yourself.

Also Lustrum is still alive. She's just in the birdcage now.

RIVF likes this.
  4. Hoshu

Hoshu [Verified Cynic]

Just search the Birdcage website they have her old mug shots.

Also chances the villains go on here and stare in complete utter horror hire a hacker like Uber or Victor find us and murder us for discussing there attractiveness?

RIVF likes this.
  5. searching...

I'd say 60-40, in favor of them not caring that much. So... Good odds, I'd say.

RIVF likes this.
  6. edmantgoog

edmantgoog Not too sore, are you?

Hay
    Hay isn't circus a guy?
    Also hottest has gotta the Ann's new tinker, did you see her at Cornell? I know they sa6 dot dip your so k into the crazy, but that's just how I roll:cool:

7. DeathShade

DeathShade Dol Amroth Comes

You say that, but it's likely some Lustrum Fanatic is already on her way over if she saw your posts.

RIVF likes this.
  8. Hoshu

Hoshu [Verified Cynic]

ABB*, you mean the mass bomber? Her and Oni Lee are dangerous. A immortal suicide bomber with tinker bombs I expect half the city to be blown up in frost and blackholes.

Actually anyone know apartments near PRT? Planning to move my stuff out before ABB come back I do not want to be near bombs right now.

RIVF and edmantgoog like this.
  9. DeathShade

Have you seen her?

10. Hoshu

Hoshu [Verified Cynic]

I wonder whats the wards's opinion since there the once who get an upclose look at them

Edit:I probably summoned Clockblocker by saying that didn't I?

(OOC:I'm gonna go PHO badge to just sell the rp more)

RIVF likes this.
  11. edmantgoog

Yeah and I gotta say if circus isn't a guy....justice?

RIVF and The Mad Ghoul like this.
  12. Hoshu

Hoshu [Verified Cynic]

Its much easier to fake it as a guy than as a girl. You cant just get those hips by using cosume parts.

RIVF likes this.
  13. Threadmarks: Thread Subject: There's a new one.
    DeathShade

Thread Subject. There's a New One

I am posting this thread on behalf of Bagrat, our friendly guy in the know, who is far too busy right now to post himself.
    Yesterday at around 3am Rune and Cricket were seen encountering a new cape not far from Captain's Hill. They were spotted mid battle.

The new cape displayed some sort of temporal shaker ability, similar to Alabaster, with the ability to reset objects and other people to positions they had occupied previously. She displayed some fine control with this ability, resetting Rune's floating platform out from under her back into the road, and resetting Cricket's position, while leaving her weapons where they were. She doesn't appear to possess the ability to use this on herself, as she sustained many cuts to her costume which she did not repair.

Eventually she managed to capture both Cricket and Rune in such a way that every time they escaped, she could reset them back into captivity again. This continued until the Protectorate Hero Dauntless arrived.

She left after a brief conversation, and the PRT and Protectorate have not offered a name for her at this time.

Her costume seems to be a patchwork of Black Leather and Latex while she used a white faceless mask, fully encompassing her head.

14. searching...

Oh hell. That's actually kind of scary. That's basically like teleporting Other people around right? The fact that she stuck around long enough for the PRT to arrive suggests that she's not a villain, but man, I really hope she's a hero.

RIVF likes this.
  15. edmantgoog

Oooo, oooo I have A name suggestion replay!

So obvious hero is obvious what do you think the E88 response will be?

RIVF likes this.
  16. Hoshu

Hoshu [Verified Cynic]

The scary part isn't that shes teleporting you back each time. The scary part is the temporal stuff, she rewinds a person to a specific time that also means rewinds memories.

You could be a mook that lets say within ten seconds you run up and punch her. You reached say 9 seconds now your back to running and trying to punch her and rewinding again. Your stuck in an endless loop unless someone actually tells you you've been rewinded since in your head you've only now tried this tactic.

RIVF likes this.
  17. Anaja

Anaja I trust you know where the happy button is?

At least it seems to be something that she has to use rather than something that she can set and forget. We don't need a Gray Girl.

RIVF likes this.
  18. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

*Shudder*, yeah that would have been the point were I moved out of the bay.

I wonder how fine her control is though, do you think she can chose to reset different aspects of a target? Like for example not just location, but physical status as well.
    Could be worth a lot in endbringer battles if she can just stand at a distance and reset all the injured she can see.

RIVF likes this.
  19. DeathShade

What terrifies me is the second trigger potential.

She has already shown to be able to disarm opponents by resetting them back in time without resetting their equipment, and Narwhal has shown us second triggers remove the Manton Effect.
    What happens if she gains the ability to send a body back in time without a head attached?
    How would you stop that?

RIVF likes this.
  20. Hoshu

Hoshu [Verified Cynic]

A Stranger like Nice Guy could probably do her in no matter how many time she resets she can't do anything to that kind of stranger.

RIVF likes this.
  21. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

Are second triggers even a thing? I'm still convinced that Narwal just hid parts of her power so that people would underestimate her and then when she had to reveal it she just fell back on that myth and claimed a "second trigger". Yeah, right.
    Seriously though, there are like 20 reported cases in the US in the last ten years of capes who claim that there power changed/grew over time, and at least 15 of those were completely expected (like Dauntless). What's more likely, that capes can somehow trigger twice, or that those dudes were just bullshitting? What's next, you gonna tell me Eidolon triggers again everytime he changes powers? Get real.

Anyway, I hope that new girl decides to be a hero, the bay could really use some good news right now with all the shit that's going on.

22. Ironau

Ironau Getting sticky.

She can reset people and things? She isn't Manton limited? Wow, that is scary. Can she overlap two things, like say a piece or re-bar Rune was wielding, then intersect it with a reset Criket who just passed through that same position?
    She also reminds me of those games parents play on little kids when they keep palming small toys just to see the kid looking around for where it went.
    Maybe "Once Moore" is a good name.

RIVF likes this.
  23. searching...

No, she's still manton limited. Because she can't reset herself, right? That makes her like Panacea, who can heal other people, but not herself.

As for empire retaliation? Well, they're obviously going to break the two out. No offense, I know the PRT and the protectorate do their best, but they're outnumbered here by a lot. So much so, that when it comes to keeping villains contained, they basically have a revolving door. Other than that... If we're going with the harshest possible retaliation, they could send Victor to snipe her. With all his skills, I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a sniper's skill set. There's not much she could do about that. They probably won't go with that option, but still.

RIVF and Alabaster like this.
  24. Alabaster

Alabaster Getting out there.

Don't you worry dearie, the response will be quick and brutal. We can only have one with a power as great as mine so the imposter will have to die. Just business in the end.

The Mad Ghoul likes this.
  25. searching...

Fuck, we've attracted Nazis.

RIVF likes this.
  26. Alabaster

Alabaster Getting out there.

Why whatever do you mean friend. You shouldn't be spreading around rumours like that. I hear it's bad for your health

The Mad Ghoul likes this.
  27. DeathShade

God Dammit. I'm away from the thread for a few hours and there are already problems.
    While PHO doesn't ban villains on principle, threatening other users is against the rules, and therefore I shall be handing out a thread ban.

At this point I'm waiting on the PRT and Protectorate official statement. The conversation between her and Dauntless lasted about 5 minutes, so whatever is going on with them they almost certainly know more than the rest of us.

RIVF and Alabaster like this.
  28. edmantgoog

ewww a nazi telling me not to worry

yeahhh i'm black mate so screw you

29. Hoshu

Hoshu [Verified Cynic]

He got thread banned so he can't reply you but he may or may not get Victor to track you down and murder you if you live in the bay.

RIVF likes this.
  30. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

Alabaster is just salty that nobody mentioned him in the hottest villain thread ;-)

Anyway, I wonder what would happen if the new cape tries to reset stuff that has been frozen by clockblocker.

RIVF, WinterPhoenix and The Mad Ghoul like this.