1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

You get power-ups based on your username.

Discussion in 'General' started by SailorPizza, Apr 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mad Oracle

Mad Oracle An Oracle Of Culture

I see futures and pasts that have yet to come, my mind is greater than any other on the Earth. I see and hold powers that many have no clue how to wield, and I am the Gate Keeper of All Knowledge.

Fear me, for I am the Mad Oracle.

Ddmkm122, wanara009 and Winged One like this.
  2. Lifelink

Lifelink Every flavor in a poke-cup

I'm a person who gains life equal to the amount of damage I inflict meaning as long as there's someone or something I can hit, I will be immortal.

Either that or I'm an enchantment/natural ability that can bestow that effect to other people.

Outside of Magic: the Gathering's use of my name, I could probably be someone who links the lives of others together in a myriad of ways. I could make it so that if I die, the other person dies alongside me. Or have it so that as long as someone or something is alive, so am I. Kind of like a phylactery but without turning myself into a horrible monster. Linking myself to multiple things would make it so that even if the first thing I linked myself to dies, I won't die alongside them. Or both of us won't die as long as the third thing is alive.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Demon_Smiley

Demon_Smiley Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I am the grinning demon, with a mad smile on my face as I bestow chaos to the world. I am the one whom you never expect as I destroy your world from within.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. da3monh0st3d

da3monh0st3d Эскапист

I'm apparently the result of some daemonhost creation. It seems either the creation was botched or I've been around for long enough the original owner's gone. Whatever is an incarnate daemon to do?

Well given I apparently slipped the leash of whoever did it? Whatever I feel like that can be realized with gratuitous usage of the Warp as the single entity here capable of using it (let's stack the deck entirely on my side). Probably can attain godhood, then fuck around. Maybe play ROB.

If in marvel, probably the above in order to leave as soon as possible.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. Aaron Fox

Aaron Fox That Crazy/Not-Crazy Guy

... I don't know. I originally called myself Aaron Fox because I was head deep in bullshit at the time that dealt with what amounts to be an inter-universe cop with powers for every occasion... including editing reality to force a big crunch on an universe if necessary.

Ddmkm122 and Mad Oracle like this.
  6. wanara009

wanara009 (Soon-to-Be) Monkey God

My name is reference to Hanuman and his people, the Vanara. So, my power-up would probably be the Siddhi:
    • Aṇimā: Shrink to the size of an atom
    • Mahima: Grow to infinitely large size
    • Garima: Become infinitely heavy
    • Laghima: Become weightless
    • Prāpti: Teleportation
    • Prākāmya: Wish-Granting
    • Iṣṭva: Lordship over Nature
    • Vaśtva: Lordship over Natural Forces
    Not a bad spread, if I say so my self.

7. Shadeshadow227

Shadeshadow227 Know what you're doing yet?

...wouldn't the Garima collapse the universe into the black hole that it would turn you into? The Mahima and Anima would be similarly dangerous. But you could probably wish for those powers to not kill you...or the universe, for that matter.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. wanara009

wanara009 (Soon-to-Be) Monkey God

Eh, most interpretation of Garima, Mahima, Laghima, and Anima I've seen treat them like a sliding scale sort of deal.

In the original source, Hanuman only ever shrink to cat-size, but he did grow big enough to pick up an entire mountain in one hand later on.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Seru

Seru Lodissian Cross

I become immune to any non-magical damage unless the weapon is forged of Yttrium.

Probably have some of Lord Inquisitor Seru's magic as well.

Whelp, time to go about my normal life. Fuck heroism.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. Pyrion

Pyrion Asuran Rights Activist

The fun thing about my username is that I got it out of a fantasy name generator. Tolkien male elf style, so presumably all I'd really get out of it are pointed ears and several hundred more years of life provided I don't die in a car crash. *shrugs*

Bonus realization: I already live in the woods, so there's that. :D

Ddmkm122, Mad Oracle and TanaNari like this.
  11. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Also superhuman reflexes, endurance, and senses. Plus an endless tide of fangirl pussy.

12. Chaos Fantasy

Chaos Fantasy Versed in the lewd.

I guess my username would grant the powers of a dream magic chaos god.
    Or a Chaos God of dreams

Bring your wildest dreams to life, then twist it with insanity or disorder.
    Or I rule the dreamscape as a chaos god, bending/breaking/twisting the dreams of people....
    No not into nightmares... CHAOS!

Ddmkm122 and SailorPizza like this.
  13. SailorPizza

SailorPizza Versed in the lewd.

That's right and now so many villains is doom by your chaos

14. Unworthy-Alchemist

Unworthy-Alchemist 100% certifiably without-a-doubt mediocre

I can rearrange the atoms within a given object/area using transmutation circles I've never studied or seen before.

15. kingkiller

kingkiller A Not Bad Plum Gone for Good

I can kill anyone who tries to place themselves in a position of power above others.
    ...I may be OP. Please don't nerf though.

16. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Just remember that the real powers put others on the throne... they got more important things to do than seeking attention.

17. Shadeshadow227

Shadeshadow227 Know what you're doing yet?

Eh...stuff like queens and presidents are immune to your powers, as kings are really the only things you can kill. I'd say that's fairly balanced.

18. duburu

duburu I trust you know where the happy button is?

Duburu = How japanese people Pronouce Double
    Here is how I get my username

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. beast_regards

beast_regards The Ever-Ethereal Legal Loli

I have no idea.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  20. TRm

TRm Connoisseur.

The first result after Googling "TRM" gets me this https://www.trm-ireland.com/ so I guess I now have the power to heal and strengthen horses... does anyone have a suggestion on how I could use that in a superhero setting?

Considering your name, I would expect it to be some kind of animal empathy

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  21. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

I have the power of overreaction!

You know that cartoon logic where the tsundere girl can punch someone in orbit with an uppercut while yelling pervert for the offense of accidentally looking at her and yet that person is undamamged? Well, now I can do stuff like that I guess and well...

Be a guy.

Ddmkm122, Vorian and TRm like this.
  22. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

My name is mine, nobody else's. As such I have the power to shapeshift by changing my Avatar on Questionable Questing.

Bonus Event: I'm stuck as the White Lady from Hollow Knight, and presumably birth a race of bug people.

Kirby: Kirby gains abilities based on whatever form I had at the time.

23. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

You can now analyze animals, getting a full mental map of their capabilities, temperaments, and health. You are now the ultimate veterinarian and animal trainer.

Either that, or you have the psychic power to make other people think about animals. Depending on what level of control you have over the thoughts, it ranges from boring to hilariously fucked up.

Depends on the extent of the ability... if you can apply mythological traits, there are some really fun ones. Pegasus for flight, Unicorn for healing powers, dozens of water-horse beings, the most powerful of which being the Kelpie.

Kelpies can pull a plow so fast that it causes the earth and stone to go flying behind it while a person on the hitch will be dragged without their feet touching the ground (so speeds of at least 250+ kph), transform into a beautiful young man or woman (I don't know if Kelpies are limited to their native sex, or if any kelpie can take either form), and possessing the strength to rip an armored knight in half bare-handed. Also, they breathe water and swim like a dolphin.

The Welsh variant can fly and turn into mist, but doesn't have a human form or the physical strength. The Nordic variant is just unnecessarily horrifying (like most of their myths), possessing miasmic death-breath and a craving for human flesh, also they have no skin and are probably undead... I don't recommend the Nordic version...

Name her Llamrie, after King Arthur's mare (which was probably a Kelpie... at the very least, she could move underwater as fast as on land, and she and her rider could breathe underwater... actually, most of Arthur's knights had a horse with supernatural abilities).

What's really fun is if you can work with an entire band (this is the natural "pack structure" in the wild) of horses- usually 1 buck male, 2-4 adult females, and between 2 and 6 juveniles. It'd basically be having your own pack of werewolves... only Kelpies are stronger and faster than most portrayals of werewolves. Oh, right, and they turn into a small harem of unnaturally beautiful women.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  24. da3monh0st3d

da3monh0st3d Эскапист

Nice way to wrap the meta around itself for another turn.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  25. NuclearBird

NuclearBird Lustful Sacraments Muted

- Flight

- Energy Generation

- Death From Above (Fuck you, asshole drivers and cyclists!)

- Maximum Sass (Have you seen how much corvids love to fuck with people?)

- Telepathically controlling all avians in a given radius dependant on how much fissile or fertile material I have consumed/stockpiled

- Summon Emission events like the ones in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series (This one's based more on the title under the name, but since the picture depicts a radiation warning sign near the Exclusion Zone I thought it was appropriate)

Not bad for a username based on a picture.

Ddmkm122 and Silver W. King like this.
  26. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

Huh. Okay let's see.

Silver W. King.

To tell you the truth the "W" was originally meant to be "Winged", but their was either a limit of characters when I was writing the name on SB, or I decided making the middle name a letter would make the whole thing seem more sophisticated, I can't remember.

So now, I just take the "W" any word with the letter I can think of when asked about it. So, one day I say it stands for "Winner", others for "Wine" or, "Wind" or, "Wednesday".

So for my name as it is, hmm, I guess I would be a king with a silver treasury with an power starting with the letter "W" that changes either once every use or once a day.

As for how that changes my life? I would like to think my desires or wants won't change, so probably I'll try to continue as always...except now I'm a king of somewhere and that means there are bound to be headaches, that I really don't want to deal with-

Oh look, the "W" is Wodan today, BYE! :cool:

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  27. Mistodon

Mistodon Invading the city of Alexandria

I pretty much took my name from a Final Fantasy enemy that I used as my avatar because I couldn't come up with a different name, points for originality. :\/

Let's see... the mistodon spawn from Mist, so too shall I. Wherever there is fog, I will be there.

Traveling is much more convenient now, sure I wouldn't be able to go anywhere all the time because I'm limited by weather patterns I have no control over but at least now I won't have to pay for plane tickets. Also I'll be able to visit all the foreign restaurants I want!

Ddmkm122 and TanaNari like this.
  28. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Mist (duh),
    'odon' (tooth)...

So you sneak around in fog biting the fuck out of people... eh, I've seen worse Stephen King movies...

Ddmkm122 and Mistodon like this.
  29. Mistodon

Mistodon Invading the city of Alexandria

People aren't that tasty, especially when they aren't cooked, I'd much rather take a bite out of a hamburger.

With this power I'd finally be able to go to an In-N-Out or Shake Shack in the US, we have Shake Shack here too and there's one that's much closer to where I live than the others but some of the food does odd things to my stomach.

EDIT: Oh man, pumpkin pie, macaroni & cheese- no, cheddar cheese that actually has taste. This is clearly the best use of my power: international grocery shopping.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  30. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

I can hadouken with one hand, with both hands.