1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. 9adam4

9adam4 No emotion, only "peace"

Eight?

Sceptic likes this.
  2. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

Daniel K. English:
    I'm guessing you want to change the title under your username? You need to make a post on a topic first, I think. Then you go to "Personal Details" on your profile and edit the heading under your avatar.​

Uhhh.

[​IMG]

I've been through every single one of these settings and haven't found a spot to change that title. Every. Single. One. I'm getting kind of pissed about it. Thank you for trying to help though.

Prince Charon and Empiricist like this.
  3. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Aye, just flight into space, wearing a space suit is invaluable to put up the smaller satellites that weigh a few pounds. The space debris that weigh tonnes could just be pushed out of orbit into the ocean, or down onto Australia. You're unlikely to hit anything that matters.

Super strength for ship breaking.

Super speed for organ deliveries or other deliveries, or assassinations.

Super toughness for deep oceanic diving, volcano spelunking for science, rescue ops.

Alexandercctv and Vorian like this.
  4. RagnarokAscendant

RagnarokAscendant Exists

Open up 'Signature' and look at the tabs on the left. There should be one labeled 'personal details'. Go there, under your avatar there should be a box named 'custom title'. Write whatever you like in there.

Empiricist and RichardWhereat like this.
  5. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

[​IMG]

|: Hey look, it's not there on the left.

EDIT: oh nice, it didn't show up until I hit another thing instead of signatures. I hate this sites interface already, woo!

6. RichardWhereat

Maybe take it to a PM. But you won't be able to change it for a while. Give it a week, in the meantime, be less selfconscious about a humorous title that all newbies get.

Empiricist and Vorian like this.
  7. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I think you want "custom title" which should be under personal details.

Prince Charon likes this.
  8. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

It wasn't a matter of being self-conscious, I just thought the blurb was stupid and childish.

RagnarokAscendant and Empiricist like this.
  9. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

In the comics there is a MM storyline in which he found out that a bunch of green martians came to earth, pretended to be egyptian gods, experimented on people, and extended their lives by possessing people.

So in NE continuity at least MM should be squeezing MGM for royalties.

10. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

I just had a good chuckle about the "Watch your virginity." It's like...darling...do you have ANY idea how long ago that ship sailed?

11. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Now, for my first post about the story on QQ! *gasp*

If I had been unexpectedly transformed into a female body... honestly, it wouldn't really bother me.

It'd be strange, sure, and certainly it would be a novel experience, but the only problems I'd have would be the practical ones -- the hassle of dealing with identification, the expense of needing to replace my wardrobe (unless my new body were close enough to the same size that I could still wear most of my stuff), the embarrassment of having to explain it ad nauseam to everyone that knows me, the impact it might potentially have on my relationships (especially with my notably heterosexual wife)...

But in the end, my gender identity simply isn't strong enough for me to care. I'd adapt.

Obliviated fan, BR549, Drode and 2 others like this.
  12. topin89

topin89 Virgin Centrist

Huh? OK, let's try it a bit.

Let's say, I'm now plasma generating strongwomen. And I'm not instantly hunted by intel agencies from all of the world.
    Best I can think of, I can start some fusion reaction in small space for enough time for it to be self-sustainable, if only for scientist to know how to do it by themselves. I'm not sure how much is it worth, but I suppose more than one million.

Oh, there is some plasmoelectric show, but for that I would need not-afraid-of-crowds superpower. Or a therapy. Well, I suppose therapy I would need anyway. That worth much more than fusion research. Or plasma research in general.

What else? Nothing except showing how cool I am to the public comes to mind.

Hm, voluntarily research of what the fuck is with physics here. Chance are there is some breakthrough that would lead to new shiny things and shiny dividends.

Last that comes to mind is to ask someone else if your imagination is poor. No, just ask. Ideas should be endless.

You know what, I changed my mind. Looks like it's cool and will ascent humanity faster and will improve my life greatly. I'll change my body for that. With less doubts this time.

EDIT: OK.jpg
    EDIT2: Now I can change it. Faster than one minute, personal details appeared.

RichardWhereat likes this.
  13. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

It could be a reminder to give proper consideration to the lessons learned in the earlier years of one's life, where youthful naivety made one prone to stupid shit that most adults, for some reason, never outgrow unless someone rubs their nose in it.

That, or it's forum virginity rather than that involving the genitals and/or orifice that happens to be relevant.
    Also, superpowers. One mustn't forget the practical value of superpowers.

14. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

You can leverage most superpowers into a proper living standard, even if you are selling your gene rights to the US military to make super soldier children.

Squire has used power armor (a similar model to the one Paul gave Arsenal), so any super powers she would get, have to be better than the power armor by a significant degree or have to complement the power armor.

15. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

Why? That's like saying if you get a hammer, having a saw is pointless. It's perfectly acceptable to use both, one or the other.

Prince Charon and RichardWhereat like this.
  16. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

I mean, you can't drive nails with a saw. You'd even have problems trying to cut nails with most saws. And look at all these nails!

Lord Greyscale likes this.
  17. Chaoswind

Many super powers wouldn't operate well with the power armor Paul gave arsenal.

18. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Superstrength would necessitate recalibration or redesign of the power armour. Which, depending on how hard it was to design and build in the first place, could take months, years, or in the worst case decades.

19. Chaoswind

Both super strength and speed are out by default, if it was me, i would try to learn magic to be a power armored mage, then again the best you can get is a power ring.

Sceptic likes this.
  20. Lorenz112

Lorenz112 Guest

Well, when so many people move from other forums because of your work, you are definitely doing something right.

I want to say thanks to mods of SV - I would never learn about this website existence otherwise.

RichardWhereat and 9adam4 like this.
  21. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

+ponders on genderbend for powers+
    Barring futa for cheating out the dillemma of losing your old genitals, depends on the superpower...

But then again, we did talk about the type of powers you would trade your gender for....

Huh, Lord of Mysteries had this similar topic, when one antagonist wanting to raise his ability tier was told that the next stage is basically female-only.

Next chapter, readers were given a slight glimpse of a pretty lady with similar features as the guy.

Granted, you can't switch ability trees, and will be stuck on the tier of you don't level up...

Anyway, my power temptation threshold for genderbend is probably kind of low, or on the subject of powers that might grant me shapechange, biocontrol, or prosthetic creation.

Cheating, I know, but I kind of like D&D druid and Eberron artificer ability sets anyway.

Obliviated fan likes this.
  22. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

I'd swap out my sex for being twenty again, no superpowers required. As long as I get to retain my mental faculties and the like. If I have to be as stupid as I was when I was twenty, then no thank you.

Aging fucking sucks, and I'm not even old yet. I actually have to exercise to stay in okay shape, now. I was the same body type from high school to 30, didn't change my (physical) lifestyle much in that time, and then in six months I gained like an inch and a half of fat out of nowhere. When I get hurt, it takes more than a day or two to recover. The list goes on, and only promises to get worse with time.

Also, women live longer and are less susceptible to most of the things that kill my relatives, so that'll be useful.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  23. Shadow Archon

Shadow Archon Protoss Preserver

I wouldn’t mind at all swapping gender for super powers. I wouldn’t even mind swapping in general, as long as it was an instant swap like Ranma rather than one that takes a long time (and money I don’t have.)

However, the biggest wall for me on the matter isn’t my personal opinion about body alteration, but my family accepting it. My sister would be cool with it, no problem, but my Dad already told me he would disown me if I was gay when I was a kid, and even if he’s backtracked from that in recent years (he would just refuse to come to either my or my sister’s wedding rather than cut us out of his life entirely), I have no idea how’d he would react if I was suddenly his second daughter.

So, the obvious loophole is make sure the super power is shape shifting and be whatever I want whenever the fancy comes up. ;)

24. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

You can ask donations if you write original fiction. But you should probably create a whole new persona for that and pray it doesn't get linked to your others personas.

I mean if Zoat wrote original fiction maybe he wouldn't be able to update every day but it may end longer than Worm.

25. Nugar

Nugar Not too sore, are you?

I'd swap genders for power. He'll, I'd swap genders just because. I'd also swap species, upload myself to a computer, go for another male body, pretty much anything that would let me be some one or thing other than what I am.

I've never really been sure what to call that. Someone in in the last few pages over on SV called themselves an infomorph. I'm pretty sure I'm not that.

But, basically, I feel like I'm piloting a meat robot, and not doing a particularly good job of it. Is there a term for that?

It's not transgender. I don't see myself as a woman, trapped in a man's body, or otherwise. I'm not a furry, or, if I was, I'd be some sort of ape/human furry. Like, I feel very connected to my human impulses, be they primitive monkey 'grooming' instincts, the social aspects of small group membership, and I love the human form. And yet, I'd do pretty much anything short of selling my soul for a change. Preferably to a woman, because a, still human, and b, the most different from my current form. I would also be willing to be an intelligent but nonverbal dog. Or bird. Or Octopus. Or mexican freetailed bat. I'd prefer to be able to speak, and prefer to have both a long, healthy lifespan and tool using hands, but they ain't required. If I could get superpowers with it? Or instead? Hells to the yes. I would gladly give up my current life to spend the remainder of my lifespan as a mayfly. So long as I was still somehow intelligent, with my own memory and being self aware, which are the only things I require to still be 'me', yes, I'd give it all up for a short period of just being something different.

Is that transhuman? I don't think that's what that means, either. I mean, I don't LIKE my current body, but that's just because of health issues. Back when I was younger and in good shape, I had no particular problem with it. And yet, even back then, I'd have given it all up just to experience life as an antelope desperately trying to avoid being eaten on the plains of africa. As I mentioned once in another thread, if a wormhole full of stars opened near me, I'd throw myself bodily through it in a heartbeat. I might end up in another world, slave to the whims of some powerful being. I might end up torn to subatomic particles in an anomalous region of space. Either way, I just did something truly different, so it's win-win. Different is better, at least to me.

So, orange power rings can change the body. Heal, optimize, whatever. And there are a lot of people in the world not happy with their current bodies. Some of them, especially the ones that experience significant distress over their form, would probably do quite a bit to be changed.

Just what would it take for someone to convince OL to make that change in them? Starting with no emotional investment. Money wouldn't do it. Would he do it for a supervillian willing to go hero? Or would it have to be someone with a significant tech or magic gizmo for it to trigger enough avarice?

26. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

General Body Dysmorphic Disorder. It's the meta-disorder from which the other dysmorphic disorders like furries, anorexia, plastic surgery addiction, transgenderism, and dozens of other disorders stem from. Strong evidence to suggest it, itself, is a form of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, but it hasn't been officially recognized as such by any mental health organization I'm aware of.

And I'm talking about real OCD, not Hollywood Bullshit OCD, to make it clear.

There's a helluva lot more to it than I'm going to get into here. In part because Totally Off Fucking Topic, but it shouldn't be too hard for you to look up information on it. Or PM me and I'll give you a more thorough rundown.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  27. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

I wouldn't swap Genders for superpowers uless one of those superpowers was living very very very very long without mental degradation and keeping a healthy and fit body.

28. Jacen

Jacen I am of no consequence.

I would swap for a power ring.

Ardy and RichardWhereat like this.
  29. RichardWhereat

Cheater. You'd use your power ring to recreate your last body.

30. Cherico

Cherico Connoisseur.

welcome to QQ, I moved here for the creative freedom too.

Its nice to have that.