1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

More like went full madness.

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  2. da3monh0st3d

da3monh0st3d Эскапист

Is he always full "Milk for the Khorne flakes!"?

3. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Why does the king sound like he's a spacemarine from dawn of war? The voice effect makes it so much harder to take him seriously.

4. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Well, the game DOES take place within a game... Just take it as his voice being distorted.

Malcolmo likes this.
  5. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

New Direct for those that missed it. Say hello to Gen 8.

Fenrisfir likes this.
  6. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Yay, it doesn't seem watered down and I bet that bunny starter is going to have a feminine evolution form and be the new pokemon "waifu"... >.>

I might get it just because it's the first generation game on the switch honestly, same reason I even bothered to get pokemon X.

7. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Sword and Shield, huh ? They're really starting to run out of name ideas. :p

8. OverReactionGuy

THE MASCOT LEGENDARY!

Ohmrond likes this.
  9. Deathwings

They're also apparently running out of pokemon design ideas.

10. OverReactionGuy

That was like 2 generations back I believe when they started making pokemon like the icecream cone and whatever.

Then went digimon with the kalos megaevolution shit.

Then went sentai heroes with the pose super moves.

I wonder what this one will bring honestly.

11. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

I dunno.

I like Scorbunny's design, makes me think of old cartoon like Felix and Oswald.

I hope that his evolutions follow that theme.

12. OverReactionGuy

Honestly I like the bunny myself but I'm going to hate the fact it's likely going to be fire/fighting...AGAIN!

13. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

Gen 1 had two that were literal balls, three that were piles of goo, and far more that were just ordinary animals. Lame designs have been a part of the series since the very beginning.

Smuthunter, Ohmrond, Mistodon and 5 others like this.
  14. OverReactionGuy

Ditto was the best design and I would fight you for it.

Drak4806 and Imabot like this.
  15. Tsuzurao

Tsuzurao Experienced.

Making some assumptions pretty quick here. I mean, Gen 7 gave us a wrestler-themed final form for a fire Starter, and it was Fire/Dark. Don't assume Gen 8's starter will necessarily be Fire/Fighting just because it walks on two legs.

16. OverReactionGuy

Fire/fighting is the most common starter type so I'm guessing based on that and not because it walks on two legs.

Torchick for example doesn't scream fighting either until it evolves.

17. Dakkaface

Dakkaface Magical Defender of Justice

Ugh. Nope. I bought a New 3DS specifically for Sun/Moon. I'm not buying a Switch for Gen8.

Watch the bunny end up as Fire/Fairy.

Well, I'm still waiting for the day we get Pokemon Gray and Pokemon Grey.

Deathwings likes this.
  18. OverReactionGuy

Those poor dragons.

19. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

In Devil May Cry 5 news, Capcom released the final trailer, three things of importance.

We see Eva in a flashback, we get a glimpse of Nero's Devil Trigger, and we get MOTIVATION.

daimahou likes this.
  20. Dakkaface

Someone on reddit just posted a shot of the Linux system requirements for the new Toejam and Earl game. They're special.

[​IMG]

21. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Have another horrific bad end I found out in Death End re;Quest, where even our MC snap at the end.

As far as the story go, I'm on the wild ride and there's no sign of stopping at all.

Didn't find an english voiced version of it yet, but I'll make sure to change it once I do.

Found one. Use this link since putting it directly here kills the timer setting of the link.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  22. Deathwings

Compile Heart, uncontested master of the mood whiplash and making cute Moe games that are also more horrifying and grotesque then most dedicated horror games.

Imabot likes this.
  23. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Mu-Sensei helpfully contribute the name 'Compile Heartless' for those games.

Deathwings and UnthinkingWisdom like this.
  24. Aaron Fox

Aaron Fox That Crazy/Not-Crazy Guy

Left Alive is looking rather good for a Front Mission meets Metal Gear Solid V (with some Resident Evil 6 and Call of Duty multiple viewpoints) game...

... and an impressive touch for all the EU stuff getting into the big screen like AIs (during the Second Haffman Conflict, the OCU and USN/USC forces had Wanzer pilots with impressive amounts of cybernetics jammed into them with AIs, in one of the manga stories we follow one such soldier and the carnage he did was batshit crazy).

25. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

And I finished Death End re;Quest.

Was it the best game ever? Obviously not. Was it the best story ever? Nope either. Was it everything I wished from it both gameplay and story? Nope.

But it was still fun and the story was still good. It also manage to answer the questions raised as to how all the crap happened.

Also, that goddamn cult is so, so easy to hate.

Sure, guys. You see a new kind of synthetic life born that go beyong humand and AI, use someone kidnapped to raise her and then you didn't expect the shitstorm when you kill said caretaker?

You fucking idiots.

26. OverReactionGuy

Cults aren't known to make the best decisions and or be smart.

Aaron Fox likes this.
  27. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Considering all the businesses they have, they really should have been smarter than that. Or was it because the goal as so close that they started being idiots?

At least one guy got his very deserved end.

He kidnapped and was about to torture our main guy in one chapter, torture someone with us they captured and called in her father to try to crack him later on and I pass over some things.

Then he go taunt the Ludens (said beings that are neither human nor AI) that hah, they can't kill him because they're lines of code and he's safe in RL.

Our guy, during the madness of the finale, happen to find a headless corpse in a suit, never realizing it was that one guy he hated but never got the name of.

28. Dakkaface

Humble Bundle's Indie Bundle 20 just dropped, so there's 13 days and change to pick up anything you feel like.

Not sure about all the games in there, but I've head great things about Tangledeep and Dream Daddy. Getting Over It is from the same dev as QWOP, and I've heard it's just as frustratingly hard, though the learning curve is not as intractable. I've not heard of Overgrowth, but from the description, it sounds like a game I'd enjoy. RTS games aren't my thing, but I haven't played one since Starcraft, so if that's your bag Tooth and Tail should scratch that itch. Both Among the Sleep and The First Tree seem interesting but might be limited play experiences.

I jumped in at $10, but pay-what-you-want makes Tier 1 very attractive.

29. OverReactionGuy

Ahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

30. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

When the hell did emulators get so easy to use? I got a copy of Dolphin and in five minutes of controller configuration I'm already playing Skies of Arcadia again.

Also HOLY SHIT I'M PLAYING SKIES OF ARCADIA AGAIN I FUCKING LOVE TECHNOLOGY.