1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  2. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

Full stop.

Mr Zoat likes this.
  3. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

4. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Worth pointing out that while he didn’t need a soul to not be an abomination when he was made out of Earth prime material, that could just be because souls are different there, and recreating his body would both potentially require material actually from Earth Prime, and some way to recreate whatever replaces a soul there. Whether that is an actual soul/spirit - In which case the DC soul is just another body it is located inside of, inside of a physical body, or something else, such as needing some sort of specific material only available on Earth Prime, recreating his body as it was when he first arrived might not be possible.

5. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

found
    come out
    built

Mr Zoat likes this.
  6. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

"For you are crunchy, and will taste good with mustard."

7. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Yeah, that's 100% presumption right there.

DAT_NOOB and RichardWhereat like this.
  8. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

9. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

The real moral of this story, love is something that's best not relied upon in perilous circumstances. Or perhaps the obvious - "love is an illusion".

10. Queshire

Nah, I like the other one better.

11. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Yeah, probably. Only evidence is that something has to be different with Earth Prime people if they can function as people without souls, while DC people can’t. My guesses are either a “soul mind” or something physically different. Only real point is: no guarantee copying even his old self before he had a soul using DC material would work properly.

Relyt33 likes this.
  12. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Hm. So the orange light is connected to the mutant gnome transformations? Greed magic maybe?

13. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Dragon? Dragons are legendary for greed in some fantasy works.

14. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

In the comic, the dragon had a miasma of sin around her, turning wherever she went into something out of Lord of the Flies.

For example, a man grabbed a tire iron to beat his neighbor to death for eyeing his wife.

One would imagine it takes what is already there and brings it to the fore.

Anger turns into homicidal rage. Desire turns into "I want it RIGHT NOW!" etc, etc.

15. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Nonsense. There was no soul transfer needed to make Red Arrow, this isn't about having another body to control (how would that even work), its about having other me's around to maximize opportunities and better multi task to achieve multiple goals.

16. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Hm... maybe. I forgot about that. So does that mean that science can create souls through cloning? Not actually that surprised.

Relyt33 likes this.
  17. Queshire

I'm pretty sure it would have come up by now if Superboy was soulless.

18. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I think it should be "Possibly with a dragon to scare the rest into compliance?"

Mr Zoat likes this.
  19. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

20. Tyrantviewer

Tyrantviewer lord of all I survey

Which comic are these bit from?

21. Mr Zoat

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  22. bobsimmo

bobsimmo Simmr001 on SV/SB

this story is wierd. its not technicaly in continuity but it counts enough for it to count as her death for the Blackest Night twist.

23. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

... except sometimes they can.

There was a Green Arrow storyline in which the Parallax-bonded Hal Jordan resurrected Oliver Queen, only to have it later discovered that Oliver Queen's soul was quite happy in the afterlife, so Jordan had just resurrected his body with his memories but no soul, which left him vulnerable to possession. (In this storyline, "people walking around without a soul" was sufficiently a known thing as to have a name--hollows--in magical circles.)

There was also a Teen Titans storyline in which Superboy is questioning whether he has a soul, which ends with Raven telling him that he has a young and new soul that she was only able to see after he broke free of Luthor's programming.

24. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Yes, Zoat made up the factoids that DC people need souls- Stalker and Sebastian Faust say hi.

And that one needs a soul to do magic, because again Stalker and Sebastian Faust say hi.

And that Earth Prime doesn't have magic, because White Witch says hi.

And since people from Earth Prime not having souls is the explanation for magic not working in Earth Prime, when in fact it works just fine according to DC comics, there's no reason to believe that souls on Earth Prime are any different than any other reality.

Of course, as I've pointed out before, the "People on Earth Prime don't have souls" is an in character theory that has no basis for being taken for fact. After all, Paul/Gravy are basing that solely on the fact that they don't have souls. Especially since I like to point out that there's no evidence that Paul/Gravy are from Earth Prime. There's only one Earth Prime, yet there are a whole lot of Pauls and Gravies that think they are from Earth Prime. At least all of them minus one would be wrong, which leaves the possibility that all of them are in fact wrong.

Really? That's odd. Neron killed her and she became the goddess of truth post mortem in the nineties. That's when she became bullet proof. Zeus took away her godly mojo but let her keep the Olympian bullet proof invulnerability over her original Amazon vulnerable to bullets resistance to injury.

25. Phrexia Unbound

Phrexia Unbound Oooh...that's good.

Irrelevant Question Time!

Is Cerberus a three-headed Dalmatian?

Bramble Thorn and Belenus like this.
  26. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Could be black with white spots? An anti-Dalmatian. Or another type of dog with spots. Or it’s name could refer to something else.

27. Phrexia Unbound

Phrexia Unbound Oooh...that's good.

His name translated from the Greek means "Spotted.".

I asked because of this Important Image.
    [​IMG]

28. Istaran

Istaran Know what you're doing yet?

It's possible they are all shenanigan-clones of an original from Earth Prime which could for some definitions mean they are validly 'from' Earth Prime and also explain why they don't have souls (initially) without meaning everyone else on Earth Prime is soulless.

(A shenanigan-clone is a superset of time clone, where some shenanigan causes two or more whole copies of a person including memories, grown to the same degree, often with no easy way to define who is original vs copy. Per this definition, inserting someone's DNA into an egg cell and maturing them to adulthood either over the normal course of time or an accelerated fashion is not a shenanigan-clone regardless of any shenanigans involved.)

Bramble Thorn, WhiteNoise and Ardy like this.
  29. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I know this. I’m trying to think of a way to interpret “Spotted” as something edgy / fitting the mythology. Might work if the only spotted dog was one with a birthmark. Were Dalmatians a thing in Greece?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  30. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Pfft....amature. Call yourself a doggo petter?

I can pet 6 doggo at once!

boo600, Ardy, Siskulous and 2 others like this.