1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Phrexia Unbound

Phrexia Unbound Oooh...that's good.

That and pink quotation marks.

2. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Well ... that’s gonna get awkward when she finds out his age. Hopefully she won’t need to, but if Paul is out of commission for the world-threatening lie dragon... she might try doing what Paul did - possibly changing him into her literal love slave due to her altered state of mind.

3. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Star Sapphires aren't exactly good at the whole "letting go" thing, and she's been running around using one as her magical power source for how long now?

4. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

I'm not sure what "mantlng" is, but kinky...

Alexandercctv, Ardy, Citizen and 2 others like this.
  5. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

A few months? Not that long.

6. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    No idea. Stormwatch actually gave figures for the metahuman proportion of their Earth's population but I don't think any other publication has. In the Young Justice episode, both of those accompanying Savage were described as being his sons, and given that his offspring don't usually manifest unusual abilities, they were specifically described as metahumans and two of them existed in Mongolia while his empire was at its height... They wouldn't be that thin on the ground. Certainly common enough that a dedicated eugenics program would produce results faster than leaving Earth to some primitive warlord.

Alright, maybe not DeSaad, but Apokolips has other scientists. Virman Vundabar would be fascinated by living weapons.
    Technically, no. All we see is one fleet, and they used a metahuman bomb to fight rather than engaging the enemy directly. We don't know what their total strength is like.
    It's something that happens in Dresden Files. Which I'm still not writing.

7. Deadring

Deadring Screee!

And also The Elder Scrolls. It may or may not be the same phenomenon in both series.

nick012000 likes this.
  8. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

No no, that's mantling, a clearly different thing. :p

9. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

Funnily enough if Paragon and Renegade ever do crossover in any significant way Zatanna will probably learn that alternate Jade dumped Grayven for a long while, which might give her some ideas.

Also I'm pretty sure Blue Lantern Paul is in a relationship with Crime Syndicate Zatanna, though whether he's aware of it or if he's being almost forced into it are very distinct questions that haven't been answered yet.

10. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Zorina and BL-Paul are supervillains, and Zorina is scary. She's not a role-model I'd want someone imitating, nor one that I think even this Zatanna would be comfortable imitating.

11. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Does Darksied know the life entity is on Earth? It would explain his interest in the place.

12. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

During the whole OMAC thing it was stated that 1.3 million metahumans live on Earth, but that includes everyone with superpowers regardless of origin.

13. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Any idea how many humans live on Earth? Same as in real life, or less (what with the constant alien invasions/ mad scientists)?

14. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

1. She is a teenager

2. She has a Star Sapphire

3. She is a teenager

15. Stsword

They might have more, what with the extra cities and countries.

DC has Bialya and Libya, both Egypt and Kahndaq.

16. Zeushobbit

Zeushobbit I use my mind and yours doesn't matter.

HALLELUJAH!

I approve of this plan and cannot wait to see the fallout involved :)

17. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

So do I, though I'm a little surprised not to have seen a Common Sense Interrupt image about then.

18. Mr Zoat

We're well past the point where that would be appropriate.

19. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I was under the impression that Kahndaq was DC Egypt? At least in this fic, Egypt has not been mentioned.
    Come to think of it, for all we know, in this world, the USA could be the Unified states of America, and the UK could control all of Ireland. Or it might just be England, with no UK. Things like the Irish potato famine might not be a problem in a world with magic. Ireland might have been more powerful at the time, and still turning out magic-powered superheros, if those were a thing. Or their gods might have helped them.

20. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

Would have assumed Paul would recognize the ring of mushrooms as a potential fairy circle, because if so this might go off the rails pretty quickly

Prince Charon likes this.
  21. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Why? Is a fairy circle something specific? It looks like the fairy circles still need to be near places with mystical significance. Maybe they also occur naturally without magic?
    Next you’ll be telling me bigfoots teleport through redwood fairy rings?

22. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Shouldn't it be "I miss her being around"?

Ardy, Mr Zoat and ShadowPoint like this.
  23. Mr Zoat

Probably. I'll change it.

24. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

And Zatanna is going to counter with plan Prove She Is More Worthy, isn't she? Star Sapphires (and the Predator) come up with some really bad plans, as I recall... At least she's probably smart enough to avoid plan Kill The Rival, given that Jade is stationed at a Maltusian military base.

25. Stsword

No, Egypt is DC's Egypt. Kahndaq is a fictional country that exists between Egypt and Israel.

Black Adam's wife and child were killed by the ruler of Egypt, Ahk-Ton, the first metamorpho, who used his powers to conquer Egypt. Being unable to kill him, Black Adam buried him alive.

Zoat decided to replace Egypt with Khandaq, although in point of fact Bialya seems to be YJ's answer to Egypt- Isis, as in a character that was a female Pharaoh empowered by an Egyptian Goddess, was a superhero of ancient Bialya.

The temple where the blue beetle scarab was found is in Bialya. The original Dan Garrett having found the beetle in Egypt, and of course, the beetle being a sacred animal in Egypt being the entire basis for that version of Blue Beetle.

26. Enochi

Enochi Having way to much fun with AI.

And? In what a year or two at most she will be legal. Heck if she really gets in the love sickness bad she might go to another dimension where time flows faster for "training" to master the Star Sapphire. I mean given Paul's desire to try for the living forever thing means the age difference isn't going to matter much. Heck on BOTH sides of my family tree I have fairly recent ancestors who had 30-40 year differences with their spouses and one pairing was married for 50+ years.

And I have to point out as Devil's advocate their are no rules on this site about that kinda of relationship like SB and SV though I can agree with the distaste for that when dealing with serious relationships.

Bramble Thorn and Navi-Hank like this.
  27. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

No, I'm saying to expect her to act rationally when it comes to relationships is dumb for Love-Light reasons and basic human biology reasons.

28. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

Eh, if she's smart, I think she'd recognize that Jade is pretty much the best-case scenario for her. It gives her time to grow up (since even without knowing Paul's age issues, it's pretty obvious that he has a thing for older women), and the long-distance thing means that Paul is off the market but with a lesser risk of the relationship getting more serious.

The smart thing to do would just be to wait it out, figuring that they're eventually going to drift apart, and she can then pounce when the time is right. Unfortunately, Star Sapphire + teenager is not exactly a good combination for doing the smart thing.

Related to this, I'm curious: How much regular contact do Paul and Jade have? Is this a "talk every night on the phone" or "email once a week" kind of long-distance relationship?

29. PurpLexed

PurpLexed (The Girl(!) in the Snow)

Lord knows I wasnt smart when it came to 'love' in high school. For some reason my hormone-addled brain thought that 'no, im not interested' meant 'not right now, try again later.' The cringe hurts me to this day.

With the Love Rock, she probably needs to focus on the people she loves in order to make magic happen, similar to how Paul needed to focus on his specific desires and reasonings in order to u se his ring before he got possessed by Best Snek.

So basically, in order to use the rock, she has been consantly conditioning her mind to view the world under rose colored glasses - 'I need this object to float so Paul will love me, I need this spell to work so Dad will love me, im powering this laser beam with the way I feel when Paul hugs me,' ect.

Tbh I will not be surprised if next arc is Predatarra vs Paulphidian, battle of the embodiments.

30. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Why can't Paul just clone himself and let Zatanna have him instead? With all the mad science and magic bullshit it shouldn't be too hard to create an identical clone, copy & paste his mind into it, and copy his soul as well since Paul's soul was artificially created anyway. Just cut a piece off, graft it on there, and give it those fancy tattoos to help it grow.

Hell give the poor girl an entire harem of Pauls!