1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wtf

Discussion in 'General' started by DavidMswdlvr2, Apr 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidMswdlvr2

DavidMswdlvr2 RWBY fan seeks digivice & gunscythe

Sorry for the annoyance, i got a bit enthusiastic about the quest

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

You posted this thread twice. In answer to your question, people can either a) not be interested in your threads b) be interested but not up/online at the time c) not have seen it yet. There's no need to make a thread asking where everyone is.

Ddmkm122, DavidMswdlvr2 and 1986ctcel like this.
  3. Generic_Generica

Generic_Generica Verified kōhai

You appear to be operating under the assumption that people are obligated to post in your threads.

That’s not the case.

4. mizzet

mizzet Connoisseur.

Well, to go against the grain a bit with the replies - dependent on where precisely you post, there indeed are sometimes only very few people.

QQ is a smaller board then its siblings. The 'General' Forum, as well as the 'Questing' (Non-NSFW) don't have that much traffic. Look at the times apart for some of the last posts across the different threads in general. The oldest last reply on the front page, is from the 15th of March

There are many thread that died with an amount of replies in the single digits. Some without replies at all! This is far from true for all of them, but it can still be pretty lonely here :confused:. (Having gone a few pages back I somehow feel bad about the three months old thread asking for help with a Master Thesis. I hope their survey got more replies then their thread) One of those threads being about your headcannon for a fanfic on SB, probably wasn't all that conductive to getting likes either.

Your quest not being in the NSFW section similarly rather cuts into your potential readership. Though I also kind of have to say that it has problems that make it less accessible. You obviously put a decent amount of effort into everything, but a lot of the things you're saying are meaningless to your potential player base. You preloaded a character sheet with spells and traits and persona and NULL. They effectively are fanfic version of the characters, without the player knowing anything about them or their changes.

And your first post is about a completely unknown OC, using an ability on Weiss that people wouldn't know about.

It's very jarring. Fanfiction is a great place to start writing because it gives you a common already established ground with your readers. But here that's largely functioning as a rug you're pulling out from under people (or at least it was that way for me). I'm sure it makes complete sense to you and you have a lot of ideas about what's going on, but as a reader I really didn't.

(I probably won't give critique on the more technical aspects of writing

5. DavidMswdlvr2

DavidMswdlvr2 RWBY fan seeks digivice & gunscythe

I'm still plotting it out/writing the Gamestart. The next story post on the 5th should explain significantly.Sorry about that

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

Rule of thumb on the SFW creative writing section: fanfic will beat original fic by an order of magnitude. (I'm actually not bitter at this, mostly because it's my buddy that's with the fanfic and I'm glad he's doing well here so quickly. It'll go a long way in convincing him that it's a worthwhile place to hang around at. Also it's not as if I'm expecting much out of my original fic that I'm already kinda embarrassed of).

I'm guessing quests and the rest are similar.

And of course NSFW beats SFW by an order of magnitude, that's just the law of nature here.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  7. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Going to lock this. There are better threads for this.

Ddmkm122 and UnthinkingWisdom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.