1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

Zoat, I say this sincerely: I will read pretty much anything you write. If you decide to have Indigo's threat come true as a chapter for the Eros thread, I'll end up reading it out of morbid fascination.

Please don't turn his threat into an actual chapter for the Eros thread.

2. aimlessPolymath

aimlessPolymath Getting sticky.

Someone's been reading Sexy Losers, huh.

3. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

I can't stop laughing, this is ridiculous! What the goddamn shit are you doing, Indigo!Paul? That just went from 0 to Plaid instantly.

4. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Seriously, I don't think anyone would have ever thought to use the threat of necrophilia as an act of compassion. Will Saul be able to create his own team of superheroes who are actually heroic?

5. gustyeagle

gustyeagle Know what you're doing yet?

Well, if compassion is just trying to help someone, then you should be able to justify literally anything as being an act of compassion.

ChestBurster and Chaoswind like this.
  6. Gilhelmi

Gilhelmi Know what you're doing yet?

OK, yep, the when you do that massive event where all the Paul's meet one another...... It is going to be a trippy time.

ChestBurster and Darko like this.
  7. FeepingCreature

FeepingCreature Not too sore, are you?

True enlightened compassion. Love the person, love the means to their health and flourishing. (Necrophilia.)

ChestBurster and Chaoswind like this.
  8. Gilhelmi

Gilhelmi Know what you're doing yet?

No, I did not.
    I learned something new today, thank you.

What is the Maternal equivalent then?

9. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

Dam

10. l---erddad---l

l---erddad---l Wait, google can see this?

Well, IMO it kind of has to do with the un-taking fact of it. Avarice has to do with a personal connection, but Compassion is just knowing that 'this is something that will help, regardless of how it effects me', so a lot of stuff falls under Compassion because you believe that it will help. The idea of 'The Greater Good', when applied in its complete form including a lack of caring of your own life, is the basis of Compassion, and we all know how that idea is achieved by dark means quite often, proving that Compassion isn't always good.

11. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Made perfect sense to me.

She thought she was beyond caring that nothing mattered anymore.

Then she realised there was a negative consequence she didn't want to happen, that there is something she didn't want to happen to herself.

It's like all those people who attemtped suicide who realised on the way down or as they swallowed the pills that they ddn't want to die after all.

12. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

No Zoat, don't listen to this madman! Please make it a chapter for the Eros thread!

13. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Well something people tend to forget is that DC, while calling them compassion, really empathy seems like the more appropriate description.

Stewart used an indigo ring to channel the void of emotion that is the black to make Mogo go the way of Krypton with a sniper rifle. So yeah, Stewart brought his planet killing score to 2.

They're all nice and patient and parental, but if need be they can also empathize with the zombie apocalypse out to snuff out the very concept of life.

14. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Missing Full Stop.

It's like a trainwreck. You just can't look away, in morbid fascination.

Even the people who claim they don't want it...

Ow...

Seriously, lady, you think Butcher would go that far... No, wait, he would.

'Distressed' is such a mild understatement...

That is a hell of a lot of Red...

Yes, it's extreme, what he says, but look at the Black in her here...

It's not what he's saying, really, its the matter-of-fact tone he's using...:D

'Interfering with a cadaver' or the like, usually.

At least the Black's gone.

Bradley.exe has stopped working, please reboot.

Yup!

Remember, Good does not necessarily mean Nice.

Really, I never read the ending of The Boys, but honestly, I doubt anything good would have come from it...

Remember Fool's Canon, and all the alternate Pauls with different Rings? This was one such.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  15. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I know Mr Zoat was talking about Indigo Paul/Saul fucking corpses in earlier posts, so I assume this is what he’s referring to? It doesn’t seem like that’s actual standard activity he engages in.
    Is the fact that it’s Part 21 meant to mark it as a continuation of all the alternate-Paul segments from Fool’s Canon? That seems the most likely.

I also just finished watching the David Mitchell and wanted to thank you for the link, it made pretty good points and was, as usual for him, hilarious.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Just a guy, DAT_NOOB and Cuchulin like this.
  16. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

While true, that does leave out a few important things.

In the setting, superpowers come from a substance called Compound V. Homelander (first name John, second name never revealed) was created with gallons of the stuff at great expense, and grew up in a bunker with a nuclear bomb never too far away after he fried the delivery room after he was born. Once Voight-American were reasonably confident that he would take orders, he was set up as a 'superhero' but just in case he ever decided to go crazy they created a clone and... It's never explained how, but they mentally conditioned the clone to want to take him down if he stepped out of line.

A while later, the clone decides to create the situation where it gets those orders, dresses in a Homelander uniform, murders and eats a family, takes pictures and posts them to Voight-American. At this point Homelander hasn't actually done anything worse than a lot of real celebrities do: drug-taking and sex with prostitutes, but now everyone who knows about it believes that he's a crazy cannibal. Including him: he comes to believe that he did it and just blanked the whole thing. That belief results in him increasingly acting out, and eventually convinces a large number of Voight-American's other superheroes to assist in some 'regime change'. He does this by convincing them that it's part of Voight-American's plan to remove the president and install the vice president so they could sell superhumans to the military. They had been planning to assassinate the president, but by sheer luck he gets killed by a wolverine so they end up not needing to.

Oh, and I just found out that the The Boys live action series has decided that The Boys aren't getting Compound V. Which is stupid.
    Thank you, corrected.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  17. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

OK so now I want to have another entire story about this guy, God and monsters Grayven and avatar the last air bender paul. Goddamit

Drode and erebus1994 like this.
  18. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

There’s a Gods and Monsters Grayven? The closest I can recall is the Justice Lords Grayven who leads the Gordanians.

Rafin, Cuchulin and Just a guy like this.
  19. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Well, judging by the 'Let's read' of it that someone (Polokun? Not sure) did, that I eventually quit reading because even his summary was too disturbing to keep reading, it's a combination of most or all of what I hate about 'deconstructions,' especially the ones that get billed as 'realistic' when they're really just grimderp and tacky.

20. Mr Zoat

It's a problem, isn't it? You can't really judge a work until you're experienced it in its entirety, but you don't want to spend the time to do that if you suspect that you will hate it. I liked it, but I can see how it isn't to everyone's tastes.

21. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Paul saving someone by threatening to have his wicked way with their corpse.

Ardy, WaleXdraK and Prince Charon like this.
  22. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Saul, actually, Indigo Tribesman Paul in the setting of 'The Boys,' but that's otherwise a good summary.

Cuchulin likes this.
  23. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Wait a minute... You’ve had this chapter for a long time, I remember you mentioning the necrophilia way back when, months ago. I can only say good luck with whatever’s getting you to publish chapters you wrote a while ago, unless you just had ideas, but not an actual write-up.

Ardy and Prince Charon like this.
  24. Booksnake

Booksnake Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I liked the previous Common Sense chapter, was wondering if there was any way to find the previous one, without having to chance getting lost in the re-read that will take all month? Thank you.

25. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Read the comments after - someone linked it.

26. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

For anyone curious, Polokun Reads The Boys. He never did finish that...

It was linked right after the chapter:
    AND Simon Pegg isn't playing Wee Hughie!

But honestly my first thought is not dosing the boys is just to get around having to deal with Mother's Milk and the Female's quirks. Though they could just... Change them? I don't know; I don't have high hopes for anything besides drama when people watch because they liked the Netflix and CW superhero shows...

Badass6969 likes this.
  27. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

So . . . Other than helping out Super Duper and healing sick kids, did Saul actually do anything to make the events of The Boys play out better than they did in canon? Or was he just never in a position to really do anything?

Obviously the big finale still happened. Mostly curious about the in-between.

Cuchulin likes this.
  28. Mr Zoat

Article here.
    Comic Butcher was very clear about what happens to normal people who fight superheroes: they die.
    Appreciably fewer off-screen deaths.
    Edit: Also inspired a few minor characters not to back Homelander. Young Americans are nearly a functional team.

29. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Exactly how differently does the public treat Saul? He said that he's in a class of his own because of healing so many sick kids, but do people actually like him, or just think that he's better than the other heroes? Also, he was there in the White House. Did Saul actually try and fight Homelander and the other heroes? Did he ever meet up with The Boys? Is he friends with Wee Hughie and Starlight. or have they never interacted?

Darko, Badass6969, Drode and 3 others like this.
  30. Mr Zoat

Due to a minor miscommunication on Butcher's part, Mother's Milk interpreted 'release everything we've got' as including the the pictures they took during the two months they spent trying and failing to find anything bad about Saul. Lots of images of him healing the sick, comforting the traumatised, petting stray cats, things like that.
    No. Temperamentally, he has trouble with direct violence that he can't frame as helping the person he's confronting. The only real exception is that after he talked Silver Kincaid down he offered to participate in the attack against the G-Men.
    He briefly met Butcher in the White House. He had several conversations with Starlight, and actually made her a bit more upbeat about superheroing. And as such more easily exploited.