1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

SHINOBI: The RPG - Act 2 (Naruto/Fallout SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Fulcon, May 7, 2019.

1. llat-2

llat-2 Verified Smooth Criminal

2. Reader_as_a_Hobby

Reader_as_a_Hobby Versed in the lewd.

okay, it took a second and on my phone I can't make a screenshot, but I found this

[​IMG]
    And within the chunin exam it shows them security camera footage on the monitor. I'll try and find the exact episode

3. Fulcon

Fulcon Not working on it anymore. Sorry.

Thank you.

Okay, give me a second to fix it.

4. Reader_as_a_Hobby

the largest problem is that it doesn't give a timeline. It shows everything, even the stuff from boruto which is way more techy then OG Naruto. But then again, og Naruto had absolutely crazy medical science, well beyond anything we're even close to IRL but seems to have flip phones, vhs, in the Last they had laser canons capable of stopping meteorites from the destroyed moon.

It's just a mess.

5. Fulcon

Turns out, they had computers already, so I changed it up to make things consistant. That's what I get for both not reading the manga and for looking down on a supposedly primitive world.

“Oh, okay,” Anko nodded, looking at the square monitor in recognition. “You had these in your world too?”

“Yeah, and a lot more powerful and sophisticated than anything Konoha has,” I said, standing up and walking around the table, grabbing one of the other chairs to sit by her. “We even have computers you could hold in your hand that did what Konoha had.”

“Wow,” Anko looked surprised. “That…how?”

“Just got better and more compact with every generation,” I replied. “We could even play games on them.”

6. Reader_as_a_Hobby

I'm pretty sure they had flip phones in og Naruto... But they definitely didn't have smart phones. And internet isn't a thing.

Stupid anachronistic tech left over from when Naruto was supposed to be a shadow runner esque setting.

7. zedred

zedred Know what you're doing yet?

Wait really?

Relyt33, RazielofSecrets and Fulcon like this.
  8. Rechte

Rechte Getting sticky.

Isn't Naruto also supposed to be a post apocalyptic setting? All the tech is messed up because lost technology is common

9. Reader_as_a_Hobby

Nope. That's a popular fan theory, but I can't think of anything that even hints at that really in canon. The tech is just all over the place because author.

yeah, I'm pretty sure there's concept art from kishimoto even. Though don't quote me on that

10. Miestwin

Miestwin Monster on the outside, bishoujo on the inside

Loved this chapter, but I have to say, It constantly unnerved me.
    There was something in the way Anko was talking and asking questions, that constantly left me waiting for the other shoe to drop.
    I was constantly on the verge of my seat, waiting for Anko to start smirking, or glow with eyes, or something, revealing she's actually Jashin or, somehow, Orochimaru.
    No. In the first draft (you can find it as one shot in the web), the world was somewhat modern-ish. In some places less advanced than ours in some others more. They had cars, Konoha had normal roads and skyscrapers. All of that in somewhat cyberpunk-ish aestethics.
    Also, in the first draft, Naruto was a son of Kurama, not his host, while Kurama himself, then just unnamed "Kyuubi", got himself killed in the attack.

PS. Don't know how's the policy for links for pirated manga, so I'll just say you can find it on Mangadex in main Naruto directory as a chapter 0.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  11. Fulcon

Whoops.

Oh. That's her way of dealing with an existential crises; a habit she picked up from her tutalege from Orochimaru. It was my way of showing a bit of who she was underneath the underneath, you know.

Weird. Wonder why they changed it?

12. Darkarma

Darkarma Loli Ōtsutsuki

Yep, you see them at two points. The first time is when we see Kimimaru in Kabuto's ICU. The second time is after the time skip during the war when the Hokage is communicating with all the Daimyo but Radio Satalite. There is a brief shot of fuuinjutsu bound batteries as a powersupply.

As for the sex talk, I was expecting it to be a bit more awkward on Daisuke's side but overall though, seems legit. Anatomy and Ninjutsu skill checks for the win right?

Anko, just wait until he learns Ninshu.

13. Reader_as_a_Hobby

it was initially inspired by Akira, but I don't remember if he said why he changed it specifically.

14. Fulcon

This setting feels even weirder than it did, now.

Yeah, just because of how much medical knowledge the guy has, the only thing stopping him from talking about sex...is his instinct to keep it for marriage. Now that he's married, he can let loose, and Anko is basically the perfect girl for that.

That...is just filled with potential for naughtiness, isn't it?

...actually, it's not really naughty, is it? They're married.

Interesting! Probably the publisher had him change it.

15. Miestwin

Miestwin Monster on the outside, bishoujo on the inside

Oh. Hmm. Ok then, but I have to say, when Daisuke made her immortal, I was fucking this close /].[\ to bet she'll start going Kukukukuku...
    Probably to have more wiggle room, and more opportunities for fights.
    There is a possibility as well, that it was too similar to HunterxHunter. Naruto oneshot came out in 97, HxH in 98, and serialized Naruto in 99.

RazielofSecrets and Fulcon like this.
  16. Darkarma

Darkarma Loli Ōtsutsuki

The most unwieldy computers ever.

Also just forgot. Sasuke has a TV in his bedroom.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  17. Fulcon

Nah, I'm not that devious. Besides, I don't think I could've justified that happening to anyone with so little buildup.

Right, because fights are the life-blood of a Shonen Manga.

Yeah, plaguerism charges would be ugly.

The link denied me access.

It's fine, I already changed the chapter.

18. Darkarma

Darkarma Loli Ōtsutsuki

Fixed if you want a visual example but yeah, ninja'd I was. Still great chapter.

RazielofSecrets and Fulcon like this.
  19. Fulcon

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. :)

Relyt33 and RazielofSecrets like this.
  20. Krazyfan1

Krazyfan1 Versed in the lewd.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the update!

21. Fulcon

:):D

HeheheheheHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-

Have a cookie, thank you for making me laugh. :D

22. Rechte

Rechte Getting sticky.

Don't game characters lack that mechanic?

23. Fulcon

It's a particle effect in this particular case.

24. Alipheese

Alipheese Not too sore, are you?

Ooh, like those "sweaty skin" mods you can get for Skyrim and such? Not that I ever used those myself of course... *ahem* what with them being nude mods, but you get the idea!

Relyt33, Fulcon and Rechte like this.
  25. Fulcon

I never used nude mods either, but...I guess so. :)

Relyt33 likes this.
  26. Neruz

Neruz HISSSSSS!

You know, it just occurred to me that Naruto is almost definitely going to try and distract Jashin with the Sexy No Jutsu, and if Jashin isn't aware that he can do that particular technique, it may actually work for a very brief moment.

Nah, particle effects are used for things like smoke, fire and rain when animated, or hair, leaves and grass when static. 'Wet skin' effects are done with shaders, specifically specular maps, normal maps may also be used for an extra layer of detail. If you're James Cameron and are rendering a cinematic\movie on a render farm the size of a small African country, then you can combine the two and use particles that leave behind specular for drops of water that create a 'sheen' on the things they touch.

Basically; a surface that looks wet is specular and maybe normal maps, possibly with a separate water layer and subsurface scattering as well if you're going all out. The actual droplets of water that roll down the surface and drip off are particles, and they also have specular maps and subsurface scattering, though probably not normals.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Fulcon, llat-2, Relyt33 and 1 other person like this.
  27. Alipheese

Alipheese Not too sore, are you?

Ooooh right. Man I barely know what most types of graphics do, I just turn the shit up in the settings until the game becomes slow, and then lower them bit by bit until it runs smoothly, usually Shadows first.

Fulcon likes this.
  28. MiraiGW

MiraiGW He who drinks to attain enlightenment

Great chapter man, real classy. Particularly loved the bits with Minato just going through the motions of everything like it was just a normal tuesday for him, and then blatantly asking how he turned a willing slave act into a fucking marriage proposal! Oooooh the shit that man'll be able to talk about for the next couple days will be real interesting. Also on the side note of Orochimaru possibly acting as Anko..... we all know even immortality wouldn't save his ass from the beating that'd come his way, assuming he even saw that giant one punch man like fist coming straight for his pale face

29. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

It would be a fun little moment if she realises that she had acquired Orochimaru's dream from the man who curb stomped him. Look at me know asshole, while you rot in hell.

30. Syroc

Syroc Getting sticky.

Okay, maybe it's just me and a stupid amount of pessimism, but the way everyone in this chapter seemed so agreeable registered hard with my suspcious department. Like, the whole time I was expecting for the other shoe to drop. It's fine that it didn't, because there's already that whole Jashin flustercuck to think about, but it bothered me.