1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

For the She-lulz (She-ra 2018/gamer/oc)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by mkasana, May 20, 2019.

1. Threadmarks: 1. For the Evulz
    mkasana

mkasana About as omniscient as everyone else

It’s dark, wet and surprisingly warm. Where am I?

No, wait, something’s happening. I think I see the light!

Ah, it’s blinding! Who the hell is screaming so loudly I can’t think damn it.

Wait, that’s me isn’t it. I just got birthed? But I don’t even remember dying. WTF?!

Come to think of it I don’t remember that much at all! Ugh this is infuriating!

I…I fell sleepy. Thus I closed my eyes.

Days pass by and those days turn into months. Hard to keep track with a mind of a newborn.

I just want to drink some milk.

…I hear screaming and this time it’s not me also it’s hot, really hot. Is that smoke I’m smelling?

Someone enters my room. With my terrible vision I look at the moving blob. You’re not my mommy! That’s it I’m screaming! „Bwaaah!“

„Shut this baby up already. Find the thing and move it!“ No one came to rescue. I know someone grabbed me and carried me.

I can’t remember how much time has passed. But when I woke up it felt colder than before.

Choose your name:
    And like that I completely lost my train of thought. What?

Choose your name:
    What! Is this like the gamer? But the gamer had notifications in blue plain boxes. This looks like something from Dark souls or Dragon’s Dogma. In other words it has character.

So, uh, name ok. Um How about….

Choose your name:
    Markus
    Y/
    N​

Well?

Your name is Markus.
    Welcome to Etheria! You are now part of the Hord faction. Be wary monsters, machines and princesses are more than willing to kill you. Better prepare yourself whilst you still can and remember, just because you’re on the same side doesn’t make you friends.

What is this? Some AU of World of Warcraft? Seriously, what the hell!

You have ten points to add at to your stats
    Stats increased by the starting SP will be increased by higher amount than others.
    Markus
    STR:5
    AGI:5
    DEX:5
    INT:5
    WIS:5
    CHA:5
    SP:10
    HP:100/100

Huh. Okay, let’s put 5 points to INT 2 to AGI and 3 to CHA. Let’s see the result.

Markus
    STR:5
    AGI:7
    DEX:5
    INT:10
    WIS:5
    CHA:8
    SP:0
    HP:125/125

Not too bad but I’ll level up eventually. Now where was I?

„Finaly this runt shut up. Was about to throw it into a lake.“ Wow. Ok better not scream if I wanna live.

Quite a lot of time passed since then. By that I mean like 2 months.

We’re apparently in some place called the Fright zone. Starting to think this isn’t sci-fi AU WoW.
    [​IMG]
    Doors to the infirmary opened and a woman in red robes with a mask of the same color, only her long elf-like ears and hands visible. They’re ashen gray color. She usualy comes here to check another baby. Some blondie with blue eyes. She must hold a high position too, the woman not the baby. Though a baby with the rank of a commander would be funny to see.

„Have the tests come in?“ She asks as she puts the baby down and looks at me.

A soldier walks up to her. „Shadow weaver, we haven’t seen anything like it! It’s like the baby is-„

The world went gray.

You are not of this world and thus you cannot be human.However hybrids are acceptable. What is your species?
    Just a box. No character creation. No race selector. Just a box waiting to be filled.

Really? Ok, let’s put something absurd. Push it to what the system will allow me to do.

Novakid

A star person. A being literally made out of star. How will you deal with that one, huh?

Novakid selected. Creating human-Novakid hybrid.

Wait! It’ll actually make a half-novakid? That seems a bit problematic. How would that even work realistically? How can organic and energy being make a half breed? Did someone fuck a literal star? The hell?

Hybrid created. Following race specific perks and skills created.

Perks:
    Too hot to handle: Your body can reach 1200 CO however doing so will result in overheating and may knock you unconscious.

Fire boy: You are immune to heat damage so long as it’s less tahn 1200 CO otherwise every 500 CO you’ll recieve increasing damage of 50.

No fan of Frozen throne: Cold biomes make your fire based attacks 25% weaker. Ice attack do 25% more damage to you. You‘re more sensitive to cold.

Skills:
    Basic Fire manipulation lvl0: You posses small control over fire.

Ok that’s actually really awesome! I’m OPAF no way am I gonna be some bottom feeder! With this A SHALL REIGN SUPREME! HAHAHAHAHA!

Due to gaining skill requiring magic you unlocked Mana. Mana is increased with INT and WIS.
    You now possess 135/135 MP.

Damn and here I was hoping I could be OP but magic will propably limit my fire manipulation. No star throwing for me.

Time resumed again and everything gained it’s color back.

„-on fire or it’s insides are a literal furnace!“ Shadow weaver actually looked surprised by that. „Does Lord Hordak know?“ She asked with a frown. At least I think it’s a frown. That mask is surprisingly expressive. Must be the magic. When things make absolutely no sense it’s either quantum physics or magic.

„No mam, I have yet to inform him.“ Replied the soldier.

„Then you will not tell him. That’s a direct order from me understood!“ The room got darker and shadow weaver gained height the gem on her mask glowing an ominous red.

The soldier gulped and and nodded. „Yes mam. Understood!“ As soon as they finished the soldier immediatly bolted through the door.

Shadow weaver huffed. „Didn’t even allowed him to leave. I’ll have to discipline him later.“ She looks back at me.

„I’ll be watching you, closely.“ Even with context it’s creepy. Then she leaves.

Time passed pretty quickly after that.

4 years later
    I’m what 4 and half now. Kids around me playing with each other in enclosed space.

I decided that the best course of action is to scout out the competition. I remember what game told me when they stole me from my supposed home.

just because you’re on the same side doesn’t make you friends

From what I observed we’re most likely the bad guys, so betreyal is a must.

I found few that peaked my interest.
    [​IMG]Sorry couldn't find other images of 4 year old adora
    Adora
    Human
    STR:77
    AGI:17
    DEX:47
    INT:11
    WIS:23
    CHA:35
    Lvl:6
    HP:7700/7700
    Her stats be bullshit! All because her perk that adds ridiculous amount of STR but surprisingly doesn’t increase INT. Next!
    [​IMG]
    Catra
    Felinid
    STR:9
    AGI:65
    DEX:45
    INT:25
    WIS:13
    CHA:13
    Lvl:4
    HP:900/900
    Both of them are pretty bullshit. Yep!

Now I wasn’t lolligagging around. I managed to reach level 4!...

Ok, look the way I gained exp is through simple quests like: Learn how to walk and Make your bed.

They’re baby steps ok! Don’t judge me! As for why such a low level in four years it’s because we’ve only started making our beds a year ago and the quest pops in every once in a while, not literally every time I do my bed, so yeah, the progress is kinda slow.

Plus I got race points with the level up. Novakid race increases everything except WIS
    Stats reveal youself!

Markus
    Novakid
    STR:21
    AGI:23
    DEX:21
    INT:50
    WIS:17
    CHA:36
    SP:20
    HP:305/305
    MP:351/351
    Still have those 20 points

I should propably puti t somewhere where I won’t stand out too much. Hmm 6 points to WIS, another 6 to AGI and DEX and 2 points to INT.

Also having reached 50 in a stat gave met his perk

You have 50 Points of INT.

Perk gained.
    Basic inventions: You understand and are capable of making primitive machines.

Sadly I didn’t see any fire to manipulate. I can’t generate it. Whitch is weird considering I’m part star but whatever.

Markus
    Novakid
    STR:21
    AGI:29
    DEX:27
    INT:52
    WIS:23
    CHA:36
    SP:0
    HP:305/305
    MP:373/373

I feel only slightly better about myself.

„Hey, wanna join us?“ I am brought from my mussing by none other than Adora herself.

„Huh sorry I wasn’t paying attention. Join you for what?“ I ask with a smile.

„We were playing tag but just the two of us isn’t exactly fun.“ She says.

„Forget him Adora. Let’s find someone fun.“ Wow aren’t you a rude one.

Quest: Play tag
    Play tag with Adora and Catra till they get bored.
    Reward: 50 Exp, Increased closeness with Adora and Catra
    „Sure, I’ll join. Just to prove puss-puss here wrong.“ I grin. A snort comes from Adora as she covers her mouth to try and fail to cover her laughter.

Catra’s response is a slap on my shoulder you‘re it!“ Immediatly she turned away and ran as fast as she could. Being a literal cat person means she’s pretty fast.

At least Adora isn’t as fast meaning that I have a snowflake of a chance in hell of catching up to her.
    I look at Adora and…

Where’s Adora? How long have I been standing here!? I franticaly look around trying to find Adora and spot her hiding behind a group of kids.

I sneak around others, some giving me weird looks others outright ignoring me. Adora pokes her head out like antilope looking through the high grass for danger.

I smile and hide under my, classmates? Peers? One or the other. Adora became more worried. Her head turning increasing, trying to catch a whim of me.

I’m closing in my grin widening. Closer, closer and leap!

„You’re it!“ I shout as I’m practicaly touching her back. Her entire body whips around, grabs my hand and then judo throws me!

-50 HP
    HP 255/305

That hurt way more than I thought it would.

„Ow.“ I finaly manage to groun out.

She puts her hands over her mouth. „Oh I’m so sorry. I don’t know what came over me.“

I don’t respond only wave for her to come closer. She crouches next to me. I slowly reach her shoulder with my hand and pat it.

„You’re it.“ I say with a smile.

„You cheeky!“

I wink at her and do finger guns.

„What‘s with the commotion!“ Shadow weaver bursts in. Her look reminding me of someone with migraine until she immediatly schooled it back to her proffesional emotionless mask.

She spots me and Adora, my hands still in the finger gun pose. SHe looked unimpressed.

„Adora, Markus, with me. Now!“

Quest completed
    +50Exp
    125/125
    Level up!
    150/150
    Level up!
    155/175
    SP:12

We get up, I ignore the notifications, and start walking out of the room, leaving other children behind, I spot Catra in between other holding a small frown.

Going down a dark hallway. Stoping infront of doors guarded by two soldiers. As shadow weaver enters they salute. We stop unsure if we should follow her. She becons us to follow.

The room is cylindrical, in the middle stands a big ruby gem.

The black Garnet

My eyes bugged out a little.

She grabbed Adora by the shoulder and dragged her to her desk. Then she looks at me and says.

„There’s a desk on the other side of the room go there. You’ll have a paper waiting for you too.

Without question I walk to my desk and look at the paper.

It’s math. Basic math. Like first grade but instead of apples you have tasers. I snort.

„Does this seem funny to you?“ I hear shadow weaver right behind me.

„No shadow weaver.“ I automatically reply.

„Then you won’t need my help filling this sheet, will you?“

My response was to take the pencil and immediatly fill out the answers. I was done in 5 minutes.

I look back and Shadow weaver is nowhere. I look back and my sheet is gone.

„Impressive for someone your age.“ I look back again. Again noone is present besides me on this side of the room. Back at the table another paper lies.

My left eye twitches. I fill it again. This time it was multiplication, division and some geometry. I start to fill it out but stop just before the geometry section.

Something doesn’t seem right. Realisticaly speaking how would I know geometry when this is my first time in this world being exposed to math. Multiplication and division is still somewhat passable as just eyeballing it about what their meanings are, but geometry? I shouldn’t know pi or how to calculate the surface area of a 3D object. So I stop without starting anything from geometry.

„Hmm, disappointing but in the end not unsurprising.“ Shadow weavers voice creeps in.

BITCH! I shouldn’t even know how to do the first part.

„Adora come here. Time to put both of your energies to some constructive use.“ She says as two soldier conveniently bring weights. I think those are weights.

„If you fail to lift the weight I give you, you’ll have to spend time trying to lift other weights till say you can stop. Undertand?“ We just nodded.

She gave Adora a 10 kg dumbell and me a 5 kg dumbell. Is she underestimating me?

I try to lift it but.

Your current avarage lifting limit is 2,9 kg.

I’m pretty sure other four year olds can lift more than that, I think. Screw it I’m putting all 12 points into STR bringing it to 41.

Your current lifting avarage is 4,1 kg.

I try again and actualy manage to get it of the ground, alas it doesn’t last and falls down with a clank.

I look how Adora’s doing and immediatly do a double take. Her face is completely red and she actually managed to lift ti all the way up to her torso. What is her strenght.

Adora
    STR:79
    It increased this fast!? I immediatly try again and again, over and over again I try to lift the dumbell.

I’m panting like a dog that just ran a marathon.

Adora
    STR:81

It increased again! That’s it! She’s the messiah.

Your strenght increased by 1.

You’re mocking me. Aren’t you system?

I continued to lift it.

„Adora you may stop. I’ll call for you tomorrow.“ Shadow weaver said.

„You on the other hand need to increase your physical strenght.“

The hell she‘s on about? Adora barely lifted the 10 kg weights! I look at the retreating form of Adora.

Adora
    STR:103
    Fast Adaptation: Till the age of 13 your stats wil improve at faster rate.

Just. Why?

„Lift these weight until I come back. Believe me, I’ll know if you really did train.

Her voice sent shivers down my spine. Don’t piss her off.

I shakely nod and start pumping.

By the end I increased my STR by 5.

After that she ketp calling us every day. Eventually she brought Catra as well.

Another four years passed after that.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  2. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

If we heat ourselves up to 1000* C, that will at least protect us from cold areas.

Another interesting premise. Watched!

3. fmriver

fmriver Know what you're doing yet?

This is the fandom I am watching as I think it'll grow so great to see a gamer fic for it! Will Markus ever figure out he's in She-Ra, or will he not know the series?

4. lancelot

lancelot Grand High Poobah

It can only be an improvement from the series, kind of hope you use character portraits that don't look like cross dressers.

Zentari2238, Bigreader and Chaospawn like this.
  5. mkasana

He is somewhat based on me. Kinda pretty sure I'm not that willing to get into physical activity. Then again he gets a reward for it.
    Anyway since he is based of off me, he nver watched She-ra the original, only heard about it and saw the He-man and She-ra christmas special because of Nostalgia critic.
    Pretty sure his reaction to finding out that she's She-ra would propably be:
    *Adora transforms to She-ra*
    *Markus looks at the sky*
    Markus:
    Universe, am I a joke to you?

Zentari2238 likes this.
  6. kurogakuro

kurogakuro Not too sore, are you?

An interesting enough start.

Not a fan of saving points and grinding stats huh?

Although I suppose it makes it stand out from other gamer stories where they hold onto points and grind all day. Gonna keep an eye on this cause She-ra seems interesting and not a lot of stories on that fandom.

7. Threadmarks: 2. For the Hugz
    mkasana

8 years after being born in another world

I am brought from my blissful sleep by someone poking me in the back.
    [​IMG]
    Looking behind me, I see Catra sleeping, one of her legs slightly kicking me in the back.

“Catra stop it!” I whisper.

“Five more minutes.” She says sleepily.

I flick her forehead. She groggily opens her eyes and looks at me with a dazed look.

“What do you want Mark?” She says already starting to close her eyes.

“You should stop sleeping next to me, it’s really annoying waking up with you kicking me in the back.” I tell her.

“But you’re like a warm blanket. It’s so comfy sleeping next to you.” She pleads her case.

Yeah, funny thing about me. The older I get the more heat I generate.

I look at the ceiling and after few moments arrive to a conclusion. I will not fall asleep again.

The heat thing is actually very problematic, because we have lizard people here and boy, oh boy, do they love places with a lot of heat.

There’s that lizard kid named Rogelio. He is part of a squad that shadow weaver put us in.

Adora, Catra, Lonny, Kyle, me and Rogelio.

Most of the time we spend by fighting those cute ball-bots. Their lasers are surprisingly mild, definitely not what I expected from well lasers that heat up the walls so much they turn a slight shade of red.

As I start to get up Catra twitches and mumbles something. It would seem the absence of her heater, aka me, has not gone unnoticed.

My relationship with her is… complicated to put it mildly.

She likes to use me as the aforementioned heater, but she also keeps pestering me with verbal jabs and poking. Most of the time I ignore them. It usually works but there are cases when she just doesn’t stop until Adora tells her of.

Why am I not doing anything about it personally? Well I don’t really see it as a problem she’s bored, so she passes time by bothering me which I ignore and read a book or something.

I think she’s doing it mostly because she thinks I’ll steal Adora from her.

Which is ridiculous. Adora’s a slow hard hitter whilst Catra is a fast DPS type. I’m just a support from the sideline that occasionally jump forwards to help make for a push if we’re stuck in a position too long.

Otherwise we’re not really talking much. In fact, I talk to Catra more than I do Adora. Even when I point that out, she keeps on saying that we’re talking behind her back! She is the most insecure person I have ever met.

I tried to help her get through this insecurity since it can become a problem later on, but next to no progress on that front.

Where was I again? Oh yeah Rogelio.

Like most lizard people in the horde that I’ve met he’s tall and well scaly.

And it would seem that since I have no problem with Catra using me as a heater, he decided that he’ll do the same.

I swear if by the end of all this I’m going to be covered by humanoid animals I’ll burn the entire world. I think as the very thought makes me shudder in disgust.

In the end I managed to make a deal with him. He can use me as his portable sun for one hour a day. So, I guess that’s a small victory for me since I won’t be bruised by that scaly skin of his too much.

What time is it anyway? I look at the time under the minimap.

05:39
    Ok, still have time before Shadow weaver comes to shout at us. It was around five that I actually noticed that I looked different from my self in the previous life. Kinda hoped there would be an editor or character creator.

My hair was red. What red? I dunno. I mean my hair can glow if I get angry enough, going from this dark red to a lively yellow, so no I don’t know what color my hair should be if someone asks me properly.
    And supposedly my eyes can also glow, otherwise they stay a dark gold color. I wouldn’t know since I never really notice. Plus, this place has a thing against mirrors. The only one I saw was at Shadow weavers place.

Since I can’t really move without Catra the Garfield-wannabe complaining about it I guess I’ll stay still. For how much longer?
    05:40

20 minutes, right.
    How much has changed in those 4 years that I’ve been with my team, you might ask.

Well I managed to reach level 28. Now I know what you’re thinking. Only 24 levels in 4 years? What are you lazy?
    The answer is both yes and no.

Yes, I am lazy however when I actually got motivated to get better, I was shut down by Shadow weaver. She said something like ´ I won’t spend robots for you when they can be used elsewhere. ´

This does not mean that I had nothing to do. No Shadow weaver made sure I had always something to do.

In the end my stats became what in most scenarios would be called ridiculous when compared to other RPGs.

Markus
    Novakid
    STR:259
    AGI: 215
    DEX: 161
    INT: 230
    WIS: 125
    CHA: 156
    SP: 0
    HP: 2095/2095
    MP: 1647/1647
    ----------------------------------------
    Perks gained for 50 in stats
    50 STR
    Basic Lifter
    You can lift 10% more weight.

50 AGI
    Basic acrobatics
    You can move like an acrobat, not great bud still useful.

50 DEX
    Basic instincts
    Most people's instincts are blunt thanks to modern technology, but you can rely on them for better accuracy, reaction time increased by 10%

50 WIS
    Lesser magic density
    You possess the magic of lesser magical beings + 10% to MP

50 CHA
    Pretty boy
    People tolerate you more.
    Perks gained for 100 in stats
    100 AGI
    Ambidextrous
    You can use both hands with equal efficiency.

100 DEX
    Intent detection
    You can detect intent whatever kind it may be towards you.

100 CHA
    Poster boy
    People take you more seriously
    Skills gained from stats reaching 100
    100 STR
    Power strike
    Level: 20
    Your attack does additional 125 % more damage.

100 INT
    Mental speed up
    You can speed up your thought process with mana by 90%, Costs 100MP/s.

100 WIS
    Meditation
    Level: 15
    Increases regeneration of MP by 500%, increases HP regeneration by 200%, can't move from spot.

Now I know what you’re thinking pretty overpowered, right?

Hell no! My reaction time is 0,08 seconds. If I remember correctly average human has a reaction time of 0,15 seconds. I can react at twice the speed of a normal human. It makes sense I am the gamer; my life is literally controlled by numbers appearing in front of me. Yet somehow Catra and Adora are faster in terms reaction time.

Catra can still be explained by her being a Felinid, a humanoid cat but, Adora who is completely human? I have no goddamned idea.
    Catra’s reaction time of 0,04 seconds four times the human.
    Adora has 0,06 seconds. Just how?

Then it comes to people like Shadow weaver whose stats are literal question marks. Just how strong is she?
    Then there is Hordak. Our boss, the guy I never even met in person or through transmission.
    However, following the rules of anime, he’s probably stronger than Shadow weaver.

Also, every time I hear his name my mind gets filled with Skeletor going ´NYEH! ´ and I don’t know why.
    I check the time again

05:59
    Convenient.
    “Catra, wake up. Shadow weaver will show up soon. Don’t want to make her angry now, do we?”

Catra opens her eyes slightly
    “Shadow weaver can kiss my-“
    “Kiss your what?”

A slightly raspy voice asks. Catra immediately stands in attention.
    Shadow weaver appeared before us. She then looked at me

“Good, you’re awake, you have 10 minutes to wake everyone in your squad and make sure their ready for today’s training.” She tells us and then just leaves in a puff of ashen smoke.

Catra still stands there frozen. I decide to shake her a bit. She immediately reacts by trying to claw at me.

I, of course dodge back.
    “Sorry I just wanted to make sure you’re alright. You keep doing that whenever Shadow weaver’s around.” I tell her somewhat concerned. Seriously every damn time she’s about to say something stupid and Shadow weavers near she just freezes.

“C’mon, let’s go wake everyone.”

She immediately goes to wake Adora, who is the heaviest sleeper I have had the displeasure of meeting in both of my lives.
    It’ll take a while so I must wake everyone else.

First Lonny.
    [​IMG]
    Walk towards her bunk.
    “Lonny wakey, wakey. We have a new assignment to do.”
    Her response is a pillow to the face.

I just stare at her with unamused expression as she turns in her bed, her back facing me.
    “Adora wants to cut your dreads again.” I tell her.

An immediate reaction. She spins in her bed so fast she actually lifts off of it. Her arm moving forwards at incredible speed. The momentum generated by that punch carries her from her bed.

Sadly for her there is a 1 meter distance between me and her so when she flies forwards gravity decides to play around and she falls face first onto the metal floor.

She gets up and glares at me. Oh, I’m gonna get it later. Meh, been there done that.

I hear slaps behind me. So, I look and see Catra slapping Adora silly till she wakes.
    Meh, average morning.

Next Rogelio
    [​IMG]
    Waking him is really easy I just have to hold his tail for few seconds, and he wakes up.
    And by I, I mean only me. Nobody else can really do that. Perks of being part star, I guess.
    I wait those few moments and Rogelio’s up.

Next is Kyle.

I grab him by the leg and drag him from bed. That jolts him right up.
    “What? Who? Where?” He looks around frantically. His gaze falls on me.

“O-oh, um, hi Markus. Thanks for waking me up.” He says weakly. For life’s sake grow a pair and stand up for yourself for once.
    Rogelio gives me the stink eye. See even Rogelio calls me out on this bullshit. Even though when someone fuck something up it’s usually you who takes the blame.

Don’t look at me that way Rogelio. I know you see him as your little brother but that doesn’t mean you are innocent. I’ve seen you throw him under the metaphorical bus several times as well.

I look at how Catra’s doing.
    [​IMG]
    She’s pulling Adora’s cheeks.

Not doing well it seems.

I walk towards Catra and still sleeping Adora. Catra looks at me inquisitively. I just sit on the floor in that unpronounceable Japanese style, put Adora’s head on my thighs, basically making it a thigh pillow and put my hands on her cheeks.

For a while nothing happens.

The she wakes up with a sound of slight pain.
    She starts rubbing her cheeks, which are now crimson red.

“Ow, who did that?!” She asked with a pout.

“Well, after Catra gave you few slaps across your face and pinched your cheeks to another dimension, I decided to manipulate heat in my body and move it to my hands. End result, I stung you with heat.” I tell her calmly.

“It really hurts.” She tells me.
    “That’s the slaps. It should fade in a short while.” Then a moment of silence. A very awkward type of silence.

“So why did you wake us?” Lonny asks.
    “Simple. Shadow weaver has a new assignment for us and wants us to be ready in-“How long? I check the time on minimap again.
    06:08
    “-in about 2 minutes.” Those minutes seemed like eternity. Everyone’s grouchy in the morning. Except me, you know gamer and all that.

After those 2 minutes Shadow weaver appears.
    She looks at us, then nods.

“You will be assigned a new kind of training designed by Lord Hordak himself. It is in experimental phase and he needs someone who’s good and new. So, be ready.”

She prepares to leave, and we decide to follow her only for her to stop and look at us with what I guess is the closest face we’ll get to concerned.

“And one more thing. Survive.” What kind of training is this going to be?!

More importantly I look into Shadow weaver’s superhero white eyes and see genuine worry.
    I smile a little. Closest thing we have to a mom. Not great by any stretch of imagination but certainly not the worst.
    I’ll do my best to not fail, for you.

AN: Sorry for the long wait. I really got into updating Tig bitties.
    Also added images to first chapter.

8. Exist Error

Exist Error Versed in the lewd.

Hey, I took a look at what is Novakid on google and I must say I liked the look of them, I had never played starbound so I did not know what they were, now two questions

1: MC will be able to transform into an appearance of a full blooded Novakid?,
    because the appearance in the images that I see is very cool and it would be a shame never to have the appearance even if it was temporary, it could be kinda like the tranformation of She-ra

2: from what I saw in the status the MC passed the 200 in STR, AGI and INT, and the STR is in the 250, the question is: should the MC not have gained more skills for having reached these points?

9. mkasana

1. Eventualy yes. He just needs the right conditions.

2. The way perks and skills gained through stats work is that you get them at 50, 100, 500, 1000, 5000 and so on.every 10 you get three skills from your stats chosen at random every 50 you get only perks. I did it because in this version of the system our character can level up very quickly. In order to prevent power creep I made it that way.

Hope that clears it up a little

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  10. NowaifuNolaifu

NowaifuNolaifu Oh myyyyy...

So i kept away from the show because of how dangerously sjw-ish it seemed so i dint know a thing but... are they being rised by the baddies?

11. mkasana

In the beginning Adora si raised by the Horde and Shadow weaver is pretty much the closest thing she has to a mother. SUrprisingly enough it's the Horde's side (Bad guys) that has the most interesting characters. Adora is propably from my point of view the most interesting on the good guys side. She constantly has to fight Catra ( her sister in all but blood).
    And Catra? She gets treated like shit through out the show. It's aware of it and season two shows her loosing her sanity, because she wants to be the second in command next to Hordak.
    Out of all the the episodes the only one I hold in genuine dislike in almost every aspect except animation and Adora, is the 7th episode of season 2, where we meet Bow's parents who are both men and gay and somehow he has 14 brothers.
    My problems isn't that they're gay but that it's constantly showed so much down our throats that it makes me want to puke out my insides. The sad thing is that it has plot important things that simply shouldn't be skipped. THough there were few things that I laughed at and they were intentionaly funny.

I personaly never watched the original or read any comics until I watched this She-ra. So I don't really hold it in the same opinion as others.
    Obviously I'll make some changes in the story. Choosing to turn into a Novakid will have its own consequences.

Chaospawn likes this.
  12. Jancactus

Jancactus Getting sticky.

Aren't Novakids not one of the chosen races by the Nurturer, Cultivator, whatever that diety thing was because they're fragments of that thing's essence? The Cultivator, not the other thing. Disclaimer: It has been a while since I last seriously looked into the lore of Starbound.

13. mkasana

Yep, pretty much every playable race is a part of his essence and teh gems you collect are the distilation of those races and are used as a key to unlock the final boss. At least that is my interpretation of it, except the boss part that does happen in the game.

14. NowaifuNolaifu

The catgirl needs hugs got it.

Gonna have to become the catwrangler if she refuses to stop taking it that seriously.

Also, is MC gonna learn cqc at some point? Heating up to 1000°C seem's like it'd be useful for grapling.

... Oh my god. I just realized... IF adora switches sides and starkid doesn't, then he'd have to become the emotional support to keep the team running smoothly. This could go from a rivalry-enemity-yuri crush to a rivalry-enemity-bicurious-about-friend-and-yuri-crush-over-other-friend love triangle. We'd be hitting levels of telenovela never before seen in cartoons

RandomLurker likes this.
  15. jo demon

jo demon Undertale, Yay

Interesting, though it annoyed me that your quotation marks in the first chapter are odd.

16. NowaifuNolaifu

MAybe he's from japan or somewhere around there? OR using a computer with those settings. LN brackets are these L symbols with the same placing

17. jo demon

jo demon Undertale, Yay

except the second chapter has normal markings.

18. mkasana

Nope, I'm from central europe. That's just how speech marks are where I'm from.

19. OrigamiPhoenix

OrigamiPhoenix Getting sticky.

This is interesting. The character interactions are fantastic.

Does anyone know of other She-Ra SI fics? Can't find any.

20. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

You know, kinda dissapointed you're not a pure blooded Novakid, and the fact you kinda skipped out on the most interesting aspects of the Novakids. That being that they're a species with such massive HADD that they swing wildly from a star faring species to a tribal society because they never teach anything to their kids and they're smart enough that they basically invent their tech tree from scratch every few generations.

They're the best.

In fact, I think a normal Novakid would be able to intuitively figure out all of the math given to them in childhood first go, and then get bored while halfway through advanced calculus because it's too simple, and start doodling some engineering diagrams freehand for a complex Rube Goldberg machine designed to launch a bucket of water at Catra in the morning.

EDIT: Apparently this isn't an SI, despite having literally every trait of an SI what with the meta knowledge (Even if he doesn't know the setting), he's also a reincarnation with an adult mentality that means he avoids some obvious issues that could have happened that he realistically shouldn't know if this is actually his first life.

Honestly, this isn't an OC, I know that's what it's listed as, but this is essentially an SI without the Self, an Original Insert so to say.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  21. mkasana

As far as I know the only fics that exist are either Catra being She-ra or some redemption of her. That and a lot of lemons if archive of our own is to be used as an example.
    Not a lot for oc/SI fics as much as I wish for them to exist.
    It's one of the reasons why I decided to write this fic.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    OrigamiPhoenix likes this.
  22. jo demon

jo demon Undertale, Yay

I'm writing something, though who knows if I'll get it off the ground, but it'd be over in the NSFW section, regardless.

23. Threadmarks: 3. For the Missionz
    mkasana

We were walking towards the Hall of Pain.

Stupid name? Yes, but no one would tell that to Hordak to his face now would they. The path towards it is increasingly more ridiculous looking the closer we get.

It starts as any other hallway in the fright zone, but then it gets slightly gothic taste mixed in. A cyber-gothic if you will. Then it goes full blown gothic but instead of stone ceiling trying to reach for the heavens it’s made of steel.

After that it goes into some Dark eldar shit. Cuz’ holy emperor that’s a lot of spikes, spikes everywhere, spikes on spikes on spikes. Almost makes you feel if he’s compensating for something.
    And the place is a very dark purple, almost forgot about that because spikes.

When were pretty much in front of the door things are just so bland. Walls are covered in cables with some glowing bits just for the sake of cool, since I can’t find any reason that would demand glowing wires that are the size of your head and be out in the open.

We come to a halt as Shadow weaver turns towards us.
    “When you enter you will bow before Hordak. There will be no bickering, no snickering and no backtalk. Understood?” She said the last one with a glare aimed at Catra.

We all nod and enter walking in a line behind Shadow weaver. First is Adora as our captain, right behind her is Catra, then me and Lonny, at whom I keep sneaking looks because she will definitely try something as repayment for her rude awakening. I sweat a little at that. She can be really mean when it comes to that.

[Warning! You have entered a lair of a Boss enemy whose level is extremely greater, caution advised.]
    [Following auras in effect]
    [Will of the Horde: Boss can call upon endless number of troops during the fight]
    [Fright zone effect: Negative emotions will empower the Boss enemy. The severity and the amount of people suffering from said emotions will increase Bosses stats exponentially]
    [Evil Prime: Boss possesses great mind enhanced by the knowledge granted by Horde Prime]

“Lord Hordak.” Shadow weaver announces, putting her right arm on her chest and gives a little bow.
    [​IMG]
    Lord Hordak
    The Supreme General of The Horde
    Unknown specie
    HP: ???/???
    MP: ???/???

Dayum, look at that big boi!

Now let’s see here.
    “You took your time Shadow weaver.” Raspy voice. Check.
    Ominous red eyes. Check
    His upper body hidden by a shadow that will probably not be casted afterwards only showing his evil glowing eyes. Check.

“My apologies Lord Hordak. Next time I’ll make sure to that they prepare faster.” Shadow weaver says still in bow.
    Meanwhile me and others form a line next to Shadow weaver. Left of Shadow weaver is Adora next to her is Catra then me, and the rest is the same as when we walked in.

“As you have been informed, I have decided to change the training of our troops and am in need of volunteers.” Lord Hordak tells us as he gets up from the edge throne. Yes, that is what I’m going to call it from now on. His face finally revealed, showing his pale as snow face. Is that natural for his kind or is he painting himself with a bucket of paint every morning?
    His hair looks like something a kid that just entered puberty would find cool.

“Shadow weaver said that you are more than adequate for this experiment and as she has yet to disappoint me-” Wow. Either this guy is easy to please and easy to disappoint or worse he’s hard to please and easy to disappoint.
    I get the easy to disappoint, hard to please kinda vibe from him.

“-I’ll put my faith in her choice. If she fails, she has no one but herself to blame.”

He gestured with his hand and several holographic panels appeared above him. The one on the left had an image of a spooky forest. In the middle was the topographical map of said forest and on the right the holograph showed various creatures that inhabited it.

“This area is known as The Shimmering woods. It stands between The Fright zone and Brightmoon. It is considered extremely dangerous due to its inhabitants.” He tells us as one of the panels shows all manner of creatures, some of them looking straight out of kids’ book.

“In order to make our military more effective I have decided to try a test run where you will have to complete a mission in The Shimmering woods. What you’re looking for is an Old one’s relic. You will bring it or will not return at all! Understood?” His voice became more threatening when it reached the end. We just nodded in understanding.
    Did he perhaps got infected with the villain flu? The one that makes everyone around you the ones who are to blame instead of yourself. Probably.

“Take whatever resources Shadow weaver allows you to take and do not disappoint me.

Thus, we leave to the armory

“Is everyone ready?” I ask as everyone packs their bags with supplies.

“For the last time Markus, yes.” Adora says with annoyed look.
    “Catra has first aid. Lonny has rope and other tools, Rohelio brought weapons and Kyle has food supplies. “She counts them of on her fingers until she stops and looks at me.
    “What did you pack?”

“Explosives.” Everyone just stared at me.
    “What?”

“Explosives. Really? That’s it.” Lonny says with one eyebrow held high.

“Well I also packed few engineering tools like wrenches and electronics if I need to make some time limited bombs or long-distance explosives. What did you pack Adora?”

“A bit of everything really.” I just nod.

I come to Shadow weaver who looks at me for a moment before looking back at her display.
    “Shadow weaver.”
    “What do you want Markus.” She asks surprisingly without any of her usual anger that she is known for.

“I’d like to request a bot for our mission and use it to carry some of our supplies.”
    I mean I have inventory but trying to explain how I managed to put most of our supplies into a pocket dimension probably wouldn’t go well for me. They’d call me crazy.

“Request denied. Most of our bots are either in repairs or in the field. The new batch won’t arrive for another week. Is that a sufficient explanation for you?” Ah, she knows me so well. To answer my questions before I ask them.
    I nod at her explanation.

“Understood.”

When we’re ready we get on a transport and depart.
    The trip is pretty silent. Adora is in deep thought, Catra is looking around the inside of the vehicle excited to be inside it, like a kid. Wait, we are kids, that just makes it depressing.
    Kyle is taking a nap and Rogelio just stares blankly at the wall opposite of him. As for Lonny. She kept glancing at me, and my backpack filled with explosives.

Jeez, have a little faith in me would ya’. I’m an amateurish professional I know what I’m doing.

Eventually we come to a stop and the driver turns his head back at us.
    “Ok, this is as far as I can take you. The Shimmering woods are just up ahead. I’ll be waiting here for you to return. Unless something forces me to retreat, in that case good luck.”

So, we leave the troop transport and Adora starts to give out orders.
    “Markus, Rohelio you’ll watch our flank, Lonny watch our back and you Kyle, try not to die. Catra and I will be in the front. Now let’s get moving.”

We start to move through the thick foliage. Trees all look the same and I’m sure that if we didn’t have the data pad that keeps track of the signature on it, we would be lost.

“I spy with my little eye something brown.” Kyle thought it would be fun to play I spy, which honestly was a stupid idea and only served to lessen my opinion of him.
    I seriously need to shove some testosterone into him because holy moly does, he need to grow a pair and stand up for himself.

How long have we been walking?

12:00

We arrived around 9:00. Meaning we’ve been walking in one direction for over 3 hours. How the fuck aren’t we there yet!

“Hey Adora! How long we gonna keep walking?” She stopped making us do the same.

“I don’t know. The signal just keeps telling me to move forward.”

Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me.
    “Adora give me the data pad.” She frowns at me and looks back at the tablet. Then she looks back and hands it to me.

Let’s see, the programs seem to be in order, no visible damage to the electronics.
    Wait. There is some interference.

I take few of my tools that I packed with my explosives and got to work on fixing the issue.
    “We should take a break. This will take a while.”

Adora nodded and gave everyone else roles to keep guard and to make sure everyone is fed and hydrated.

I feel something heavy on my back. Then a fluff of hair hits my head.

“Catra what are you doing? I am in the middle of something important right now.”

She just snorted.
    “I’m just making sure you’re not gonna get ambushed from behind.”

“That is the worst excuse you ever gave for being lazy.” I deadpan as I take the screwdriver.

“Meh, don’t care.” Is all she says and starts purring.
    ….
    It’s like a massage, so I guess it’s not a problem for me as much as I thought it would be.

30 minutes later

“How long is it going to take Markus?” Asks Lonny.

“As long as necessary. In other words, around 5 more minutes and we should be ready to go.”

“Just hurry it up. This place gives me the creeps.” Not just you my dear Lonny. Rogelio is becoming more and more paranoid. There is no place good enough for us to hide or make a choke point for a potential enemy. We are pretty much sitting ducks.
    Kyle looks like he’s about to cry. I think. I mean he’s shivering like it’s below 0 CO.

Adora is probably the only one who is calm. On the outside at least, wouldn’t be surprised if something was bothering her.

Catra? She’s still sleeping, leaning against my back.

And done.
    “Ok it should work now.” I start it up and it shows that it’s only 500 meters east.

“Ok, let’s go east.” I get up which causes Catra to fall to the ground, rudely waking her up.

“What’s the big idea!” She asks pissed off.

“We’re moving Catra. Let’s go.” Adora tells her.
    Catra blinks a few times and nods.

As we move the tablet detects movement.

What? It needed an upgrade and as the result shows, it was a good idea.

“Something’s coming! West, within 10 seconds.”

Everyone gets ready for a fight in their own way.

Adora and Lonny take out their tasers, Catra extends her claws, Rogelio takes out his gun from his backpack. And Kyle takes his pistol and aims in the general direction we were aiming at.

Maybe he’s not as spineless after all.

The ground starts to tremble and gives out in front of us.

Ancient Dracobug
    HP: 120 000/120 000
    Level: 50

Let’s hope we’ll survive. There’s five of us. We can do this.

I take a deep breath and smile. Let’s get to it then.

AN: I am a bit tired so sorry if the writing is a bit off.

24. lancelot

lancelot Grand High Poobah

I've got to say I'm disappointed this isn't in NSFW, if any series needed a good dicking it's this one.

Chaospawn and Furian like this.
  25. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

You know, normally when I see a character with 100K+ health my first thought is "Run the fuck away".

But then I remember that 10 in a stat is the baseline for an infant and remember that it's probably closer to a bear.

Esiw likes this.
  26. Bigreader

Bigreader Doom. Boom!

Wow I don't know if anyone here has actually watch the original cartoon of She-Ra that had hordak in it but this Hordak, if this image is accurate it's like someone took the universal classic Dracula look and combined it with the original hordak and somehow made both of them less cool. I mean if this character knows anything about the original series even with high stats that should be very underwhelming, I am very underwhelmed

Simonbob likes this.
  27. Furian

Furian Just here to deliver chicken

Thank you. I did not realize this.

And I'm now wondering why I've been waiting all the time for the cast to grow up.

28. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

mkasana likes this.
  29. Extras: Markus- Char. sheet
    mkasana

• Markus
      Novakid
      STR:259
      AGI: 215
      DEX: 161
      INT: 230
      WIS: 125
      CHA: 156
      SP: 0
      HP: 2095/2095
      MP: 1647/1647
      HP Regen: 33,9 HP/s
      MP Regen: 27,97 MP/s
      Average lift capability: 28,49 kg
      Reflexes: 0,085 seconds

Money:

1000 Hord Tokens

• Race Perks

Too hot to handle
      Your body can reach 1200 CO however doing so will result in overheating and may knock you unconscious.

Fire boy
      You are immune to heat damage so long as it’s less than 1200 CO otherwise every 500 CO you’ll receive increasing damage of 50.

No fan of Frozen throne
      Cold biomes make your fire-based attacks 25% weaker. Ice attack do 25% more damage to you. You ‘re more sensitive to cold.

Perks gained for 50 in stats
      50 STR
      Basic Lifter
      You can lift 10% more weight.

50 AGI
      Basic acrobatics
      You can move like an acrobat, not great bud still useful.

50 DEX
      Basic instincts
      Most people's instincts are blunt thanks to modern technology, but you can rely on them for better accuracy, reaction time increased by 10%

50 WIS
      Lesser magic density
      You possess the magic of lesser magical beings + 10% to MP

50 CHA
      Pretty boy
      People tolerate you more.
      Perks gained for 100 in stats
      100 AGI
      Ambidextrous
      You can use both hands with equal efficiency.

100 DEX
      Intent detection
      You can detect intent whatever kind it may be towards you.

100 CHA
      Poster boy
      People take you more seriously

• Race Skills
      Basic Fire manipulation
      You possess small control over fire

Skills gained from stats reaching 100
      100 STR
      Power strike
      Your attack does additional 125 % more damage.

100 INT
      Mental speed up
      You can speed up your thought process with mana by 90%, Costs 100MP/s.

100 WIS
      Meditation
      Level: 15
      Increases regeneration of MP by 500%, increases HP regeneration by 200%, can't move from spot.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    OrigamiPhoenix likes this.
  30. jo demon

jo demon Undertale, Yay

Hordak in the new show isn't well. Apparently the atmosphere of the planet disagrees with him, and beneath his armor, he has massive holes in his arms. Not that this makes him any less of a threat.
    [​IMG]

Bigreader and Furian like this.