1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. The Shadowmind

The Shadowmind Well worn.

So Taylia is currently stable until acted on by an outside force.
    So, how is Beth doing?

sephlington and PineTreeq like this.
  2. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

What makes you think that Taylor will change her orientation? Maybe Amelia will change genders, instead. Riley's done more difficult things before.
    She's trying to make sure that the healing is fairly distributed. If she doesn't, the PRT will distribute it according to what is most politically expedient.

PS: If you PM me your address, I will buy you a copy of Strunk & White thru Amazon.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    Beyogi, Ampersandwich and TanaNari like this.
  3. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Well, she hasn't tried to gouge out Amelia's eyes or rot her junk yet, so she's not even falling back on her usual ways of dealing with her issues.

On the other hand, Amelia has mindfucked Taylor, so I guess she's dealing with stress like usual.

4. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

uhhhhhh...her past approach to dealing with stress is using Extraordinary and unusual Violence, possibly even with her food too.

5. Empiricist

Empiricist GSV

Thanks for the answer. I've got a much clearer model now.

Edit:
    Not sure if that's at me, but no thanks. "I fixed that for you" comments would be much more appreciated.
    Frankly, you have my apologies if I had typos that did not convey my meaning clearly. If I had typo's that conveyed my meaning and you are commenting from pedantry. . . well, then I don't have a polite reply for what you can go do to yourself with a rusty chainsaw.

Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  6. Eevin

Eevin Getting out there.

Can we get a bit of slice-of-life cuddle time? We really need more happy between Endbringers. Something short and silly and happy? Please?

TanaNari likes this.
  7. GiftofLove

You guys want even more Missy and Riley? C'mon, give the poor girls a break.

8. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

i found some juicy Jack Bauer fact memes, and i'm going to replace his name with character from from this story because they actually match. Jack Bauer Facts

#1062 3.43 Jack Bauer Lisa doesn't need a translator, torture sounds the same in every language.
    #2727 3.46 Jack Bauer Missy sleeps with a night light because the dark is afraid of Jack Bauer her girlfriend.
    #2115 3.44 Jack Bauer Riley is the only reason why Waldo is hiding.
    #3591 3.60 if Jack Bauer Taylor was a Spartan in the movie 300, the movie would be called 1.
    #55 3.34 If Jack Bauer Contessa was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers Taylor , and she had a gun with 2 bullets, she'd shoot Taylor twice...:D

9. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Y'know what? I wasn't quite planning that... but it's been a while since I've had a Taylor/Amelia happy arc, or a lot of their presence at all... so, yeah, I think I'm feeling this idea.

We'll see what I think of it when I get some honest sleep instead of random naps that don't last.

10. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

*mails off membership card*

Snake/Eater and Ampersandwich like this.
  11. GiftofLove

Nothing honest goes on in that bed Pepperjack. It's a den of deceit and lies.

Snake/Eater and Ampersandwich like this.
  12. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

I... don't get it?

13. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Missy & Riley are d'aww factories.

Regarding Amelia & Taylor, it could be entertaining if they got some "will-they-or-won't-they" play, where it seems like they are about to say / do something to clarify / progress their relationship, when they're suddenly interrupted. Every single time.

The final time, it's Victoria, who interrupts the scene and proceeds to steal the show.

Snake/Eater, PineTreeq and TanaNari like this.
  14. powerofvoid

powerofvoid Versed in the lewd.

I'm an Ogre fan too, but my impression is that BOLOs are friendlier.

Ack likes this.
  15. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

Extra "the".
    For one beautiful instant, I managed to delude myself into thinking that said "my woman".
    Are we going to have a third surprisingly chaste power bond?
    The only powerful Thinker pair I can think of that's left is Dragon/GU...

Fuck. And now I'm shipping Dragon/GU, for 'tis a wonderful kismesis... Can you tell I just finished rereading Silencio?Ia ia Shipping Chart ftagn!

Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  16. Jackercracks

Jackercracks At Two With Nature

So Vicky just unveiled two new powers after 140 pages of no mentions whatsoever of electricity or a breaker state. Minerva apparently didn't figure it out and tell everyone when she was explaining her powers, Clarice never pegged she was lying and told Missy, Emma didn't use whatever her relevant thing is, the shitloads of lie detector tech they all use never twigged it. Obviously using it against Endbringers in the past was too much hassle.

SwiftRosenthal and kenhikaru like this.
  17. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

I recall mentions of her electricity being used to power her armour since she got it, and statements that her Thinker powers are worthless against Endbringers and so there not being much point in not being in Warform since her second EB battle.

PineTreeq and TanaNari like this.
  18. Jackercracks

Could you toss me a quote on that?

19. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

Both from chapter 192, when she kills Baal, ie, her first outing with her new powers.
    Oh, and TanaNari, since I have it in a quotebox anyway, it should say "extent", not "extend".

TanaNari and Divabot like this.
  20. Jackercracks

Cool, totally forgot that over the intervening chapters.

Divabot likes this.
  21. Fouredged

Fouredged Experienced.

Yeah, I don't get the whole stagnation on the Tayelia front. Yes Amelia, Taylor, and Lisa are all not too interested in pushing buttons to try to fix things, but there is someone else who LOVES to use SCIENCE!

Seriously, there are more solutions to the Taylor being straight problem than permanent brain rewiring. I want to see Amelia's birthday roll around and for Riley to gift her with a remote control doll like Clarice that is A) male, B) perfectly calibrated to match Taylor's physical desire, and C) augmented with a fully accurate physical feedback system for the controller. There is no reason why Amy can't be a man whenever she wants to turn Taylor into a mewing mass or happy sensations. Their problem is as much physical (Amelia doesn't have a male body) as much as mental (Taylor only is attracted to male bodies).

The only issue is that Amelia will have to question why the doll is black, and why it is fully set up to impregnate Taylor with Amelia genes.

I could also see this happening after someone mentions to Riley that there are such things as marital aids. I see Missy being the one to do this.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    Simonbob, GladiusLucix and Divabot like this.
  22. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Riley doesn't realize there's a "problem". She thinks Amelia and Taylor are perfectly, wonderfully happy with each other. So does Missy.

And they're right.

.... It's because we're on QQ, isn't it? That everyone assumes a relationship can't be both happy and chaste?

Either way, I'm not going to dignify any more commentary on the subject. Not every relationship has to be sexual, folks.

Ryuketsu, Jiven, Volkogluk and 16 others like this.
  23. Godwinson

Godwinson Making the rounds.

Lisa would high-five you for this.

Hell, I'll high-five you for this.

*high-fives*

Ryuketsu, Jiven, Faraway-R and 5 others like this.
  24. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

This is true. I even feel comfortable saying on behalf of QQ that on average we all like that that's a theme in this story. The thing is that both Taylor and Amelia have expressed an interest in becoming sexual with each other, and being as we are invested in the characters, we want to maximize their happiness.

In other words, it's not that we don't think Taylor, Amelia, and Taylia aren't significantly happier than the average people. It's that we know that they could be even happier, and can see paths to get there. And on top of that there are enough roadblocks on those paths (and interesting consequences to following those paths (that interact with other themes of this story)) to make for interesting discussion, especially in a place descended from a famous debate forum like this.

25. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Yeah, you've kind of picked the wrong title for your story :D

That's not a complaint, by the way, I love the shifts in character POV.

The Amelia/Taylor relationship really sucks for me because I love how you've done it, but you've done it so well, and there's so much else happening, that you can't really do more with it (significantly, anway) until everyone/everything/the rest of the story catches up to it.

So I have to wait!

26. Sir Rabby

Sir Rabby Know what you're doing yet?

I had to create an account here to express my dismay with Victoria.

God damn. She's New Wave through and through...breaking into a villains home when the worst he's done - according to Chevvy - is threaten to hurt people and perhaps made a few ill advised online comments. Apparently this deserves ambushing him in his bathroom.

Fuck Victoria and I hope there's some repercussion to this. Perhaps a Brute that doesn't pull his punches next time because she might just follow him/her home.

Again.

Fuck Victoria.

Buggy123 and Godwinson like this.
  27. pheonix89

pheonix89 Wanna be game dev

Did you miss the whole part where he challenged her to a rematch minus her armor anytime, anywhere, and threatened to RAPE her if he won? Oh, and the fact that as an escaped prisoner, there are no legal problems with this? Also, that brute would need a way to negate her combat precog - she's pretty much invincible one on one with it. And not pulling your punches won't really help against the woman who was able to keep up with EIDOLON vs Tohu after everyone else went down.

Prince Charon and tordg like this.
  28. Sir Rabby

Sir Rabby Know what you're doing yet?

Nope.

Didn't miss any of that but lets not pretend people on the internet don't casually say the most heinous shit. Whatever he was in prison for is unlikely Birdcage material which was probably the excuse New Wave used to knock BoneyMarky's door in.

This is Victoria on a power trip and not only getting is she away with it...but fully backed by the Protectorate.

Fine; I hope somehow Mantellum slaps the shit out of her or any other villain who knows Vicky has no boundaries regarding civil identities.

EDIT: This is the girl that was reasonably alright with Bonesaw being on her sisters team. Is this the part where we pretend she's so morally outraged by a relative no-name that she gets to pull this? From what Chevvy's second in command implies - via the half a mile tracking thing - this may not even be the first time she did this.

EDIT2: Can't hide behind the 'escaped felon' bit either. Various villains in canon were never actively chased let alone had their doors kicked in.

29. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

+1 on this. If they were both actually asexual or not interested it would be different, but they have both expressed an interest in advancing to a more physical relationship and the only reason they don't even attempt to figure out a way past it is because of the disastrous first attempt and fear of a repeat. Riley finding this out and 'halping', with enthusiastic assistance from everyone who would be amused by it(Zach, Victoria, Crystal), would make for an entertaining chapter.

Would it be likely for either of them to actually go through with it? No, both Taylor and Amelia fear what happened before too much, enough that even the perfect solution will be nitpicked to death out of paranoia. If they don't find anything wrong with the solution, they would throw it out anyway because that just means the flaw is too well hidden for them to find and is obviously too dangerous to attempt to use.

The only way they would get physical with each other at this point is if both of them weren't in their right minds at the time(drunk, drugged, recovering from head trauma, rez sickness, ect.) and the morning after they would do everything possible to forget it ever happened for fear of breaking the safe status quo, possibly up to having the memories directly erased.

30. dasstan

dasstan :)

It's going to take one hell of a brute to actually be able to put her down, though. She's got a grab bag of powers that give her a mid to high end rating on just about everything except Tinker.

I also think that that there's something of a significant shift in regards to the unwritten rules. The majority of Pantheon's members are out, and Pantheon has the better PR machine... Now, I'm not saying that the unwritten rules are going to be completely thrown out the window, but I do think that the public perception is going to shift accordingly.

We've already seen it in action in these last chapters. Both Chevalier and his director don't really bat an eye at Victoria's casual dismissal of the status quo.

ETA: A big reason for the unwritten rules in the first place was Endbringer attendance. The method with which they fight the Endbringers has changed from "throw everyone we have at it and hope something sticks," to a more measured, better organized method. They don't need fodder anymore, so they don't have to play as nicely with the villains.

Buggy123, Prince Charon and tordg like this.